Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otoyome-gatari by Mori Kaoru

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    LOL~ Such a reasoning. One gets a wife, one gets a sister, huh?
    ahahaha sorry I meant Ali!!! Ali and Mr Smith each get a wife. Not Talas/Tarasu (whatever >.>) I typed the wrong name lol.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq View Post
    Talking about Talas, I wonder what everyone else think about her story and it's conclusion?
    Also, do you think we will ever see her again or her story already ended there?

Didn't Mori say that Karluk and Talas names originated from Battle of Talas, so her name is supposed to be Talas not Tarasu?
    I believe Tarasu is how the katakana of her name is read. I'm more to call her Talas anyway. ^^
    About her story, well, how should I say it... She's kind, okay, and she cares about her mother who has lost all her five sons. But somehow I didn't like her as well. I think I feel like she's too giving up. Staying there. I didn't understand why she didn't try to at least bring her mother and give a more proper life, even for a short period. I think we will see her again; she seems to like Mr. Smith quite much that she would resist the marriage designed for her by her new father and we might get to see a bit about it. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    ahahaha sorry I meant Ali!!! Ali and Mr Smith each get a wife. Not Talas/Tarasu (whatever >.>) I typed the wrong name lol.
    LOL, okay, hahahahaha~

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I really envy those people who can get Mori's sign. From Tokushima's machiasobi 7

4. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a surprise in the mail today. Volume 2 of Otoyomegatari showed up early! 10 days before it's official release! Another beautiful, hardcover edition from Yen Press. They print it in such great quality. I really appreciate it and I treasure these books.

Anyway, this volume was just amazing. Of course the art work was incredible as always. To be honest, I could have done without Amir's family trying to take her back again, but that is only because I really like Amir and Karluk and I don't want anything bad to happen to them. I like things the most when it is just a calm and happy, slice of life scene. My favorite part of this volume was when they were talking about the fabrics and embroidery.

So, it seems that the next volume will switch focus to another bride and another location. I'm sure I will love it, but it is kind of sad because I really like Amir. I hope volume 4 will go back to her or at least touch base with her.

I told myself that after I read volume 2 in print form, I was going to catch up with the scanlation. But I just enjoyed holding that book in my hands so much, I can't imagine reading this amazing series on a computer screen. I'm going to wait until March when volume 3 is released here. I really can't wait because I have fallen in love with this series.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

After this the focus switches to Mr. Smith, and I rather like the shift. Anyway I didn't know Yen Press was releasing it as a hardcover, that does sound very nice indeed.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Today was a good day. I got volume 3 in the mail 13 days before the official release! Thanks Amazon(how are retail bookstores suppose to compete when Amazon give me my book nearly 2 weeks ahead of the release date and $5 cheaper?).

Anyway, it was another great volume. Just as I suspected, I was a bit sad at first to be moving along to a new bride and away from Amir and family, but I quickly started to enjoy Talas and Mr. Smiths misadventures. And lo and behold, Amir managed to make a substantial cameo in this volume, which put quite the smile on my face.

If volume 2 was to embroidery, this volume was to food. That feast scene was great. It was starting to make me a little hungry. All thanks to the amazingly detailed art. I think I want to try making some of that food. Pheasant kabobs sound delicious.

So, three volumes down, I think it is now safe for me to say that this is one of my favorite series. I'm sufficiently addicted to it. I've been following this series through Yen Press's official release(They do a great job. Hardcover, dust jacket, quality paper/ink, natural translation), but I don't know if I can wait for them to release the next volume. Volume 4 isn't even released in Japan yet and by the time it is released and Yen Press is finished with their treatment, it will be like a year from now. So, it's on to scanlations. Not as fun as holding a physical book in your hands, but it will have to do. I already peaked at a recent chapter and saw some things that caught my interest

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

this new "arc" about the twins and their marriages are as interesting as the first original couple in the series. I have grown to love their story as well.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

whyyyyy is this manga so slow in output
    it's literally the only bad thing about it

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just caught up until chapter 23. Slow series is slow, but I am slow too so yeah.

Aww, I had a good laugh on the chapters about the twins. Too bad the latest scanlation didn't cover their marriages, would love to see that. Chapter 22 was very touching. That is so much like mothers anywhere in the world, worried for their children who are getting married... Especially since Layla and Leila seem so unreliable. :P Yet behind it all there is only love. All in all I love the dynamic, and supported by amazing graphic (I had just forgotten how detailed Otoyomegatari's artwork is) turned this series into something very special.

I missed Karluk and Amir though. Too bad we only meet them on the extra chapter.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Putting them on the extra chapter- I am suspecting we won't be seeing much of them anytime soon.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I to missed Karluk and Amir, but the twins are two of my favorite characters, I've been enjoying the current arc. Both are feisty, and quite funny, the chapter where they spent the afternoon with their respective fiances was among my favorite in the series.

A little bit of sad perspective on where the twins would have lived. This is the Aral Sea in 1985, similar to how the twins would have seen it, during the 19th century:

Spoiler: 1985 show

Dr. Smith encountered the twins while passing the southeast corner, on the bottom right of the picture. Below is a picture of the Aral Sea as it is today:

Spoiler show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I have just caught up until chapter 23. Slow series is slow, but I am slow too so yeah.

Aww, I had a good laugh on the chapters about the twins. Too bad the latest scanlation didn't cover their marriages, would love to see that. Chapter 22 was very touching. That is so much like mothers anywhere in the world, worried for their children who are getting married... Especially since Layla and Leila seem so unreliable. :P Yet behind it all there is only love. All in all I love the dynamic, and supported by amazing graphic (I had just forgotten how detailed Otoyomegatari's artwork is) turned this series into something very special.

I missed Karluk and Amir though. Too bad we only meet them on the extra chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Putting them on the extra chapter- I am suspecting we won't be seeing much of them anytime soon.
    As much as that would probably the case you have to admit that extra chapter was pure genius given the transition from what was going on with the current arc. Here we have two twins about to embark to the married life - and as they found out it certainly wasn't going to be such an easy ride. Yet, here we have Amir who probably also had to deal with the same transitions as the twins but handling the entire thing so effortlessly. This to me was quite good as it does give you a good sense of hope that the twins will be alright given time, sure Amir had always been outstanding but being a housewife isn't easy (especially at that time with the lack of modern conveniences) so I wouldn't entirely downplay what Amir would probably have gone through.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

Chapter 24 of Otoyomegatari is out!!! Check mangatraders to read it!!! (the reader option is available for registered users, I think).

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

yup I already read the chapter.

Very nice chapter of the wedding that is starting. Very good work, as always, by the mangaka. I didn't expect it to go long but I was thankful about the number of pages, and I can't wait for the next chapter to see the preparation on the boys' side.

I am actually quite satisfied with these match-ups of the twins and the brothers. I hope to see more of their married life after the wedding... If Mr. Smith would care to observe, hehe.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast