Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Questions & Answers Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions & Answers Thread

What? I didn't understand anything! Polygamy??!! If you are talking about genealogy: Nurahyrion (now the old man) married a woman (that chick with healing powers we saw at Kyoto flashback, forgot the name;, his son Nura Rihan married a youkai but she couldn't get pregnant and left him, then some yeras later he married a woman who gave birth to Rikuo, then Rihan died and Rikuo became the third generation of the Nura clan!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions & Answers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hannya View Post
    can anyone tell me what after mago/grandson in Japanese? so i know what to call rikuo son and grandson
    and how is the japanese feel about polygamy? will rikuo having more than 2 wives will become problem?
    magograndson
    3曾孫himagogreat-grandson
    4玄孫yashagogreatx2grandson
    5来孫raisongreatx3grandson
    6昆孫konsongreatx4grandson
    7仍孫jousongreatx5grandson
    8雲孫unsongreatx6grandson

After that the word used is x代目の孫, (number)-grandson, i.e unson is 8代目の孫, 8th grandson.

I'm not Japanese so I don't know what they think about that, the law that prohibit polygamy itself written in Meiji era because of western influence, before that polygamy is common. Modern Japanese may think that monogamy is the norm now and can't think of polygamy (it's against their law anyway).

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2