Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

  1. #1
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    A little late, but with the re-emergence of Central 46 at the end of the time skip, I thought a thread devoted to this governing body might be appropriate, as there is much about it we still don't know.

    This thread is for all things Central 46, but here are some starter questions to address:
    • What has been your opinion of the Central 46 thus far?
    • How are members of Central 46 selected?
    • It is comprised of six judges and forty wise men. What are the differences in their duties and level of power and authority?
    • Do you think Central 46 is a just governing body?
    • Central 46 seems to be legislature and judiciary without any sort of executive. Is this a good form of government, and if you think not, what would you propose as changes?
    • Are there any limits to the power of Central 46?
    • What relation do you think it has to the Spirit King, and why do they hold power instead of the King?
    • Do you think in light of the Aizen incident there need to be any changes to Central 46 and how other organizations respond to them?
    • Will Central 46 ever be a central organization to the plot? Will we see an important/named character connected to Central 46?

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    Damn,I hate politics,but I'll try my best to answer those questions:
    1)Until now,I personally believe that the Central 46 is made of very arrogant men(and women?).It makes very harsh decision,and what's more,in case they're all killed,no one seems to be aware of that.


    2)Maybe they're tested in somekind of a exam,or (this one is more probable)they chosen from the 4 Great Families in SS.They're all elders of the great families.


    3)The judges (quite obvious) must have more power and authority than the forty wise men.The judges make more important decisions(the most relevant is Aizen's incarceration)and the forty wise men make less important decisions(cases of crime,bad behaviour,those who break the law and are judged,etc).


    4)Yeah.I agree with that.Though it seems that they're orders are absolute and undefiable(Yamamoto did everything they told him to do,even though it was ridiculous to use the Sokyoku for a weak shinigami and to change tha date of the execution so many times,things that never happened before,yet Yamamoto still did as he was told).

    5)I'll refrain from answering this questions,as I am quite tired of governments and politics,yet I find it a bit wrong that they don't have any sort of executives.


    6)There don't seem to be any limits to their power.


    7)This relates directly to the King's nature.If the King is actually an object,it would obviously be impossible for it to make any decisions(if it's not a sentient being).If the King is actually a God(looks like a human),maybe he is so important that he doesn't handle ordinary things.They hold power since there is no other organization capable of holding power.


    8)Obviously,there should have been made some changes.Some kind of another organization that questions their decisions and see if they are wrong decisions or good decisions.I don't think that now ridiculous things such as Sokyouku used on Shinigami who haven't commited a grave crime would happen in the future.Yamamoto in special,should now wonder if the decisions they make are correct.


    9)In the future,I predict that Yamamoto will retire and became the Leader Of Central 46.The organization will undergo major changes once Yama will join them.


    Now,what I'm wondering: just like any organization with power corruption is bound to appear(just like in the real world).Maybe some of the Central 46 members are corrupt and take decisions who are beneficial to them.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Fried Side
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    Interesting idea making a Central 46 thread, they still have a lot of obscurity surrounding them even after all this time.

    I'm thinking there will be more detail about them in the (far)future. I suspect we will get some character development from some of the top ranking members, they could have very detailed information about the top of the latter workings of SS.

    One of the main things I see from them is an extremly heartless and old fashioned way of committing criminals. No investigation and no defense allowed at all, they basically just tell you what you get for your crime.

    Another thing I wonder about is are they all just weak spirits or do any of them have history as very, very old shinigami.

  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #4
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    I got the impression they actually did investigate. If I recall even during urahara's trial there even was a dude coming in and stating they found evidence of hollowification experiments in the lab. And did they even need to investigate against aizen? He had the orb inside of him, the 13 captains saw him at his thing and I doubt aizen hid the fact that he threatened the very fabric of reality and whatnot. I think the chamber 46 are seen in a much darker light than what they really are. I do agree in that the laws of SS are perhaps too harsh though.

  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    1) What has been your opinion of the Central 46 thus far?
    Poorly, however considering the times we have seen them its justified from a modern point of view. In SS they are the goverment in a old fashion jacket, in that era it was normal.

    2) How are members of Central 46 selected?
    The judges are probably educated to be what they are. The wise men are old men with alot of life experience in all kind of field to advice the judges.

    3) It is comprised of six judges and forty wise men. What are the differences in their duties and level of power and authority?
    Some might have powers however I doubt they are a match for any shinigami or hollow like nearly every soul living in rukongai.
    I believe they have to come a conclussion together through a vote.

    4) Do you think Central 46 is a just governing body?
    In their own sense they are, they fit perfectly in the story. In their culture (SS) its a justified governing body, which needs such harsh decision on occassion.
    5) Central 46 seems to be legislature and judiciary without any sort of executive. Is this a good form of government, and if you think not, what would you propose as changes?
    For SS this is a good governing system, its a hierarchy where as the top in SS being the central 46 and the lowest unseated shinigami. The central 46 answers to the spirit king, so yes its a good system in itself (much like a democracy).
    Personaly I would add abit more modern style from the living world like a real trial with lawyers however severe crimes like actual treason and murder should still be punishable by death without trial (if this can be proven without a doubt)

    6) Are there any limits to the power of Central 46?
    No only limit is that they have to answer to the spirit king and keep the balance of the worlds.

    7) What relation do you think it has to the Spirit King, and why do they hold power instead of the King?
    They do not hold the power over the king, the king just let them govern aslong they make the right choice in his opinion.

    8) Do you think in light of the Aizen incident there need to be any changes to Central 46 and how other organizations respond to them?
    no

    9) Will Central 46 ever be a central organization to the plot? Will we see an important/named character connected to Central 46?
    I hope not
    Last edited by Richo; February 26, 2011 at 10:23 PM.

  7. #6
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    Thank you for sharing your responses, Richo, but I think you misinterpreted one of my questions:

    Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    4) Do you think Central 46 is a just governing body?
    Without a doubt they only govern, other tasks are delegated down to the gotei 13
    I suppose it is a little quirk in English that the word just can be used as an adjective or an adverb. You seemingly interpreted it in the adverbial form when I was using the adjectival definition. As an adjective, the word just means "fair" or "reasonable;" it is related to the concept of justice.

    So, what I was really trying to ask in the question was the following: Do you think Central 46 is a fair governing body?

    In response to your interpretation, I completely agree. I doubt that Central 46 does anything more than create laws and make judgements based upon those laws.

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    Thank you for sharing your responses, Richo, but I think you misinterpreted one of my questions:



    I suppose it is a little quirk in English that the word just can be used as an adjective or an adverb. You seemingly interpreted it in the adverbial form when I was using the adjectival definition. As an adjective, the word just means "fair" or "reasonable;" it is related to the concept of justice.

    So, what I was really trying to ask in the question was the following: Do you think Central 46 is a fair governing body?

    In response to your interpretation, I completely agree. I doubt that Central 46 does anything more than create laws and make judgements based upon those laws.
    easy there:P
    english aint my mother tongue neither I am that good at my own language:P
    Anyway I answered that question in a previous question.
    Il edit the post.

  9. #8
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Edge of the Forest
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    9) Will Central 46 ever be a central organization to the plot? Will we see an important/named character connected to Central 46?
    I hope not
    Really? Why not? Just doesn't interest you or some other reason? Already too many named characters in Bleach for your taste?

    Well, I disagree. I hope that we find out more details about Central 46 and get some named characters connected with it (maybe even some we're already familiar with?). Since they act in place of the Spirit King, they're an extremely important part of Soul Society. And with all the mystery surrounding who the king is, it would be nice to know who is carrying out his will and how they operate.

  10. #9
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    easy there:P
    english aint my mother tongue neither I am that good at my own language:P
    Anyway I answered that question in a previous question.
    Il edit the post.
    I wasn't trying to make fun of you. I was just trying to point out how such a mistake is quite understandable. Sorry if it came off that way.

    I just wanted to make the meaning of that question clear for you or anyone else that might potentially misread the question, as I can easily see it interpreted the way you did.

  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Really? Why not? Just doesn't interest you or some other reason? Already too many named characters in Bleach for your taste?

    Well, I disagree. I hope that we find out more details about Central 46 and get some named characters connected with it (maybe even some we're already familiar with?). Since they act in place of the Spirit King, they're an extremely important part of Soul Society. And with all the mystery surrounding who the king is, it would be nice to know who is carrying out his will and how they operate.
    There are some mysteries surrounding the central 46, and I wish for them stay that way since after all they are being surrounded in mystery for a reason. Like the spirit king they are secluded from the outside world and are reasonably objective to what happens in the outside world (hell they don't even go out).
    They are a governing body and also judge and excecutioner, they recieve all information through gotei 13 and abide the laws of SS. Personaly I do not need further information and screen time wasted on revealing more about them.

    I prefer to get useful information (imo) like Isshin and the 0 squad.

  12. #11
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Central 46 Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    What has been your opinion of the Central 46 thus far?
    They seem to be a dictatorial oligarch. Other than passing thoughts about how tyrannical they are, I haven't thought about them much. Other than mention in Soul Society and TBTP arcs, they have not had much focus.

    Quote Quote:
    How are members of Central 46 selected?
    I would guess they are selected from among Soul Societies elites. Soul Society seems to be a hierarchical society dominated by aristocratic families. I assume that like most aristocracies, different families have hereditary positions within society. The head of the Kuchicki family seems to inherit the seat of sixth squad Captain. The Shihouin family inherit leadership of squad two and the Stealth Forces. I assume judicial and legislative leadership is inherited by other families, or by cadet members of the four major families.The seats that are not inherited would be filled by appointees selected by the rest of the Council.

    Quote Quote:
    It is comprised of six judges and forty wise men. What are the differences in their duties and level of power and authority?
    I assume "wise men" are well versed in the lore and history of soul society, while judges focus on law and enforcement. If the council is like real world legislatures I assume committee duties are divided along lines of expertise.

    Quote Quote:
    Do you think Central 46 is a just governing body?
    I assume their role is governance. Military power seems to be vested in the gotei 13 with the stealth and kido forces subservient branches. The Gotei 13 seems to be subservient to the council. I'm not sure what else the Central 46 would do.

    Quote Quote:
    Central 46 seems to be legislature and judiciary without any sort of executive. Is this a good form of government, and if you think not, what would you propose as changes?
    Executive power in Soul Society is vested in the King who delegates all authority to the Chamber of 46. I assume their would be a figure, or committee of figures, who wield executive authority in the name of the King. It could be an informal role but there could be something akin to ministers who lead the bureaucracies and report to a Prime Minister who leads the government.

    Quote Quote:
    Are there any limits to the power of Central 46?
    Impossible to say. One can assume they have to be mindful of the traditional roles of the various aristocratic families and only interfere in there business if the laws of Soul Society are violated. Same goes for the Gotei 13. Assume any governing council with secret members that does not allow any outside consultation has few, if any limits on their power.

    Quote Quote:
    What relation do you think it has to the Spirit King, and why do they hold power instead of the King?
    I assume it is similar to in any society with a monarch who only plays a ceremonial role. The Chamber of 46 governs in his name but without necessarily seeking his consent. The King would be head of state, while the head of government is a member of (or all of) the Chamber of 46. Hard to say how that happened. The King may not have any interest in wielding day to day authority. Tradition may have gradually limited his role. Maybe power was gradually usurped.

    Quote Quote:
    Do you think in light of the Aizen incident there need to be any changes to Central 46 and how other organizations respond to them?
    In real life the events would have changed the balance of political power without any actual legal changes. After all of the chamber were assassinated, political authority passed to the Gotei 13. If Bleach were real the Gotei 13 would have become king makers, able to have final say in the composition of the new chamber. The gotei 13 has "the guns", therefore have the ultimate power. Aizen's coup would have made that plainly obvious.

    Quote Quote:
    Will Central 46 ever be a central organization to the plot? Will we see an important/named character connected to Central 46?
    I doubt it. I doubt Bleach would ever focus on politics and world building.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts