Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Worst Manga Ending

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst Manga Ending

Mirai Nikki had a God-awful ending. The entire last arc was a giant anticlimax, but the final chapter takes the cake. It ended nicely, but there was an epilogue attached... Just thinking about that epilogue makes me shudder.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree, Shaman King has the worst ending that I have ever read, Eye Sheild 21 went on way too long like other people said, and 666 satan felt sooo rushed that the ending itself was not bad, but like I said, it just skips over so much potential just to get to the ending.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Certainly Full Metal Alchemist. It has a lot of plot-holes in the main concept of equality. More over, it was like made only to the children readers.

Other ending mangas are really worse, but i have to given some credit for other reasons that Arakawa doesn't has.

Perhaps, the worst mangaka giving an end to his mangas is Naoki Urasawa. His popular works were good but just PLUTO was the only with a decent ending.
    wow i always felt the other way around. Pluto to me is the only one of uasawa's work which seemed to have a rather weak ending, completely riding on deus ex machina.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Mirai Nikki had a God-awful ending. The entire last arc was a giant anticlimax, but the final chapter takes the cake. It ended nicely, but there was an epilogue attached... Just thinking about that epilogue makes me shudder.
    true we would've been better off the epilogue...i guess the mangaka desperately wanting to make a happy ending

still i'm quite fond of the work.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

usugi drop for me is the manga which had the worst ending. its totally character driven manga, but i just couldn't digest the way the relationships turned out at the end. it seemed too unnatural to me.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I can only recall Monster as a manga with an unsatisfying ending. It wasn't really bad but left way too many things unsolved. As great as the whole series was the ending really left me disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    I guess you refer to the scene where

Spoiler show

that was definitely unnecessary but besides that I was totally fine with the ending. Could definitely have been better but it was okay.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    usugi drop for me is the manga which had the worst ending. its totally character driven manga, but i just couldn't digest the way the relationships turned out at the end. it seemed too unnatural to me.
    Yeah Usagi Drop's ending made me feel really uncomfortable. At the beginning of the second half of the story the mangaka seemed to be heading somewhere with Rin and Kouki, but then everything headed to a completely different direction and she seemed like she was going out of her way to make the manga end the way she wanted it to. My advice to anyone who wants to check out Usagi Drop is to only read the first half of the story (before the time-skip) or to watch the anime, which only animates the first half.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Yeah Usagi Drop's ending made me feel really uncomfortable. At the beginning of the second half of the story the mangaka seemed to be heading somewhere with Rin and Kouki, but then everything headed to a completely different direction and she seemed like she was going out of her way to make the manga end the way she wanted it to. My advice to anyone who wants to check out Usagi Drop is to only read the first half of the story (before the time-skip) or to watch the anime, which only animates the first half.
    I finished Usagi Drop a while ago so I know what you two are talking about. I had no idea what the mangaka was thinking (what was the editor doing!!!), and I actually felt betrayed while reading the last chapter as silly as it sounds.

Spoiler show

I'd even take the epilogue of The Deathly Hallows over this. (O_o)
    Last edited by Asarii; July 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Spoiler show
    ...THE HECK.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only ending I was ever bitter about was Tenjou Tenge. It confused the hell out of me and the parts I did understand pissed me off to no end. It just seemed to fatalistic for my taste.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Like several people have said, Shaman King ending is probably the worst Manga ending I've ever read. I was so devastated by it, and had to turn away from Otaku world for a while because of it. I hope Takei will not repeat his mistakes with Flowers though. As for Usagi Drop, the ending is bad, but somehow after the revelation in the previous story before the end, I could guess that the ending would go to "that" path. Another Manga ending that I really dislike is probably School Rumble. It was just a huge meh, even though the story building is quite good at first.

..and to be honest I like Full Metal Alchemist ending.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst recent ending I've seen is probably
    Spoiler show

It wasn't a great manga to begin with but I think it was the first time I've ever read about an ending that just made me drop the whole thing on the spot.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; November 14, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

To make it recent, the worst ending I found was

Spoiler show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no interest in reading Usagi Drop, but after reading the ending I have to admit that is totally trollsome.

I have to admit, I think I've dropped series more than I've read something to its natural conclusion. But if there's one series that had the most unsatisfying ending, its definitely Sugar Sugar Rune.

Spoiler show

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: xxxholic spoilers show
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 19, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman's ending was terrible lol. It came out of nowhere. Well, not really nowhere, but it just felt like. "Whelp, that's our story. If you want more closure, TOO BAD! You knew this was coming!"

Almost forgot Mirai Nikki. My gawd. That final arc brought Mirai Nikki to being one of my favorite animes of all time, to a show i hope i forget about soon.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I recall Psyren ending abruptly with the lightning quick defeat of the big bad.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast