Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: D.Gray-man Volume 21 (Ch. 194-199) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 197 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by fuff View Post
    i dont like the new art she does...the noses are all messed and i just miss the old way she drew and ya the eyebrows really bother me! i personally think this chaptre would have been better if she stuck with her old art rather than this new one....
    i agree with you. i like the old style of drawing she used instead. now she puts to much into her art so you can't focus on what's going on in each panel.

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

On the 14th/Allen: My interpretation was that they aren't two separate consciousnesses. It's always Allen, it's just that he does an unconscious personality/memory switch sometimes. He doesn't have blackouts or anything - he doesn't even realize it happens sometimes (or didn't until the time with the Earl. I interpreted that as Allen suddenly going "wait a sec, this isn't something I'd say!"). After all, the 14th is dead, and it's just his memories that are in Allen. None of the other Noah have two consciousnesses, but we do see Tyki behaving totally different in his human/Noah forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmoden View Post
    I wonder why is the innocence still attached to Allen?
    How come he isen't become a fallen one even after turning into a noah?
    Could be intent. Both the 14th and the Innocence, and most importantly, Allen himself, have the goal of destroying the Earl. And Allen still wants to "save" akuma (through killing them). I suspect that if Allen's goals ever changed, that might make the Innocence attack him. Right now, the Innocence's goals are still being served, and it's apparently capable of knowing the user's intentions (e.g. Suman)...

Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    And how can it be Kanda isnt a fallen too after attack/hurt an exorcist?
    Because he hurt a Noah~ I wonder, though. Maybe he's immune to the effects somehow because he's a Second? He failed a lot of synchronizations in the past.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the fact that Crown Clown is malfunctioning could be the sign of the 14th (the innocence doesn't want to work with the noah). Plus, to become fallen, you have to aid the Noah/Earl. Obviously, if allen is not a fallen one yet, he had yet to hit the betrayal part, and that might mean that 14th may not be an ally, but also not an enemy... It could also be that if allen's mind retreats while 14th takes over, teh innocence also becomes useles..
    like wise with kanda. Allen and Kanda have fought/spared before (albeit without innocence) and have hurt each other. I'm sure the innocence knows when the user means harm.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Another AWESOME chapter.xD
    Although this chapter quite slow actually, but none the less, AWESOME.xD
    This chapter make me sad cause seeing Allen trying so hard to stop those two. The Kanda vs Allen is also sad, reminds me of Allen vs Lavi in Noah Ark Arc.
    Apparently, Kanda really going berserk when he's in 5th Illusion + might going to die according to Zhu.:S
    So Alma had a somehow positive(may be) reason to kill Kanda so as Kanda.
    It's really shocking that Kanda STABBED ALLEN so real.T_T And the EARL is really HAPPY.
    ALLEN TURNED GRAY.xD
    In the end, looks like Kanda regain control of himself while Alma still decide to finish things with Kanda.

Next chapter is gonna be real shocking IMO or so I hope.xD
    Btw, pg 18 or 19, Kanda AWESOMENESS!!!!xD

@yingsu: I think volume 21 will consist of 6 chapters cause these few months chapters got only 31 pages, with chapter 194 only 20-21 pages.

Off topic: Wonder what the fangirls or fanboys think when seeing half-naked Kanda VS half-naked Allen.xD
    Last edited by andrewsungchehau; August 03, 2010 at 09:13 PM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ketorin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    On the 14th/Allen: My interpretation was that they aren't two separate consciousnesses. It's always Allen, it's just that he does an unconscious personality/memory switch sometimes.
    I thought of the same thing at one point (can't remember if I voiced it on here before) I thought that if the memories were implanted when he was a baby or something, that the memories have always been in control so it's always been the 14th but he grew up with the memories always influencing him, if that was true than I thought that maybe the 14th's name is Allen cause it influenced him. . .(sry if that made absolutely no sense)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner UtaAlice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ketorin View Post
    I thought of the same thing at one point (can't remember if I voiced it on here before) I thought that if the memories were implanted when he was a baby or something, that the memories have always been in control so it's always been the 14th but he grew up with the memories always influencing him, if that was true than I thought that maybe the 14th's name is Allen cause it influenced him. . .(sry if that made absolutely no sense)
    I had actually been thinking the same thing. Except I can't remember if this was mentioned before or not, but how did Allen get his memories in the first place? Wasn't the 14th killed before he was born? Or I'm just thinking of how Rhode said she was in her current form for the last 35 years and that conversation in chapter 187( I think).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UtaAlice View Post
    I had actually been thinking the same thing. Except I can't remember if this was mentioned before or not, but how did Allen get his memories in the first place? Wasn't the 14th killed before he was born? Or I'm just thinking of how Rhode said she was in her current form for the last 35 years and that conversation in chapter 187( I think).
    So far we don't know how he got the memories but, my guess is that we will soon since I'm thinking that the 14th might tell his story of what happened and that will end up telling us how his memories got where they were. Here is a long shot, like how Rhode stayed the same for the past 35 years maybe Allen has too but, in a different way. . .that's a long shot. Normally the memories would go to just some random person but, since Allen was implanted with them he was chosen so I want to know when. Maybe Mana did it in a way after he made contact with Allen. . .garg now I want to know how Allen got the memories!

Ha! I knew I mentioned that I thought the 14th's name was Allen
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=541
    Last edited by ketorin; August 03, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SweetSymphony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was chapter was so beautiful, and I was so grateful that somebody found the raw that I went and made an account on here. So, for making my life awesome, thank you.

But, after reading it, I was really bothered on why Kanda stabbing Allen led to him becoming a Noah. So, after thinking about it, I am willing to bet my freakin' socks, my smelly good luck charms, that he has the Heart. And, that's an extremely large accusation, and I'm probably wrong since I'm usually wrong about these things but, I am going for that ball. I mean, why else would Kanda even be there, especially after he had been on that bus for so long and was seen as a background character for most of the manga? Why would we need to know at this certain point in the manga that his life sucked, rather than any other point? Because Hoshino is a gigantic troll, and led everyone to think that Lenalee or Allen had the heart, when it was actually Kanda. That would be the best type of irony, since he's pretty heartless normally. And, I'm sure with the heart being the "strongest of all the innocence" it could do something like awaken a Noah. Plus, Kanda received his innocence under odd circumstances, and the innocence do have minds of their owns, so to speak, so you could say that the Heart pitied him or thought his will was strong. And, it would add a little bit of an explanation to why the Earl targeted Alma and Kanda, maybe he was trying to kill two birds with one stone? Get Allen, and destroy the heart? That would be pretty convenient for him. But, lol, speculations.

Oh, and I read the posts about Alma being the Heart, and I don't think Alma is actually capable of using innocence anymore due to being part Akuma. Can Akuma wield innocence? I don't even know, man. (Haha, I'm late.)

But, hah, I'm rambling now since I'm so excited about this chapter, and how it's making me think.

I also noticed the manga looked a little wonky. Hoshino is going too wild with those hands and bodies. Well, I hope her hand isn't still getting to her. That would be horrible.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ketorin View Post
    So far we don't know how he got the memories but, my guess is that we will soon since I'm thinking that the 14th might tell his story of what happened and that will end up telling us how his memories got where they were. Here is a long shot, like how Rhode stayed the same for the past 35 years maybe Allen has too but, in a different way. . .that's a long shot. Normally the memories would go to just some random person but, since Allen was implanted with them he was chosen so I want to know when. Maybe Mana did it in a way after he made contact with Allen. . .garg now I want to know how Allen got the memories!

Ha! I knew I mentioned that I thought the 14th's name was Allen
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=541
    Oh! The Idea about Allen seems interesting! And I hadn't noticed before that Mana knew Allens name... But I don't believe Allen is the 14ths name becaus back when the Cyril and Tyki were getting Allen and Tokusa they mentioned the 14th and I think it was Tyki who mentioned that his name was too long, or that may have just been a translation mistake. (I've seen that one line written like, 5 different ways.)
    Edit: just checked a few different sites, one translation said "the fourteenth apostle is too long, so I'll just call you 'boy' alright?" while another said "The fourteenths name was kinda long, so let's just call him a young man, alright?
    Last edited by UtaAlice; August 03, 2010 at 10:17 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh! The Idea about Allen seems interesting! And I hadn't noticed before that Mana knew Allens name... But I don't believe Allen is the 14ths name becaus back when the Cyril and Tyki were getting Allen and Tokusa they mentioned the 14th and I think it was Tyki who mentioned that his name was too long, or that may have just been a translation mistake. (I've seen that one line written like, 5 different ways.)
    yeah it could be and it couldn't be. Who knows maybe when Tyki said the name was really long was because of a middle name or something. Or it could be referring to the 14th's true name not the hosts name, like how Lulu Bell's name is actually Lustul.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe allens innocence will become useless when he becomes a full noah, he will have to fight as a noah. or maybe somehow the innocence and the 14th will work together. the 14th probably had a plan why would he put his memories in allen who was born with innocence if it will be useless to use the power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

u guys gotta remember what cross said. the 14th had no time to choose who he put the memories into. just when he got the time to, in between running from the noah, he put the memories into somebody. in essence its like being surrounded by a group of people with your eyes closed than spinning around in a circle until you stop and who ever you point to is choosen. there's really not any possible way for the 14th to have purposely choosen allen(somebody with an innocence). heres the chapter http://www.cloudmanga.com/D.Gray-Man/167/6/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    maybe allens innocence will become useless when he becomes a full noah, he will have to fight as a noah. or maybe somehow the innocence and the 14th will work together. the 14th probably had a plan why would he put his memories in allen who was born with innocence if it will be useless to use the power.
    Yeah I don't think that the 14th just randomly chose someone and Allen was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, Cross might have just figured that the 14th didn't have time to chose, he might have already chosen a long while back. I would think that he did that on purpose cause like you said the innocence and the 14th will work together. Since the innocence is in Allen's body and so is the 14th I would've thought that if the innocence would turn on Allen it would have done so already but, it doesn't want to lose it's host so it doesn't hurt Allen (other than the time when it was evoked) So I think that now that the 14th is in a body with innocence already maybe that means he'll be immune?
    Last edited by ketorin; August 03, 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    u guys gotta remember what cross said. the 14th had no time to choose who he put the memories into. just when he got the time to, in between running from the noah, he put the memories into somebody. in essence its like being surrounded by a group of people with your eyes closed than spinning around in a circle until you stop and who ever you point to is choosen. there's really not any possible way for the 14th to have purposely choosen allen(somebody with an innocence). heres the chapter http://www.cloudmanga.com/D.Gray-Man/167/6/
    Oh yes! I had completley forgotten Cross saying that! But that also makes me wonder, didn't Allen say somewhere that he couldn't rember some part of his childhood? Because I think you'd remember someone coming up to you and giving you their memories. I don't know if I'm just mixing a bunch of different manga up though, so there could be a possibility of when the 14th gave Allen his memories, it had already kind of eroded his previous memories. Did any of that make sense?

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was said that the 14th killed the other Noah 35 years ago, so it's possible he was on the run for another twenty years or more after that. At least, that's what's currently being speculated. (Hm, going by those Earl-is-Mana theories, maybe he killed the Earl too and the Earl "reincarnated" like all Noah do as Mana...?)

Edit: just checked a few different sites, one translation said "the fourteenth apostle is too long, so I'll just call you 'boy' alright?" while another said "The fourteenths name was kinda long, so let's just call him a young man, alright?
    I think he meant "the Fourteenth" is too long (compared to "boy"). Tyki wouldn't have remembered the 14th's name anyway. Other Noah (Jasdevi, at least) didn't even know he existed until the Earl told them in Edo.

Oh yes! I had completley forgotten Cross saying that! But that also makes me wonder, didn't Allen say somewhere that he couldn't rember some part of his childhood?
    Allen said he didn't remember something like that (or so I recall)... it was Lenalee who didn't remember part of her childhood, though. Nothing like that about Allen.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast