Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinoy Community v. 17

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Now, imagine a bisaya speaking in alternating Conio Tagalog and gay lingo.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mangadictus's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL it'll sound really THICK

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually didn't have an accent in college, and only had a few "hala uy" tags too mark that I was Bisaya.

But when I lived in Cebu for two years, I adapted the cebuano dialect, and the lack of Tagalog people to talk to really wiped my tagalog tongue clean Now if I speak in Tagalog I notice that an accent comes up.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

same here. i was born in a bisaya-speaking community, so when i speak hiligaynon, i can really hear that thick bisaya accent.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Queenofmuffins's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post

I have no idea what that is but something tells me I don't want to try it...

Also, congrats, Steelwing!~ <3

Come by and ask me questions!
    ~Ask me thread~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post

Depending on the source it's not that yucky, actually. It's basically pork cooked in blood. The hardcore version uses innards, but most mainstream dinuguan is just plain pork meat.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

why eat blood anyways? O~O

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the Filipino dialects, usually the people who reside in far provinces away from the metropolitan have an edge or the upper hand over us (Manila folks) in terms of understanding one's dialects.

We, as a pure speaker of Filipino, cannot understand the dialects of others while they can completely comprehend and understand ours. We cannot speak their dialects but they can speak ours. In short, I always feel left out whenever my friends start speaking in Bisaya (I have many Bisayan friends) while I cannot understand their language at all.

Minumura na pala ako hindi ko pa alam, as what people say.

That's why I have this personal desire, sana ako din may alam na diyalekto para fair. hehehe

@Queen

Don't worry because it is still cooked cleanly, although I can only tolerate a few sips of blood curdle. In my home's version of dinuguan, we always add solidified blood as a part of the entire dish rather than totally mixing it with the soup

The spicier it gets, the better. So we always add red chili in it to make it hotter and spicier.

Oh, and thanks too!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post

You should definitely try dinuguan!!! Dinuguan comes from the word "Dugo" which means blood. It's pig's blood that's cooked hence the thick mud color. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinuguan

I love it!

The picture I posted was supposed to be funny because of the "MEDUME"- which could be read as "may dumi" meaning "with filth" if you consider one of the ingredients: the intestines...

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Depending on the source it's not that yucky, actually. It's basically pork cooked in blood. The hardcore version uses innards, but most mainstream dinuguan is just plain pork meat.
    Red ribbon and perhaps Julies or some other commercialized shop made that version of using pork meat.

Dinuguan tastes good even with the original pork innards. Gotta love third-world for utilizing every part of slaughter Heart, intestines, mesentery... Cleaned, salted and rubbed with spices, twice- to remove the foul taste (lansa) so they say... browned and sweated, chopped to bits, then cooked with the blood. May be mounted with coconut cream.

The bisaya dinuguan is a little less desirable though... because the sauce is thin and vinegary...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds a lot like black pudding....

I dont really eat blood. Unless its with milk...strawberry milkshake ftw!

@Hunt - I would agree. The whole season has been...I dunnno, just dry. Maybe they're getting tired of it already. Its has been going on for some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

hay.. dinuguan.. i like it paired it with ginabot or ngohiong. delicioso! *yum yum*

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: WTF I DON'T EVEN show

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

IKR???!

That's why I went to the CLAYMORE CHAPTER THREAD to see if what I read was what everybody else read. you...

re: TG, they ought to have axed the series after the Stig was revealed. And how many seasons does it have now? 74? It had to end sometime...

And totally random but, I'm actually worried that my shounen on-going list will soon be wiped out except for OP while my seinen ongoing list has increased by 200%! I'm dropping the shounen titles one by one, the latest I dropped was Nurarahyon no Mago after reading some 140 chapters... If steelwing could comment, I also dropped KHR during the um, introduction of Spanner, was it? I had a plan of getting back on it but... hmm...

I'm even getting quite impatient with OP... When will the kickassery be unleashed? I know it's gonna come in a most epic, never-seen-before way because of all the new skills the guys have acquired over the two years have not been truly revealed. I know! I'll stop reading it until that point is reached, in which case I'll read it in bulk! That sounds like a good plan indeed

And have you guys ever had a time when you read this totally stupid book/manga/whatever and you know it's so stupid it's actually funny because the writer is taking it seriously?

Man, I was reading this stupid manga that's all about money and sex but she's trying to inject love into it as if it were the real deal. It was absolutely hilarious! Not to mention Mary-sue. But I kept reading it!!! Unbelievable.

Then I was reminded of those cheap novels (Kristine, or some other Tagalog 10 PHP novels) that my sister would read to relieve her stress because she said they were such no-brainers. They called it Bobo books for being very predictable, all about sex and money, and just hilarious.

and I wrote a text wall. just goes to show I'm a bum reading manga all day. And watching American Idol in between.
    Last edited by baboysai; March 03, 2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

oh you know I don't venture out of the comfort zone.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    and I wrote a text wall. just goes to show I'm a bum reading manga all day. And watching American Idol in between.
    this season has so much talent! i cant believe i passed on the previous eps. i dub this weekend the AI-weekend. TTYL
    Last edited by mangadictus; March 03, 2011 at 02:19 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast