Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The MangaHelpers Anime Awards Nominations Thread

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Anime Awards Nominations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm not sure to understand what a slice of life anime means, but I think that Windy Tales fit it. The story was simple but the design was original.

"Slice of life is a term that refers to a naturalistic representation of real life, sometimes used as an adjective, as in "a play with 'slice of life' dialogue." It is the realistic description or representation of events and situations in everyday life. A slice of life story is a category for a story that portrays a "cut-out" sequence of events in a character's life. It may or may not contain any plot progress and little character development, and often has no exposition, conflict, or dénouement, with an open ending. It usually tries to depict the everyday life of ordinary people, sometimes but rarely, with fantasy or science fiction elements involved. The term slice of life is actually a dead metaphor: it often seems as if the author had taken a knife and "cut out" a slice of the lives of some characters, without concern for narrative form. It is sometimes called tranche de vie, from the French."

Windy Tales does fit the definition of “slice of life” anime.

Cool nominations, k-dom! Thank you for posting them!
    Best new serie : fractale, at least it is not a serie issue from a manga so there is the pleasure of the discovery
    Fractale is a great series; unfortunately it can’t participate in the “best new series” category. Why? Because only anime from 2010 will be accepted for this award category. Could you please nominate another anime that you think deserves to participate as “best anime for 2010/best new series”?
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 22, 2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Alrighty, here are some of my nominations. I haven't decided for some, so I'll add those once I have

Best Male Lead: Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    I've always considered him the epitome of or very definition of GAR. He's a brilliant character who fights for his dreams, believes in them no matter what, and is always able to wear a smile on his face and encourage the people around him with his energy and vitality.

Best Female Lead: Suzumiya Haruhi from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
    Hyperactive, obnoxious, bossy... Haruhi is all of that and more. If she gets bored (or has any major mood swings), it could spell the end of the world. How crazy is that?

Best Male Supporting: Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist
    So I'm nominating Mustang again for this category. I think people must be bored of my going on about why I like Mustang already

Best Female Supporting: supporting Asuka Langley Soryu from Evangelion

Best Male Seiyuu: Miyano Mamoru
    I love this guy's range. He can be cool and refreshing (Tamaki from Ouran High School, Masaomi from Durarara!!), deep and serious (Setsuna from Gundam 00), downright evil (Light from Death Note)

Best Female Seiyuu: Tomatsu Haruka
    She has a pretty wide range - hyper and energetic (Mileina in Gundam 00), sarcastic and evil (Megumi in Shiki), quiet and subdued (Sakana-chan in Star Driver)... I was pretty surprised to discover Sakana-chan and Megumi were voiced by the same person. Plus, she has a great voice (CBlitz nominated an insert song by her, Monochrome from Star Driver)!

Best Insert Song: Nyan Nyan Service Medley from Macross Frontier
    This song is pretty amazing because it's a medley of a lot of the insert songs from Macross Frontier. Which, by the way, has an amazing tracklist of insert songs. So I guess I'm cheating a little by nominating this medley, but it is a really good one and I like how the songs lead into each other, especially from the first song (Lion) to the second (Infinity) with the "nemuranai" harmony between May'n and Nakajima Megumi. My only gripe is that Northern Cross was excluded from the medley

Best Comedy: Ouran High School Host Club
    I was actually going to support Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu but since it has a good number of votes already I'm going with this. It was a great comedy and made me laugh a lot. It had a great cast of amusing characters!

Best Romance: 5 Centimeters per Second
    A heart wrenching romance that really calls forth your emotions as you watch it. Although the story itself is fairly hackneyed, it is the portrayal that makes it so good. The characters are simple and yet complex, the art is pretty and layered, and the music really brings out the mood.

Best Action: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    A lot of really epic battles and mecha. At first the mecha might seem a little strange but once you get used to their quirks you'll love them! The fights are so blood-pumping, amusing and over-the-top!

Best Mystery: supporting Death Note.

Best Slice of Life: Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
    I liked the message it carried - that every action has a consequence, and that the present will surely change and to look to the future and embrace it for what it is. It can be pretty thought-provoking, and the animation and soundtrack were great.

Best Horror: Shiki
    Some of the scenes will stay with me forever. For example, Toshio experimenting on a certain person... And the anime got even bloodier towards the end and more and more people died.

Best Sci-Fi: Neon Genesis Evangelion
    A classic anime that everyone just has to watch. It turned stereotypes on their heads and really created a buzz when it was airing, and for good reason. The ending is also pretty messed up and not a happy ending like most other series might offer.

Best Fantasy: Tonari no Totoro
    One of Ghibli's signature works. I don't think anyone can go without watching this!

Best Sports: Slam Dunk
    Slam Dunk in itself was a crazy popular manga series, but I was introduced to it via its anime and was enthralled by it. It was captivating, inspiring and comedic. Many of my guy friends started playing basketball because of Slam Dunk and I'm sure that says a lot. It is one of the most epic sports series Japan has seen.

Best Death: supporting
    Spoiler: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann show

Best Couple: Himura Kenshin x Yukishiro Tomoe from Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen
    Such a tragic couple ;___; Tomoe sought revenge against Kenshin but instead learnt to love again. Tomoe gives Kenshin a reason to live and renews his resolve to live his life for others and to help them, to see there is something beyond killing and a human behind the name Hitokiri Battousai.

Best OVA: Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen
    This is a beautiful yet tragic tale of a boy who has to grow up in the midst of chaos and turmoil. It is about how he finds his purpose in life, how he learns to love, and also about the people around him and the hardships of war. It is dark and brooding and emotional, very dramatic and just brilliant. History buffs will also love it.

Best Adaptation - Manga: supporting Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Best Adaptation - VN/Games: Fate/Stay Night
    The action and romance was very well done, and the animation and sountrack were all fantastic. The characters are interesting and mostly three dimensional, and they all have their own stories to tell.

Best Plot Twist:
    Spoiler: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann show

Best Original Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Epic show is epic.

Best Old School Anime: supporting Neon Genesis Evangelion

Best Anime for 2010: Durarara!!
    I would have gone with FMA:B but then it already has a good number of votes so I'm nominating this. It has a little bit of everything - action, romance, slice-of-life, mystery, supernatural... It also has a great cast of characters with some really epic ones like Heiwajima Shizuo. It has a good number of twists and shocking revelations that will keep you interested and intrigued, and it's always great to see how seemingly unrelated events actually link to each other and how people aren't always what they seem on the surface.

Best Ongoing Anime: supporting Star Driver.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Windy Tales does fit the definition of “slice of life” anime.
    Ok thanks for the clarification and I'm glad it works
    Fractale is a great series; unfortunately it can’t participate in the “best new series” category. Why? Because only anime from 2010 will be accepted for this award category. Could you please nominate another anime that you think deserves to participate as “best anime for 2010/best new series”?
    Ah sorry about that, then does Durarara works ? I didn't watch that many new series last year but this one was great. I hope we have new episodes soon

Edit : just see that saladesu post it too in the post just above me :-)
    Last edited by k-dom; February 23, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Horror:
    I support Higurashi for best horror, especially if you go in there unprepared..you'll have nightmares..like me..for several nights...oh and after the horror part, it is very very tense.

Best Ongoing anime:
    I support Star Driver for it's originality and how different it is, and the engaging characters, of course

Best OST/Soundtracks:
    Fairy Tail OSTs, especially this one.
    Gives you the WE ARE FAIRY TAIL feeling right off the bat.

Best Full Cast:
    Toaru Kagayaku no Railgun. The girls are each unique in their own way, with their own strengths, and I just love how they all work together towards the end.. I think the author made a great cast here.

Best Artwork/Art style:
    Bakemonogatari.

Best adaption for Manga:
    Bleach. They make it BETTER than the manga.

Best anime studio.
    I support Bones, for most of the time they do something, it's epic.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for those wonderful nominations, naruto-niikun!

The categories of Best Opening/Ending theme are all about the songs. So please feel free to nominate your favorite anisongs for those categories.
    ah thanks for the clarification des-chan!

Best Opening theme: Nico touches the Wall - Hologram (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP 2). I really loved this song and I'm still enjoying it. The song fits so well with the OP, it was absolutely great

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Best ending theme:
    For You By AZU used in Naruto Shippuden ENDING 12.
    I think this is a simple ending yet beautiful. Showing both the older and younger generation. The lyrics to the song is quite emotional and I thought azu did a perfect job!
    ITA! One of the best endings I have seen.
    Best ending theme - I want to support Zeltrax nomination of "AZU - For you".
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; February 23, 2011 at 08:42 AM.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think FMA really was blessed with some of the best opening and ending themes *points at naruto-niichan's nomination*

Best Opening Theme: SID - Rain (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OP5)
    The animation for this theme was really good, fit the lyrics of the song very well (too bad I couldn't find an eng subbed version on YT). I liked the imagery of rain washing away/hiding one's tears. The ending with Trisha holding out her hand and Winry sitting by Ed's bedside watching him sleep was so sweet. Also, I thought the lyrics were quite fitting for FMA as a series, especially as it was nearing its end, and I think that's important for any theme song. It is, after all, a "theme" song
    Spoiler: lyrics, translation slightly modified by me show

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Best ending theme- Ill be your home from Devil May Cry anime

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member maloose's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as it makes me glad to see Inuyasha being nominated, sadly we don’t have a Best Theme music category. So could you please nominate Inuyasha in other award categories that you think Inuyasha deserves to be a nominee? ^_^
    Actually I meant Best Anime Soundtrack, apparently you have this category . Honestly Inuyasha OST is amazing. Of course I can't say OST and not mention Katekyu hitman Reborn OST, but Inuyasha's has more impact

I'd like to add these nominees too:
    Best Full Cast: Eyeshield 21
    Best Plot Twist: Death Note
    Best Slice of Life: Clanned

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Male Lead
    Gintoki Sakata (Gintama), I feel his pain, as I am also a person with naturally wavy hair He's adapted to an era that that basically threw him away all the while keeping up those classic shounen ideals that never gets boring.

Best Male supporting character
    Gin Ichimaru (Bleach), His role doesn't seem significant, but his smug (to me anyways) personality always got under my skin making him memorable. He has played key roles in Aizens plans that always drove Ichigo into a corner. Notably Ichigo has not fought Gin and won.

Best Female Lead
    Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), The beautiful Harhui has charm and wit that has won me over. She treats her club member like a doll, blackmails class mates, and manipulates the universe, all the elements a female lead needs.

Ill add more tomorrow...

Best Opening Theme
    Cowboy Bebop, It has a classic Johnny Quest vibe to it.

Best Ending Theme
    Bleach Episodes 262-279 "Stay Beautiful" by Diggy-Mo

Best Anime Soundtrack
    Angel Beats

Best Comedy
    Gintama

Best Romance
    Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Will add more again

Best Action
    Helsing Ultimate

Best Slice of Life
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Best Horror
    Shiki

Best Sci-Fi
    Darker than Black

Best Fantasy
    Berserk

Best Costume Design
    Arakawa Under the Bridge

Best Villain
    Mukuro Rokudo, Reborn

Will add more
    Last edited by Jonjolt; March 01, 2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added some

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Since some of my choices were already nominated, i'll just post some bit of those not yet mentioned on my list..

Spoiler:  ...my nominees show

Gonna add some more if i remember some good stuff animation...

20. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I understood you can support some already nominated as only those which the most support become nominee

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Best insert song Parade - Paprika. "The Parade" is an important continuation theme and motif thorough the whole film and so is the song that accompanies it. Susumu Hirasawas song makes the effect of the event even more bizarre and dream like - it really supports the scenes. And it's an amazing piece of music to boot. Here is the parade as seen first time in the film. Here is the full song.

24. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Male Lead - Sebastian Michaelis (Kuroshitsuji)
    Best Female Lead - Suzumiya Haruhi (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu)
    Best Male Seiyuu - Tomokazu Sugita
    Best Female Seiyuu - Kugiyama Rei (Tsundere rocks!!!)
    Best Opening Theme - Fastforward by Monkey Majik; in Nurarihyon no Mago OP1
    Best Ending Theme - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu [hare hare yukai ]
    Best Insert Song - Fuwa Fuwa Time (K-On!)
    Best Anime Soundtrack - Naruto Shippuuden (Yasuhara)
    Best Comedy - Gintama
    Best Drama - Clannad
    Best Mystery - Death Note
    Best Slice of Life - K-On!!
    Best Sci-Fi - Gundam Wing
    Best Fantasy - Mononoke Hime
    Best Fight - Naruto vs. Sasuke at the Valley of the End (Naruto)
    Best Kiss - Morita and Hagu-chan (Honey and Clover)
    Best Animation OVAs - Tsubasa Chronicles Tokyo Revelations OVA
    Best Animation Movies - Mononoke Hime
    Best Movie - Spirited Away
    Best Adaptation – Light Novel - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
    Best Adaptation – Visual Novel/Games - Clannad
    Best Alteration of Story Line - Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen
    Best Studio - Ghibli
    Best Old School Anime - Card Captor Sakura (it counts, right? 1996-2000?) - reminds me of childhood!

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feisu-chan View Post
    Best Female Seiyuu - Kugiyama Rei (Tsundere rocks!!!)
    I think you mean Kugimiya Rie, as I can't find a seiyuu by the name of Kugiyama Rei, but do correct me if I'm wrong or if you meant someone else altogether

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    Best Alteration of Story Line (saladesu)
    Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen
    Quote Originally Posted by feisu-chan View Post
    Best Alteration of Story Line - Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen
    Hmm, I just noticed this, sorry for my slowness.

IMO, Tsuiokuhen did not alter the story line of the original Rurouni Kenshin, so it cannot be considered for the category. It followed quite faithfully to the flashbacks/Kenshin's story-telling during the manga's Jinchuu arc. I watched it a long time ago, and last read the manga a number of years ago as well, but I honestly don't remember anything significant being changed to qualify it for this category Once again, I might be wrong so just let me know~ For now I've not added these nominations. Both of you are also free to nominate another series
    Last edited by saladesu; February 26, 2011 at 05:20 AM.

28. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I understood you can support some already nominated as only those which the most support become nominee
    If that's the case here are my support nomination:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Best Male Supporting Character:
    Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist.
    He's awesome because he have the wits to get things done. He also have a team of people( including Riza) that trusts him completely and is someone that a country can count on. His fire alchemy is a great plus too !
    Best ending theme:
    For You By AZU used in Naruto Shippuden ENDING 12.
    I think this is a simple ending yet beautiful. Showing both the older and younger generation. The lyrics to the song is quite emotional and I thought azu did a perfect job!
    My Best Male Supporting Character would also be Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist
    and my Best ending theme would also be For You By AZU used in Naruto Shippuden ENDING 12.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Best Opening theme: Nico touches the Wall - Hologram (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP 2). I really loved this song and I'm still enjoying it. The song fits so well with the OP, it was absolutely great
    I nominate also Nico touches the Wall - Hologram (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP 2) for My Best Opening theme. Its my favorite OP in the FMAB series.

Also some add on votes:
    Best Male Lead: Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto: Shippuuden
    Best Female Lead: Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club
    Best Female supporting character: Maria from Arakawa under the Bridge
    Best Studio: Bones (I knew there some people already voted for this, just forgot whom..)

30. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast