Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Gantz Weapons May Eventually Exist in Real Life

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belarus
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Weapons May Eventually Exist in Real Life

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/22...when-yo-6.html

The article is about a man who, in 1978, was accidentally shot in the head by a proton beam coming from a particle accelerator. He didn't die, but the effects of the proton beam seem eerily similar to the Gantz X-gun.

"As you can see from the picture, the beam entered the back of Bugorski's head and came out around his nose. Shortly after this happened, Bugorski's left half of his face swelled up beyond recognition."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Weapons May Eventually Exist in Real Life

I'd hope to see something similar to the gantz suit in the future. A skin-tight suit that can be worn underneath my clothes yet makes me bulletproof? Yes please.

The bad news is the first ones to get a hold of them would be the governments and the extremely wealthy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Crisis.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i doubt they would ever release a suit like that to the public.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis. View Post
    i doubt they would ever release a suit like that to the public.
    Everything has a price.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If heaven forbid Gantz tech did exist then there is no way that a civilian would get anyway near that no matter how much money they had. No government would allow it. Furthermore I'm sure that the cost of producing it would far exceed what anyone man could afford to pay.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    If heaven forbid Gantz tech did exist then there is no way that a civilian would get anyway near that no matter how much money they had. No government would allow it. Furthermore I'm sure that the cost of producing it would far exceed what anyone man could afford to pay.
    Yeah sure. Corporations and private entities already run most of the world anyway. Of course no average joe would be able to get a hold of said technology, but you can bet on the elite having it.

It would be scary regardless as I trust neither with such power. It would be great if I had a gantz suit, the invisibility remote, and an h-gun or two though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Bike, it cant fly, but fast
    goo.gl/3Q69A

Gantz suit's material, D3O, the outermost layer of suit
    goo.gl/Nf4fS

it's possible to mimic muscles by using plastic, it will be the inner layer
    goo.gl/WgqoY

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a Gantz-Suit is already "partially" created already.
    It may most likely only be distributed to astronauts if we have finally obtained enough technology to go to other plants effortlessly.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The suit is honestly something that I wouldn't see being developed anytime in the forseeable future. The first type of strength-enhancing suits I could see would be more like the type in you see in Crysis or Halo (exoskeletons). The gantz suit actually protects its user by way of some invisible force field (which is why the head is also protected); it's not the actual material of the suit itself which does anything.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    The suit is honestly something that I wouldn't see being developed anytime in the forseeable future. The first type of strength-enhancing suits I could see would be more like the type in you see in Crysis or Halo (exoskeletons). The gantz suit actually protects its user by way of some invisible force field (which is why the head is also protected); it's not the actual material of the suit itself which does anything.
    i did think of one "impossible" way. To start with,the smallest known energy cell,lithium cell in laptop,seems to be small and efficient but it cant give such superpower,the cells wont be portable even if it can.So nuclear energy is the only way out,if it's possible to make an uranium cell and if we can manage to freeze/control the speed of neutrons(the reaction rate) inside a very small,portable cell,then the energy output can be steady but large.If it works ideally,then the last thing we should worry about is...the user will be killed by radiation.However,we dont need to reduce the radiation completely eg.0.000001% left,because the radiation cant kill you too quickly, if we can reduce it to,say ~20%(maybe too much),you wont feel a thing before mission end, when mission end, you will be healed again by gantz....so the only limitation is that you cant wear it when there's no mission or take away your suit and put it at home, the radiation will kill you

so to simplify, if human use this method in the future,then they have to solve 3 main problems
    1.control the reaction rate inside a very tiny cell
    2.absorb large amount of heat and radiation with a thin,plastic suit
    3.very very fast and accurate processor and sensor, eg. if the sensor hangs,the sensor keep giving processor signal "muscle A, contract", and then the processor will keep contracting the "muscle A" even if it doesnt, it will cause muscle cramp, maybe fatal since it's powered by nuclear energy

yea....i know this sounds logical

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Gantz-style weaponry will exist...I have my doubts about actually being able to create such technology, but let's say, that such technology is at our disposal...today's armed combat is designed, or the future designs are in such a way, that the soldier/fighter would be far from harm's way...what I've seen so far, the focus is on AI guiding systems, long ranged fighting and such...so fancy suits and close quarter firearms like in Gantz won't really exist...I think

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Yeah sure. Corporations and private entities already run most of the world anyway. Of course no average joe would be able to get a hold of said technology, but you can bet on the elite having it.

It would be scary regardless as I trust neither with such power. It would be great if I had a gantz suit, the invisibility remote, and an h-gun or two though.
    Haha! People like you are funny. Hi there, I'm "the man"... well one of them anyways. We're all just people. As much as you may think we control everything, we have a boss too, its called "the media". Never letting us have any fun without telling on us!!!

As for a gantz suit, trust me, the gov't isn't getting one of those from the lowest bidder. You'd see it from private industry long before us.
    Last edited by Juntakyle; February 27, 2011 at 10:23 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

That's the kind of thing you'd say if you were controlling everything though.

"lol yeah, nah, no we're not haha... yeah..."

New Reply