Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Claymore Island Mapping Project

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore Island Mapping Project

(still under construction, I'll slowly add more of my info/work/research to this)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Official Maps of Claymore Island:

Spoiler: The Island's Official Shape show

My Maps of Claymore Island:

Spoiler: The Island's Organization Recognized Four Lands show

Spoiler: The Island's Human Recognized Five Lands show

Spoiler: Alphonse, the Northern Land, Originally Ruled by Isley, Purple show

Spoiler: Luatrec, the Western Land, Originally Ruled by Riful, Green show

Spoiler: Mucha, the Southern Land, Originally Ruled by Luciela, Yellow show

Spoiler: Sutare, the Eastern Land, ruled by the Organization, Red show

Spoiler: Toulouse, the Central Land, Ruled by the Humans, Orange show

The Lands' geography and towns:

Spoiler: Alphonse, the Northern Land, Originally Ruled by Isley, Purple show

Spoiler: Luatrec, the Western Land, Originally Ruled by Riful, Green show

Spoiler: Mucha, the Southern Land, Originally Ruled by Luciela, Yellow show

Spoiler: Sutare, the Eastern Land, Ruled by the Organization, Red show

Spoiler: Toulouse, the Central Land, Ruled by the Humans, Orange show

Unknown Geography and Town Locations:

Spoiler: Unknown Locations of Geography and Towns show

My (Old) Copious Notes (sorry, as the formating isn't kept, unfortunately)

Spoiler show

Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 10, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HK's Claymore World Mapping Project Revisited

I find it really hard to believe that the other Claymore do not sense AB in the north of Sutare. Even Tabitha can sense the Claymore in Rabona. It just doesn't make sense. But I like your maps though. Keep it up.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HK's Claymore World Mapping Project Revisited

Sorry, I forgot to address/answer this question of yours!

Actually ch 112 explains it:

Tabatha senses the attacking male ABs (their yoki was in full release and easy to sense) along with the Yokis of Anastasia's group, so Deneve's group rushes "up" (north) to help/save them.

and about sensing the "pre-yoki" of these male humans just implanted with Yoma flesh, is extremely faint, it took Tabatha, who is nearly equal to Blind God Eye Galatea, to sense it, only AFTER Deneve told her about it, and was only in possession of this knowledge thanks to Miria.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jamie95403's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Island Mapping Project Revisited

Minor point about Alicia's and Beth's father. Checking the original Japanese raw (Scene 64), "Zemu" (VIZ translation) or "the Zemas" (online scanlation) appears to be the father's first name, not last. This has also been noted on other forums.

What I find interesting is the total lack of last/surnames on the island, much like Europe in the Middle Ages, where family names were restricted to the nobility. In fact, we never see any nobles either. The highest ranking people appearing so far are the various village chiefs and the bishop of Rabona.
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 07, 2011 at 01:15 AM.
    All possibilities are on the table...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"royalty/nobility" in Claymore:

the clergy in the Holy City Rabona = (obviously the island was under religious/theocracy rule, like in Europe's past, before the Org arrived)

Isley the Silver King, he has an "air/arrogance/egoism/snobbyishness" of "high and mighty-ness", I'm better than all of you. He acts regally in public.... his true nature... ain't so... "pretty or rightieus".. hehe

The "Dark Royalty" = Rimuto... and the Org, the "Dark kingdom" Organization, lol

Rigardo doesn't act like a king (as his title is refering to LIONking, not "King-king"), but a loyal (dark) knight
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 07, 2011 at 04:59 AM.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good catch!

I never thought about the island being a theocracy. That could account for the apparent lack of aristos on the island. One hypothetical scenario could be the priests on top, a prosperous merchant class in the middle, and the working class supporting everyone else.

Klimt always seemed to me a Medieval version of a CIA station chief with an Ivy League background. Closer to the US ideal of "High Society" than European royalty. A stuffed (or empty) shirt, in other words ;-)

As for Isley being a Conan-like barbarian king, he appears the part with his animal-skin clothes.

But then again, this is contradicted/contrasted with his drawing-room filled with French Provincial-style furniture. The voice actor in the anime did make Isley sound like an English gentleman. Isley has a lot of paradoxes, given his thoughts of his last moments before being killed by the Abyss Eaters, that it does make him appear 3-dimensional.

Riffle, by the way, sounds like a villainess out of a Jane Austen novel.

Rigardo's nickname is "Silver-Eyed Lion King" in most translations. In Scene 56, Isley questions Rigardo's maturity, calling him "銀眼の獅子王," or "Gin me no shishiō," which could be translated as "Silver Eye Lion Child King." Rigardo would certainly dislike that for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 07, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it also explains why there's no militia, "people with combat ability/skills and weapons". the farmers and craftsmen have ZERO combat ability/skills, ALL of the common people (except the bandits) are completely helpless, only being able to run away or cry, lol.

I theorize that before the Org came, Rabona's Holy Soldiers were the standing military+police of the island, dealing with bandits (the only common people seen with combat ability/skills, lol).

However with the coming of the Org and their NYs infesting the island, all of the Rabona soldiers fell back into their Rabona Holy City to defend it, leaving all the island's towns at the mercy of bandits and NYs. Which the Org capitolized on with their Claymores, taking over the protection and thus rule of the island from Rabona.

You notice how tightly controled/protected Rabona is, with all of its soldiers there (and the ONLY soldiers seen on the island), to make it hard for the NY to infiltrate it (though one SNY and even an AB had anyways... lol), and then also the "yoma/demon-spawn" Claymores and the hated devil-BCs...

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm posting a Wikia article I wrote regarding Miria's Mystery Village:

After the battle with Agatha in Rabona, Miria has tense meeting with the seven Ghosts, Galatea, Clarice and Miata.

There are two translations of her speech. Miria either says "there's a village southwest of the Organization headquarters," which could place the village in Staff. And that a party from the Organization visited the village (Scene 79—Blind scanlation).

Or: the village is "deep in the mountains," in "an area in the southwest, the furthest from the Organization's control." The villagers were shocked to see Miria when they saw her (Scene 79—VIZ translation). This is suggestive of a region beyond Staff. And that Miria was alone.

In either translation, the villagers never heard of Yoma.
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 08, 2011 at 04:35 AM.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Island Mapping Project

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Based on my research, anaylsis, and conclusions:

1. The Organization has been on the island for ~100 years now

2. there's 14 Eras thus far: 1 Isley, 2 Riful, 3 Luciela, 4 Rosemary, 5 Teresa, 6 Clare, 7 Clarice, 8 Hysteria, 9 Chloe, 10 Licht, 11 Sistina, 12 Roxanne, 13 Cassandra, and 14 Lutecia.

3. 100 / 14 = ~7 years per Era. this matches up well with the timeline.

4. (Teresa) 77th generation = 77th year (or "Trainee Academy for Wayword Claymore Girls" 77th graduating "class" year). this matches up well with timeline as well.

8. (Teresa) 182nd warrior = probably the 182nd successful Trainee to complete the final test/trial before becoming a ranked Claymore. this matches up well with timeline as well.

----------------------

sorry for not clarifying,

the "of all time" were my own words, based on the solid manga evidence of Teresa being supreme

though Orsay does say: GREATEST Claymore, he doesn't say greatest Claymore of just this Era only, no, he says GREATEST Claymore, and then he corrects himself, hehe, no, the greatest CREATURE...
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorr View Post
    I think the math may be off and that there were a lot more #1s then the listed 14.

Chapter 110.
    "Try to give me the names of warriors that have the protential to exceed these (The 3 AOs)" ~Dae
    "Leaving aside whether they can exceed them or not. Number ones who died without awakening are..." Black Coats

Then they go on listing the 10 #1's you mentioned... untill

"Aside from those... There was Cassandra the dust eater AND SO ON..." Black Coats
    "We can give names TO NO END, But... We've probably covered the ones that were particularly strong." Black Coats.

This implies there were a lot more #1s then the 11 listed.

I also like to note that in the anime Osay said it in this way. Implying that there are hundreds of warriors per class and not that Teresa was the 182nd warrior in the entire history of the organization.

"Teresa, the 182nd warrior of the 77th Class" ~Orsay

I'm just going to stop here fearing we are going off topic.

Era = ~50 ranked Claymores (just to make math easy, instead of using 47)

Isley - Teresa = 5 Eras

50 + 4 x 50 (if entire force gets replaced) = 250

Teresa is the 182nd warrior

50 + 4 x 25 (if half force gets replaced) = 150

------------

5 Eras (Isley - Teresa) x 7 years per Era = 35 is ~ half of 77

Teresa is 77th generation

10 Eras (Isley - ??? - Teresa) x 7 = 70 ~ 77

----------------------------------

so... let's see how this looks:

Model 1:

Isley's Era = 7 years = 7th of the 100 years = +47 (male) Claymores = 47 total warriors
    Riful's Era = 7 years = 14th of the 100 years = +47 Claymores = 94 total warriors
    Luciela's Era = 7 years = 21st of the 100 years = +47 Claymores = 141 total warriors
    (AO Luciela kills only half of the Claymores, 23.5 Claymores survive, only half need to be replaced, for next Era)
    Rosemary's Era = 7 years = 28th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 164.5 total warriors
    Teresa's Era = 7 years = 35th of the 100 years = +47 Claymores = 211.5 total warriors

Teresa as the 182 warriors works out this way, however Teresa is not the 77th generation/year this way, unless a generation means half a year (6 months) instead. a.k.a. The Trainees' final test/trial is performed every 6 months, instead of every year.

I don't feel this is a likely model as it means that usually all 47 Claymores are replaced every Era, which doesn't make any common/practical/logical sense at all.

--------

Model 2:

Isley's Era = 7 years = 7th of the 100 years = +47 (male) Claymores = 47 total warriors
    Riful's Era = 7 years = 14th of the 100 years = +47 Claymores = 94 total warriors
    Luciela's Era = 7 years = 21st of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 117.5 total warriors
    (AO Luciela kills only half of the Claymores, 23.5 Claymores survive, only half need to be replaced, for next Era)
    Rosemary's Era = 7 years = 28th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 141 total warriors
    Teresa's Era = 7 years = 35th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 164.5 total warriors

+ (Hysteria's Era) = 7 years = 42th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 188 total warriors

Teresa's Era = 42nd of the 100 years = 188 total warriors

now we're closer to Teresa as the 77th generation and 182nd warrior, but 42 is still short of 77th, lol.

--------

Model 3

(what if the Organization lied about the male ABs, and actually only half of them Awakened)
    (The next Era, Riful's Era, will have 23.5 female Claymores and 23.5 male Claymores)
    Riful's Era = 7 years = 14th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 70.5 total warriors
    Luciela's Era = 7 years = 21st of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 94 total warriors
    Rosemary's Era = 7 years = 28th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 117.5 total warriors
    Teresa's Era = 7 years = 35th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 141 total warriors

+ (Hysteria's Era) = 7 years = 42th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 164.5 total warriors
    + (Licht's Era) = 7 years = 49th of the 100 years = +23.5 Claymores = 188 total warriors

Teresa's Era = 49th of the 100 years = 188 total warriors

closer but its still only 49th and not 77th

3 Eras (21 years) still off

so maybe model 1 is the best and generations = 6 months
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Teresa's Era is possibly the 11th Era out of the 15 Eras:

from another site,

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan
    "Generation" thus far means a YEAR or a half year... sighs...

Teresa is the 182 Claymore created on the 77th year that the Organization has been on the island. And thus far we have 15 "Eras" that are ~7 years each (100/15= ~7). This would make Teresa the 11th Era out of the 15 Eras (77/7 = 11).

the content that we have, matches up quite well to this, amazingly, which thus far, supports it being correct

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuma stated her hometown was near the organization in the east.

It may be that it is the same town as the one childhood Teresa visited, but I suspect it is not the mystery village Miria spoke of, but could be, & that could be an interesting plot point. Or it could be an unmapped village in this project so far. It was mentioned as ukn village #3 in some notes, but it may not be a separate village.

---------- Post added April 07, 2012 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was April 06, 2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Teresa's Era is possibly the 11th Era out of the 15 Eras:

from another site,
    Perhaps you can substitute the word "generation" with "batch" for the sake of making things clearer in your mind. A batch or generation may be a unit of an experiment. For instance, the organization could be altering how they make warriors, then testing to see how long they last on average before they send out a black card. One generation may be physiologically different than the next. In this manner maybe one generation is meant to be longer than another, or maybe one generation or "test" gets repeated for some reason therefore does not count as a new generation.
    Last edited by gherkin; April 07, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

New Reply