Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Drug dealers are dream stealers..

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.

Wanna get naked and dance like o la la and na na?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I heard you were lonely,so i thought i'd stop by

So,how did you get into manga.What was your first and what is your favourite manga ever.

What hobbies,which are not manga-related do you have?
    Goo! I love you so much! So fucking much!

How I got into manga? Well, basically through anime.

My first manga ever was Dragon Ball. Dutch edition volumes which were 2,99 each. The volumes contained three chapters I think. But I never paid for them.. Uhm, no wait, I meant.. I uhh.. Crap.

But anyway, I got volume 3 from my grandma and some weeks later I got volume 18. Afterwards I got 21, 28 and 31 if I'm correct. I've read those volumes, but never really followed the manga then.

When I started to watch anime consciously (before I didn't know the term anime), I started with.. You can guess it.. Naruto. I also saw the first half of Elfen Lied and Chrno Crusade but dropped them for unknown reasons. But I watched, Mouse, He Is My Master and Gokusen completely.

But I'm talking about anime and you never asked that. Anyway, After some time I met someone, who's now a dear friend and he was one huge One Piece-tard. He got me watching One Piece. Which you know, I fucking love. Good shit.

I guess my favorite manga would be hard to call. I've got a favorite one-shot though and that's L∞p. It's from the Mx0 author/artist, only something completely different. My top manga are Beck, Sexy Commando, The Law of Ueki and Konjiki no Gash Bell!! though.

If I had to chose, I think I would place Ueki at number 1 after all. Never was I sucked into a manga more then in Ueki. Top-notch shounen.

Other hobbies of mine are playing basketball, baseball, badminton (since I suck to much at tennis) and soccer. You already know about my otaku-ness, which is not only for the Asian shit, but also for European and American series, movies, books and comics. Well, American comics not so much, I need to get into that world, but I just can't find good sources or sites.

I also love to write. I love being a bad-ass critic and hate everything. I tend to write a lot of negative reviews. Since, well, I'm a pessimist or something I guess. Even if I want to write a good review, I always get out-of-context and talk about how everything else is crap.

Setting things on fire is also a bit of my hobby. I don't know if I ever mentioned in here, but I'm a pyromaniac. I even collect things to set on fire.

I recycle, everything, but instead of giving it to the recycle companies, I just burn it all! Especially love a fucking huge fire when it's raining like hell. It's like setting fire to the rain, since the rain turns orange because of the fire's glow.

That reminds me, I love music. I love to sing along. Especially with music like Adele. She also has a song that's called Set Fire to the Rain!

I love databases. I'm a sucker for numbers, organizing and shit like that.

Think this post is long enough by now, I probably have more to tell, but I need to download the other F.E.A.R. games now. I might tell other freaky things the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Name your 3 closest friends. Which one is your very best friend?
    How often do you really "go out"?
    Ever been in true love?
    Do you excercise regularly? If so, how often? - lol, ignore that one.
    On a scale of 1-5 how organized are you?
    What is your zodiac sign?
    Have any nick names? If so, what?
    Name a couple of T.V. shows you watch a lot?
    -Mitchel, Mario, Manuel. My very best friend is Mitchel. We've been friends for 21 years now.
    -Not so much anymore. I never found the time because of work. And when I went out my girlfriend always wanted to go with me. So I never could let myself go, because she's weak to alcohol (). So I always need to take care of her.
    -Yes, at this very moment. We're almost dating for 6 months, but I'm still hard in love like I was when we first met.
    -I won't ignore it. Used to do it daily. Everyday at least one hour. Because I didn't find more time due to work. Now I stopped working, I haven't really exercised yet. My inner otaku took over. But I'm re-modeling my bedroom so I took my exercise machines apart. Going to rebuild them next week, then I'll start again. I'm still doing biking each day, about 20-30 km, it variates. But that's nearly an exercise for me anymore.
    -That's hard to say, if you enter my room you'll get an heart-attack, probably. I clean once a week, but when I do, it's probably the neatest and cleanest place you'll ever see. Outside of my room, I'm a total control-freak. Everything has to be neat, clean and ordered. Ever-y-thing!
    -Capricorn.
    -Xadyu; often shortened to X or Xad; changed to Shad, Shadz, Yuu, Xanadu. Xenzio; often changed to Zen. In real life nicknames are, TC, Tommy and Leeijen.
    -I don't watch a particular tv-show a lot. I used to watch a lot of re-runs of Friends, Frasier and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. But I don't watch tv anymore, so I just watch things when they air.

Currently I'm watching a lot of American Dad!, saw Season 4 Sunday, Season 5 yesterday and everything of Season 6 that has aired today.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Wanna get naked and dance like o la la and na na?
    With you? Never!
    Last edited by Xadyu; May 17, 2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Why?! Is it because I'm white and awesome? D:

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    Goo! I love you so much! So fucking much!

How I got into manga? Well, basically through anime.

My first manga ever was Dragon Ball. Dutch edition volumes which were 2,99 each. The volumes contained three chapters I think. But I never paid for them.. Uhm, no wait, I meant.. I uhh.. Crap.

But anyway, I got volume 3 from my grandma and some weeks later I got volume 18. Afterwards I got 21, 28 and 31 if I'm correct. I've read those volumes, but never really followed the manga then.

When I started to watch anime consciously (before I didn't know the term anime), I started with.. You can guess it.. Naruto. I also saw the first half of Elfen Lied and Chrno Crusade but dropped them for unknown reasons. But I watched, Mouse, He Is My Master and Gokusen completely.
    I know

I guess every got to manga through those cheaply edited versions on TV.
    3 chapters?So you had like your own volume versions or what?
    So you started with Naruto,ha?It's always funny hearing that.I mean,even Rofl started as a Narutard.You'd never expect that now.
    I guess everyone would've finished He Is My Master.

Quote Quote:
    But I'm talking about anime and you never asked that. Anyway, After some time I met someone, who's now a dear friend and he was one huge One Piece-tard. He got me watching One Piece. Which you know, I fucking love. Good shit.

I guess my favorite manga would be hard to call. I've got a favorite one-shot though and that's L∞p. It's from the Mx0 author/artist, only something completely different. My top manga are Beck, Sexy Commando, The Law of Ueki and Konjiki no Gash Bell!! though.

If I had to chose, I think I would place Ueki at number 1 after all. Never was I sucked into a manga more then in Ueki. Top-notch shounen.
    Did you like OP right away?Like the very first episodes as well?Because the first chapters were okay,but nothing really special to me.What's your favourite arc?

The one-shot with that guy whose death is repeated every night and then he changes it?I liked it as well,but there were better one-shots for me like Hotel.

The Law of Ueki?I've heard off it quite often,but was never motivated enough to check it out.I guess i should do so.
    Quote Quote:
    Other hobbies of mine are playing basketball, baseball, badminton (since I suck to much at tennis) and soccer. You already know about my otaku-ness, which is not only for the Asian shit, but also for European and American series, movies, books and comics. Well, American comics not so much, I need to get into that world, but I just can't find good sources or sites.
    I guess we only share soccer than(and partially batminton),because i hate Basketball(even though i'm tall) and never really got the opportunity to seriously try baseball.I played it in school once and i liked it,but it's not very popular over here.
    Anyway,with European stuff you mean BDs and such?

Quote Quote:
    I also love to write. I love being a bad-ass critic and hate everything. I tend to write a lot of negative reviews. Since, well, I'm a pessimist or something I guess. Even if I want to write a good review, I always get out-of-context and talk about how everything else is crap.
    Same here
    I like to criticize people because it's fun and because i want them to improve and not get horny hearing my praises.That's why i usually hate hearing "Awesome!Love it!" under my pictures.Sure,it's good to read stuff like that once in a while,but i can't improve with that,so i like when honest people point out mistakes and actually support me that way.
    That's the reason why i value your opininon,because it's not the usual one.

Quote Quote:
    Setting things on fire is also a bit of my hobby. I don't know if I ever mentioned in here, but I'm a pyromaniac. I even collect things to set on fire.

I recycle, everything, but instead of giving it to the recycle companies, I just burn it all! Especially love a fucking huge fire when it's raining like hell. It's like setting fire to the rain, since the rain turns orange because of the fire's glow.

That reminds me, I love music. I love to sing along. Especially with music like Adele. She also has a song that's called Set Fire to the Rain!

I love databases. I'm a sucker for numbers, organizing and shit like that.

Think this post is long enough by now, I probably have more to tell, but I need to download the other F.E.A.R. games now. I might tell other freaky things the next time.
    I can't say i'm surprised to be honest
    Do you like fireworks?And what do you do on silvester?Burn a house?

Who/What's your favourite artist/band then?Do you or did you play an instrument?

Sorry for the long reply.>__>

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Why?! Is it because I'm white and awesome? D:
    No, it's because you are pretending to be white and awesome.

I know

I guess every got to manga through those cheaply edited versions on TV.
    3 chapters?So you had like your own volume versions or what?
    So you started with Naruto,ha?It's always funny hearing that.I mean,even Rofl started as a Narutard.You'd never expect that now.
    I guess everyone would've finished He Is My Master.
    Wanna... Hook up?

Yeah, when that company first licensed the Dragon Ball manga they had these very thin volumes. Mostly 3 chapters a volume. When the serie finished they had 96 volumes or something. Then they released it in normal sizes. And some time ago they did those maxi sizes. I love those sizes, it's like two volumes in one and bigger and better. The quality! It's awesome. Haven't bought any yet though.

Yeah, I've watched tons of anime before that of course, but I never knew it was anime.
    My girlfriend's been watching anime for a few years too, but it was Pokemon and Naruto all the way.
    She started with Bleach last year, she finished the Bounto arc some time ago.
    That's the reason I started to watch it again, so we can watch it together. :3
    I'm so not feeling this Bounto arc now, going to take some time to get through it, what's with this fucked up art? Horrible!

But, she's seen Tokyo Mew Mew too. I always forget that. Then I said, you're my future wife. It's time to make you an otaku.
    Let's watch anime! So, I watched He is My Master with her. She loved it. I loved her even more then. Made her watch Chi's Sweet Home.
    She likes that too, now we're watching Nyan Koi! together (never finished it before), to keep the cat theme going.

Did you like OP right away?Like the very first episodes as well?Because the first chapters were okay,but nothing really special to me.What's your favourite arc?

The one-shot with that guy whose death is repeated every night and then he changes it?I liked it as well,but there were better one-shots for me like Hotel.

The Law of Ueki?I've heard off it quite often,but was never motivated enough to check it out.I guess i should do so.
    No. I disliked the art, I hated the first introduction of characters; Luffy, Alvida, Coby, Nami, Morgan, Helmeppo, Usopp, Sham and Buchi.

I loved Zoro and I liked Kuro. He was, kind of, bad-ass. And well, Jango was funny. It wasn't until the Baratie arc that I started to like characters.
    Johnny and Yosaku were just amusing, but nothing special, useful for fillers, lol. Sanji was cool and I just fucking love Gin, I still do. Don Krieg was kind of awesome, the only character I didn't like that arc was Pearl. He looked like shit. I even liked those shitty cooks and the idea of All Blue.

Then, then came the Arlong Arc. That, was the arc that made me love the anime. It's still one of my favorite arcs, I still get goosebumps thinking about it. The fight(s) were nothing. I don't even like any of them, but that flashbacks, the dialogues, the one-liners, the tears! EPIC!

Yeah, I loved that one-shot. I'm not sure if I've read Hotel yet. But there are enough one-shots I like too, even more then the L∞p one, but I love it personally for.. well, some reasons. I have no idea.

Yes. Yes! Definitely go read it! If you like shounens you'll love it! The art might be dislike-able at start, but once you get used to it it's okay. And since you're an artist it probably doesn't bother you as much as the others.

I'll answer that last part later, out of time now. :x

I guess we only share soccer than(and partially batminton),because i hate Basketball(even though i'm tall) and never really got the opportunity to seriously try baseball.I played it in school once and i liked it,but it's not very popular over here.
    Anyway,with European stuff you mean BDs and such?
    Yeah, don't do a lot of soccer though, since most of my friends don't tend to care about it, the same goes for Badminton.
    I love basketball, I don't watch it, well, I don't watch any sports at all, but I love playing basketball and baseball. Favorite sports ever.

With European stuff I mean European comics and series. I've seen several Dutch and German tv shows and I've read everything from Tin Tin and Asterix & Obelix and several other well-known comics, but I just can't seem to get into them. What do you mean with BDs?

Same here
    I like to criticize people because it's fun and because i want them to improve and not get horny hearing my praises.That's why i usually hate hearing "Awesome!Love it!" under my pictures.Sure,it's good to read stuff like that once in a while,but i can't improve with that,so i like when honest people point out mistakes and actually support me that way.
    That's the reason why i value your opininon,because it's not the usual one.
    Ha! Yeah, most of the times I never see an artist update their account on DA when I leave my feedback.
    But I can't possible be that harsh, can I? I don't get much feedback on anything I do, to be honest.
    Usually I get those kind of comments and I hate it, because I never get any real supportive feedback.
    Then again, I really don't care to much since most of the work I have online sucks, in my opinion.
    And thanks, it's good to hear I'm appreciated at least by someone on this forum!

I can't say i'm surprised to be honest
    Do you like fireworks?And what do you do on silvester?Burn a house?
    What? It's not suprising I'm a pyromaniac? Why is that?
    I don't like fireworks, at all. Well, if it looks beautiful, it.. looks beautiful.
    But I don't like it, I never buy any myself either.

What's Silvester?

Who/What's your favourite artist/band then?Do you or did you play an instrument?

Sorry for the long reply.>__>
    Eminem and Will Smith are my favorite artists, I don't really have a favorite band though.
    I'm only playing the Guitar Hero guitar at the moment, but I took some piano lessons back in the day and I bought an electric guitar some while ago. Haven't really done anything with it yet, til this day, it's just a cool looking prop in my room.

And I don't mind, it makes my thread look smart and dignified.

P.S. Everything you asked in the last two posts; Right back at ya.
    I know I didn't ask anything back, but that always goes automatically. I just answer and don't ask back, I always think that people would assume that they would need to tell their side of the question too.
    Last edited by Xadyu; May 17, 2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your philosophy on life? Define it in one word.

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your philosophy on life? Define it in one word.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so i herd u liek talkin bout animu

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

I always do!

Let's start with the upcoming summer season?
    Have you seen it's preview? What are your thought about that?

There's a lot of loli stuff, so you might like it. But it looks rather sad compared to this season as far as I remember, but then again, I haven't checked a lot of Spring anime yet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

haven't checked out Spring animu yet? What are you waiting for, it's the best season we've had in years. AnoHana, Hanasaku, Kaiji S2, Denpa Onna, X-men (it's actually good), Steins;Gate, KamiNomi2, 30-sai, Azazel, Tiger & Bunny and Nichijou. To a lesser extent there's Ao no Exorcist, Mariaholic, Enma, Dog Days and Deadman Wonderland...they kinda range from mediocre to alright.

as for summer animu uhh

Appleseed-experimenting with CGI/3D animation heavy. Uhh no thanks
    Natsume Yuujinchou season 3-haven't seen the other two seasons but apparently its hot shit
    Mayo Chikki-lol
    idolM@aster-animu of the season probably. Why? It's co-directed by Gainax/Kyoani and funded by A-1 (they fund a lot of experimental stuff). Not to mention the staff is absolutely beastly, I don't think I've seen this good a line-up since ever.
    BloodC-Blood+ was good and it has the same director so I'm interested.
    Baka Test 2-liked season 1 so it sounds good
    Usagi Drop-eh. Production I.G so I'll check it out...but don't have much interest. I wish I.G would do another action series like Moribito
    No.6-Bones action animu but I have the sinking feeling that it'll end up being yaoi bait
    Ikoku-no opinion. Looks like an "era" show so uhhh....dunno
    Itsuka...-ZEXCS? lolno
    Nekogami-not interested
    R-15-apparently the light novel is good but I don't care much for AIC
    Dantalian-Gainax show so I'll watch it for sure. However all the good Gainax staff members will be working on idolm@aster and Gainax isn't really known for their adaptions...
    Nurarihyon no mago-nope, 1st season was garbage
    JC-staff animu-nope
    Blade-no
    Kamisama dolls-Brains Base so checking it out
    Sacred Seven-Sunrise original. That's all that needs to be said
    another JC staff animu-uhh nope
    Milky Holmes Special-its JC Staff, but Milky Holmes is awesome so hell yes

as far as OVAs go, there's Roberta's Blood Trail, and some more Hellsing Ultimate. There's also this SHAFT OVA called Kate ni Kaizou or w/e. And there's the Brotherhood movie though we won't see that for another year

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    haven't checked out Spring animu yet? What are you waiting for, it's the best season we've had in years. AnoHana, Hanasaku, Kaiji S2, Denpa Onna, X-men (it's actually good), Steins;Gate, KamiNomi2, 30-sai, Azazel, Tiger & Bunny and Nichijou. To a lesser extent there's Ao no Exorcist, Mariaholic, Enma, Dog Days and Deadman Wonderland...they kinda range from mediocre to alright.

as for summer animu uhh

Appleseed-experimenting with CGI/3D animation heavy. Uhh no thanks
    Natsume Yuujinchou season 3-haven't seen the other two seasons but apparently its hot shit
    Mayo Chikki-lol
    idolM@aster-animu of the season probably. Why? It's co-directed by Gainax/Kyoani and funded by A-1 (they fund a lot of experimental stuff). Not to mention the staff is absolutely beastly, I don't think I've seen this good a line-up since ever.
    BloodC-Blood+ was good and it has the same director so I'm interested.
    Baka Test 2-liked season 1 so it sounds good
    Usagi Drop-eh. Production I.G so I'll check it out...but don't have much interest. I wish I.G would do another action series like Moribito
    No.6-Bones action animu but I have the sinking feeling that it'll end up being yaoi bait
    Ikoku-no opinion. Looks like an "era" show so uhhh....dunno
    Itsuka...-ZEXCS? lolno
    Nekogami-not interested
    R-15-apparently the light novel is good but I don't care much for AIC
    Dantalian-Gainax show so I'll watch it for sure. However all the good Gainax staff members will be working on idolm@aster and Gainax isn't really known for their adaptions...
    Nurarihyon no mago-nope, 1st season was garbage
    JC-staff animu-nope
    Blade-no
    Kamisama dolls-Brains Base so checking it out
    Sacred Seven-Sunrise original. That's all that needs to be said
    another JC staff animu-uhh nope
    Milky Holmes Special-its JC Staff, but Milky Holmes is awesome so hell yes

as far as OVAs go, there's Roberta's Blood Trail, and some more Hellsing Ultimate. There's also this SHAFT OVA called Kate ni Kaizou or w/e. And there's the Brotherhood movie though we won't see that for another year
    I'm basically only checking the series out from which I've read the manga, because I was. But I've had my eye on quite some animes from that list actually.

Sket Dance and Deadman Wonderland are alright. Sket has some issues with animation and art while Deadman struggles with voice-actors doing a poor job and also some animation errors.

Toriko and Ao no Exorcist are the best. Both have great animation and the art is well-done in both too, although, I saw some flaws in the last Exorcist episode.

Besides those I'm watching Fireball Charming, but well, it's exactly the same as the first season, still enjoyable though.

I've seen Wolverine and I liked it, so I'm definitely checking out the others. I'll watch Iron Man first since it's already finished, then I'll go for X-Men and Blade.

It seems you really depend on the studios creating the animes aren't you. Of course, I enjoy high quality over anything else too, but even crappy studios have great animes sometimes. And no, I'm not in the mood to Google endlessly for an example ().

Why aren't you going to watch Blade? If you think X-Men is good, Blade might too. Have you seen Wolverine and Iron Man already, what were your thoughts about that?

Appleseed has CGI? It doesn't say that, but since it's Appleseed it probably does. I like Appleseed though, so I'll probably check it out.

I loved the Usagi Drop manga () so I'll definitely check the anime out. I don't see the Manyuu Hikenchou anime in your list, but since it's about big breasts and the secrets to getting them. I'll definitely watch it, I'm a man, I can't resist. Even if it turns out crappy, big breasts all the way.

I only saw the two first episodes of the Nurarihyon anime and yes, they were bad, I still need to finish the first season before I consider taking up the second or not. Probably.. not.

Still need to watch the Natsume seasons too, I remember watching the first episode of the first season, but I never got passed that for some reason. Mayo Chiki! feels.. well, not only feels. It's been done tons of times and I'm definitely not interested, normally I don't mind, but that picture can't turn me over.

Is the Idol@Master a sequel to any of it's other seasons? Because I downloaded one some while ago but I still need to watch it. The same goes for the Blood series. I haven't seen the Blood+ movie yet, is it related in some way? The designing is by CLAMP. That turns me off a bit though.

Also still need to watch the first season Baka to Test. I'll definitely watch the Milky Holmes shit! Sacred Seven is standard shounen shit, but I'll watch it anyway because I'm a sucker for generic shit.

I've read the Katte ni Kaizou manga and I fucking love that weird-ass mindfuck shit! Have you seen (or read) the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei series? Because it's original author is also the creator of Katte ni Kaizou. He created SZS afterwards if I'm correct.

I'll watch the 2nd OVA of Fairy Tail just because it's an OVA of Fairy Tail. One more OVA of FT can't hurt me. The same goes for the Air Gear one, although I need to watch the first two episodes too. But if I heard correctly I have not yet read enough manga to watch it. I might not care enough in time and watch it anyway, but who knows. (read: I fucking dislike the manga so I probably won't continue to read and watch it anyway.)

Ao no Exorcist has an OVA? Or Special? Or whatever, I'll watch it anyway. I'm also interested in Roberta's Blood Trail, but I haven't seen anything from Black Lagoon yet.

I basically watch all the movies, it's a movie, don't care so much for the story. If it sucks, I don't care, I have no obligations to it anymore like I do with a series. I'll definitely watch the movies of Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Pokemon and Sengoku Basara. Towa no Quon's picture makes me very intruiged, so I'll watch that also. Besides. BONES. Bones is good right?

I might watch Sora no Otoshimono's movie, but I want to finish the anime first. Still stuck in season 1. And it depends what the Hayate no Gotoku! movie is about, but I'm sure the plot really doesn't care so I can watch it anyway.

But yeah, fucking long waiting time for all of those movies.

I'm currently watching Nyan Koi! with my girlfriend by the way. Have you seen it. It's quality is actually good, it's animation and art are on a steady level and the voice-actors do a great job. I have no idea what studio did it or anything, but why isn't there a season 2 of that?

I've read the manga of before I started watching and a second season would really be fun. I guess the ratings cause a missing season 2? Or is it a crappy studio that only does one season animes? :x

I picked up Higepiyo again too, never got passed episode 6, rewatched the first two episodes last week. I'm stuck again!

But that's because I'm catching up with non-anime series. Most series (Chuck, Hawaii Five-0, House etc.) are finished now, so I can finish the seasons and focus entirely on anime.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    I watched an animation MAD that a cut from Sket Dance 01, and it looked pretty good. Apparently the animation went to shit after so lol Tatsunoko >__>

I heard the Toriko OVA was good but its Toei doing the TV series...and well they're pretty crap. Look at what they did to OP ;__;. They still put out good OP movies....sometimes

yeah I usually base my preferences based on studio, but it isn't always the case. For example, Hyoge Mono is a curious anime that reminds me of LoGH, but its animated by Bee Train. Its been good so far, so I'm hesitantly optimistic

Blade....meh. I'm watching X-Men because I liked the cartoons and movies. Also the director and staff is good, unlike Wolverine or Iron Man. IM had godawful CGI and Wolverine....eh it just looked mediocre. If Blade is good like X-Men, I'll watch it.

Manyuu? Eh I sort of glossed over it because lolgeneric. But I like big breasts too, I liked Seikon no Qwaser well enough. Depends if any other animu has a lot of fanservice in the summer.

Sunrise did an adaption of idolm@aster a while back called Xenoglassia. Apparently it was a mecha anime....which pissed off fans. Idolm@ster games are about girls becoming idols or w/e and mecha apparently didn't sit well with that scenario

the Blood+ movie is more of a re-imagining of Blood+, and it isn't that good. The only real reason to watch is for the animation

Yeah I saw the first season Zetsubou-Sensei, didn't watch the seasons after though, for some reason. The OVAs is completely Zetsubou style though, not surprised the author is the same

Fairy Tail? I don't think so buddy...didn't like Fairy Tail >__>. And watch Black Lagoon, shit is awesome.

Towa no Quon, watched a preview earlier. It looked more like an OVA to me, the animation looked boring to me so I dunno wtf Bones is doing there. Bones is USUALLY good, I don't really like their originals though, Like Eureka 7 and Rahxephon. Darker than Black was good though.

I saw a bit of Nyan Koi, yeah. It was funny from what I remember, but I guess I forgot to keep up with it. I think it bombed in DVD sales, so it won't get a second season

I've been watching some other shows myself...mostly Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones lol. House became crap a while ago...and that's all I watch for TV lol. Also Dexter

annd watch Fate/Zero when it comes out >__>

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What is 42?

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

What is 42?
    The answer to your previous question.

I watched an animation MAD that a cut from Sket Dance 01, and it looked pretty good. Apparently the animation went to shit after so lol Tatsunoko >__>

I heard the Toriko OVA was good but its Toei doing the TV series...and well they're pretty crap. Look at what they did to OP ;__;. They still put out good OP movies....sometimes
    Episode 1 was mediocre too. The animation was fine at most scenes but the art that a lot of flaws. Episode 2 became worse, but episode 3 and 4 were fine. Episode 5 was the shittiest episode yet, 6 was fine again. Tatsunoko is doing a bad job, I don't think this will go to be a long-running anime. But then again, look at Fairy Tail.

The Toriko OVA was great, the animation was nothing special and the art was TTGL-style. But it fits so well with Toriko!
    Toei isn't really known for quality no but I can't blame them for One Piece, long-running weekly's don't have a lot of budget, then again, Bleach's anime is superb though, compared to Naruto S. and One Piece. The One Piece movies stay decent yes, but Toei's never the head-company that produces the show right? You should give the Toriko OVA a go, it's only a half hour.

I don't really pay much attention, the only studio I'm familiar with doing bad anime's is Studio DEEN. They fuck up a lot of good adaptations. My poor Rave and Ueki for example.

yeah I usually base my preferences based on studio, but it isn't always the case. For example, Hyoge Mono is a curious anime that reminds me of LoGH, but its animated by Bee Train. Its been good so far, so I'm hesitantly optimistic

Blade....meh. I'm watching X-Men because I liked the cartoons and movies. Also the director and staff is good, unlike Wolverine or Iron Man. IM had godawful CGI and Wolverine....eh it just looked mediocre. If Blade is good like X-Men, I'll watch it.

Manyuu? Eh I sort of glossed over it because lolgeneric. But I like big breasts too, I liked Seikon no Qwaser well enough. Depends if any other animu has a lot of fanservice in the summer.

Sunrise did an adaption of idolm@aster a while back called Xenoglassia. Apparently it was a mecha anime....which pissed off fans. Idolm@ster games are about girls becoming idols or w/e and mecha apparently didn't sit well with that scenario
    I like the idea of Blade more then the superhero ones for Japanese adaptations. But then again, I liked Wolverine. Sure, it was rather mediocre, but enjoyable. I heard of Iron Man's CGI shit before, but I never got passed episode 2, don't remember any CGI in those though. Wolverine had two CGI moments in them too, when he kicked a can and something else that really, really doesn't matter. Cyclops did a cameo in Wolverine by the way. Were there any cameo's in Iron Man too?

Never got to watch Seikon no Qwaser, I didn't like the lead that much, is it any good, I might watch it then.

Oh! That's the one I downloaded. It's about a management office that takes in upcoming idols and uses them to fight off meteors to protect the earth.

the Blood+ movie is more of a re-imagining of Blood+, and it isn't that good. The only real reason to watch is for the animation

Yeah I saw the first season Zetsubou-Sensei, didn't watch the seasons after though, for some reason. The OVAs is completely Zetsubou style though, not surprised the author is the same

Fairy Tail? I don't think so buddy...didn't like Fairy Tail >__>. And watch Black Lagoon, shit is awesome.

Towa no Quon, watched a preview earlier. It looked more like an OVA to me, the animation looked boring to me so I dunno wtf Bones is doing there. Bones is USUALLY good, I don't really like their originals though, Like Eureka 7 and Rahxephon. Darker than Black was good though.

I saw a bit of Nyan Koi, yeah. It was funny from what I remember, but I guess I forgot to keep up with it. I think it bombed in DVD sales, so it won't get a second season

annd watch Fate/Zero when it comes out >__>
    I love great animation, so I guess I'll watch the movie too then. Have you also seen the live-action movie? Is it any good?

I never watched the anime with an exception for some scenes, it looks great so, I think that's one of the first series I might watch now.

Fairy Tail's anime sucks. The colors are so flat and that's fucking annoying. There's no depth or warmth in it's art and the animation is shitty. Don't even get me started on the different style of magic and it's shitty CGI. Horrible. I only saw the first 3 or 4 episodes, I'll still continue since I'm such a bastard that finishes everything he starts on. I saw the first OVA, the fanservice was great! Well, only in the first part of the OVA. I tend to watch more OVAs and Specials from shows then the actual show itself.

Like Hayate no Gotoku! Never watched the animes, but I read the first 140 chapters of the manga (or something like that). But I still watched the OVA and I'll also check out the movie.

I just saw that Towa no Quon is a movie series, it's getting 6 or 7 movies, so who knows, maybe they all take about 40/60 min. or something.

Too bad, I really like the manga and I'm loving the anime season so far.

About Fate/Stay, I've been meaning to watch that (with another 1000 anime) for at least a couple of years now.

I've been watching some other shows myself...mostly Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones lol. House became crap a while ago...and that's all I watch for TV lol. Also Dexter.
    I still need to finish Boardwalk Empire, don't know why I didn't continue to watch.

I'm currently updating other shows. I caught up with Chuck, only the season final to go. Everything is so mediocre in the show, but it's still amusing. Last chapter I almost cried though. So, so sad.

I also caught up with American Dad! (3 seasons, lol), The Cleveland Show and Family Guy. I'm also finally going to start The Simpsons from scratch, I've never really followed the show.

I haven't seen past episode 1 from Game of Thrones either, but I'll continue to watch it after I finished the House M.D. and Hawaii Five-0 seasons.

Besides those I still need to catch up with The Mentalist, NCIS: Los Angeles and The Big Bang Theory.

Still waiting for the new seasons from Dexter, Californication, White Collar and Entourage
    Last edited by Xadyu; May 18, 2011 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanna... Hook up?

Yeah, when that company first licensed the Dragon Ball manga they had these very thin volumes. Mostly 3 chapters a volume. When the serie finished they had 96 volumes or something. Then they released it in normal sizes. And some time ago they did those maxi sizes. I love those sizes, it's like two volumes in one and bigger and better. The quality! It's awesome. Haven't bought any yet though.

96 volumes?What did they use for covers?Did they re-use some old ones or did they draw them themself?
    I already have the normal collection,but the maxi size versions sound awesome!

Yeah, I've watched tons of anime before that of course, but I never knew it was anime.
    My girlfriend's been watching anime for a few years too, but it was Pokemon and Naruto all the way.
    She started with Bleach last year, she finished the Bounto arc some time ago.
    That's the reason I started to watch it again, so we can watch it together. :3
    I'm so not feeling this Bounto arc now, going to take some time to get through it, what's with this fucked up art? Horrible!

But, she's seen Tokyo Mew Mew too. I always forget that. Then I said, you're my future wife. It's time to make you an otaku.
    Let's watch anime! So, I watched He is My Master with her. She loved it. I loved her even more then. Made her watch Chi's Sweet Home.
    She likes that too, now we're watching Nyan Koi! together (never finished it before), to keep the cat theme going.
    I think everybody was like that.I still remember that i watched Golden Boy when i was 10 or so.It didn't know it was anime,but i loved it.

It's Bleach and filler and Pierrot!What did you expect?
    I see what you're doing.Next you'll watch some neko-hentai and then you'll be like:"Oh,let's do that too!Get yourself some catyears,i'm ready.And while you're at it,buy a maid outfit!"You can't fool me
    (And if you really want to make her an otaku,just get her on MH,we'll do the rest...)

No. I disliked the art, I hated the first introduction of characters; Luffy, Alvida, Coby, Nami, Morgan, Helmeppo, Usopp, Sham and Buchi.

I loved Zoro and I liked Kuro. He was, kind of, bad-ass. And well, Jango was funny. It wasn't until the Baratie arc that I started to like characters.
    Johnny and Yosaku were just amusing, but nothing special, useful for fillers, lol. Sanji was cool and I just fucking love Gin, I still do. Don Krieg was kind of awesome, the only character I didn't like that arc was Pearl. He looked like shit. I even liked those shitty cooks and the idea of All Blue.

Then, then came the Arlong Arc. That, was the arc that made me love the anime. It's still one of my favorite arcs, I still get goosebumps thinking about it. The fight(s) were nothing. I don't even like any of them, but that flashbacks, the dialogues, the one-liners, the tears! EPIC!
    Yeah,that's what always stopped me from re-reading it.I have to confess that i did not read every chapter of OP.I watched some episodes here and there,but it covered most of it.Then,i think it was two years ago,i started reading the Thriller Bark arc and caught up with it.That's why i always planned to re-read it,but firstly,the awesomeness starts late(at around volume 10) and secondly,there are about 50 volumes after that.My brother own the whole collection,so it should be no problem,but i have to find the time first.

I think everybody disliked Pearl.He came out of nowhere and looked like a clown.I also like the idea of All Blue,that's why i'm still dissapointed with the fact that after over 500 chapter we still have no clue about it.

Yeah, I loved that one-shot. I'm not sure if I've read Hotel yet. But there are enough one-shots I like too, even more then the L∞p one, but I love it personally for.. well, some reasons. I have no idea.
    I guess i know what you mean.I have the same with White Clouds.There are other one-shots,which are way better,but this one is special in a way...

Yes. Yes! Definitely go read it! If you like shounens you'll love it! The art might be dislike-able at start, but once you get used to it it's okay. And since you're an artist it probably doesn't bother you as much as the others.
    Art-styles are never really an issue for me.If it was i wouldn't be able to read the majority of gag mangas and i would miss stuff like Shingeki no Kyojin.
    I read the first two chapters of Law of Ueki and i was very pleased.It's on hold now,because i'm catching up on HxH (and tons of other manga) right now,but I'll remember it.

Yeah, don't do a lot of soccer though, since most of my friends don't tend to care about it, the same goes for Badminton.
    I love basketball, I don't watch it, well, I don't watch any sports at all, but I love playing basketball and baseball. Favorite sports ever.

With European stuff I mean European comics and series. I've seen several Dutch and German tv shows and I've read everything from Tin Tin and Asterix & Obelix and several other well-known comics, but I just can't seem to get into them. What do you mean with BDs?
    I see.I guess you liked Slam Dunk and Adachi's works then?

Quote Quote:
    Franco-Belgian comics are comics that are created in Belgium and France. These countries have a long tradition in comics and comic books, where they are known as BDs, an abbreviation of bande dessinée (literally drawn strip) in French and stripverhalen (literally strip stories) in Dutch.
    I think Asterix & Obelix are BDs too.

Ha! Yeah, most of the times I never see an artist update their account on DA when I leave my feedback.
    But I can't possible be that harsh, can I? I don't get much feedback on anything I do, to be honest.
    Usually I get those kind of comments and I hate it, because I never get any real supportive feedback.
    Then again, I really don't care to much since most of the work I have online sucks, in my opinion.
    And thanks, it's good to hear I'm appreciated at least by someone on this forum!
    I guess those are "artist" who just draw to get some praise from weeaboos.Most of the time they start whining and accuse someone of bashing(even though that's true sometimes).
    With the Gallery i created i also expect(ed) some decent critics,but so far i got the usual stuff

What? It's not suprising I'm a pyromaniac? Why is that?
    I don't like fireworks, at all. Well, if it looks beautiful, it.. looks beautiful.
    But I don't like it, I never buy any myself either.

What's Silvester?
    I don't know why,but it kinda fits you.
    Oh,i see.Well,Silvester is New Year's Eve where everybody plays with fireworks,so i thought you'd do something bigger >: )

Eminem and Will Smith are my favorite artists, I don't really have a favorite band though.
    I'm only playing the Guitar Hero guitar at the moment, but I took some piano lessons back in the day and I bought an electric guitar some while ago. Haven't really done anything with it yet, til this day, it's just a cool looking prop in my room.

And I don't mind, it makes my thread look smart and dignified.

P.S. Everything you asked in the last two posts; Right back at ya.
    I know I didn't ask anything back, but that always goes automatically. I just answer and don't ask back, I always think that people would assume that they would need to tell their side of the question too.
    Eminem,eh?I like him as well,even though i never really took my time to listen to all of his stuff.From the top of my mind,i like Stan,Lose Yourself and I Need A Doctor.
    Do you like Will Smith as an actor or his oldschool music?Did you watch his awesome show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

You're like my brother in that aspect.He got a guitar for Christmas and was all like i'll be the best,i like guitars.But in the end he didn't touch it for one year and a half.

Now with Blitz' posts it looks even smarter!Milly kinda ruins this image,though....

As for me,i like a bit of every music direction,so i don't really have a favourite artist.Even though i'm a sucker for Rihanna,somehow.
    My favourite bands are System of a Down and Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

New Reply
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast