Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    On your recommendation, I started reading Hana Yori Dango, Destiny!
    Yay! I’m very glad to hear that.

Quote Quote:
    I haven't got very far and the actual romance has yet to really begin, but I'm already loving it almost as much as I did the drama (and I think you already know that's quite a lot ) If the romance is anywhere as good as in the drama, then this is going way up on my list of best romance manga for sure :3
    The romance is actually better because there are some things (very romantic btw) that sadly didn’t make it into the live-actions. Mmm...just out of curiosity, what chapter are you on atm?

P.S. Out of the three versions, Meteor Garden (first season) is the one that is the most canon, so if you enjoyed watching that drama you’ll definitely love the manga.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@ M3J

Wow! Amazing read! Thanks you explained it better then I would have imagined, and perhaps even better then I would have read myself.

I agree, the thing is both Utsumi and Shou and Utsumi and Kurokawa make a nice couple for various reasons, like I said it all comes down to the story of course, which couple would be better considering everything that has happened in the story. For example the main thing we thought in the story at first was that Kurokawa would just help Utsumi but later well it turned out the mangaka would focus more on Kurokawas relationship with him.

Haha, yeah well like I sad in this rant before it will be good either way as long as it is not Oonuma, it will be hard if the author trolls us with Oonuma and Utsumi being together. >.<"

Well everyone is friends now with Utsumi, sort of, that was the goal of the mangaka, even though the way he makes friends with everybody is in a nice and honest way. The misunderstandings sometimes are just hilarious.

Shopkeeper? I was talking about Utsumis friend, not baldy the other one. XD

Yeah I read somewhere she interfered, once again thanks for that read it was really good.

@ Destiny

That would murder my Internet connection. >_>

Glad to hear there are more good guys then I thought there were.

Well if some horrible or tragic past is involved then it is understandable.

As much as i am a fan of good villains, I may not like him because this anime is not some action anime and being a villain here means he is a bad person.

Good.

Um, Goo(Renji) x Good(Chihiro)

It was a joke thing a good person gets together with a good person^^.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Yay! I’m very glad to hear that.

The romance is actually better because there are some things (very romantic btw) that sadly didn’t make it into the live-actions. Mmm...just out of curiosity, what chapter are you on atm?

P.S. Out of the three versions, Meteor Garden (first season) is the one that is the most canon, so if you enjoyed watching that drama you’ll definitely love the manga.
    Ooh. I'm not too sure what chapter I'm on since the scans don't seem to show it, but I've just finished volume 7 It's the part where everyone's on Doumyouji's island. The romance has certainly kicked in but at this point I'm not sure if I can say it's better than any of that in the live-action versions I've watched...

I did watch Meteor Garden (though memory fails me as to whether I watched all of it or not) and liked it a lot! I personally preferred the Japanese version though~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Kimi no Iru Machi?? I really like how down-to-earth the characters are. In fact, I would even say it's close to being one of the most realistic romance mangas out there.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Well if some horrible or tragic past is involved then it is understandable.
    And it is more horrible and tragic than you think…especially of…one of the main girls in ef-melodies.

Quote Quote:
    As much as i am a fan of good villains, I may not like him because this anime is not some action anime and being a villain here means he is a bad person.
    Horrible, despicable, evil, loathsome and many other not very nice adjective is the way in which I would describe the villain of ef-melodies.

Quote Quote:
    Um, Goo(Renji) x Good(Chihiro)
    Ahhh, I get it now. And yes, good x good ftw!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    It's the part where everyone's on Doumyouji's island.
    This is before Makino x Tsukasa or after Makino x Tsukasa? I mean before
    Spoiler show
    or is it after that?

Quote Quote:
    The romance has certainly kicked in but at this point I'm not sure if I can say it's better than any of that in the live-action versions I've watched...
    Since I’m not sure what part you mean, I can’t compare it with the live-action versions…if it is after the incident between Makino and Rui then it is better than Meteor Garden and the others because it was a few moments that didn’t make it into the dramas.

Quote Quote:
    I did watch Meteor Garden (though memory fails me as to whether I watched all of it or not) and liked it a lot! I personally preferred the Japanese version though~
    It terms of being the most faithful to the manga, I liked MG better. However, in terms of acting, music, and everything else, HYD was my fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    What about Kimi no Iru Machi?? I really like how down-to-earth the characters are. In fact, I would even say it's close to being one of the most realistic romance mangas out there.
    I haven’t read that one, what is it about?
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 24, 2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    @ M3J

Wow! Amazing read! Thanks you explained it better then I would have imagined, and perhaps even better then I would have read myself.

I agree, the thing is both Utsumi and Shou and Utsumi and Kurokawa make a nice couple for various reasons, like I said it all comes down to the story of course, which couple would be better considering everything that has happened in the story. For example the main thing we thought in the story at first was that Kurokawa would just help Utsumi but later well it turned out the mangaka would focus more on Kurokawas relationship with him.
    Thanks. Thought it'd be too long; certainly was for me. O_o

I think the mangaka was using Utsumi's like for Shou as a way to get him closer to Kurokawa, and then use Shou liking her senpai as a way to really get Utsumi to be with Kurokawa. Either way, it's a good pairing for Utsumi. :P Kurokawa doesn't seem as clingy as Shou does, though.

Quote Quote:
    Haha, yeah well like I sad in this rant before it will be good either way as long as it is not Oonuma, it will be hard if the author trolls us with Oonuma and Utsumi being together. >.<"

Well everyone is friends now with Utsumi, sort of, that was the goal of the mangaka, even though the way he makes friends with everybody is in a nice and honest way. The misunderstandings sometimes are just hilarious.

Shopkeeper? I was talking about Utsumis friend, not baldy the other one. XD
    And I'll drop this manga. -.- She's seriously soooo annoying, I can't stand her. :\

It is, and even awkward most of the time, like when Shou caught him and Eri in a closet. xD Sometimes it's sad as well like when Kurokawa caught him hugging Shou.

The guy that has perverted thoughts and is Utsumi's friend is pretty epic. He also comes out with great advices and good observations!

Quote Quote:
    Yeah I read somewhere she interfered, once again thanks for that read it was really good.
    No problem.

And let's hope she doesn't interfere again, or I'll be setting something on fire. <_< Probably a book I don't care about, but something will be ablazed with rage!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t read that one, what is it about?
    The story is pretty ordinary, but the character development in the manga is great. I would say the author is a master at developing romantic relationships between characters. Go read it at MangaFox.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    The story is pretty ordinary, but the character development in the manga is great. I would say the author is a master at developing romantic relationships between characters. Go read it at MangaFox.
    Thank you for the info, Newkerzy! I’ll add it to my must-read manga list.

Another great manga/anime romance is Honey and Clover. When we hear the word “romance”, the first thing it comes to our minds is “requited love”. But one of the things that make Honey and Clover a great romance series is that it focuses on unrequited love, showing us the good things and the hard/painful things about unrequited love. Throughout the series we accompany various characters while they live and go thru their unrequited loves, but in the end, and this is the part I really like, Honey and Clover showes us that there is a point/purpose in loving someone even if you’re not loved back,
    Spoiler: Honey and Clover show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 04, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

- Boys Over Flowers
    - Absolute Boyfriend

I've watched more anime than have read manga but those two come in mind for Romance.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because shojo series aren’t the only ones with good romance stories and romantic bits, there are some shounen series that are pretty good in the romance department. Like Bleach. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    I'm sorry! I typed the wrong thing. I was listening to the ending not opening
    It's mirrored due to copyright but here it is here and here(full ver). The ending totally gives me the Ichiruki vibes~
    Thank you so very much for the links!! That song is now my favorite anime song!!
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    It took me sometime but here is it, ichigo stepping before rukia, it was short and doesn't really give off any romantic vibes, but it's cool to see him saving rukia again.
    Thank you so much for the link!! As long as Ichigo and Rukia are interacting, I’m more than satisfied. ^_^ And maybe it’s not a very romantic moment, but it does show, in some way, how deep the bond between Ichigo and Rukia is.

Quote Quote:
    It's episode 286 and for that speech part it's episode 296, and it's this page.
    I'm sorry destiny, I can't find the first time rukia said it to ichigo
    my connection is kindda crappy now but I remember it was during the fight with the grand fisher/when ichigo visits his mother !

it goes like this
    Spoiler show

Edit: I found it, here!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for all those links!! They helped me a lot with the symptoms of the IchiRuki withdrawal I have been suffering for the past few weeks.

And…may I ask why you do like Ichiruki? What are the thing you look for in a manga/anime pairing? And what are your favorite romance manga/anime series?
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 09, 2011 at 08:58 PM.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=destiny4ever;2338051]

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    That song is now my favorite anime song!!
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Thank you so much for the link!! As long as Ichigo and Rukia are interacting, I’m more than satisfied. ^_^ And maybe it’s not a very romantic moment, but it does show, in some way, how deep the bond between Ichigo and Rukia is.
    Ichigo and Rukia have a deep bond despite only spending such a short time together when they first met. Even though it is not canon, I think that it is a kind of love. It just feels natural to watch them interact and yes, Rukia can read ichigo's mind .

Quote Quote:
    And…may I ask why you do like Ichiruki? What are the thing you look for in a manga/anime pairing? And what are your favorite romance manga/anime series?
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Zeltrax; March 10, 2011 at 02:31 AM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Are you referring to the beginning of the series, to the SS arc? Or are you referring to the current arc?

Spoiler: Zeltrax show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

It is very sad.
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Ichigo and Rukia have a deep bond despite only spending such a short time together when they first met. Even though it is not canon, I think that it is a kind of love. It just feels natural to watch them interact and yes, Rukia can read ichigo's mind .
    IchiRuki is not canon, but there is no way someone can deny the great chemistry Ichigo and Rukia have.

Interactions are a very important thing for me as well.

QFT! I couldn’t agree more with you.

The more I read your post, the more I agree with you.

Spoiler:  Zeltrax show

Spoiler show

So we basically look for the same things.

It seems we have a lot in common when it comes to anime. ^_^

I utterly agree with you.

Spoiler show

I liked that pairing as well.

I have the feeling I have asked this before…any way…just our of curiosity which one was your favorite pairing in that series?

I just not only see it, but I fully agree with you. ^_^

That is a very nice quote.

Quote Quote:
    My current favorite romance is Shuffle! But that might change when I start to watch ef-a tale of memories tomorrow.
    Because of your post, I have started to watch Shuffle! And so far, I’m truly enjoying this series. And I’m so glad to read you are going to begin watching ef, that series is amazing. Maybe we could talk about both series, since you’ve already watched Shuffle and I’ve already watched ef.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 10, 2011 at 06:58 PM.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you referring to the beginning of the series, to the SS arc? Or are you referring to the current arc?
    This arc, and sorry for replying to this thread late.

Quote Quote:
    I have the feeling I have asked this before…any way…just our of curiosity which one was your favorite pairing in that series?
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Because of your post, I have started to watch Shuffle! And so far, I’m truly enjoying this series. And I’m so glad to read you are going to begin watching ef, that series is amazing. Maybe we could talk about both series, since you’ve already watched Shuffle and I’ve already watched ef.
    I hope you've been enjoying shuffle! so far, for me, I really enjoyed watching ef-a tale of memories and I only wanted to reply here when I finished that.

Since I just finished the last episode a few minutes ago, I need to gather my thoughts because there's really so much that I like about ef.
    If I'm not wrong does ef stands for ever forever ? I'm not really sure but I thought that's a really nice name if it is.
    edit: I was wrong, it stands for euphoric field~

Warning, long review ahead:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Zeltrax; March 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This arc,
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    and sorry for replying to this thread late.
    NP. ^_^ Thank you for replying!

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    I really enjoyed watching ef-a tale of memories and I only wanted to reply here when I finished that.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed watching ef-memories. I hope you enjoy watching ef-melodies as much as you enjoyed watching the first season of ef.

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show
    I totally agree with you. Great review!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

Reviving this thread with a new topic of conversation :

I’m currently watching a new K-drama called “Secret Garden”, and one of the things that the male lead said caught my attention, he said:

"If a man ever tells you he fell for you at first sight , punch him…its just another way of saying he wants to get you to bed and stop wasting time" - Kim Joo-won

That phrase made me think about various things, one of them being love at first sight of course. Which leads me to this question, when regarding romance in manga/anime/Asian drama, do you like for love between two characters to happen as a result of their interactions? or are you a fan of love at first sight between two characters?

As for me, I’m not very fond of two characters falling in love at first sight or because the story says so, I like it better when two characters gradually fall in love with each other as a result of their interactions, as a result of each one of them finding things about the other that they like, I like it better when pairings/couples are formed in that way.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 26, 2011 at 07:07 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast