Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinoy Community v. 17

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Quote Originally Posted by hunter71485 View Post
    true 3d games haven't been invented yet, kuro. whatever way you put it you only see 2 dimensions.
    Lol of course I'm talking about 3D rendered games. The study I read primarily looks at FPS shooters, but the same principles also apply to first-person POV games like the TES series, ME, KotOR and JE.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrayson_au
    Much safer argument is "Who should play Robin in any Christopher Nolan Batman sequal?" Personally, I say lady gaga. He's totally right for the role.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by hunter71485; April 26, 2011 at 07:23 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

@MJ- I was able to handle KOTOR well since I could pause... but anything that's both an FPS and fast paced, I hurl.

@Hunt- I pre-ordered my copy out of loyalty and got all 3 DA2 DLCs for free, that's good enough for me.

What's better, a Vanguard or a Soldier? Oh, and if I load my ME1 save, does my ME2 Shepard retain the class of the ME1 save?

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

vanguard = shotgun-focused charging front liner with biotics.
    soldier = full access to all weapon types, lack of biotic/tech offset by adrenaline ability. I recommend this for a true fps experience.

(though personally i'd go with an infiltrator xD)

re: save
    Spoiler: you can change your class because  show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, infiltrator is the best. They can get soldier-like combat bonuses plus can do the thief stuff.

But biotics are still a more fun experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrayson_au
    Much safer argument is "Who should play Robin in any Christopher Nolan Batman sequal?" Personally, I say lady gaga. He's totally right for the role.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for a total steamroll build. Minimal cover, maximum rape. Which one is better?

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

go sentinel. it got tech armor which explodes when you take too many hits. explosion can knock the enemies off their feet. be aware that you'd be solely CQB mode when using weapons most of the time then.

on the plus side, you got anti-shield tech and biotics such as throw and warp. seems pretty rape to me.

(except for the last boss, which i presume you'd use your heavy weapons to make a permanent solution)
    Last edited by hunter71485; April 27, 2011 at 04:49 AM.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is telling me different things... My friend told me to roll a Soldier, the forums are torn between Vanguards and Adepts, and now you're telling me to go Sentinel. zzzzzz...

For some reason, Mass Effect keeps on glitching on me. I can run DA2 on high smoothly, but for some reason Mass Effect (set to medium) is a bitch.
    Last edited by Paper; April 27, 2011 at 04:57 AM.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

-_- The problem with having a supervisor the same age as you is that... it's hard to communicate.

Our sous chef sure can cook and she's damn good on the line, but management-wise, she sucks. I don't even wanna go into the details.

What do you do when your rights as stated by the labor code are violated but you don't wanna quit your job?

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

@l4pb
    tried patching it?

@bb
    you suck it up and get numb to criticism?

ps. l4pb you said minimum cover. biotics take cover most of the freakin time.
    Last edited by hunter71485; April 27, 2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

@BB- You just have to grin and bear it. I've worked in two other kitchens and one hotel before deciding to finally go back to college, and there was always at least one person that I couldn't stand (who was my superior or has been there longer than me). If you really love your job, then you'll be able to muster the will to just ignore them.

@Hunt- Patching right now. I saw a video of some dude just charging head first into random mobs as a Vanguard... looked pretty cool.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

dude, criticism is not a problem for me because I'm mature enough, and I'm actually doing a good job.

she doesn't know how to handle a team, that's what. Her leadership sucks. Like, how do you tell your boss that? Here's how: you can't. Especially because the HR is also estranged to us. We have no system of communication for our concerns. We don't have meetings, which is essential in running a team, it's a basic leadership thing. Corny, sure, but it goddamn matters.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mangadictus's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

@bb
    -open forums and focus group discussions always yields positive outcomes, be it small or big. but first, you have to 'win the crowd' before you throw in a suggestion like this. its always wise to have sub woofer than a satellite speaker.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

well can your leader handle criticism like a mature person bb?

@l4pb
    i think i'm gonna roll a sentinel for a third playthrough. focusing on biotics when shielded enemies are immune to it is kinda annoying.

but at any rate, get the nuke gun - called cain or something like that. always goes with a BANG (but unless you got the arrival dlc, it's a one shot per mission.)

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ngerk. before I can rally anyone to any side, there is no forum to be had. Like, how do you start one if you're not the sup? tangna.

I really hate it when she compares her work times with ours when she's better compensated and shit. Duh, she's at supervisory level, she's paid a fixed rate, so of course her hours and times don't matter to us measly employees. Our rates are daily, we have no other motivation to keep working other than proper treatment and respect of our human rights. Or pure love for the job. but not everybody has the latter.

I'm mature enough to let things get by, since I can also understand how the business works. But for the rest of the employees without education, they will never understand unless they are talked to about it, or if they are made to see the big picture.

We've had 5 incidents in one month about hair in the food. And I look at them and they deny it (sous chef included) when their hairs are all over the place (she doesn't even tie her hair!!!! she just bundles it up hoping the bandana will hold it but busy times would cause them to fall). I politely shared to her my experience with other kitchens, how I really keep my hair in place with some fifty hair clips, etc. Then she tells me she doesn't have the time for it.

She, being the sous chef, should understand that 2 minutes of her day to keep her hair tidy is going to save her years of reputation. Besides, how could she still deny this after 5, I repeat, FIVE Complaints within a month of opening??? And she doesn't even understand that! And I couldn't tell her this because she was the goddamn sous chef and I was a mere contractual.

I don't even want to go into other details about breaks, staff meals, and days off. The list really goes on.

Thread Closed
Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast