Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I don’t know…are you?

It was smut wrapped very nicely with the illusion of love.
    I dunno. Am I?

I don't think it was wrapped that nicely as it was still the guy touching Seri without her permission at first. If anything, all that series did was push how strong true bonds/true love is, which isn't always true.
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Because
    Spoiler show
    depicts what I think love between a couple should be, they care about each other, they support each other, they inspire each other (inspire to become a better person), they help each other, they complete/complement each other, they understand each other, they are there for each other, in short, they truly love each other. Plus, it is so adorable and great witnessing how they develop feelings for each other and end up falling in love.
    Reminds me of Good Ending. Not as perfect as Tomoya and Nagisa, but close to it. Similar to how Sawako becomes a better person with SHota's help as well. :3

Quote Quote:
    Let’s think back during HS, I don’t remember popular boys falling in love with unpopular girls…I’m not saying that an unpopular guy falling in love with an unpopular girl is impossible, but it is not very common for that to happen.

Well…it is not that is hard to make friends with a nice person, the thing is not everyone wants to see beyond the cover, most people just judge a book by its cover, they judge a person for its appearance and don’t spend enough time trying to know the person behind that appearance.
    I guess not, but the girl would probably have to be pretty weird instead of misunderstood, like Sawako was. Shota wasn't a dickhead either, he saw some of Sawako's real side and didn't really begin the relationship by misunderstanding who she is, but what she wanted with him.

First impression is everything.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 06, 2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I dunno. Am I?
    I don’t know…are you? Although…you are a bit pervy…so…can innocence and perviness coexist?

Quote Quote:
    I don't think it was wrapped that nicely as it was still the guy touching Seri without her permission at first.
    You are right, it wasn’t very nicely.

Quote Quote:
    If anything, all that series did was push how strong true bonds/true love is, which isn't always true.
    While I respect your POV, I don’t agree with it. I don’t think that series showed the strength of true love at all. Having sex all the time doesn’t necessarily = true love.

Quote Quote:
    Reminds me of Good Ending. Not as perfect as Tomoya and Nagisa, but close to it. Similar to how Sawako becomes a better person with SHota's help as well. :3
    Spoiler: for Clannad show
    you should definitely watch Clannad, it is a wonderful series.

Quote Quote:
    I guess not, but the girl would probably have to be pretty weird instead of misunderstood, like Sawako was. Shota wasn't a dickhead either, he saw some of Sawako's real side and didn't really begin the relationship by misunderstanding who she is, but what she wanted with him.
    True. So I guess in order for a popular boy to fall in love with a unpopular girl, the popular boy has to be able to see beyond stereotypes and outer appearances and the unpopular girl has not be misunderstood but kind and cute.

Quote Quote:
    First impression is everything.
    I guess…but…first impressions are not always accurate.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 06, 2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know…are you? Although…you are a bit pervy…so…can innocence and perviness coexist?

You are right, it wasn’t very nicely.
    I am not pervy! I swear, it's someone else posting on my account to make me look bad! It's Charles doing it, I swear! :x Innocence and perviness can coexist, I guess, but perviness needs to be low?

I r always rite.

Quote Quote:
    While I respect your POV, I don’t agree with it. I don’t think that series showed the strength of true love at all. Having sex all the time doesn’t necessarily = true love.
    That's not what I meant. It's despite the trials, challenges, and tribulations, the couple stays together and their bonds are stronger. Even when the guy and Seri broke up, it wasn't a real break up because the guy needed to get the other douche off Seri's... nono area, which worked.

But yeah, sex doesn't really = love or true love, it's about the feelings.

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler: for Clannad show
    you should definitely watch Clannad, it is a wonderful series.
    Can I read it instead?

Not sure about this female lead, but Utsumi from GE actually improves and becomes a better person because of the female lead. Rather than be constantly shy, he's a bit aggressive too (although still ultimately nice), but his perviness hasn't changed a bit. xD

Quote Quote:
    True. So I guess in order for a popular boy to fall in love with a unpopular girl, the popular boy has to be able to see beyond stereotypes and outer appearances and the unpopular girl has not be misunderstood but kind and cute.

I guess…but…first impressions are not always accurate.
    The unpopular girl has to not be a weirdo in teh first place. <_< Though, if a popular boy comes across the unpopular girl a la Kimi ni Todoke, romance can happen because he saw her in a way that she actually is rather than what others say about her.

Exactly, but it's still enough for people to determine how a person is. For example, say you saw me making inappropriate jokes about a friend. Your first impression would be "what an asshole, I refuse to talk to him!" It's because you might fear I'll treat you the same way or not really be kind towards you or respectful. However, later on if you see me helping out someone when few others would, then you might change your mind and actually go up and talk to me to get to know me better. Problem is, the second part doesn't always happen, though I guess in romance manga, it either does or the boy and girl gets closer and opinions slowly change.

Sorry for tl;dr paragraph.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not pervy! I swear, it's someone else posting on my account to make me look bad! It's Charles doing it, I swear! :x
    So…Charlie is pervy too? Well…most, if not all, of the boys are pervy…and well…girls are pervy too.

Quote Quote:
    Innocence and perviness can coexist, I guess, but perviness needs to be low?
    I guess…but it can of depends on your definition of innocence.

Quote Quote:
    That's not what I meant. It's despite the trials, challenges, and tribulations, the couple stays together and their bonds are stronger. Even when the guy and Seri broke up, it wasn't a real break up because the guy needed to get the other douche off Seri's... nono area, which worked.
    Ahhh…I get what you meant now. Thanks for clarifying that for me!

Quote Quote:
    Can I read it instead?
    You can watch it, you can play it, and yes, you can read it but the manga is not as good as the anime or the VN.

Quote Quote:
    Not sure about this female lead, but Utsumi from GE actually improves and becomes a better person because of the female lead. Rather than be constantly shy, he's a bit aggressive too (although still ultimately nice), but his perviness hasn't changed a bit. xD
    They both change for the better in Clannad, Nagisa and Tomoya become better versions of themselves because of each other.

Quote Quote:
    romance can happen because he saw her in a way that she actually is rather than what others say about her.
    QFT! I like that.

Quote Quote:
    Problem is, the second part doesn't always happen,
    True…might because people are quick to judge and have a hard time changing their minds once they have formed a perception of how a person is.

Quote Quote:
    Sorry for tl;dr paragraph.
    No need to apologize. NP.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

So…Charlie is pervy too? Well…most, if not all, of the boys are pervy…and well…girls are pervy too.
    He's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery pervy. Pervy girls are fun though. Sometimes it makes me wonder how Shota and Sawako's romance would be like if Sawako was pervier.

Quote Quote:
    You can watch it, you can play it, and yes, you can read it but the manga is not as good as the anime or the VN.

They both change for the better in Clannad, Nagisa and Tomoya become better versions of themselves because of each other.
    Play it? Hmm, what makes the anime or whatever VN is better than the manga?

How were they like before?

Quote Quote:
    True…might because people are quick to judge and have a hard time changing their minds once they have formed a perception of how a person is.

No need to apologize. NP.
    Which kinda sucks, but it's understandable as people tend to be selfish and want to avoid problems or complications. You may avoid me because you don't want to go out with me due to fear of being treated badly due to first impression, but you also realize that impressions can be faked, hence why it can be hard to convince people, especially when they already see this person as something.

Good. :3

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the conversation is going really fast!

After reading that comment I’m a bit curious…have you read/watched Bleach, Asarii?
    I haven't, which is probably why I assumed a lot of shonen romances are light-hearted.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery pervy.
    Ah…I didn’t know that.

Quote Quote:
    Pervy girls are fun though. Sometimes it makes me wonder how Shota and Sawako's romance would be like if Sawako was pervier.
    If Sawako was pervy she would have innocent perviness though, like a combination of innocence with low perviness. Like Subaru from Mayo Chiki, she has that kind of perviness.

Quote Quote:
    Play it? Hmm, what makes the anime or whatever VN is better than the manga?
    You can play the visual novel since it is kind of like a game. The manga isn’t very faithful to the canon material (the VN).

Quote Quote:
    How were they like before?
    It is hard to explain w/o spoiling the story, but let’s just say they both overcome difficult things about their lives and personalities.

Quote Quote:
    Which kinda sucks, but it's understandable as people tend to be selfish and want to avoid problems or complications. You may avoid me because you don't want to go out with me due to fear of being treated badly due to first impression, but you also realize that impressions can be faked, hence why it can be hard to convince people, especially when they already see this person as something.
    True. Although, sometimes first impressions do reveal the true character of a person, sometimes they show how a person really is.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I haven't, which is probably why I assumed a lot of shonen romances are light-hearted.
    Well…there is a light-hearted romance in Bleach; however, I think the relationship of my OTP in Bleach is based on trust, understanding, on being there for each other, and many other things that make that pairing way more than a light-hearted romance, IMHO of course. ^_^

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be weird to see either Kimi ni Todoke main characters be perverted. Their romance is awesome in my opinion because it's so cute and so innocent.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well…there is a light-hearted romance in Bleach; however, I think the relationship of my OTP in Bleach is based on trust, understanding, on being there for each other, and many other things that make that pairing way more than a light-hearted romance, IMHO of course. ^_^
    One shonen pairing I have that fits the description you gave is Allen & Lenalee in D. Gray-man. They're not official, but they have a deep emotional and spiritual connection with each other. Oftentimes I find that romance is thrown in as an afterthought in action heavy shonen.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviving this thread with a question:

In manga or anime, do you like one-sided loves? Are you in favor or against these kinds of loves?

As for me…it depends on the way the one-sided love is portrayed; for instance,
    Spoiler: for Bleach and Honey and Clover show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 04, 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends. One-sided love liek with Oonuma pissed me off cuz she was clingy and annoying. She was all "Seiji seiji seiji!" However, Seiji's one-sided love for Shou was good because he was actually trying to improve himself for her, although the love changed.

Naruto's love for Sakura was kind of funny and yet annoying, but Sakura's love for Sasuke was annoying.

If it's stalkerish or obsessive like Oonuma's love or Sakura's love, then no gusta. If it's good and helps the characters improve, like Naruto (when he fougth Gaara) and Seiji, then I'm all for it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends. One-sided love liek with Oonuma pissed me off cuz she was clingy and annoying. She was all "Seiji seiji seiji!" However, Seiji's one-sided love for Shou was good because he was actually trying to improve himself for her, although the love changed.
    What series are these characters from?

Quote Quote:
    Naruto's love for Sakura was kind of funny and yet annoying, but Sakura's love for Sasuke was annoying.
    Why was Naruto’s love for Sakura funny? And…isn’t Hinata in love with Naruto? Is Hinata one-sided love annoying as well?

Quote Quote:
    If it's stalkerish or obsessive like Oonuma's love or Sakura's love, then no gusta. If it's good and helps the characters improve, like Naruto (when he fougth Gaara) and Seiji, then I'm all for it.
    So you do like Naruto’s love for Sakura…because it helped him become stronger...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Ending, silly.

Because of the way he acted, like how he tied up Sasuke and pretended to be Sasuke, but had to go to the bathroom becuase he drank spoiled milk. All just to find out Sakura's true feelings. The way he keeps hitting on Sakura is kinda funny too, but sad when she's still after Sasuke. Hinata's one-sided love isnt' as annoying as she's not trying to get in anyone's way. Hell, she even became a better person by following Naruto's example: more self confidence and hard work...

I don't because he deserves someone better than Sakura. Sakura never saw his true worth until way later as opposed to Hinata, although she was too meek and quiet.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Ending, silly.
    Ahhh…so that was why those names rang a bell when I read them.

Quote Quote:
    Because of the way he acted, like how he tied up Sasuke and pretended to be Sasuke, but had to go to the bathroom becuase he drank spoiled milk. All just to find out Sakura's true feelings.
    Aww…that is funny and sad.

Quote Quote:
    The way he keeps hitting on Sakura is kinda funny too, but sad when she's still after Sasuke. Hinata's one-sided love isnt' as annoying as she's not trying to get in anyone's way. Hell, she even became a better person by following Naruto's example: more self confidence and hard work...
    So…in Naruto…there is a love square…Hinata is in love with Naruto, Naruto is in love with Sakura, and Sakura is in love with Sasuke and Sasuke…is in love with?

Quote Quote:
    I don't because he deserves someone better than Sakura. Sakura never saw his true worth until way later as opposed to Hinata, although she was too meek and quiet.
    But…I guess Naruto still likes Sakura even though she doesn’t deserve him, right?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

No one knows. There are currently assumptions he could be gay as he's spurned every women's love, which include Sakura, Ino, Karin, and more. <_<

He does, but still, it took Sakura too long to recognize Naruto for what he really is, whereas Hinata recognized Naruto. Hinata saw Naruto wasn't just a screwup like people thought, and that he had confidence and ability to change himself. It wasn't until Naruto proved to himself that Sakura began to respect him, until then it was Sasuke on her mind.

New Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast