Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kanzenban editions.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kanzenban editions.

You know maybe that´s why Rokudenashi BLUES was listed as "kanzenban" instead of "Soushuuhen" since it was released in 12 issues that had the complete 42 tankoubon run of Rokudenashi BLUES, it wasn´t a "Best of" compilation so to speak.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member v3g374's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

It's way easier to look up on wikipedia, am I right?
    Kanzenban
    集英社 is Shueisha

Finestela: I thought these have all chapters.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks V3g374, as for what Finestela wrote, she wasn't talking about Kanzenban, she was talking about other type of editions Soushuuhen.

Anyway, might as well update, while not a Kanzenban per see, BLEACH got a re-release BLEACH Resurrected Souls which will be released in 6 volumes and cover the 21 first volumes of BLEACH (Soul Society arc), it will be like ONE PIECE LOGs so it will have color pages, and probably some extra content.

Also this is just my guessing but I think HXH should have a Kanzenban release soon, mainly because of its anime and how Kanzenbans have been released, they have been following this pattern, look how Kanzenbans have been released:
    Bastard
    Slam Dunk
    Dragon Ball
    Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukai na Nakama-tachi-
    YuYu Hakusho
    Nekomajin
    Hoshin Engi
    Saint Seiya
    I''s
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Dr. Slump
    Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo! Masaru-San
    Shaman King
    Rokudenashi BLUES Its listed as a Kanzenban, even when the release isn't like one, its more like a ONE PIECE LOG, the 40-so Rokudenashi BLUES were collected in 12 of this Kanzenban.
    Hikaru No Go
    Prince of Tennis

You can see a tendency, what I mean is the first Kanzenbans were from the mid 80s-early 90s.. Bastard, Slam Dunk, Dragon Ball, Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukai na Nakama-tachi-, YuYu Hakusho... Then is Nekomajin and Hoshin Engi which are from other Jump era.. and as a closing to this era comes one of the classic mangas from the 80s, Saint Seiya, obviously as a way to promote the Hades OVA arc which was being broadcasted at the time.

The next wave of Kanzenbans are titles from the mid 90s-late 90s, Hoshin Engi, I''s, Rurouni Kenshin.. Dr. Slump gets reprinted too, guess it was an obvious choice, as Saint Seiya it was probably reprinted to give the Dr. Slump DVDs more popularity- continuing with Sexy Commando, Shaman King, Hikaru No Go and finally Prince of Tennis (Which oddly was released on Seasons, probably so that if it didn't sold quite well it would get cancelled at Season 1.. Well, that didn't happen and now it not only got a second season of Kanzenbans but a movie and a new anime series for its next manga counterpart, Shin Prince of Tennis)

Now.. There is a title that:
    1.- Is from mid 90s-late 90s. (Demography: Check)
    2.- Is getting a new anime. (Marketing: Check)
    3.- Is definetly popular and has a fan-base hard-core enough to wait for its lazy mangaka. (Fan-base: Check)
    Last edited by perroloco; September 08, 2011 at 11:29 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member v3g374's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

You should wait for Hxh kanzenban until the series ends. Thats the way it works.
    So the one piece soushuuhen is a compilaton, or they printed all chapters?

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if ONE PIECE are soushuuhen, they are called LOGs, they contain all chapters (Don't skip anything) and have the color pages and some extra content, they are printed on WSJ type of paper.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redon's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    I don't know if ONE PIECE are soushuuhen, they are called LOGs, they contain all chapters (Don't skip anything) and have the color pages and some extra content, they are printed on WSJ type of paper.
    I have all One Piece LOG and a lot of Weekly Shonen Jump and the paper is different. OP LOG paper is better than WSJ paper (not much better, but the difference is visible).

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranma 1/2 Kanzenban is gonna be published in Spain.

For like 2 or so years it had been rumored Ediciones Glenat Spain was gonna aqcuire the rights to publish a Ranma 1/2 Kanzenban, since there isn't such a edition even in Japan Glenat's intention is to realize a Kanzenban specific for the Spain market with the possibility to export it to different countries in the future (included Japan).

The edition probably will have the same format as the Big Manga published by Glenat, additionally it will include illustrations done by spanish authors of Ranma 1/2 characters on an initiative that has been green-lighted by Shogakukan and Rumiko herself. The big problem comes with the color pages since they aren't available, so its unknown if they will be included.

Here is the source: http://ramenparados.blogspot.com/201...-de-ranma.html

As for the color pages I remember the author of Zatch Bell left Shogakukan becuase they had lost some of his original color pages.. I wonder if Shogakukan has lost Rumiko's original color pages too :/

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

12/9/2011 EDIT:
    So Ranma 1/2 Kanzenban has been released on Spain.. I wouldn't call it a Kanzenban folks, is more like a quasi-kanzenban, it has the features of a Shogakukan kanzenban (Basically the size and it being 2 tankoubons in one book) but it has no color pages.. For all means and purposes this isn't a Kanzenban.
    Kudos to Glenat Spain for trying.. And the price is great (For Spain editions 10 Euros for basically 2 volumes in a great edition) but I won't double dip that edition.

And just to keep you guys informed a re-release of Hunter X Hunter in the Soushuuhen format has been released.
    6 books with I assume 3 volumes per book (It will cover all the way through Greed Island) it will have the color pages from serialization and I assume extras.. Though well.. We all know Togashi is lazy..
    Thanks animeace for the news.
    Last edited by perroloco; October 18, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

EDIT: 10/18/2012
    So yup, as I predicted (wow I am on fire) Kenshin and Jojo have been re-released in Soushuhen format (Well, I would have prefered kanzenban).

5 years ago Phantom Blood was released as Soushuhen too, remember for the Jojo movie that never got released on DVD?
    Seems like this is a re-issue but with the 2 volumes combined into one, so 900 pages should be the 5 volumes of Phantom Blood.
    Hopefully Battle Tendency is released too, I guess Shueisha wants to cover what the anime 2012 covers so expect Battle Tendency to follow (In my opinion Battle Tendency should be 2 volumes of around 700 pages each, that'd be cover its 7 volumes)..
    Then Stardust Crusaders.. Which is 16 volumes in length, well IIRC Hunter X Hunter Soushuhen was for its 18 volumes (Up to Chimera arc) so 3 volumes (or 600 pages) per Soushuhen would be good enough..

As for Ruroken, who knows.. Its obviously a stun to promote the movie (Like it always is) but I don't know.. Shueisha did this too with GANTZ and only released 2 volumes, maybe they will release only 2 or 3 volumes (before Shishio saga) in order to have material for the imminent movie sequel?

Anyway here are the ISBN:
    Jojo

Ruroken

Also.. With Tenipuri kanzenban about to end, its last volume should ship around Feb-March 2013, what JUMP manga is gonna receive the Kanzenban threatment next, in your opinion?

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Also seems like Magi has one too.. Weird, didn't knew Shogakukan did Soushuhen.

Magi
    409124078X
    Last edited by perroloco; October 18, 2012 at 02:39 PM.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

---------------------------------------

Almost a full year without anything new O.o

Jojo Kanzenban

Anyway Shueisha just announced Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is gonna have a kanzenban, 17 volumes covering the first 28 tankobon (the first 3 Jojo arcs).
    On sale December 4.

Source:
    http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...arre-adventure

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those aren't kanzenbans, they're "colored reproductions" of the manga. Based on the original announcement anyhow.
    http://p.twipple.jp/xs86M

I suppose it's kind of like a kanzenban. And maybe Jump will be calling it that though.

Edit: They're calling them "Hakosoubans" apparently. I don't think Jump has used that name before. They'll function a lot like normal Kanzenbans though.
    Last edited by kewl0210; September 23, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner madmaxmh2007's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    is there any news about the new edition of "hokuto no ken"
    ?

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3