Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 617 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 617 Discussion / 618 Prediction Thread

Damn after seeing and reading the chapter Hodi really rose in my eyes. Great villain, indeed. The way he blocked Zoro's technique reminds me of how Luffy blocked Arlong's bite with a fishman pirate. I also like Hodi's attacks they are like upgraded versions of Arlong's. I mean Sanji referred to Arlong's single water drop shot as powerful as a gun and now we witness Hodi doing the same thing but instead he shoots several drops. The "Soshark" skill also reminded me of Arlong, when he crushed the pillar with his teeth.

I've now gained new hope for this character and I think he will be a big threat. Btw were are his officers and Hyozou? I guess this will serve out as the Buggy arc where Zoro fights the boss, loses or the match gets interrupted and then he goes of facing the major swordsman antagonist.

It's amazing how fast rumours spread, Hodi has already gotten the information about the prophecy or could it be that Hodi and Shirley are working together as some are suggesting. Would be nice too see her against Robin

Oh, and as I said hodi was bad from the beginning and the time in the army was not of love for the kingdom.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I ain't ever found nor looked for pandaman so I thought it was pretty cool that I noticed it in the third page, bottom panel and far right

Anyway, I said it a while back, and I'll say it again. My bet is that Sanji would be turned off by the size of the Princess. I don't think we are going to be seeing a miracle where he overcomes his lust here.
    Last edited by Freid; March 09, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

one question, why is zoro using his left hand instead of his dominant arm to fight?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 617 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhina View Post
    I guess this settles that Zoro has NOT eaten a devil's fruit. Meaning we can finally conclude the discussion from a while back.
    It never was a discussion from the start. We already knew that zoro ate no devil fruit when he came out of the water after the timeskip.

Any discussion regarding that fact was just plainly stupid.

It's not like I didn't warn them:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...26#post2222326

NB: yes, I 'm a sore winner ...

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 617 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dragonballz66 View Post
    Based on the spoilers, Hodi, to me is a coward. I hope Zoro will kick his fish butt.
    Hodi is like a mafia boss anyone of his subs should be willing to take a bullet for him when the time come. I mean seriously if that was you what would you take and attack that would injure you head on when you know you can duck behind someone and avoid it. Put it this way if president was going to get shot and he saw it and then pull a SS agent into the way he would not be called a coward and the SS agent would be known as a hero he saving the presidents life.

Also we can she how Luffy and Hodi had childhood influence that lead to their way of life. Luffy learned of the freedom of the sea and companionship of nakamas from shanks and his crew, and Hodi learns his hatred and by all means ideals from arlong and his crew, so to Hodi what he doing is nothing more than what is necessary for him to take control of FI.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rindou's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

i just don't understand why some people though Sanji and Chopper met Luffy in the sea forest. they were still at coral hill.
    and mangastream make false translation again.
    it was not prophecy. 因縁 can be roughly translated as "fate/destiny" but in this kind of sentence, it had more meaning on "a relation/grudge/tie/bound". so rather than "straw hat of the prophecy", i would rather translate it to "straw hat pirates that we had grudge on" or something like that.
    there are other mistranslations to, but i won't bother as long as it was not becoming a topic.
    Don't forget.
    Always, somewhere, someone fighting for you.
    While you remember her, you are not alone.

10. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post
    one question, why is zoro using his left hand instead of his dominant arm to fight?
    maybe it his left arm technique it not like it would matter seen as he fights with 3 sword so which hand he use to fight is kinda irrelevant

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job keeping up the facade sensei... but I know Tashigi is Kuina under hypnosis! Bwahahaha!

I hope Nami will kick butt in the upcoming fight. This whole arc will be a resolution of her past issues. And lol at Arlong trying to take over the world. He was from GL, he should have known he was small fry.

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omegakai View Post
    Hodi is like a mafia boss anyone of his subs should be willing to take a bullet for him when the time come. I mean seriously if that was you what would you take and attack that would injure you head on when you know you can duck behind someone and avoid it. Put it this way if president was going to get shot and he saw it and then pull a SS agent into the way he would not be called a coward and the SS agent would be known as a hero he saving the presidents life.

Also we can she how Luffy and Hodi had childhood influence that lead to their way of life. Luffy learned of the freedom of the sea and companionship of nakamas from shanks and his crew, and Hodi learns his hatred and by all means ideals from arlong and his crew, so to Hodi what he doing is nothing more than what is necessary for him to take control of FI.
    Huh no. You got it all wrong.

2 situations can happen in a mafia/yakuza case:

the familly likes the boss and they decide to protect him @ all costs
    the boss loves the familly and he protects his underlings from getting hit etc.

If a Mafia/Yakuza boss uses his own underlings to protect himself he won't be reviewed as a good boss.

Same thing with the president. If Obama was to get shot the SS agents would have to put themselves infront of him. If he grabbed someone and hid behind that person, the president would be a coward that decided to protect himself rather than his citizens. He would be scrutinized for the rest of his life.

So what Hodi did, Arlong would never do. He cared for his Nakama. If Arlong saw Hodi now he would probably punch him in the face.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda is now making jokes with Decken's power : he made Decken throw garbage at Hatchan. I'm pretty sure Nami is looking for the Ryugu Palace's treasure. Robin has not been showed since the entry of the Strawhat Pirates into Fishman Island. Oda is probably keeping the Poneglyph for the end of the arc. I bet that the intel it holds will be the key to solve the Fishman Island's crisis.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hodi's tech looks like he infused haki into the water droplet to double their power... literally making them like bullets...would be interesting if thats how it worked..

zoro aint gonna win this fight since its underwater, if it were on land though im sure it would be a tie...basically ultimately hodi will be only defeated by luffy

lols at nami running away, i thought she had gotten over her trauma of the arlong pirates?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro's awesomeness is just... well, awesome! How badass can the guy be?! He has almost any possible handicap (except maybe a large cut on the chest like the one he had during Arlong arc) while Hodi only has advantages and yet I wouldn't like to be in Hodi's shoes for all the gold in the world. The Strawhats have become incredibly powerful!

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Oda is now making jokes with Decken's power : he made Decken throw garbage at Hatchan. I'm pretty sure Nami is looking for the Ryugu Palace's treasure. Robin has not been showed since the entry of the Strawhat Pirates into Fishman Island. Oda is probably keeping the Poneglyph for the end of the arc. I bet that the intel it holds will be the key to solve the Fishman Island's crisis.
    Robin was shown searching for a poneglyph

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shiki_Dance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Far be it from me to suggest that Zoro would use an attack that he didn't invent himself... but did anyone else think that yakkoudori looked rather similar to this attack? Which in itself was sort of a miniature version of this one?

Can't say at this point whether they are related, but I was reminded of it in any case, mostly because of the shape and the way it runs along the ground.

Otherwise, great chapter! I was honestly surprised to see Zoro start to take on Hodi underwater, though his reasons for doing so are pure Zoro - keeping the guy busy, letting others escape. I don't think his goal is to beat Hodi, though. Just to distract him. I like how it gave the palace royals a chance to see first hand that the Strawhats are not bad people, really. I am still wondering if this means a different Strawhat will fight Hyouzou (which would be a nice deviation from the normal set-up, formula is sometimes dull), or if Zoro will at a later time (which would still be pretty awesome).

I'm still very much anticipating what Jinbe has to say, and I'm also curious about the poneglyph and if it will have an impact on this arc or a different one later on.

I'm also very curious about what Nami is up to... I'd rather like to think it's more important than looking for a treasure room or what have you. She seemed mighty upset at Hodi's announcement of being an Arlong ally, and that they had unwittingly aided this guy's agenda.

And about Zoro using his left hand... He always keeps his swords on his right. Doesn't that suggest his left is his dominant hand (if he even has one, he may be ambidextrous)?
    My crazy One Piece theory:
    Spoiler show

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Robin appeared in the fish taxi, heading to Sea Forest, remember
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

New Reply
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast