Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: D.Gray-man Volume 21 (Ch. 194-199) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 195 Discussion/196 Prediction

I wish the Fourteenth will take control soon. I'm so sick of Allen pansying around and putting the world in jeopardy for the sake of one person. I still remember him trying to save Suman while he destroys a whole village. Good job Allen?!

PS: Kanda looks so badass on pg 7

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TitaniumChloride's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

@chilibun: Eh, that village would have been destroyed while Suman was being put into submission anyway. So whatever anyone tries to do, somebody innocent will suffer/die -- unlike a few big name mangas I can name right now. But this is one of the things that makes DGM different~ I'm not sure what to think of this manga if Allen does manage to save every single life, but it probably won't be as interesting.

I also totally agree with you on Kanda's badass-ary.

----

YES! DGM is back on a roll! Makes me wonder if Hoshino's been holding back on her recent colour art (aside from the magazine cover this time, which is gorgeous) to refrain from spoilers for the later chapters. I missed the tension that comes with every decisive action and the 'OMG! What will he do?!' factor.

For a minute when Alma saw that head next to his feet, I thought 'is that Zu?' Then I was making the same face Allen made at Tokusa when it showed that he saved the others. The only other person who's kicking ass other than Kanda this time around was Link, and that was pretty cool! On another note, Allen's really showing his age this chapter. Poor, desperate kid.

As for what happens next, it's so darn hard to say. My guess (which seems to turn out otherwise 90% of the time) is that Allen won't be going with the Earl and that the Thirds will be saved from this situation. *cue some awesome deus ex machina*

Maybe I'm just hoping not to see the Noahs being scary-friendly-family with Allen so soon... As amusing as it'll be, the idea kinda freaks me out.
    Last edited by TitaniumChloride; June 03, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

My Manga List (outdated)

Shows: Supernatural, Legend of Korra
    Webcomics: Homestuck, Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court
    Tumblr: onewayworld

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DizzyKiske's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 194 Discussion/195 Prediction

chapter 195 is getting good i wonder what will happen next

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member harmaa's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone comes across the raw, please post it! Thanks!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

well the main problem is... was Cross refering to killing somone from allens friends (lenalee,lavi,krory ect.) which would be immposible for allen and he would rather kill himself than let that happen....... or was he refering to lets say Earl (who is also a human in some way)

and like we all know Earl and 14th have a very close relantionship... mostly they were blood related brothers that fight for the throne.... so we all know that in some chapters back 14th appeared for a little moment... and said that "he will kill earl"....... so cross words could mean that when 14th awaken... he will kill his brother earl

but still the "human, important people, people you love" is a VERY wide area... since is it that 14th will have to erase people who know the truth about himself... so whole order.. with lenalee in it...... so we heave to wait and see....

but its a question what will allen do in this situation.... will he surrender to earl... or refuse saying that he will rather die than join earl side... maybe takusa will get a grip of himself.... or maybe alma will get realyl hurt by kanda so takusa will be able to take little control of his body back in order to release Allen...

if allen goes with the noahs its rather the end for the world... as he can control the ark... he is a strong moral buster in order... and has strong innocence (no clue about 14th powers but if he was able to kill 12 noahs by himself he must be strong)

hmmm when I look on this chapter... from all noahs... only road(doll) looked very sad..... she likes allen (who now turns out to be her family in a way) and it must be painfull to see him getting hurt like that...

it would be interesting to see what will happen to Allen... what path he will go.... save people by surrendering himself to earl.... or maybe 3rd side will pop out and save allen... gues we will learn in next chapter...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*facepalm*
    i said this like 3 posts ago =.=''

Not only are there translations where Cross says 'person' as in singular, one person as opposed to people, but then we have to look at how close they are to Allen. If Allen kills a person with his own hands (be some random person or one of his friends) he's gonna go crazy anyway. This would mean support that Allen doesn't really like Tokusa (refer to what Tokusa said about Allen's eye back in 187, Allen actually snapped at him, which he only does to kanda), Plus, the people/person he kills doesn't need to be 100% human anyway.......remember, half of us thought it was gonna be Kanda way back when the arc began?? -sigh-

But, i doubt Allen will regret killing a Noah.....maybe he might be sad if he purifies a Noah but then has to finish the person off anyway (like, provided Tokusa is not a noah, but if they try to get out of the mess, Central may have them all dissposed of for fear of what may happen in the future). Point is, if allen has to kill a human with his own hands, or at anytime feels that it was his fault someone died, he'll grieve anyway....but the closer they are, the more he'll grieve (obviously). Therefore, there's nothing to hint at person(s) he may kill.

But, is it he will turn into 14th because he killed someone, or is it that he will kill once he's the 14th? =P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't have to be someone close to him. It just has to be someone he cares about. And because he cares about all humans (remember when he got Crown Clown?), the someone he cares about could be anyone, including the Noah. Remember, Cross is still a bit of a trickster. He probably meant that when Allen becomes the Fourteenth, he'll have to start killing Noah, even if he doesn't want to kill humans. He was just incredibly vague about it.

This is exactly what unknownymous said, by the way. ^^

And it does tie into this arc because Allen is probably going to be going with the Noah soon, and the Fourteenth is definitely going to awaken if that happens. The Fourteenth, as of Chapter 189, wants to kill the Earl. So that most likely involves killing Noah, aka humans.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's obvious - everyone is fodder for Allen under Cross's statement. Everyone.

Remember, the "official" translators are the same ones who promulgated that Hoshino was a man.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter was good wonder what allen will do. he can't just trust the earl and go with the noahs. he will be in trouble he is the 14th and he betrayed the noahs they will not just let him join easily. maybe the 14th will take over and keep allen from going with the noahs.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner marfoote's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this chapter was great though im hopeing that allen goes with the noahs and turns into the 14th. it would be intresting to learn more about the 14th and to be able to see more of allens other side.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: riki
    Please stay on topic! If you want to discuss about translation, please go here. Thank you!

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about whether Allen would go with the Earl or not, but I realised that he wouldn't do that. I think he'll kill Tokusa so that he can stay in the Order, cause it has been implied so in the previous few chapters; i.e. where Sheryl told Tokusa that the Noahs will not be the ones killing him but *whispers* <-- And I'm thinking he told Tokusa it's the exorcists. And also here where Tevak said she saw a vision from Wisely about how Allen will kill Madarao and Tokusa. But then again, she said that she would kill Allen. I wonder why that's so. Maybe she'll lose control and attack Allen when he's weak? (But we all know that Allen won't die, even if he's severely injured. :X)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Snowolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be potentially interesting if Allen joined the Noahs for a bit. It would be nice to see things from their point of view and learn of the many mysteries that surround them. I don't think that the Earl will personally 'stop' the fight however- he'll probably stop intefering with the Third's evolving into Akuma, but he;ll leave Alma and Yuu to sort out their differences. I also believe that Allen's not going to give in until he really has no option left. Which is kind of close right now...

Very, very good chapter, can't wait fro the next. I don't know if the 14th will come out again, it would spoil the whole awesomeness of him coming out in the first place, but I do sort of hope he does play a part in Allen's decision in either deserting the Order, staying with them, or joining the Noahs.

Also-addenza, I would agree with you, you have solid evidence, but something leads me to believe that when Sheryl whispered who would kill Tokusa, it would be something...more shocking like 'Yourself' in terms of, your own genes cannot handle the corruption of the Akuma genes, and you'll eventually kill yourself, or your own society, the one that you've been trying to protect. It all goes with this theme of betrayal that's been running for the past couple of chapters, IDK.

About Tevak saying that she'd kill Allen, I have no idea why, but it must either be because he WILL kill Tokusa and join the Noahs, or because she's turning into a rabid Akuma and kill exorcists.
    Last edited by Snowolf; June 07, 2010 at 10:47 AM.
    lj fan. doctor who/fringe/house/bones/chuck/etc obsessor. tv geek.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it sorta funny that no one is reacting to the new bit of solid info in this chapter. Sure, drama is fine with pretty pics, but the plot advancement has been totally predictable and with little to no new information. This chapter had a small bit: the akuma said that the akuma Egg fragment was a piece of the Earl's soul. If that is true, how does it work? How does the 14th intend to do a similar thing (as the Earl is the maker of akuma by definition)?
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DizzyKiske's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Re: DGM Chapter 195 Discussion/196 Prediction

But Didn't The 14th Actually Created The Akuma D: Im Confused!

New Reply
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast