Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No one knows. There are currently assumptions he could be gay as he's spurned every women's love, which include Sakura, Ino, Karin, and more. <_<
    So there is a real possibility of Naruto x Sasuke?
    Quote Quote:
    He does, but still, it took Sakura too long to recognize Naruto for what he really is, whereas Hinata recognized Naruto. Hinata saw Naruto wasn't just a screwup like people thought, and that he had confidence and ability to change himself. It wasn't until Naruto proved to himself that Sakura began to respect him, until then it was Sasuke on her mind.
    Too bad Naruto can’t appreciate Hinata for the great girl she is and only has Sakura on her mind. Unrequited love is complicated…isn’t it?
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really as Naruto's been crushing on Sakura and views Sasuke as a brother. Sasuke... who knows? He currently wants to kill Naruto badly. If they do end up together, that'll be a major wtf. <_<

No, I think he does appreciate who Hinata is but isn't interested in her like that. Probably has to do with how introverted Hinata was compared to Sakura, but yeah, unrequited love is complicated. And although few chapters ago said otherwise, I think Sakura does have feelings for Naruto.

I prefer him with Hinata though. :P You started reading Naruto?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really as Naruto's been crushing on Sakura and views Sasuke as a brother. Sasuke... who knows? He currently wants to kill Naruto badly. If they do end up together, that'll be a major wtf. <_<
    It seems Naruto is all about unrequited love…Hinata ->Naruto, Naruto -> Sakura, Sakura -> Sasuke and a possible Sasuke -> Naruto…

Quote Quote:
    No, I think he does appreciate who Hinata is but isn't interested in her like that. Probably has to do with how introverted Hinata was compared to Sakura, but yeah, unrequited love is complicated. And although few chapters ago said otherwise, I think Sakura does have feelings for Naruto.
    So…there is the possibility of a love triangle? Naruto x Sakura x Sasuke?

Quote Quote:
    I prefer him with Hinata though. :P You started reading Naruto?
    No, I haven’t, but I do know a little bit about the ships from Naruto, at least the major ships.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite all that, the romance in Naruto is a minor thing. Many Naruto fans have complained about it, actually. xD Shika x Temari is a cute pairing though.

COULD be, but I highly doubt it.

Oh, I see. Read Naruto! Romance may not be much, but there's hint here and there.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite all that, the romance in Naruto is a minor thing. Many Naruto fans have complained about it, actually. xD Shika x Temari is a cute pairing though.
    I have no idea who Shika and Temari are, but if you say they are a cute pairing then they must be.

Quote Quote:
    Oh, I see. Read Naruto! Romance may not be much, but there's hint here and there.
    The only manga I’m still reading is Bleach; actually Bleach is the only manga I read nowadays. And…iirc correctly, you haven’t read Bleach either, right?

Naruto is too long for me to catch up right now; it is like more than 500 chapters, isn’t it?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikamaru is Naruto's friend. Like Hinata, he too was changed, becoming a hard worker from a lazy-ass dude. He's reportedly one of the smartest, with an IQ of over 200. Temari is a headstrong woman, like Shikamaru's mom is, the type Shikamaru complains about. She and Shikamaru have good banters, and Temari tends to make fun of Shika a lot, I think. It's cute.

I don't. And it is, but you can read slowly. It's definitely worth it.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The only pairing that i'm interested in is Naruto x Sakura.
    I know what love is and that Sakura really loves Sasuke. But I still think its a little sad that her heart is unwavering
    after everything naruto has done. I'm still rooting deep inside for naruto to one day end up with Sakura.
    But I guess naruto is a kind of unrequited love.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another unrequited love that I liked was Hikaru and Kaoru’s unrequited love for Haruhi in Ouran High School Host Club. They both matured as a result of their unrequited love for her and Hikaru’s love helped her realize her real feeling for Tamaki, so in a way Hikaru's love helped her mature as well.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 18, 2011 at 05:38 PM.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

TamaHaru

I really don't like pairings in Naruto. I especially don't want to see Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura end up with anyone. Be it NaruHina, NaruSaku, NaruSasu, SasuSaku, w/e, I just hate the pairings now
    But I used to root for Naruto x Sakura, since I don't like Hinata very much. And never found Sakura annoying or weak, until some chapters ago.

But ShikaTema indeed is cute and I want it to happen.

If we can talk about canon couples as well, then, Minato x Kushina
    Those two are ideal characters who are always too good to be alive in manga. I sincerely loved Kushina Gaiden. We weren't shown much from their life, but reading one fan-fic (which is sooo good it's like Kishi wrote it, seriously... I mean, Kishi's wife) following their life around the facts we know from the beginning, it really made me love the couple.

ex oriente lux

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviving this thread with the following questions:

What do you think about obliviousness in love relationships? Do you think it is only an anime thing? Do you think it can actually happen in RL? Do you find it cute or frustrating?

For instance in one of the series I’m watching, to be specific I’m talking about Brave 10, there is a guy who has a huge crush on a girl but she is totally oblivious to it. And there is a guy who has an enormous crush on a guy, but the latter is totally unaware of the situation.

Let’s talk about this topic and let’s revive this thread!

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It's unrealistic.
    I think in real life, people actually do know it and ignore it, they think that if they step on it they can no longer be friends..
    or in much worse cases, the guy/girl is just toying and dragging the other's feelings.
    I mean no matter how dense a person is irl, when a girl shows how much she enjoys being with you and is always there for you, you should know that
    she really likes you.
    Not answering her feelings and continuing being close to that said guy/girl is just going to make it way harder when it breakup comes, despite
    not being in a relationship.

I felt like I went off topic.
    Quote Quote:
    Do you find it cute or frustrating?
    Cute when done well, frustrating when overdone. Cute and frustrating when overdone well

In anime, it kindda make sense as in anime the characters are more ambitious and are in love with their dream so them not noticing the little signs doesn't really matter and it doesn't feel fake.
    But when it is sometime obvious and the guy/girl just ignore it...

eh....:/

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said in the confessional thread:

Quote Quote:
    My next confession has to do with a K-drama I’m currently watching….I confess that I feel a bit frustrated over the fact that in drama series…the girl always picks the bad boy over the good boy. I do admit that I love bad boys with heart of gold, and I the “bad boy” in the K-drama I’m referring to but…why? Why? Why can’t the girl show at least a bit love towards the good guy? He is so awesome!!!!
    Why in drama series the girl always pick the bad boys? I have never had a problem with that but in the drama I’m currently watching it makes me a bit sad and a bit frustrated that the girl doesn’t show some love the good guy, he is so amazing!!

Which makes me wonder…if there is some series, be it manga, anime or a drama series, in which the female lead chooses the good boy instead of the bad boy? Is there a series in which the girl chooses the guy who has always been kind and nice to her over the guy who loves her but makes her suffer? Because…I can’t recall a series like that atm…

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

So far, Good Ending has a girl (or three) that fall in love with a guy who's been good to them. In fact, it's because he's such a nice guy that they like him.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Why in drama series the girl always pick the bad boys? I have never had a problem with that but in the drama I’m currently watching it makes me a bit sad and a bit frustrated that the girl doesn’t show some love the good guy, he is so amazing!!
    I can understand your frustration, haha~ That reminds me of a K-drama too, titled Bad Guy if you've seen it before, des-chan. In the series also there is this bad guy as the main protagonist and a less bad guy as the other. The girl at first chose the 'good' boy, but eventually she returned to the bad boy. That is sweet although sad as well... XDD That makes things more complicated for us viewers, and tells us that actually the bad boy isn't completely bad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Which makes me wonder…if there is some series, be it manga, anime or a drama series, in which the female lead chooses the good boy instead of the bad boy? Is there a series in which the girl chooses the guy who has always been kind and nice to her over the guy who loves her but makes her suffer? Because…I can’t recall a series like that atm…
    I don't think there is one really like that as that will make the story plot way too happy... XDD Skip Beat! offers this kind of plot, with clear difference of the bad and good boy, though it is still on-going so who knows who the girl will choose. The fans are rooting for the good boy, though, and we'll see. :P

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can't really remember any drama where the girl chooses 'the boy next door'... but since I've always rooted for the bad/distant/mysterious boy, I've never been disappointed.

Which drama made you root for the good boy that much, des-chan?

ex oriente lux

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast