Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 218

Thread: One Piece 617 Discussion

  1. #181
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    i hope the chimneys father makes an appearance this arc

    so many ways this arc can go. i dont think that jinbei and the sunny pirates will play a part in this arc. i think when this arc is over the NFP's will join with the sunny pirates and leave FI.


    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/67205412/4

    i also think that nami is realizing that madam shirley has something to do with this and she is going to talk to her
    Last edited by chess4; March 12, 2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #182
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I never said it was fishman karate.... Just because you throw a punch it does not make it boxing, I think roughly the same logic applies here. Anyways, I doubt it is just brute strength, such a thing would not result in the water changing shape into arrows or whatnot.
    I don't see them changing into real arrows, they just look like elongated water drops, due to speed in which they were sent. It may or may not be fishman karate. I don't think Hodi is a fishman karate expert, but I also believe that, since water is the Fishmen natural habitat, they would learn how to manipulate it to an extent, even without knowing real fishman karate. Turning water into missiles by using one's strength seems like a more simple variation.
    So, experienced Fishman fighter, creates water bullets/arrows, capable of hurting people, and fishman karate expert, like Jinbei, creates a water lance capable of destroying marine battleship.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  3. #183
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I never said it was fishman karate.... Just because you throw a punch it does not make it boxing, I think roughly the same logic applies here. Anyways, I doubt it is just brute strength, such a thing would not result in the water changing shape into arrows or whatnot.
    Well, what you said was that it was of the same character as when Jinbei manipulated the water and that my friend is Fishman Karate. Although, I did miss the arrow shape thing and that might very well indicate that it is a form of the Fishman karate.

    However, I wonder if Hodi is that kind of person? I mean his stances are wild and as I said relies heavily on brute strength while the only fishman karate users we have seen are calm and civilised as a typical martial artist. And the "Soshark" skill also seem like a main stream brawler move like Arlong's attacks. I think a FK user would probably punch through it or something like that but then again who knows Hodi might have just learned the arts and then added his own flavour.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones


    THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

  4. #184
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    naw i dont think that hodi is a fishman karate user, if he was oda would have stated it. i just think he is a pure brawler. man i was sure hoping the great white shark would be a good guy, but o well.

    seems like most of the players this arc have appeared already so i dont expect much from the dojo. oda said that it would be explained in an sbs though.

    next arc's cover could be 1 of 4 possibilities. either nami's or usopp's home, gammon(dude in the chest) or the place where they fought buggy.

    next chapter we will definitely get the reaction to the princess being on coral hill and a bit from zoro and hodi. i also hope we see where nami has went, i think she has went to see madam shirley

  5. #185
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    Well, what you said was that it was of the same character as when Jinbei manipulated the water and that my friend is Fishman Karate. Although, I did miss the arrow shape thing and that might very well indicate that it is a form of the Fishman karate.

    However, I wonder if Hodi is that kind of person? I mean his stances are wild and as I said relies heavily on brute strength while the only fishman karate users we have seen are calm and civilised as a typical martial artist. And the "Soshark" skill also seem like a main stream brawler move like Arlong's attacks. I think a FK user would probably punch through it or something like that but then again who knows Hodi might have just learned the arts and then added his own flavour.
    Well, just because hodi does not use fishman karate does not mean the manipulation of the water itself is different from what jimbei did though. I think it is as you said, hodi learned the water manipulation and uses it his own way. Wonder what fighting style the fishman army uses though, it really does not seem like fishman karate....

  6. #186
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    Hodi seems strong though not as strong as Zoro not even close, The only advantage he seems to have is being underwater and having a lot of fodder soldiers for shielding. One thing i'm confused about is what happened to the three sons of king NP, they just disappeared after their talk with Zoro.
    It was said that the factory of big mom was for making candy, anybody think that its producing the drugs that the fishmen are using or the WG is at it again.


    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, just because hodi does not use fishman karate does not mean the manipulation of the water itself is different from what jimbei did though. I think it is as you said, hodi learned the water manipulation and uses it his own way. Wonder what fighting style the fishman army uses though, it really does not seem like fishman karate....
    Fishman karate or not, he was a top rank soldier of the neptune army and taking that into perspective he must have some fighting skills, just as when you join an army they will teach you some sort of basic combat and when you increase in rank the combat skills taught to you also get complexed so considering that Hodi must have some sort of training in combat. And water manipulation might be one of the things taught to them in the army.
    Last edited by Zoro #1; March 12, 2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #187
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner otion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    the sons were going to make arrangements for the departure of the SH's, that was the agreement zoro and the oldest prince agreed to.

    hodi prolly learned the techniques when he was in the neptune army, and prolly has fishman karate fundamentals in his skills & tech's now
    Last edited by otion; March 12, 2011 at 08:55 PM.

  8. #188
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    Earlier, when I posted something about Hodi and Jinbei, I got an idea but didn't have the time. Specifically, comparing those 2 and their strength. If those arrows are all that Hodi can do with water, then he's no match with Jinbei, who sends a lance that destroys a battleship with his palm. Anyway, Hodi may be able to do more, but what I'm thinking is, Jinbei should fight him. Not Zoro, not Luffy, or anyone else.

    If Hodi gets beaten by a human, he'll just become a second Arlong, a martyr for all fishmen, who wanted to rise against humans, and humans defeated him, and destroyed his ambition. If Jinbei were to beat him, it would just be an internal conflict. Hodi is not a martyr any more, he's a fishman who is beaten by one of the most respected fishmen alive, a famous Knight of the Sea. I could see that being a reason why Jinbei didn't want Luffy to fight Hodi.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  9. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #189
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Earlier, when I posted something about Hodi and Jinbei, I got an idea but didn't have the time. Specifically, comparing those 2 and their strength. If those arrows are all that Hodi can do with water, then he's no match with Jinbei, who sends a lance that destroys a battleship with his palm. Anyway, Hodi may be able to do more, but what I'm thinking is, Jinbei should fight him. Not Zoro, not Luffy, or anyone else.

    If Hodi gets beaten by a human, he'll just become a second Arlong, a martyr for all fishmen, who wanted to rise against humans, and humans defeated him, and destroyed his ambition. If Jinbei were to beat him, it would just be an internal conflict. Hodi is not a martyr any more, he's a fishman who is beaten by one of the most respected fishmen alive, a famous Knight of the Sea. I could see that being a reason why Jinbei didn't want Luffy to fight Hodi.

    i think he doesnt want luuft to fight him because of something more plot related than just that hodi is strong. maybe hodi is the son of fisher tiger, but im sure when we get the huge flashback, we will get the skinny on him

  11. #190
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    If Hodi gets beaten by a human, he'll just become a second Arlong, a martyr for all fishmen, who wanted to rise against humans, and humans defeated him, and destroyed his ambition. If Jinbei were to beat him, it would just be an internal conflict. Hodi is not a martyr any more, he's a fishman who is beaten by one of the most respected fishmen alive, a famous Knight of the Sea. I could see that being a reason why Jinbei didn't want Luffy to fight Hodi.
    That is a great point, I had not thought of that. It would make sense for jimbei to not want luffy to fight in that scenario. Should hodi be defeated like that then the cycle would just be repeated by someone else who feels the same way. That would not quite explain why exactly jimbei has not dealt with hodi yet though. Perhaps hodi is strong enough as it is and with his forces behind him it would be impossible for jimbei?

  12. #191
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    Antarctica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    Aren't the new Fishmen crew labled as rebels? The current order is the Neptune army, who contains the royalties the ordinary people look up to. Opposing them makes them, in my book, traitors to FI.

    I could agree that they have good reputation, but since the old Fishman crew was the direct "heirs" of Fisher Tiger, they were unopposed in terms of popularity. This new crew has the ambitions, but not the reputation.

    If anyone learns that they've teamed up with Van der Decken, their reputation will plummet. Furthermore, I don't think the average Joe knows who Hodi Jones is.

    Finally, this new crew are like Sub-marine Nazis. Their life philosophy completely sickens me. I simply cannot wait until the SH's takes care of them.

  13. #192
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    I thought it was quite obvious that the reason why Jinbe didn't want Luffy to face Hodi was because of the whole "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - philosophy. However, I'm sure the assassination have a lot to do with it as well, but I don't think Jinbei will be the one to fight him, maybe finish him off but I can't really see him as Hodi's main opponent.

    This leads to another question and that is were are the Sunny Pirates? We know that the New Fishman Pirates have a problem with them so perhaps there might be some kind of struggle between them.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones


    THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

  14. #193
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sunny Pirates

    Ero-Sanji
    The rest of the Sunny pirates left FI with Jinbe, so that the Marines wouldn't have a reason to invade the island or bring them trouble of being associated with pirates. But it wasn't mentioned if they are active again or just scattered into the world.

    chess4
    Your point wouldn't contradict with Razh's argument.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  15. #194
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    @Schabrak

    Is that a logical assumption or does it really say that in the manga? Don't get me wrong, the idea is very smart, but I don't seem to remember anyone mentioning why the Sunny pirates isn't around just that they aren't around right know. The way Dosun said it sounded like if they could return anytime and that this time is the only and right time to strike.

    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/73903164/6

    I also think that this page is the answer to what happened to the princes, they as the king is currently being, are perhaps attacked by the New fishman. But that should count up to only two destinations, with the king and the princes, but as we can see there are six commanders and the six beasts went their own separate way. Perhaps one of them went to the Candy Factory?
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones


    THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

  16. #195
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

    U guys know how this's going to end up right?

    Zoro beating Hodi, making sure that Jinbei would have to fight Luffy (with Luffy winning the fight of course, to prove the point that Luffy is now a bada$$ M#F)

    Oh, and the rest are just canon fodder to the strawhats. Either Nami ended up stealing all of the castles treasures or destroying all the enemy ships. Either way is fine. The government would have to increase Luffy's bounty to 1 billion.

New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts