Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Problems with typesetting

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Problems with typesetting

Hi folks!I am a newbie here,and i really love manga,and i want to translate manga from english to bulgarian(bulgarian is my home language).But i have problems with rewriting things that are not in 'clouds'.For example this link http://www.mangabit.com/manga/naruto/chapter/528/page/1
    what program should i use in order to translate it.I have adobe photoshop cs 5,but i am newbie there also
    If somebody could help,i'd really appreciate it.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Problems with translating

I think you are talking about typesetting/redrawing, rather than translating

Well, as you can see from my user group, I'm not a scanlator (I clicked because the topic said "translating" ) so I can't offer any first hand tips but I think these tutorials look like excellent guides: part 1 part 2

Like I said, I'm not a scanlator, but from what I can see (I'm proficient with photoshop) and as the tutorials confirm, it'll involve a lot of use of the pen tool and clone stamp and of course, a lot of experience Experiment around and I'm sure you'll improve by leaps and bounds in no time

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Problems with translating

Quote Originally Posted by elena1969 View Post
    Hi folks!I am a newbie here,and i really love manga,and i want to translate manga from english to bulgarian(bulgarian is my home language).But i have problems with rewriting things that are not in 'clouds'.For example this link http://www.mangabit.com/manga/naruto/chapter/528/page/1
    what program should i use in order to translate it.I have adobe photoshop cs 5,but i am newbie there also
    If somebody could help,i'd really appreciate it.
    What I would recommend is to just typeset over it, then put the stroke on it to white and make sure it covers all the English text up.

New Reply