Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 617 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Umm al-Qaiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 617 Spoiler Discussion

Am I the only one who was looking forward to Luffy and Jinbei meeting again more than the fights? I really want to hear what Jinbei has to say about Hodi, among other things.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    lol evenly match when hodi can block with 1000 of his men and under water

Great tactic from a man who wants to show that fishmen are above humans
    It IS a good tactic. Hodi is trying to show that Fishmen are superior to humans in every single way.

Strength? Fishmen are better.
    Swimming underwater? Fishmen are better.
    Being Fishmen? Fishmen are better.
    Breathing underwater? Fishmen are better.
    Shields? Fishmen shields are superior to human shields.

I feel inadequate as a human just looking at that list. I could never be as effective as a shield when compared to a Fishman.

Hodi, you win this round.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lawlord's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately I feel that Zoro will lose this.

Reasons being:

- Luffy has been warned specifically not to fight Hodi, and given how this fight is now escalating between the two, with fully fledged attacks being traded, Hodi still needs to fight Luffy to reconcile Jinbei's message.

- Hodi has no pills and has already blocked Zoro's attack (even if it was a warm up). Being that be blocked it with a crew member, who he has a lot of around, shows his ruthlessness and that he is not fodder. Especially even blocking from Zoro.

- Zoro will be fighting Hodi in the water. We already know Hodi is a monster in the water, and Zoro while good is not at his best. He could not handle the current after plunging into FI, and was rescued by a fishman. A fishman as skilled as hodi will pose problems.

- Hodi is the arcs main villian. He actually has ideals involved in the main issues of the arc, such as fishman superiority, likely involved in destruction of Fishman island, and has had a warning given of him by Jinbei. As opposed to Vander deken who is infactuated with a princess, though he may have been involved 10 years later it is Hodi's ideals that will be tested this arc. His strength is what we need to watch. He needs only to pop 10 pills and he will be monstrous.

I'm not sure if they will only have a little skirmish and later on whatever, but I feel if Zoro fights Hodi all out now he will lose.

Thus what I think will happen, because I don't think Oda will allow Zoro to lose is that there will be a small skirmish and they will break up and move to other objectives.

"Don't fight Hodi" must have a reason. Oda doesn't forget these things. I want zoro to beat his ass inside out but the feeling I get from the chapters is things aren't as easy as they seem.

This feeling was supported by this chapter where Hodi seems to be doing well, and problems for Zoro are incoming.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rickfox's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by undertoe View Post
    Am I the only one who was looking forward to Luffy and Jinbei meeting again more than the fights? I really want to hear what Jinbei has to say about Hodi, among other things.
    well,you are not the only one.

one of those interesting plots is why Jinbe asked Luffy not to fight Jones.

and in what purposes--A,becuase Jones is too powerful
    B,fighting Jones is not helpful to solve the Fishmen island's crisis
    C,Jinbe try to protect Jones(for god knows reason)

I did analyse those three purposes ,and certainly B and C comes to the top(save hundreds words here).

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hodi will fight zoro for a small time and then gets away not from running away from the fight but to kill Neptune and then the octopus samurai will fight zoro

or nami will fight hodi(just a theory) because nami is pissed when seeing the tattoo

i think luffy will not fight in this arc i think he will just watch with jinbe and with the mermaid princess drinking orange juice

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dragonballz66's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm predicting that we haven't seen the full extent of Zoro's ability. I'm rooting that he could beat Hodi. With regards to Hyouzou, he might not be a bad guy after all. He might end up helping the SH.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rickfox's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dragonballz66 View Post
    I'm predicting that we haven't seen the full extent of Zoro's ability. I'm rooting that he could beat Hodi. With regards to Hyouzou, he might not be a bad guy after all. He might end up helping the SH.
    according to CH 617 Spoiler,he use one of his fellow fishman as a sheild to block Zoro's attack----an act even Arlong would not low himself enough to commit.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Guru Nanak's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ he said "With regards to Hyouzou", base on the spoilers posted - Hodi use a fishman as shield not Hyouzou. So yeah, I'll agree for him right now, maybe Hyouzou might not be a bad guy after all.

About Zoro vs. Hodi - awesome decision by Oda to let Zoro handle him and not luffy. It's really repetitive when every match one in One Piece its always Luffy handling the big guys, time for the crew to show that they're not far from luffy in terms of strength.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the spoilers, Hodi, to me is a coward. I hope Zoro will kick his fish butt.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

So, in order to have a real fight, it's zoro (and not luffy) vs hodi & the fight will be underwater. And hodi already have to use teammates to protect himself after only one move from zoro. Hodi is really a lame enemy.
    Hodi will take pills to grow stronger ? Who cares ? Zoro will put his bandana.
    Hodi will take even more pills ? Who Cares ? Zoro will open his 2 eyes.

Fortunately for Hodi, usopp had one good comment about the fact that he was stronger than Arlong.
    Last edited by zelllogan; March 09, 2011 at 04:19 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro is much stronger than Hodi and this is the reason why Oda make them fight under water to try and match them by reducing Zoro's strenght and increasing Hodi's power. so hope you do not argue about who is stronger, as always Zoro fights his enemies with a handicap to not finish them in a short time.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blue Walk's Avatar
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Although it was for humor, the fact still stands that luffy also employed this maneuver. Now justified, luffy used someone he wasnt really friends with as opposed to his nakama but i dont think hodi doing it is something we should all be disgusted about. I'd say similar to franky but 1000x dirtier.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow with Luffy meeting up with Sanji and Chopper. It's seems like Luffy won't fight in this Arc (which is highly unlikely) with the current match ups. Zoro vs Hodi and Van der Decken (VDD), who is pursuing the princess in order to 'harm' her. Sanji wouldn't let that happen.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I said in the Prediction thread that Hodi and VDD versus Zoro and Sanji. So yeah, I hope Zoro will give Hodi a good fish butt whipping.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

im going to hold off on my comment with zoro's scene until i see next chapter. he has to have some oxygen in order to fight. there is no way he will win against hodi without oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Nanak View Post
    ^^ he said "With regards to Hyouzou", base on the spoilers posted - Hodi use a fishman as shield not Hyouzou. So yeah, I'll agree for him right now, maybe Hyouzou might not be a bad guy after all.

About Zoro vs. Hodi - awesome decision by Oda to let Zoro handle him and not luffy. It's really repetitive when every match one in One Piece its always Luffy handling the big guys, time for the crew to show that they're not far from luffy in terms of strength.
    Hyouzou's after the money. if king neptune pays him more than the new fishman pirates offered him, he'll switch sides
    Last edited by chitgoks; March 09, 2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast