Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: DC Comics Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Red Hood's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DC Comics Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    One theory is that the Batman psyche dies, and that Bruce Wayne goes to square one and becomes less awesome.

Batman took a vacation after Infinite Crisis, so he doesn't need another =P
    I like that theory it really makes sense,since the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh has detach himself from Bruce Wayne when hes in Arkham. But still in Final Crisis Batman have being capture and it seems hes doom, they say that whats going to happen to him will fit in with the arc of Batman RIP.

IMO if Batman dies i think the best one who could replace him should be Nightwing.
    BATTLE FOR THE COWL!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

So what happen to Batman? Is he dead or not? And was his "dad" the one who really killed him

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Red Hood's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still confused about it too, but I think he's not Bruce Wayne's father. I'm waiting for some other comics of the Batman R.I.P arc to be release so I can clear my doubts. Batman survive the crash but when he came back to the Batcave, he soon leave to investigate the dead of Orion (and no one knows where he went) which brings us to Final Crisis arc 1-7.Yesterday I download Final Crisis 6 and yes sadly Batman dies. I haven’t got the time to read it just yet but they told me that he sacrifice his live to defeat Darksied. I don’t have any details of the fight but as soon as i read the comic I’ll let u know or you can download Final Crisis 1-6 (the 7th chapter will be release in Feb.).
    Last edited by Red Hood; January 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
    BATTLE FOR THE COWL!

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting news out of the DC this week...All of their major comics are getting reset.

Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Green Lantern, etc... all starting over at issue #1. Making all of the big name heroes younger. I'm not really a big DC reader so i don't have much of an opinion on it. But i'm curious to hear what some long time DC fans think about the move.
    • The obvious upside is....
      It's going to give DC the chance to update many characters to a more modern form and it will make it much easier for new readers to pick one of those comics and understand what's going on.
    • The obvious downside is...
      Well, it's basically going to trash a lot of stuff that's happened over the past decade or so. I mean, is there even a point in cracking open a DC comic between now and September if everything that happens is going to get erased anyway?

So what do you think? Is this something you are going to look forward to or is it an unforgivable travesty?
    Last edited by Jammin; June 01, 2011 at 06:03 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Just.. wow. Frankly speaking I'm not into this comic business anymore, whether its Marvel or DC, so I can't say if I'm happy or not. I daresay I'm neutral, hehe xd

I looked at the link and let me clear the stuff: "reset" means that everything starts all over again for each of the characters, or just it mean that they will be younger but the stories from the past still will count? I think that I only read that some of the characters will have some minor image changes <which to me seems odd at first, but lets wait and see <though with such changes there may be some harsh critics>
    Nonetheless, interesting news.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what i've read the comics aren't quite planned to restart at point zero. More like heroes are going to be in their early 20's again and almost all of the major events are going to get the ol' narrative eraser. No word on character relationships yet but i'd bet money Clark Kent & Lois Lane will "unhappen".

Characters like Batman for example, will still be Batman. Seems like they are not planning to redo the origin stories. It's just that Batman will be young and the vast majority non-origin story things that happened to Batman will never have occurred. No word yet on his sidekicks. So they may or may not exist.

Also some character role changes are coming. The character Cyborg for example is on the cover on the new justice league comic. So obviously his character is getting a promotion. Here's to hoping that promotion is not just to "the Justice Leagues token black guy".

-------------------------------

From my perspective as a comic reader who has never really been able to find an acceptable entry point into the DC universe. This whole situation sounds pretty good. When i picked up the major DC comics there was always too much stuff i just wasn't able to understand. So i see a point were i know i can find a starting point on these comics now.

But as a Spider-man reader i understand the pain of something like this too. I mean, it just makes all the comics before this point seem like a waste. And i can only pray that whatever method DC uses is better than what Marvel used. Because that was a complete disaster.

---------- Post added June 13, 2011 at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was June 02, 2011 at 12:20 PM ----------

Few more details on the reset for anybody interested, along with a ton of cover images for the new comics.

Spoiler: Some of what is known..... show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7