Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: One Piece 617 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

i have a "crazy" theory so i'm just gonna throw it out here, how about the ppl pulling the string behind hodi etc. are the princes.... just a thought

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dqrt View Post
    i have a "crazy" theory so i'm just gonna throw it out here, how about the ppl pulling the string behind hodi etc. are the princes.... just a thought
    After CP9, never just expect the expected hey?

For all we know, yeah sure the princes are the main villains. Jinbe could be the main villain. Random guy in background could be main villain.

I'm thinking Oda is spending some quality time now building up Hodi as the main villain, but it still lacks that crucial "Oh god Luffy needs to send this guy flying" vibe. I am hoping he builds this up over the next few chapters, I do think Hodi is most likely the main villain and people seem to be inadvertedly disappointed because he respects Arlong and uses drugs. You do realise Luffy respects Hacchi, not just for his strength, and uses Gear 2 as a natural doping method which also shortens his life?

Hodi vs Luffy could be a better fight than most people are giving imagination for.
    Last edited by bittman; March 14, 2011 at 07:03 PM.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man i am really suprise that it seem that there is going to be a chapter of one piece coming out this week. I never though there will be one this week, I thought that due to what is going on in japan that they will delay the release for a couple of week but it seem I was wrong, it's not that i'm complaining or anything, but it's really unexpected, I guess they want to recover their economy as soon as possible, but I seriously don't know if I should be happy or not from this news especially with the recent event.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GPZrag's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know that this is not ON TOPIC, however I must say... GO JAPAN! KEEP STRONG!
    =)

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zerox Millienium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hodi may be seen as a victim of the past. His childhood was traumatized by cruelty of humans towards their race, and respect for his own kind who opposed the perpetrators. One of Jimbei's message to Luffy led me to believe that Hodi was probably misguided and can be changed. Even Hachi tried to stop their expedition hoping he can reason with Hodi. Joining the army primarily to get stronger and perhaps while in service, he felt the army was soft under Neptune's rule. Maybe he never had a chanced meeting with the queen who was briefly mentioned by Jimbei in earlier chapter. Or perhaps something happened to the queen that led him to a different conclusion. Whatever the reason, there will probably be a flashback of Hodi's life and his resolve.

Van der Decken is a lost cause I'm afraid. He's probably just another shrimp waiting to be kicked by Luffy. Obsessive, greedy and selfish, he probably sees the whole thing as a chance for his own gain. I don't think he respects Hodi's beliefs or resolve.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does it say there's OP this week?

I 'will' lean to believe that there's one coming since the Japanese likely don't want to be left behind for too long, I know they'll fight it.

On the matter with VDD, that is just how strange this arc is proceeding;
    that if Oda decided to start running arcs like he did with Ace, it's really going to be difficult for the fans to predict the outcome - that is,
    first showing the near-end result (say, prosecution), then, leaving the emotional core to develop in an after-math.
    Because there's still loose end lay between this VDD xi (or whatever) and the original that has landed (the Cami's story).

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Who would go against a yonkou? Cos anybody organising this is in opposition to one.

If the new fleet admiral is Akainu it makes sense, him being scheming & trying to isolate the pirate threat but i dont see the marines actively challenging a yonkou. So a strong pirate tryna make a name for himself. I think one of Arlongs old comrades, who stayed behind to organise Hodis generation for Arlongs return, used Hodis fanboyism to get him to take over the palace so he could go unnoticed. Hodis gonna take over but that guy comes in with his own crew(or traitors within Hodis)& jacks the throne to start his plan. Gives Hodi a chance at redemption when he realises his heroes are tryna oppress his home.

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Chapter ! Loved the face of VDD when he got turned down LOL and sanji no more nosebleeds? Thank god for that.

I said in the previous chapter that Hodi and VDD wont really be the big villians in this arc and now we see them almost beaten against tied Luffy and Zoro being underwater. Still there is the pills for Hodi and VDD looks like he is not down yet but I think there are more powerfull enemies for strawhats than theese two.
    Last edited by benelori; November 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM.

New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15