Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 197

Thread: Romance in the Manga/Anime/Asian Drama World

  1. #31
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But why?
    If I tell you why I would ruin one of the most important points of the series for you, and since I have hope of you watching that series some day I don’t want to ruin it for you.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm not sure if shoujo does have action like that, but I'm an action junkie over romance junkie.
    What about someone going against his mother’s wishes, forsaking everything for the woman he loves, and sometimes even to the point of letting that woman go if that means she will be happy? Sure that is not the type of action you find in Bleach or Naruto, but still it is a very powerful type of action, one that it is not measured by the strengthen of your body but by the strength of your heart.

    Quote Quote:
    Nope. What's it about?
    Quote Quote:
    Synopsis
    Touzuka High School is a public school with a pretty low grade point average. One day, a girl who has been expelled from the state's top class St.Katria Girls School transfers in.... Her name is Kawai Maria. The reason of her expulsion was "violence against the teacher." Because of her non-adorned, straight comments, Maria starts to become isolated from her class....What is hidden in her past and what will happen to her?

    (Source: Serenus Dreamers)
    And I just found out a new chapter is out!! I so need to read that chapter.


    Quote Quote:
    Me too. If they have great chemistry, then they definitely belong together! As long as they interact well (even if not friendly), there's always a good potential. One of the reasons why I enjoyed seeing Roy and Riza together was because they had great chemistry.
    I agree, chemistry is a very important thing for me; and that’s why sometimes it is frustrating when two characters with great chemistry don’t become a pairing.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  2. #32
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    If I tell you why I would ruin one of the most important points of the series for you, and since I have hope of you watching that series some day I don’t want to ruin it for you.


    What about someone going against his mother’s wishes, forsaking everything for the woman he loves, and sometimes even to the point of letting that woman go if that means she will be happy? Sure that is not the type of action you find in Bleach or Naruto, but still it is a very powerful type of action, one that it is not measured by the strengthen of your body but by the strength of your heart.
    I don't mind spoilers though, wanting to know what happens is half the fun. Knowing how it happens is what spurs me to read the manga...

    That is a pretty solid love (though Naruto was willing to sacrifice his love [who was Sakura] so she could be happy and with Sasuke, and he was willing to die to bring Sasuke back). Was his mother the only family he had?



    Quote Quote:
    I agree, chemistry is a very important thing for me; and that’s why sometimes it is frustrating when two characters with great chemistry don’t become a pairing.
    Same here, but you know they'll at least have Paris, right?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  3. #33
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't mind spoilers though, wanting to know what happens is half the fun. Knowing how it happens is what spurs me to read the manga...
    Okay if you say so….I’ll PM you the reason why he is so evil.

    Quote Quote:
    That is a pretty solid love (though Naruto was willing to sacrifice his love [who was Sakura] so she could be happy and with Sasuke, and he was willing to die to bring Sasuke back). Was his mother the only family he had?
    No, he also had a sister, but she was already married so he spent most of his time alone. His mother was pretty busy with running the family company.

    Quote Quote:
    Same here, but you know they'll at least have Paris, right?
    If Paris = fanfiction, then ITA!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  4. #34
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    I think Futari Ecchi is an interesting manga (Seinen) to mention:
    Futari Ecchi @ Baka Updates
    "An excellent and very educational series. About a newlywed couple who are virgins and their comedic ups and downs in learning how to have sex. Not really a hentai, though there are scenes which can be called hentai. Tastfully rendered taboo themes. A funny "how to" guide for sex illiterate and experts."

    It's actually more the "educational" line (also includes a lot of polls and graphs about sex-related topics for example, while tips on technique or biological topics like "At what days can a woman get pregnant at all?" are embedded into the storyline) but shows a lot of romance, too of course. I think it's not excluded from the romance theme only because it's heavy on sex. After all it displays today's reality this way, too.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; February 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

  5. #35
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Okay if you say so….I’ll PM you the reason why he is so evil.


    No, he also had a sister, but she was already married so he spent most of his time alone. His mother was pretty busy with running the family company.


    If Paris = fanfiction, then ITA!
    That bastard is evil.

    Oh, so it didn't really matter AS MUCH that he went against his mother's wishes since they both apparently rarely talked.

    I was quoting Casablanca. :|


    G'MORNING ROFL WOFL, and thanks for the rec!
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  6. #36
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    I think Futari Ecchi is an interesting manga (Seinen) to mention:
    Futari Ecchi @ Baka Updates
    "An excellent and very educational series. About a newlywed couple who are virgins and their comedic ups and downs in learning how to have sex. Not really a hentai, though there are scenes which can be called hentai. Tastfully rendered taboo themes. A funny "how to" guide for sex illiterate and experts."

    It's actually more the "educational" line (also includes a lot of polls and graphs about sex-related topics for example, while tips on technique or biological topics like "At what days can a woman get pregnant at all?" are embedded into the storyline) but shows a lot of romance, too of course. I think it's not excluded from the romance theme only because it's heavy on sex. After all it displays today's reality this way, too.
    While I do admit that I when I read your post, I also admit that it does sound like a very interesting manga. And sex is a part of romance and relationships after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    That bastard is evil.
    See, I told you he is evil!!

    Quote Quote:
    Oh, so it didn't really matter AS MUCH that he went against his mother's wishes since they both apparently rarely talked.
    It did matter and a lot because her mother was horrible and would make him pay dearly for going against her wishes.

    Quote Quote:
    I was quoting Casablanca. :|
    I haven’t watched Casablance so that is why I didn’t recognize that quote.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #37
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    You should watch Casablanca. It's pretty awesome IMO. Old movies ftw!

    Oh, like what? He was afraid of his mom? If so, then that's a strong love. :O
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  9. #38
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You should watch Casablanca. It's pretty awesome IMO. Old movies ftw!
    I will. And I agree old movies ftw!!

    Quote Quote:
    Oh, like what? He was afraid of his mom? If so, then that's a strong love. :O
    It wasn't that he was afraid of his mom, it was more the fact that his mom used underhanded methods to punish him for disobeying her. And that is why…I love Tsukasa from HYD, because his love for Makino was so strong!!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  10. #39
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    So is HYD better than Lovely Complex in romance?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  11. #40
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    @ Destiny

    As I discuss it more, I already feel like I need to watch the whole thing to discuss the first season as well, hm so Yuu is good? I did not imagine him to be evil or sinister, just a bad man for good reasons.

    Yeah I meant that character you hate too much, does the general community hate him as well?

    Is the music similar with the scenes?

    Lol those two should good x good if you ask me, both kind-hearted people getting together, sweet.

    @ M3J

    You know discussing GE here actually makes me giving it another try.

    Can you PM me or put it here in a spoiler to what I have missed? I stopped at around chapter 45 I think?

    Exactly! Indeed both of their personalities fit for some reason, Utsumi is unsure and insecure and Shou is just innocent and forgiving. Well her boyfriend is my most hated character from the series. I just can't stand the panels with him.

    Indeed, at first I though, oh well another easy girl and I did not think much of her, aside form some comedy but then she became different after talking to Utsumi and form there on I liked her character more and more with each chapter. Lol, yeah, I think him and her are made for each other not to mention he is my favorite character. Perfect fit!

    Yeah it's like she wants to do something but fails at it and ruins it for her and others as well, mostly Utsumi. >_>

  12. #41
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    You know discussing GE here actually makes me giving it another try.

    Can you PM me or put it here in a spoiler to what I have missed? I stopped at around chapter 45 I think?

    Exactly! Indeed both of their personalities fit for some reason, Utsumi is unsure and insecure and Shou is just innocent and forgiving. Well her boyfriend is my most hated character from the series. I just can't stand the panels with him.
    Yay!
    And you really sure you want this? I think I may have to reread as well though.

    I hate her ex and Touju for what they did to their respective exes. Bastards. :\ The kind of character Shou is made me hate her ex a lot, and I think you felt the same way. However, Utsumi and Kurokawa work well together as well because Kurokawa is good at making Utsumi grow balls and stuff.

    Quote Quote:
    Indeed, at first I though, oh well another easy girl and I did not think much of her, aside form some comedy but then she became different after talking to Utsumi and form there on I liked her character more and more with each chapter. Lol, yeah, I think him and her are made for each other not to mention he is my favorite character. Perfect fit!

    Yeah it's like she wants to do something but fails at it and ruins it for her and others as well, mostly Utsumi. >_>
    Funny thing is, the only reason why she was considering being easy was because of a guy she liked. <_< She finally became confident after talking with Utsumi, which I'm glad, since she's cool. Utsumi's bisho friend is cool too, pretty smart and helpful. It was funny when Utsumi threw his phone out the window! :xD

    I think she even does it on purpose. <_< Filthy skank.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  13. #42
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Yay!
    And you really sure you want this? I think I may have to reread as well though.

    I hate her ex and Touju for what they did to their respective exes. Bastards. :\ The kind of character Shou is made me hate her ex a lot, and I think you felt the same way. However, Utsumi and Kurokawa work well together as well because Kurokawa is good at making Utsumi grow balls and stuff.



    Funny thing is, the only reason why she was considering being easy was because of a guy she liked. <_< She finally became confident after talking with Utsumi, which I'm glad, since she's cool. Utsumi's bisho friend is cool too, pretty smart and helpful. It was funny when Utsumi threw his phone out the window! :xD

    I think she even does it on purpose. <_< Filthy skank.
    Cool!
    I am sure, I remember things very well to where I was, but I just don't feel like catching up again, because I have to start all over, so a little fill in would be nice.

    That is it, just to add another reason to why I support Shou x Utsumi is because of the boyfriend that Shou had, I read once that out of the characters her boyfriend is the most hated among fans, well Torou as well, but I kind of hated him the most. The sad past of characters is where this mangaka does brilliantly well. I really feel bad for the girls.
    Yeah she helped him. They do fit more I guess from where the current story is. Couldn't Utsumi just have both?

    Well what she did with Utsumi at the beginning was rather bad form her, and I thought she was really easy then, but the story proved me wrong as it progressed.
    Lol, those guys are like the jewel of comedy in this manga, the guy that has perverted thoughts every second, baldy and Eni. Epic!

    Ugh, if it is like that, I would really hate her, acting clumsy and shy and such. i think there were panels where she had bad thoughts and wanted to ruin for someone I think?

  14. #43
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    So is HYD better than Lovely Complex in romance?
    That is a very hard question…since both of them are great romance series and it’s all a very subjective matter.
    Lovely Complex is funny, sweet, and cute and it has a lot to do with the theme of unrequited love and forgetting your complexes when fighting for love. And although it is funny, sweet and cute, it does have its share of drama and touching moments. On the other hand, HYD is funny, romantic, and has a lot of drama. It has to do with the theme of real/strong love and fighting for it no matter what obstacles you will need to face. Both are amazing manga, both are incredible romance series, so I completely recommend both of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    @ Destiny

    As I discuss it more, I already feel like I need to watch the whole thing to discuss the first season as well,
    Then have a ef-memories marathon and then complete it by watching ef-melodies as well.

    Quote Quote:
    hm so Yuu is good?
    He is a good guy.

    Quote Quote:
    I did not imagine him to be evil or sinister, just a bad man for good reasons.
    He is not a bad person; however, as I said his overprotectiveness of Chihiro derives from things that happened in his past; so it is understandable why he acts like that.

    Quote Quote:
    Yeah I meant that character you hate too much, does the general community hate him as well?
    You have to be a very twisted person not to dislike someone like him…or maybe be a fan of very evil characters? But the majority of the fandom despised him.

    Quote Quote:
    Is the music similar with the scenes?
    Yes.

    Quote Quote:
    Lol those two should good x good if you ask me, both kind-hearted people getting together, sweet.
    Who should good x good?
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 18, 2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #44
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Cool!
    I am sure, I remember things very well to where I was, but I just don't feel like catching up again, because I have to start all over, so a little fill in would be nice.
    Spoiler: OKAY, but loooong read show




    Quote Quote:
    That is it, just to add another reason to why I support Shou x Utsumi is because of the boyfriend that Shou had, I read once that out of the characters her boyfriend is the most hated among fans, well Torou as well, but I kind of hated him the most. The sad past of characters is where this mangaka does brilliantly well. I really feel bad for the girls.
    Yeah she helped him. They do fit more I guess from where the current story is. Couldn't Utsumi just have both?
    Utsumi is nice and caring so he'd fit well with Shou? I agree, but it took Kurokawa for him to change and make him more heads-on with Shou, I think Kurokawa is a better choice, even though Shou and Utsumi would be a cute couple. Shou's ex is a bastard though, he trampled on Shou's feelings and stuff. -.- The mangaka is pretty good at giving some characters sad past and sometimes even present. yet it's so gripping.

    That'd be awesome, but not feasible. He's a man, not machine. D:

    Quote Quote:
    Well what she did with Utsumi at the beginning was rather bad form her, and I thought she was really easy then, but the story proved me wrong as it progressed.
    Lol, those guys are like the jewel of comedy in this manga, the guy that has perverted thoughts every second, baldy and Eni. Epic!

    Ugh, if it is like that, I would really hate her, acting clumsy and shy and such. i think there were panels where she had bad thoughts and wanted to ruin for someone I think?
    Me too, and I even thought she was trying to be all anti-UtsumixShou, but she was just using Utsumi as well, until she liked him for his friendliness and stuff and became his ally.
    Who? The shopkeeper? That was so funny when he asked to massage Eri's boobs and got whacked in the process. xD

    There were... it's in teh spoilers, though I"m not sure if there are more than one instance. THat skank. <_<
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #45
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Romance Manga/Anime

    On your recommendation, I started reading Hana Yori Dango, Destiny!

    I haven't got very far and the actual romance has yet to really begin, but I'm already loving it almost as much as I did the drama (and I think you already know that's quite a lot ) If the romance is anywhere as good as in the drama, then this is going way up on my list of best romance manga for sure :3

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts