Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Best Female Supporting Character

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asuka Langley Soryu from Evangelion

10 23.26%
  • Kallen Stadtfeld from Code Geass

17 39.53%
  • Maria from Arakawa under the Bridge

8 18.60%
  • Kikyou from InuYasha

5 11.63%
  • D from Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures

3 6.98%
New Reply

Thread: Best Female Supporting Character

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Female Supporting Character

Welcome, everyone! We would like to thank all of you for making these awards such a success. Your votes have all been tabulated and winner named, but before the winner of this category is unveiled, please take a moment to review how we got to this point.

The nominations that received more than one vote automatically became official nominees. To get the complete set of five official nominees, a tie-breaker round was held. At the end of this, we ended up with the following final five:

...and now, the moment for which you've all been patiently waiting! The winner of the BEST FEMALE SUPPORTING CHARACTER category is...!!!

Congratulations to Sunrise for making such an awesome character!!

"So, that really is it. Fine, I'll finish you now. Any last words?"

To all the MangaHelpers users who participated in this undertaking, thank you ever so much! You made this dream a reality!
    Last edited by saladesu; April 03, 2011 at 11:56 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Female Supporting Character

Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to vote for Kikyou for this category. (I also nominated her and am proud to see that she made it to the final round. )

Her whole life is just so tragic, and her character goes through a nice emotional journey. She, having spent all of her life in devotion to protecting others and not tending to herself, is brought back into the world to be used as a pawn yet again in the cosmic interplay of good and evil, and she has to come to terms with the loss of the one person who truly looked beyond her as a priestess. Her emotional journey is quite evocative, and, although she dies bitter, she eventually rises above her petty human feelings and embraces the role destiny has given her without losing the self that she has struggled to define. The triangular connection between Kikyou, Inuyasha, and Kagome is so unique and like no other romance that I had ever seen before.

Kikyou's destiny is woven so intricately into the entire series. She serves as both a antagonist and one of the good guys. For me, Kikyou, both her character and role in the story, is the integral element of the series that makes InuYasha a classic and one of my most favorite romance anime series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes to Maria from Arakawa under the Bridge. Even she's just some random supporting character who has feisty/harsh comments towards others and Sister's number one enemy/lover xD, she provides the characters who live under the Arakawa bridge dairy products, wool and eggs. Her caring nature is just hidden despite that strong & tiger-like personality.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Female Lead

Welcome, everyone! We would like to thank all of you for making these awards such a success. Your votes have all been tabulated and winner named, but before the winner of this category is unveiled, please take a moment to review how we got to this point.

The nominations that received more than one vote automatically became official nominees. To get the complete set of five official nominees, a tie-breaker round was held. At the end of this, we ended up with the following final five:

...and now, the moment for which you've all been patiently waiting! The winner of the BEST FEMALE SUPPORTING CHARACTER category is...!!!

Congratulations to Sunrise for making such an awesome character!!

"So, that really is it. Fine, I'll finish you now. Any last words?"

To all the MangaHelpers users who participated in this undertaking, thank you ever so much! You made this dream a reality!
    Last edited by saladesu; April 03, 2011 at 11:54 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply