Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Best Male Seiyuu

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fukuyama Jun

11 29.73%
  • Ohtsuka Houchuu

3 8.11%
  • Miyano Mamoru

7 18.92%
  • Sugita Tomokazu

10 27.03%
  • Kamiya Hiroshi

6 16.22%
New Reply

Thread: Best Male Seiyuu

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Male Seiyuu

Heya With the conclusion of the MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2010 just a few days ago, I'm sure everyone has been anticipating the results. Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which seiyuu won the award of Best Male Seiyuu? First, let us take a moment to turn back time to when the Awards first began...

It was evident that this was a popular category, as we received a large number of nominations. They were: Fukuyama Jun (4 nominations), Ohtsuka Houchuu (2 nominations), Miyano Mamoru (2 nominations), Sugita Tomokazu (2 nominations), Kamiya Hiroshi (1 nomination), Ono Daisuke (1 nomination), Yamaguchi Kappei (1 nomination), Hayami Shou (1 nomination), Sakurai Takahiro (1 nomination), Namikawa Daisuke (1 nomination), Ishida Akira (1 nomination), Nakamura Yuuichi (1 nomination) and Nakata Jouji (1 nomination).

It was certain that Fukuyama Jun, Ohtsuka Houchuu, Miyano Mamoru and Sugita Tomokazu were going to proceed to the next round. However, we needed to break the tie to get our final finalist! Eventually, we had them all! Joining the other 4 was Kamiya Hiroshi!

Alright then, let's get down to business proper! So without further ado... You, the invaluable members of the MangaHelpers community have cast your votes!! And the winner of the BEST MALE SEIYUU category is...!!!

Spoiler show

Congratulations to Fukuyama Jun for his fantastic range and consistently brilliant portrayal of some our favorite characters, be they the crazed Lelouch, split-personality Rikuo, insecure Luca, serious Sugata, carefree Ryner, playful Shinra, volatile Watanuki, vain Yumichika, and so many more!!

"Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you! Obey me subjects! Obey me World!"

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you!

Till next time!
    Last edited by saladesu; April 03, 2011 at 11:24 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Male Seiyuu

Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner!

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a slightly difficult choice for me, as I really like Fukuyama Jun and Miyano Mamoru a lot However, in the end I went with Fukuyama Jun as I think he has a more impressive range than Miyano Mamoru. I was particularly impressed by the world of difference that is his famed crazy/deep, cocky Lelouch Lamperouge voice (not to mention evil laughter) in Code Geass, versus the high-pitched, hesitant, young Luca Angeloni in Macross Frontier. I was so shocked when I saw the name "Fukuyama Jun" in the credits when I first watched Macross Frontier, and even more shocked when it turned out to be Luca he had voiced He also does and excellent job switching between two pitches for night and day Rikuo in Nurarihyon no Mago

That said, I also really like Kamiya Hiroshi and that little lisp he has that makes it so obvious its him even when he's using a totally different voice eg Izaya in DRRR!! and Otonashi in Angel Beats! and Tieria in Gundam 00

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Fukuyama Jun!

I voted him for the voice range and also because how he manage to voice all the roles so well. I don't really have much to say except for the fact that I like hearing his voice and the roles he play them with

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamiya Hiroshi. His voice is awesome since Zetsubou-sensei. I would have picked Sugita, but my favorite now is Kamiya.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaaaah, this was the hardest category for me to vote in! I love all of these guys. Fukuyama Jun is great, but he's only my third favorite here. It was such a toss-up between Sugita Tomozaku and Kamiya Hiroshi for me. I mean seriously, how can you choose between the awesomeness that is Gintoki/Kyon and Itoshiki-sensei/Araragi? <333 It's almost impossible. I ended up going with Sugita Tomozaku in the end after a lot of switching my mind back and forth.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The results are very, very, very close. One single vote can change the fate of the nominees and decide who wins this category. So please come and vote for your favorite male seiyuu!! You still have two more hours to cast your votes.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Heya With the conclusion of the MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2010 just a few days ago, I'm sure everyone has been anticipating the results. Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which seiyuu won the award of Best Male Seiyuu? First, let us take a moment to turn back time to when the Awards first began...

It was evident that this was a popular category, as we received a large number of nominations. They were: Fukuyama Jun (4 nominations), Ohtsuka Houchuu (2 nominations), Miyano Mamoru (2 nominations), Sugita Tomokazu (2 nominations), Kamiya Hiroshi (1 nomination), Ono Daisuke (1 nomination), Yamaguchi Kappei (1 nomination), Hayami Shou (1 nomination), Sakurai Takahiro (1 nomination), Namikawa Daisuke (1 nomination), Ishida Akira (1 nomination), Nakamura Yuuichi (1 nomination) and Nakata Jouji (1 nomination).

It was certain that Fukuyama Jun, Ohtsuka Houchuu, Miyano Mamoru and Sugita Tomokazu were going to proceed to the next round. However, we needed to break the tie to get our final finalist! Eventually, we had them all! Joining the other 4 was Kamiya Hiroshi!

Alright then, let's get down to business proper! So without further ado... You, the invaluable members of the MangaHelpers community have cast your votes!! And the winner of the BEST MALE SEIYUU category is...!!!

Spoiler show

Congratulations to Fukuyama Jun for his fantastic range and consistently brilliant portrayal of some our favorite characters, be they the crazed Lelouch, split-personality Rikuo, insecure Luca, serious Sugata, carefree Ryner, playful Shinra, volatile Watanuki, vain Yumichika, and so many more!!

"Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you! Obey me subjects! Obey me World!"

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you!

Till next time!
    Last edited by saladesu; April 03, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this category might have gotten a few more votes if there were pictures to go with the names. I voted for Fukuyama, and now that I've seen a picture of him, I'm glad he got my vote.

(If he turned out ugly, I still would have supported him for his characters and his vocal talent... but I'm just glad things turned out the way they did. )

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsuki

To fulfill Tsuki's, um, wishes...
    Spoiler: Sugita Tomokazu show

Spoiler: Kamiya Hiroshi show

Spoiler: Miyano Mamoru show

Spoiler: Ohtsuka Houchuu show

So, whaddaya think?

Anyway, I'm glad Jun won either way (regardless of how he looks )! He's so talented. It's a pity this award could not be shared, because I believe the rest to be extremely talented as well! Jun was probably just lucky that he got the role of Lelouch that really cast him straight into the limelight internationally, which is why he is the best known out of all of them.

Still, it's interesting to see such close votes between him and Sugita Tomokazu! I like him too, but maybe I just haven't heard enough of him (or realized it, despite scrolling through his list of roles), but I feel like he sounds about the same in most of his roles. Not necessarily a bad thing, since he sounds good, but imo, FukuJun wins because of his range.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Sally! Now that I've seen all of the seiyuu, I feel my vote for Fukuyama was quite justified! (I know their looks shouldn't matter, especially because I didn't vote that way with the female seiyuu, but I have been a big Romi Park fan and so I had more basis on which to vote. So, yeah...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! just one point difference from Sugitan! I voted for Sugita, but I'm also glad that he's up with Fukuyama. He's one talented seiyuu! He was great when he voiced Nura! The transition there was smooth! Omedetou, Jun Fukuyama! Good Job, Sugitan!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I loved how Jun voiced Rikuo as well. I mean, there were scenes where he was literally talking to himself and switching back and forth between day!Rikuo and night!Rikuo's voices, which are worlds apart. Gotta give him props for that

New Reply