Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I used to play MMORPG...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mama Satsuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I used to play MMORPG...

Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    My character is totally humiliated because of me.
    Owned! My Sinx had the sole purpose of killing anything that killed my Creator. Since Acid Demonstration had higher destruction power the more Vit the enemy had, if I couldn't kill it with the Creator, it was like cutting butter with a hot knife with my Sinx. If my Creator couldn't damage much, that meant they had low Vit, which means, low HP. Ahh, sweet sweet vengeance victory...

I prefer long-range (I think it was HighWizard? AcidDemonstration Creator), but my Creator served more of a support role. I usually would heal people (once killed my guild's leader because he put an armour that made him Undead ), use Full Protection on everyone... and fire. I would keep using Demonstration near the doors on WoEs just to break the enemies weapons. I got yelled a lot, but it was nice to see Assasin Crosses trying to break the Emperium with their bare hands and not noticing the bummer was when a party member would forget to get the Chemical Protection, and I was to blame.

My Creator had High Int and Dex, but I didn't put many points in Vit. I actually wasted some in Str, so I could hold more crap equipments. Err, don't know the name, but you know that little bar where you could put your skills for easy access? Well, mine had only AcidDemo, Demonstration, PotionPitcher for healing and Full Protection. Any other free space was for me to keep changing equipment. I had armours to freeze (Marc card?), and if the enemy attacking me had protection to freezing, I'd put something to cause stone/sleep status. Even the weapon I used was either to a) raise my Int, or b) cause status. If I couldn't kill them one way, I'd try the other.

never played any 3rd jobs yet. I stopped playing when Creator was still the highest I could get

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Hi there Mama Satsuki...I play RPG! But I don't really like MMO's because they seem to have no purpose, story etc...but that's why I'm looking forward to SW: The Old Republic...what other games do you like?
    I LOVE RPG in general. MMOs doesn't have much (if any) story, but they make up for it by having such a big multiplayer

My my, RPGs... lemme see.

Well, The Legend of Zelda is a personal favourite. I first played Ocarina of Time in 2007, and I was left with an open mouth when it ended. It was just epic, no words can describe the feeling. I got Twilight Princess in 2009 when I first had my Wii (yay!) and it was great. Looked like Ocarina, with better graphics. It just wasn't as new a experience as Ocarina was, but it was great either way. Every title I can remember touching truly amused me, be it console or portable (Minish Cap was truly cute). I want to play WindWaker and related, but no GameCube for me... not even the controller to play on the Wii...

I'm also a fan of the Fire Emblem series, but am a little scared of starting Radiant Dawn. I mean, letting a character die is sometimes part of a strategy. If they die for good... oh noes!

I like fantasy RPGs the most, with titles like Atelier Iris coming to mind. Don't know if you ever heard of it, it's 2D But it's soo cute! Arc the Lad as well. I played two titles, but I am not sure of the first (it was back when it was named just AtLI or AtLII xD). But it was so long ago (my cousin still had his Playstation I). Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits I had to borrow my cousin's PS2 and game (I am Nintendo, he is Sony in regards of gaming). I actually fell in love with the characters. The graphics are awful now that I look at it, but it was so fun... I still remember most characters calling their attacks

Others that I've played... oh, Radiata Stories! I actually started playing for the funny, but stayed for the drama. Choosing sides to battle for was great, and I'm glad I went with Ridley (the other option's end felt like a bad ending)

In most RPG I value the story/plot and graphics more than gameplay, so... yeah. Don't care much about how the fighting works in the game, but if I get to like the characters enough I'd probably keep resetting the game everytime someone fainted/lost a chance to gain exp.

Final Fantasy, never bought but was lent FFX. It was nice and all, great after getting the hand of the battles, I spammed Bahamut in easy battles, but it was no Zelda game I liked Tidus, but Yuna was getting on my nerves by the end. Rikku made up for that I remember the old FF games being more enjoyable, and was thinking of getting the remakes for DS (whenever I get a DS, that is). FFX was a nice experience, but not the kind of RPG I'd play again after finishing it. In Zelda you can always try to finish 100%, Atelier Iris: Azoth of Destiny I started again to see if I could finish the last battle in less than 2 hours (how much it took the first time, hehe). FFX just didn't appeal me enough to keep going or do better a second time. It was actually easy to finish the first time

Not exactly RPG, but I also like farming simulation games (namely: Harvest Moon), and recently their franchise added the Fantasy and RPG mechanics to some titles (namely, Rune Factory). Rune Factory Frontier is like playing Zelda, but being able to marry someone and ditch dungeon crawling for a farm life. Or do both. Mounting a wolf. (but I'd never replace Epona, nono!)

And Pokémon, strategy-and-somehow-RPG game! The plot is just an excuse, but the game is fun and I get easily attached to my pokemon. I'd need another thread just to talk about my Ivysaur... Never got'em all, won't ever try. I'm terrible at strategies, or making the best team, but I have fun trying to win with the one I have.

If I remember more I will try to post xD

Which RPGs do you like playing? Any title I could get for Wii?
    Last edited by Mama Satsuki; February 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

So UR a console player...I'm more of a PC player myself, never really had the knack for consoles...Mass Effect 2 is being released on PS3 I think, and that's definitely worth it...if you haven't played the first one then you should definitely play it

I'm a Gothic series fan, and in general I like all sorts of RPG if the graphics are good...so I'm playing Dragon age origins now, and I just finished The Witcher...I had my fair share in RTS as well
    Last edited by benelori; February 17, 2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, console for me. I like many japanese RPG, most for consoles such as PS2, and know very few titles for PC that interest me

PC I usually play emulators tower defense games, and even some RTS actually. The first I played, as far as I can remember, was Populous the Beginning; it was a demo that came together with a Sim City CD (which Sim City I have no idea, probably 2000). Then I got to play Commandos with my dad, I was better than him at finding out what to do. Age of Empires I just watched by my father's shoulder, didn't really understand much of it back then. After those, I kind of moved to console for other genres.

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Hello,

We have few similarities:
    • FMA
    • Animals
    • Games
    What kind of birds you like?
    So sorry, I skipped you! I usually take over 2 hours to post when the text is too long (keep checking to see if I can make it better xD), so I didn't see you had posted before I did...

I love love love swimming birds! One of my favourites is... well, I don't really know how to translate it to english, hehe. The portuguese name is Atobá or Mergulhão, tried checking wikipedia to see if I could find anything on it's english name... well, it's a diving bird. I saw him when I was little in an Animal Planet program. I saw one flying into the water and thougth that it was weird because the animal could walk, fly AND swim, while most can do only two of those. I didn't know many animals back then and the program was making a big fuss over this fact, I thougth it was a huge deal...

There was also another one, much smaller, that would come flying, dive, and go out while hunting (fishing). Don't know it's name... but the video of the birdie flying head first to the water was fantastic. I also love penguins, they look incredibly cute swimming.

Edit 1: hehe, I was looking for other names to the bird, and found out that it's a Booby. I saw a pair of Boobies perched on a rock today xD

Edit 2: I also love Owls. Wisdom-related, and also goddess Athena's symbol animal.
    Last edited by Mama Satsuki; February 17, 2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: I saw boobies!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I see...well stuff like Mass Effect, Force Unleashed are out on console as well, U should definitely check those out....

How did you find MH?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I first found out MH when I was reading FullMetal Alchemist. Although my sister does know FullMetal, it's only based on what we saw on the first anime, so I didn't have anyone to discuss the series with

lurking around google, I saw many sites where people discussed FMA, but this was the only one which provided links to raws and the like, and where people actually comented something other than the fights or things like "woah, Roy Mustang is soooooooo good looking....". Like I didn't know that

I avoided raws, but actually got to see spoilers on the last three chapters

anyway, since then this is the first place I go to look for updates and see what everyone else is thinking about the series I like.
    Last edited by Mama Satsuki; February 17, 2011 at 03:02 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: I used to play MMORPG...

Hello Mama Satsuki,

Welcome to MH and the zone. How are you doing? Best wishes on your studies.

Take care, lordHokage.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    Hello Mama Satsuki,

Welcome to MH and the zone. How are you doing? Best wishes on your studies.

Take care, lordHokage.
    Haha, thank you! I am doing great, just sad because class starts monday...

Take care as well!

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

HIIIIIIIII!!!!

Have you heard of Maplestory?
    What is your favorite MMORPG'S Ost or soundtracks?
    What is your favorite game that is not a rpg?

Who's that in your avatar?

Hahahaha , I'm sorry with so many questions! Nice to meet you, my name is Zeltrax, from the power rangers series!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Satsuki View Post
    I first found out MH when I was reading FullMetal Alchemist. Although my sister does know FullMetal, it's only based on what we saw on the first anime, so I didn't have anyone to discuss the series with

lurking around google, I saw many sites where people discussed FMA, but this was the only one which provided links to raws and the like, and where people actually comented something other than the fights or things like "woah, Roy Mustang is soooooooo good looking....". Like I didn't know that

I avoided raws, but actually got to see spoilers on the last three chapters

anyway, since then this is the first place I go to look for updates and see what everyone else is thinking about the series I like.
    That's awesome...I like that you were in for another level of convo...do you read any other manga now that FMA is over?

And btw...what's UR opinion on that little gaiden, that was released by Arakawa after the series ended?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    HIIIIIIIII!!!!

Have you heard of Maplestory?
    What is your favorite MMORPG'S Ost or soundtracks?
    What is your favorite game that is not a rpg?

Who's that in your avatar?

Hahahaha , I'm sorry with so many questions! Nice to meet you, my name is Zeltrax, from the power rangers series!
    Oh, hello there! xD Don't worry about the questions, I like talking about myself if you didn't notice

MapleStory: YES! I've heard of it. I actually presented it to my little cousing so he could play something else (his mother said Ragnarok was a bad influence on his studies... not that Maple Story helped much )

Favourite Ost... none really, I never did pay much attention to music during my games (playing mostly at night, with dad and mom sleeping and not knowing I was online xD). My favourite "soundtrack" though, is the sound of dying Roda Frog and Pupa on ragnarok brings me back to leveling up when I first started.

Fav game that is not RPG... well, for once, The Legend of Zelda (action adventure) series are my top favourites. But if that doesn't counts... um... sheesh, I really don't know. I like old games such as Sonic (the OLD games) and Mario (Super Mario Bros), but a specific game is hard to choose. I grew up playing Nintendo, so most of the games I play are from them (even the old Donkey Kong games), and the games from Sony (and Sega Saturn and the likes) I borrowed from my cousin, were mostly RPGs as well.

That in my avatar is Evangeline A.K. McDowell, from Mahou Sensei Negima. She's a badass loli

Edit: just asked my mom what was my favourite video-game other than Zelda. She knows me better than myself... Bomberman. I loved one of the versions for SNES, and used to spent most of my vacation just blowing up the other bombers. Multiplayer was even better, even if by "multi" it means just me and my sister

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    That's awesome...I like that you were in for another level of convo...do you read any other manga now that FMA is over?

And btw...what's UR opinion on that little gaiden, that was released by Arakawa after the series ended?
    I loved it that Arakawa made something more for FMA. The art is still great, and the story is even better. Seeing Al's temporary body getting a nice sendout was meaningful at least. Really deep, done well, as usual for her.

BUT! I really did hope she was going to show something, ANYTHING, about certain characters that didn't have a proper ending IMO. Sure, by the end of the series I knew Ed and Winry got together, and that Al and Ed traveled by themselves for a time. But, really? What about Roy (and Riza??)? Even Havoc's life interested me more than Al's armour.

But she did well. I mean, the Armour's whereabouts was the last thing on my mind, and she did something so good out of it...

Meh, I loved it either way; not what I wanted, but everything she does is always for the best of this series it seems.

I hope she will keep releasing more of it. Specially for my little Royai heart, that died little by little since the fateful "LIEUTENANT!", chapter 100 last page. I mean, after chapter 95 I was really hoping for something, and then the perfect opportunity for crying "RIZA!", and what he does? Pull rank. Yeah, well done Colonel...

Ahem. Now that FullMetal is over... Currently only checking in on Negima, Naruto and Sankarea. Naruto giving me headaches and some heartaches (Asuma...). Ooh, and some Nanoha stuff (MSenki, Vivio, manga of the movie), but those are rarely updated, so I only check every few weeks or so. Going to try Fairy Tail this weekend (my cousin's request), but right now I'm a little busy (yay, school...), and a friend wants me to watch Glee o.õ

hmm... is Black Lagoon over already? Got my hands on one volume recently, seems interesting.
    Last edited by Mama Satsuki; February 22, 2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: I get excited and forget to answer stuff

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there! I'll send you a link of this song. Try to guess what this is (although the name will immediately show you).

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I see you're a gamer-girl, have you ever tried out RTS games or are you a pure mmorpg gamer?
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Satsuki View Post
    Oh, hello there! xD Don't worry about the questions, I like talking about myself if you didn't notice

MapleStory: YES! I've heard of it. I actually presented it to my little cousing so he could play something else (his mother said Ragnarok was a bad influence on his studies... not that Maple Story helped much )
    I know what you mean, I showed it to my junior and got him hooked but that was years ago! I still love maple although I never play it anymore

Quote Quote:
    Favourite Ost... none really, I never did pay much attention to music during my games (playing mostly at night, with dad and mom sleeping and not knowing I was online xD). My favourite "soundtrack" though, is the sound of dying Roda Frog and Pupa on ragnarok brings me back to leveling up when I first started.
    Oh? I should really check out Ragnarok music, I don't play it so I won't know but since you said it, I want to listen to it now

Quote Quote:
    Fav game that is not RPG... well, for once, The Legend of Zelda (action adventure) series are my top favourites. But if that doesn't counts... um... sheesh, I really don't know. I like old games such as Sonic (the OLD games) and Mario (Super Mario Bros), but a specific game is hard to choose. I grew up playing Nintendo, so most of the games I play are from them (even the old Donkey Kong games), and the games from Sony (and Sega Saturn and the likes) I borrowed from my cousin, were mostly RPGs as well.
    My maple character was named after zelda, I just changed the "a" in zelda to "y" to become Zeldy.
    I know zelda is a girl, so that's why
    Do you own a ds? There's awesome zelda games on them, and a zelda game is coming out for the new handheld, the 3DS

Quote Quote:
    That in my avatar is Evangeline A.K. McDowell, from Mahou Sensei Negima. She's a badass loli
    She reminds me of victorique from Gosick, just that she seems more tsundere
    Quote Quote:
    Edit: just asked my mom what was my favourite video-game other than Zelda. She knows me better than myself... Bomberman. I loved one of the versions for SNES, and used to spent most of my vacation just blowing up the other bombers. Multiplayer was even better, even if by "multi" it means just me and my sister
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Ah the classic bomberman. I don't really play it that much back then but I still remember how fun it was..bombing my silly cousin who have no idea how to play. I know, it's fun even when there's just two person

Anyway, I have another question! What are the anime you are watching now?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, class is back again! As usual, hating waking up early and going out of bed, but... meh. Do what, it's either that or work for little money doing something I don't even like.

News: got a new cat! Kitten! It's black! Another black one... Now I look like a witch when I go put garbage out in the morning: bed hair, baggy clothes, long black skirt, and two black cats in tow.
    The new black boy is named Jinx

Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    Hi there! I'll send you a link of this song. Try to guess what this is (although the name will immediately show you).
    The name did show up, sorry! Haha, I actually rarely played Ragnarok with music, but my sister had that one downloaded on her phone Seriously, all I remember from my Ragnarok play-time were the sound of dying monsters, spell casting... and dying monsters. I even asked my sister where in the game did Prontera theme play

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    I see you're a gamer-girl, have you ever tried out RTS games or are you a pure mmorpg gamer?
    Hehe, MMORPG are hardly my favourite kind Let's see, RTS... Well, my first game from that kind was from the Commandos series (played with dad, yay!). Which one I'm not sure, one of the first, but there was this level with a Zoo where you went as a spy. It was fun, I kept replaying that level just to see the lions and hide inside a dead elephant...

After that, Populous The Beginning. Reeeeally fun, but there was this one level... nevermind, not enough time to talk about it

I also had a try at Fat Princess (does it counts? it's online ) and Patapon (FEVER!), but since it was on my cousin's PSP, I never got to finish T_T. Not sure if Patapon counts as RTS; once you play times enough, you know when to attack and all. The enemy's actions aren't random enough, I dunno...

This semester I'm going to try Pikmin for Wii, just need to wait and see how badly I go at my exams (first time working with live people, let's see how many I kill ) Also got Age of Mythology and of EmpiresIII, but my computer broke (yay high-quality-video-games and nay-low-quality-video-card!) so it will take a while to play (borrowing sister's computer; it doesn't support games well enough )

Other RTS I play, and this will sound dumb, but most are Flash Games in some kids sites. Ever heard of Neopets? Well, there are a few there

Also, taking opinions on what should I play next! My cousin is going to borrow Mass Efect for PS3 and lend me for a while. As soon as he fixes his PS3 (Red Screen of Death! And people pick on the Wii. TAKE THAT SONY!)
    Last edited by Mama Satsuki; March 11, 2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mudkip! I mean, hi Mama Satsuki! Haha CCS was really fun! Did you watch Tsubasa Chronicles? What MMORPGs do you play? (:

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast