Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who'll win?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

9 23.68%
  • Akainu

29 76.32%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kuzan vs Sakazuki: Justice will prevail

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mad Wanze's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuzan vs Sakazuki: Justice will prevail

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we are people, this is the match of the century, a match that will decide what's gonna happen to this world! These two people never liked each other since the incidents in Ohara, and now that the sit for new Fleet Admiral is still free, they'll fight each other to take it!

Oooon the red corner, with the weight of 232 Kgs and an height of 3.02 Meters SAKAZUKI AKAINU!!! He is the strongest member of the "Dark Justice" League, he is crazy and loves extra-work. He is also a psyco!

On the blue corner, weight of 196 Kgs and height of 3.18 Meters, KUZAN AOKIJI!!! He is the champion of the siss... i mean, of the "Gentle hand of Justice" league, he loves sleeping but when he gets serious there'll be troubles!

The match ends when one of the contenders dies, and a KO isn't enough. Let the carnage BEGIN!
    Spoiler show

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuzan vs Sakazuki: Justice will prevail

i think akainu would be the one to win, magma is way is stronger than ice, so unfortunely i think akainu would be the winner.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if Aokoji let's loose, he'll cool the magma down and turn Akainu into a Rock man... and then he will break him into pieces...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great match up because, at first glance, it looks like Akainu has the upper hand. But who wins might depend a lot on the location of the battle. If there is a lot of water in the area, Aokiji will have an advantage. Specially if they're on a battleship or not on land. Akainu will not be able to burn through the ground and melt things at will compared to Aokiji who can always freeze the water and make his own ground. Also, I wonder if Aokiji can reform after melting too (as opposed to shattering as ice). If he can, this may be more of a battle of who has the stronger haki.

I know I'm kinda rooting for Aokiji here, but I want to point out something about Ice vs Magma. Technically, as elements/forces of nature, Ice can melt, evaporate, rain down/reform as dew and freeze again because the freezing/melting temperatures of water is relatively low. But magma will harden even in room temperature, and once frozen, turns into solid rock and doesn't melt again unless exposed to extreme heat. If Aokiji manages to zap Akainu's heat and freeze him, Akainu will not be making a comeback.

But if this battle takes place on land (specially in a dry climate like Arabasta) Aokiji has little chance to win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is would be a good fight, however we need to know one thing though. Just how cold can Aokiji make things? Like RezzieTheRapper pointed out, Aokiji could cool Akainu down enough to a rock like form. If he can do that then this match will be a grueling one for both participants.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu can get land mass by throwing his magma into water. It cools, forms rock, creates land.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shuusui's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

i think akainu win with ONE HIT. Even Ace's fire melting his ice, magma can melt Aokiji...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Calisto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu has the elemental advantage.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mad Wanze's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

So it finally happened!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

We got our answer.
    They're pretty much equal, but Akainu have the elemental advantage, but even with that, it was pretty close match.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Would akainu really have an elemental advantage? It depends on the logic we use and how the manga presents the relationship. We could argue that lava melts ice but it could be as true that ice freezes magma. I get the impression that the most likely scenario is that they cancel each other out which would also be consistent with their personalities.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Would akainu really have an elemental advantage? It depends on the logic we use and how the manga presents the relationship. We could argue that lava melts ice but it could be as true that ice freezes magma. I get the impression that the most likely scenario is that they cancel each other out which would also be consistent with their personalities.
    Erm... If Magma can " burn " fire, no matter how you think about it, it should be able to melt ice.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this post is funnier now because their fight lasted 10 days... Akainu just inched out a win...

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shuusui View Post
    i think akainu win with ONE HIT. Even Ace's fire melting his ice, magma can melt Aokiji...
    this is the post I meant to quote
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace vs Aokiji and Akainu vs Aokiji were different though; Ace only melted one attack, it wasn't like he fought to the death against Aokiji, Maybe Aokiji was more motivated against Akainu? Or could it be that because Magma is a freezable substance Aokiji fared batter?

It does seem kind of off to me but I can only think that it was a situational kind of thing. It would of sucked if Jimbei said "Aokiji opposed Akainu becoming FA, so the dueled on an island and Akainu wtfpwned Aokiji because of the elemental advantage" It could of also been because of Akainu's hesitation to kill Aokiji, I dunno.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Erm... If Magma can " burn " fire, no matter how you think about it, it should be able to melt ice.
    Not necessarily, that's why I said it depends on the logic oda uses for this part. What if akainu's head simply cancels out with aokiji's cold? If anything, if aokiji is cold enough he should be able make akainu's magma solid and actually hurt him without even using haki. Overall, it could easily be something different from simply "burning" ice. For akainu to "burn" the ice he would have to raise its temperature to a point where it would effectively burn aokiji however in that process akainu's magma will also go through a decrease in temperature. If akainu fails to get aokiji's temperature that high (say, his heat cancels out with his coldness or worst, he does not cancel out and gets actually cold himself) then the fight would be pretty much even.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast