Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I used to play MMORPG...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mama Satsuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to play MMORPG...

Hullo everyone! I am not exactly new to MH, since I've been checking here for discussion/prediction stuff from FullMetal Alchemist back then, but this is my first time making an account xD

The name is Patrícia, and I am a 21 years old Itachi fangirl
    I was born and live in Brazil, where the beaches have dark muddy water, and people do not walk around naked

My all time favourite anime is Card Captor Sakura, mostly because it was my first. The one manga I consider almost flawless is Full Metal Alchemist; Arakawa did wrong in NOT pairing up the Royai couple

I live with mommy, daddy, older sister and younger brother. And cat. That's pretty much everyone.

I am at university studying to be a Nurse (lady nurse), from 8am to 6pm. Don't know out there, but here in Brazil it is actually university stuff. I study at the best University in Latin America, USP (University of Sao Paulo), which is public (yay!), so daddy only pays up for food. And transport.

EIGHT hours a DAY to go there and come back.

I like animals, cats and birds at my top 10.
    I love chocolate. It's a PMSing girl's best friend.

I'm a gamer girl giving priority to casual games, but play anything that has either a good plot, pretty graphics, or handsome-bishie looking guys.
    MMORPG ruined my life back in 2007. But I still love it

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I used to play MMORPG...

Hi Mama Satsuki!! FMA is the greatest manga ever, you have great taste! Other than Card Captor and FMA, what mangas do you read?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats up Mama Satsuki

Are you an OP fan
    Favorite Band
    Favorite Book[non Manga]
    Favorite Movie
    Favorite Beer
    Favorite Liquor
    Would you like to join the Fun Forum

Again welcome hope to see you in future threads

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hullo there nice to meet you

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there! You're an active member of the General Discussions area. I like you for that.

By the way, you played Ragnarok Online, right? Is it all right if we talk about that game here in your thread?

What were your jobs back then? Mine were High Priest, Alchemist, and Assassin Cross.

Too bad I am no longer playing because of my work.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am currently reading Chrono Crusade. I watched the anime and loved it, so I am buying the mangas (which means, I will take forever to read it). Other than that, I came back to read Negima after giving up this series (it got better now!), Pokémon Adventures manga, Naruto (just to see how it ends, not a big fan as of Shippuden), Sankarea! It's funny, really. Currently reading, that's probably all. I have others finished that I loved/liked, such as Fruits Basket, Chobits, Shaman King (never ended...), Death Note, Blade of Immortal (after the big hiatus, I forgot to keep reading), Ragnarok Manwa (my sister bought all those x_x)... there are many more... Glad you didn't ask anime, else I wouldn't have space here.

@Channy: Not really an OP fan, sorry! I used to watch it with my cousin, but we quarreled so much about... stuff, that I ended up giving up the series. Might give it another chance, thougth, worked with Negima.

Band: Vocaloid counts? Not really into bands, I like individual songs of everyone out there. At least one per singer.

Book: ooh, hard one. I LOVE mythology, so Odyssey (by Homer) is great, just depends on the publisher. But book book, the one I can read all the time without finding annoying is Pride and Prejudice. I just skip to the funny parts, it's comedy to me, not romance. I liked the Harry Potter series, but found the second-last book really boring Deathly Hollows made up for it. I detest Twilight almost poked my eyes out at the first page, sorry. Handbooks I have, other than mythology, are usually Aesop Fables. (had to look up the name, in portuguese we call him Esopo xD) Other than that, most are Portuguese literature, so I don't know if you'd be interested in titles

Movie: Mononoke Hime and Sen to Chihiro. Saw Chihiro first, and now I am a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki. Oh, and Disney's The Fox and the Hound, I always cry at the part where the old lady takes the fox to the forest...

Beer: don't drink, sorry!
    Liquor: only inside chocolate xD

I'm checking the forums still, so much happening everywhere...

@shaheer: nice to meet ya too!

@ateelwingcrash1: I like being liked, thanks!
    I played Ragnarok only since 2006 until... 2009. I stopped in 2009 to study, and didn't manage to go back to it... yet.

My jobs included, first and foremost, a Creator. Great way to cash in some money, loot armour and other junk (I collected jellopy ). I had an Assassin Cross just for vengeance kill things my Creator couldn't kill with Acid Demonstration, such as ghosts and the like. High Priest only for when there were too few on WoEs My first character was a Wizard with 15 on strength. I didn't know she wouldn't need it

I don't mind talking about Ragnarok here (or other MMOs actually. FlyForFun was boring, thougth. Took forever to level up to lvl5...)

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

lol. I've been the laziest anime fan, I'm not watching any at the moment so I forgot to ask :x

Chrno Crusade has been on my reading list forever and I keep putting it off. Everyone I know who's read it loves it, when I finally read it I'll probably be disappointed I didn't sooner. Right now I'm reading another I've been putting off for years, Piano no Mori. So far a lovely series. I'm reading Sankarea too. Whenever chapter 15 is scanlated come discuss!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually like whatever it is I did first. If I watched anime first, then the manga usually is crap for me. If it was the manga first, the anime is much like a movie of the book, pure dung.

But I actually got to compare the first few volumes of Chrono Crusade with the first few episodes, and the manga seems superior.

If I loved the anime and the manga is doing better... I'm in for something good

Sankarea is great! I was actually about to go to bed (10pm) when I started reading, and had to skip my sleep time until 6am to finish reading. Got to love undead girlfriends...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I always end up getting impatient and reading the manga first, if I know the anime is coming. I was an anime fan first so there are a few like Inuyasha, FMA, and Akira that I watched before I read. But I usually end up comparing the anime to the manga. There are a few series I think work better as anime: Natsume's Book of Friends comes to mind. As long as the anime doesn't feel like a recap of the manga, I feel like it's worthy.

I love Sanka! She's the most adorable zombie girlfriend ever. Wanko is my favorite character though, she's so funny!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whos your favorite Homunculus in FMA
    Whos your Favorite State Alchemist

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mama Satsuki!

It's too bad you didn't join in the FMA convos while it was still running! (Great taste there, btw ) But I understand. I think almost everyone lurks for a good amount of time before making an account. I did the same thing.

So, you're a big fan of Royai? It was so disappointing not to see them 'officially' get together. What other pairings do you like (from any series)? Who are your favorite bishies?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

We have few similarities:
    • FMA
    • Animals
    • Games
    What kind of birds you like?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaiten: I wait forever to start seeing a series. So, unless it's pretty long (Naruto, Negima), I usually get to see it after it's ending. I was lucky FMA was released slowly, or I'd have seen at it's end too.
    Sankarea was a lucky shot, some wiki surfing at TvTropes led me to Sankarea. I like Mero, Furuya's little sister. She remembers me a little of Anju-chan, in the Karin manga. Without the creep factor, or the scary doll, but cute either way. I think I like little sisters (hope not to turn into some kind of Kirino)

@Channy:
    Homunculus: Greed!Ling!! Didn't care much about Greed before Ling. I also love Pride, he's so cute <3
    State Alchemist: Roy Mustang, no questions there. I only went to read FMA manga because the movie let me with a Royai taste on the mouth, and I needed moar...
    You didn't ask, but I also like Olivier Armstrong. She's not a state alchemist, so... xD

@igotthegoods: wish I was there... I mean, I would have worked well on the predictions department. Only thing I got wrong on the last chapters was the Royai couple
    Royai got me back on FMA, that's for sure. I watched the anime YEARS ago, and the movie I got to see only in 2008, while I was studying (or supposed to study) to get into university. Then I was like: cute couple!, and since the anime didn't give much on that I resorted to the manga. Loved it. It was disappointing to see EVERYONE hooked up (ok, not everyone...), minus them. They had the best interaction so far in the series! Why, Arakawa, WHY?

Pairing: I love pairing anything that moves. It started back in CCSakura when I paired Eriol and Tomoyo (I'm weird like that). Most couples I like are either canon or complete crack. And I rarely pair yaoi or yuri; when I do, it's usually canon.
    FMA: Royai, Ed Winry, Al May, Ling LanFan are my top fave list.
    Zelda(games!): Zelda and Link. Aaand that's all. I just think they should get together already. Oh, and Nayru (the oracle, not the goddess) and Ralph. Childhood friends, that always work.
    Inuyasha: get everything that is canon. And Sesshoumaru could go with anyone, it woul work.
    Naruto: when I started, I used to pair Shikamaru and Ino. I like Ino, and their interactions were funny - bossy girl and lazy guy. But then, Temari came to talk to him a lot... *sigh*. I like Naruto and Hinata a lot, and am pissed off that Kishimoto won't decide his pairings already. Neji Tenten is funny in my head, so I pair them up! Kiba Hinata, in case Naruhina sinks. I want Sasuke dead, so I don't care about who he likes.
    Bleach: not many pairings for me, hehe! Aside from Momo and Hitsugaya, don't know who goes where. I really don't know what to do with Rukia, and Orihime isn't a favourite character, so I don't care much about her... I pair drinking buddies (Yoruichi Urahara), does that count? Didn't consider Bleach past episode 63, so it all could change. It is a loved series until ep63, and a hated series afterwards
    Negima: too many characters, and too few guys. Only Natsumi and Kotarou works for me, but I'm cheering Nodoka on the Negi race. Evangeline needs no one!
    Fruits Basked: I paired Yuki with Tohru before Machi made an appearance! Sorry!! But I LOVE Yuki and Machi together, more than Tohru Kyo (I... don't like this one that much). Hiro and Kisa is adorable in oh so many levels...

If I took every series I've watched so far, this list wouldn't have ended, so ask again about specific series if you want xD

Oh yeah, bishies: Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha), Kagehisa Anotsu (Blade of Immortal), Killua (ok, a shouta. HunterxHunter), Kurama (YuYuHakusho). There's more, but I need to go clean the house brb

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mama Satsuki.

I'm sorry, I wasn't an Alchemist. I, too, was a creator. But you know, I never really liked the melee professions because I feel stupid when I'm controlling them. For instance, my assassin cross is of the highest level but I always died using it because I don't how to use it. My character is totally humiliated because of me.

Rather, I prefer the long-ranged and support classes like HP, Biochemists, and High Wizards.

How about you? What do you prefer most: melee, long-range, or support classes?
    What was the build-up of your creator? Int 99 - Dex 80 - Vit 75?
    Have you tried playing the 3rd jobs now?

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Mama Satsuki...I play RPG! But I don't really like MMO's because they seem to have no purpose, story etc...but that's why I'm looking forward to SW: The Old Republic...what other games do you like?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast