Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    So far, Good Ending has a girl (or three) that fall in love with a guy who's been good to them. In fact, it's because he's such a nice guy that they like him.
    But is there another guy or other guys the girls can choose? Or is that boy you’re referring to the only one? Like a in harem series?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I can understand your frustration, haha~ That reminds me of a K-drama too, titled Bad Guy if you've seen it before, des-chan.
    No, I haven’t watched it. Is it a good K-drama?

Quote Quote:
    In the series also there is this bad guy as the main protagonist and a less bad guy as the other. The girl at first chose the 'good' boy, but eventually she returned to the bad boy. That is sweet although sad as well... XDD That makes things more complicated for us viewers, and tells us that actually the bad boy isn't completely bad as well.
    True, true. I guess a way to show us the softer side of a bad boy and to show us that he is a good guy deep inside is through love.

Quote Quote:
    I don't think there is one really like that as that will make the story plot way too happy...
    Not necessarily, I guess it depends on the writer. I know of one story (it is not manga/anime or Asian drama) in which the girl chose the good boy over the bad boy and the plot was complicated and not all that happy. Mmmm...now that I think about it…I guess Personal Taste (K-drama) was a story in which the girl chose the good boy over the bad boy…

Quote Quote:
    XDD Skip Beat! offers this kind of plot, with clear difference of the bad and good boy, though it is still on-going so who knows who the girl will choose. The fans are rooting for the good boy, though, and we'll see. :P
    I’m rooting for the “good boy” as well.
    Spoiler show
    But…
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Which drama made you root for the good boy that much, des-chan?
    Well…I was rooting for the bad boy as well…so I was torn, it was just the good guy was so, so great! The drama is called
    Spoiler show
    A very good K-drama btw.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 21, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

There are probably more, but he's popular with women he meets solely because he's a nice guy. And his friend also probably gets the girl he wanted because I guess he's nice. Their other friend is a womanizer, though. Pretty wise, though.

Though, I suppose you MIGHT consider him the center of harem, but only two or three women are really that interested in him. The rest are just his friends.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are probably more, but he's popular with women he meets solely because he's a nice guy.
    Like Kazehaya in Kimi ni Todoke? But then it is a story of a girl falling in love with a nice boy…the girls don’t have to choose between a bad boy and a good boy, they don’t have to make that decision.

Quote Quote:
    Their other friend is a womanizer, though. Pretty wise, though.
    I guess he has dated a lot so he has a lot of experience?

Quote Quote:
    Though, I suppose you MIGHT consider him the center of harem, but only two or three women are really that interested in him. The rest are just his friends.
    Although small, 3 girls could be considered a harem. A maybe one of those friends could have a secret crush on him?

And now I wonder…choosing the one that makes you suffer, is it only a girl thing or a boy thing as well?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh. ;x

He does, but he's not an asshole, per se. He does tend to help out women and even saved someone who loved the main male character from being violated.

All three have a crush or like him or love him because he's a nice guy. Different from what they expected from men.

Dunno, probably boy thing too?

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    No, I haven’t watched it. Is it a good K-drama?
    Quite. Romance is not the main plot, it is one small addition yet it twists the series in a good way. The main theme of the drama is rather dark, so to say.

Not necessarily, I guess it depends on the writer. I know of one story (it is not manga/anime or Asian drama) in which the girl chose the good boy over the bad boy and the plot was complicated and not all that happy. Mmmm...now that I think about it…I guess Personal Taste (K-drama) was a story in which the girl chose the good boy over the bad boy…
    Is that so? I'd love to try that series one day, hehe~ I haven't seen Personal Taste so I can't answer this, unfortunately.

I’m rooting for the “good boy” as well.
    Spoiler show
    But…
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh. ;x

He does, but he's not an asshole, per se. He does tend to help out women and even saved someone who loved the main male character from being violated.
    Ah…he sounds kind of cool. And maybe that girl that he protected will have to make the decision between the male lead and him, between the good boy and the “bad boy”.

Quote Quote:
    All three have a crush or like him or love him because he's a nice guy. Different from what they expected from men.
    It seems the male lead is a very, very nice guy.

Quote Quote:
    Dunno, probably boy thing too?
    I haven’t read/watched Naruto, I’m just a little familiar with the series and the fandom…but isn’t it Naruto like that? Hinata likes Naruto but he likes Sakura…

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Quite. Romance is not the main plot, it is one small addition yet it twists the series in a good way. The main theme of the drama is rather dark, so to say.
    Thanks for the info! I’m adding it to my must-watch list.

Quote Quote:
    Is that so? I'd love to try that series one day, hehe~
    Well...it is not a series, it is a novel in fact (there is also a movie based on it). The name of the novel is
    Spoiler show
    It is a very good story.

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the playboy's pretty cool. Wise too, as he sometimes helps out the main character with his lady problems. The girl that he protected might choose him, but I dunno. There's a story behind the playboy and his action that I don't wanna spoil.

He is. He's a perv, but he's a good guy. It's why he's popular with some women he talks to, he's not after their lady humps, but he cares about them.

Sadly, yes. I think Naruto deserves Hinata because Hinata liked him for who he was before anyone even knew Naruto. She recognized his worth and the power he held and even worked hard like he did so she could walk with him and be with him. Sakura cared too much about Sasuke and didn't care much about Naruto until he proved he was a good ninja. Although she does care about him now, I dont' think she can beat Hinata.

It's like, Hinata likes Naruto, but Naruto likes Sakura, who in turn likes Sasuke, who likes... who knows?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a story behind the playboy and his action that I don't wanna spoil.
    Because I’m curious
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    he's not after their lady humps, but he cares about them.
    But if he is a perv then he must be after their lady humps as well...

Quote Quote:
    Sadly, yes. I think Naruto deserves Hinata because Hinata liked him for who he was before anyone even knew Naruto. She recognized his worth and the power he held and even worked hard like he did so she could walk with him and be with him. Sakura cared too much about Sasuke and didn't care much about Naruto until he proved he was a good ninja. Although she does care about him now, I dont' think she can beat Hinata.
    But then Naruto is choosing the girl who didn’t appreciate him from the beginning and made him suffer instead of the girl who has always there for him?

Quote Quote:
    It's like, Hinata likes Naruto, but Naruto likes Sakura, who in turn likes Sasuke, who likes... who knows?
    Is there anything possibility that Sasuke likes Sakura?
    If not then the romance in Naruto… is a square of unrequited love?

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well who knows how he feels now but I agree, Hinata deserves to be loved by Naruto - love isn't such a simple thing though and it's in no way unusual that you start loving someone who has/had no interest in you. From a neutral point of view you would think he is stupid for not loving Hinata but I think we all know that love isn't something objective.

Personally I supported Sakura x Naruto for a really long time but now I slightly favor Hinata.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always supported Naruto x Sakura but I really doubt it will happen. Sakura really loves Sasuke, I think. And I don't think that can be changed here. I could see Naruto just really caring for Sakura, not really loving her. Hinata loves Naruto, and although he hasn't shown really that he returns it, that is most likely to change IMO. But since I don't like Hinata, I don't care about the pairing (sorry)

In Naruto, I'd be the happiest if everyone in the center square finds someone entirely different or no one, lol

ex oriente lux

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wish Bleach would focus a bit more around romance. Two of my favourite scenes in the series were Orihime's almost-kiss with Ichigo, and the latter's and Rukia's goodbye. Bleach is one of those shonen series that really could use a little more romance. I can't see romance being a negative aspect, especially considering how Romance is a pretty popular shonen genre.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, I sometimes wish Bleach was a shoujo. Kubo is brilliant at it. BRILLIANT.

In some interviews some long time ago, he said that Bleach's not a romance but it will be included here and there, but last year (or was that 2 years ago...) he also said that he wants the readers to focus on how the feelings between Ichigo and Rukia are changing, so I'm really, really, really hoping he'll explore that a bit more.

ex oriente lux

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    but last year (or was that 2 years ago...) he also said that he wants the readers to focus on how the feelings between Ichigo and Rukia are changing, so I'm really, really, really hoping he'll explore that a bit more.
    Did he really say that?!! As a huge IchiRuki those news are music to my ears. And I do agree with you guys, I would love for romance to be explored a bit more in Bleach; and I’m not just referring to IchiRuki, there are other cool pairings in Bleach that haven’t received the attention they deserve/deserved.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviving this thread with a new topic :

In one of the anime series I’m currently watching there is a girl who for some time has liked one of her classmates. She has liked him for quite some time. However, because of her shyness and maybe herfear of rejection and getting her heart broken she has never told the boy about her feelings for him. She has been waiting for him to take the initiative…but it seems she has waited a bit too long…a new girl has appeared in the boy’s life and she has had a great impact on this boy’s life, moreover, this boy is developing some feelings for this new girl. Therefore, the first girl that I talked about has lost her chance with the boy she likes.

I have seen this scenario in various anime series (and even in RL) and in the end the boy or the girl end up losing the chance with the person they like/love and all that is left is that question: “What would have happened if I had confessed to him/her”?

So I was wondering…in love relationships…is it wise to wait for the other person to take the initiative? Should a person overcome her/his shyness or fear of rejection? Or should a person leave things to fate (it is meant to be it will happen, if it isn’t meant to be it won’t)?
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 24, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviving this thread with a new topic :

In one of the anime series I’m currently watching there is a girl who for some time has liked one of her classmates. She has liked him for quite some time. However, because of her shyness and maybe herfear of rejection and getting her heart broken she has never told the boy about her feelings for him. She has been waiting for him to take the initiative…but it seems she has waited a bit too long…a new girl has appeared in the boy’s life and she has had a great impact on this boy’s life, moreover, this boy is developing some feelings for this new girl. Therefore, the first girl that I talked about has lost her chance with the boy she likes.

I have seen this scenario in various anime series (and even in RL) and in the end the boy or the girl end up losing the chance with the person they like/love and all that is left is that question: “What would have happened if I had confessed to him/her”?

So I was wondering…in love relationships…is it wise to wait for the other person to take the initiative? Should a person overcome her/his shyness or fear of rejection? Or should a person leave things to fate (it is meant to be it will happen, if it isn’t meant to be it won’t)?
    I believe sometime it depends on your gender. If you're a male, I think it's very rare (at least according to my experience) that a girl YOU LIKE would confess to you. More often the male should take the initiative to take a further step in romantic relationship. Rejection or shyness is less painful rather than not being able to confess your feelings to the person you like, IMHO. For a girl, I cannot speak much because honestly I rarely see a girl confess to the man she likes (it's also depends on the culture). So.. my stance on this matter is that a guy or even a girl should overcome his/her shyness and take bold action if possible rather than leaving your problems to "fate".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, it's a bit old, but I also really want IchiRuki become canon. That goodbye scene was really powerful, I think I was a little bit teared up during that part. A good romance in a serious battle manga is still possible, IMHO. Also, call me lame, but I really wanted Chihayafuru is focusing more on the romantic relationship too, even though I don't mind Karuta games here and there.
    Last edited by Doraku; October 25, 2012 at 06:48 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast