Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Best Romance

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Centimeters per Second

3 7.89%
  • Clannad

9 23.68%
  • Kimi ni Todoke

12 31.58%
  • Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

8 21.05%
  • ef ~ a tale of memories/melodies

6 15.79%
New Reply

Thread: Best Romance

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Romance

Welcome, everyone! We would like to thank all of you for making these awards such a success. Your votes have all been tabulated and winner named, but before the winner of this category is unveiled, please take a moment to review how we got to this point.

The nominations that received more than one vote automatically became official nominees. To get the complete set of five official nominees, a tie-breaker round was held. At the end of this, we ended up with the following final five:

...and now, the moment for which you've all been patiently waiting! The winner of the BEST ROMANCE category is...!!!

Congratulations to Production I.G for their lovely adaptation of Shīna Karuho's Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You!!

"I didn't do anything. I'm sure the others just didn't have the opportunity. There might be others who're waiting for an opportunity to talk to you."

To all the MangaHelpers users who participated in this undertaking, thank you ever so much! You made this dream a reality!
    Last edited by saladesu; April 03, 2011 at 11:48 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Romance

Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ef ~ a tale of memories/melodies is an amazing series and a great romantic anime; however, as the huge Clannadite that I am I just had to vote for Clannad. The romance between the protagonists of this series was one of the best I’ve ever seen. Their love was strong, sweet and above all, it felt very real, at least to me it felt that way.

So…Clannad ftw!!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm biased because I just finished ef and it is the most memorable in my mind so my vote is a biased vote
    However, to be honest, Clannad is also a really good romance but I think it should win the "slice of life" category due to the fact that I don't think that Clannad is about romance alone, it teaches more than that. At least, imo.

Ef on the other hand, have 12 episodes to itself for romance and I felt that it did it really well.
    Although it was suppose to be a "fairy tale" kind of storytelling, I thought it was realistic too and I can relate to most parts of it.

There goes my vote, of course

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Clannad is the best for me. Like Zeltrax said, this anime isn't about the romance alone, but it's still great. Ef seems good, but i haven't seen the anime. If i have time i'll watch it.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The results are really, really, really close! Please vote and encourage your fellow members to vote for the nominee each of you thinks deserves to win! Every vote counts!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As Salad said, the results are very, very, very close. So please come and support your favorite nominee! Only you, the fans, have the power to decide what series will be the winner for this category.

And...I might as well use this post to show more support more my fav . Clannad ftw!!

The voting process will end very soon, so to all my fellow Clannad fans I would like to say: please come and vote for Clannad.

Yes, I’m promoting my fav nominee until the very last minute.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 28, 2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Romance

Welcome, everyone! We would like to thank all of you for making these awards such a success. Your votes have all been tabulated and winner named, but before the winner of this category is unveiled, please take a moment to review how we got to this point.

The nominations that received more than one vote automatically became official nominees. To get the complete set of five official nominees, a tie-breaker round was held. At the end of this, we ended up with the following final five:

...and now, the moment for which you've all been patiently waiting! The winner of the BEST ROMANCE category is...!!!

Congratulations to Production I.G for their lovely adaptation of Shīna Karuho's Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You!!

"I didn't do anything. I'm sure the others just didn't have the opportunity. There might be others who're waiting for an opportunity to talk to you."

To all the MangaHelpers users who participated in this undertaking, thank you ever so much! You made this dream a reality!
    Last edited by saladesu; April 03, 2011 at 11:43 PM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply