Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Urahara

62 62.63%
  • Isshin

37 37.37%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Urahara Kisuke vs Kurosaki Isshin

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara Kisuke vs Kurosaki Isshin

Urahara vs. Isshin

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Urahara

Urahara Kisuke, former captain of the 12th division, is usually seen as a laid-back, jovial fellow, but also shows a deceptively cunning and serious side when the situation warrants it. Having founded the research institute in Soul Society, Urahara has developed a number of unique items which he uses for various purposes. He is a skilled fighter with great proficiency in all areas of shinigami combat. His zanpakutō, Benihime, takes the form of a shikomizue. His shikai has several special techniques. Its primary offensive technique allows him to fire particularly strong and destructive, yet controlled crimson-colored energy blasts and its primary defensive ability forms an hexagonal-shaped "blood mist shield" in front of Urahara. Another set of techniques allow him to form a tangible, blood red net that when thrown over an opponent binds and restricts their movements. Stabbing this net with Benihime causes a series of destructive explosions which can cause tremendous damage to the intended target.
    Isshin

Kurosaki Isshin, formerly a powerful shinigami (rank and division unknown, although suspected to be at captain-level), can be grim and serious at times, but typically acts in a goofy, energetic and fun-loving manner. Despite being a little rusty, Isshin has diplayed high proficiency in all areas of shinigami combat. His zanpakutō, Engetsu, has the special shikai ability Getsuga Tenshō, an energy blast that slashes down opponents with a single stroke. His GT has been shown to be so powerful that a large portion of Fake Karakura town was demolished and reduced to nothing more than a large crater.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Tsukisama; February 27, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kurosaki Isshin

Tough choice. Urahara's more versatile, but Isshin's outright more powerful. Ignoring that stupid sword kido it'd be pretty evenly split in that regard.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Tough choice. Urahara's more versatile, but Isshin's outright more powerful. Ignoring that stupid sword kido it'd be pretty evenly split in that regard.
    Yeah. I'm not gonna be voting on this one until we get some good discussion going haha.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i say urahara.

isshin not really shown much i not really bought into the hype about isshin yet ..the fight against aizen to me showed nothing. the only impressive feat is keeping the dankai for 3 months open with his reistu..he has a hugeeeeeeee amount.

urahara wins becoz of his moves and skills we seen..not the omg one kido stuff people say would win but his cqc and shikai abilites.

he might be overhyped but urahara wins this

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara Kisuke without a doubt. Isshin failed to impress me the way he did others. I think Kisuke holds the edge in nearly every area. His shikai is a million times better than a one-trick GT pony, he's displayed spectacular kidou, has his inventions, and is obviously a lot smarter than Kurosaki.

Of course Kisuke's got to avoid a direct hit from GT at all costs, but the same can easily said about Ishin and Shibari Benihime.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin was able to best Aizen when no special abilities were involved. We know that even without KS, Aizen is still a damn powerful Shinigami, so the fact that Isshin actually beat him sealed sword to sealed sword is pretty impressive. I don't think Urahara could do the same.

In terms of swordsmanship, Reiatsu, and power, I'd say Isshin has a pretty significant advantage. In terms of versatility, Urahara, and being a Byakuya supporter, I recognize how important that one advantage is . The inventions don't hurt either. I have no idea who would win in terms of speed though.

Assuming the Reiatsu cuffs are allowed, I don't see them being used enough to be much of a game changer, they might warrant him a few kills overall, but not enough to base an argument on.

Seems like a damn close match, but I'm leaning towards Isshin, I'll wait to see more posts.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too sure. Isshin is a straightforward and very powerful fighter while urahara is more deceptive and less physically powerful.

In terms of speed, I actually see isshin as being superior. But urahara's shikai is much more versatile. Albeit, one hit from GT and urahara is a goner.

Will not select yet, will wait for more posts

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Isshin was able to best Aizen when no special abilities were involved. We know that even without KS, Aizen is still a damn powerful Shinigami, so the fact that Isshin actually beat him sealed sword to sealed sword is pretty impressive.
    You mean shikai to sealed sword.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^True, but aizen's sword doesn't increase his strength in any way shape or form though

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    You mean shikai to sealed sword.
    His sword looked Sealed, we still don't have an explanation as to why Isshin's Shikai (probably constant release) would look so ordinary. At any rate, it's not like he GT'd him to victory, he beat him just by having better swordsmanship.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The point is that GT means it was a shikai. Sealed zanpakutous don't have special traits. He's definitely a constant release type like Ichigo and Kenpachi. Comparing shikais Kisuke's is obviously way better, and yeah I do think Kisuke with his shikai could defeat sealed Aizen.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    His sword looked Sealed, we still don't have an explanation as to why Isshin's Shikai (probably constant release) would look so ordinary. At any rate, it's not like he GT'd him to victory, he beat him just by having better swordsmanship.
    Not every zanpakutou looks different in shikai state though. Anyway, sealed zanpakutous have no features/abilities so he couldn't have used a GT with his sealed sword.

As for this match. I won't make a long post, yet.

But I will say for now that Kisuke Urahara definitely takes this more often than not, in my opinion. Kisuke has shown far more than Isshin. Furthermore, Kisuke is significantly more versatile, he's very powerful in his own right, he's pretty fast, and has a portable gigai substitution technique that could create a good opening for him to get a really good hit in on Isshin.

In addition, Kisuke has also shown amazingly good kido abilities (using several kido spells in quick succession pretty effectively)...even going as far as developing his own sealing kido techs as well as being able to hide sealing kido techs inside other kido blasts completely undetected. Not to mention Kisuke's superior intellect which usually equates to better fighting tactics or strategies as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    The point is that GT means it was a shikai. Sealed zanpakutous don't have special traits. He's definitely a constant release type like Ichigo and Kenpachi. Comparing shikais Kisuke's is obviously way better, and yeah I do think Kisuke with his shikai could defeat sealed Aizen.
    You know, I actually partially agree with you here...I always assumed Isshin was using his shikai against Aizen...however, we did see Rose use a special tech (although we don't know if it's his zan) against the Gillian while his sword was sealed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    You know, I actually partially agree with you here...I always assumed Isshin was using his shikai against Aizen...however, we did see Rose use a special tech (although we don't know if it's his zan) against the Gillian while his sword was sealed.
    I think that was some sort of hybrid tech that Rose used. Kinda how Hachi acquired new healing powers similar to orihime's and developed new barriers techs--that cannot be dispelled by shinigami kido-- with his hybrid powers. And we know that Hachi does not even need his Mask to use those abilities, though he does logically get a boost if he wears his Mask. It would make sense seeing as a sealed zanpakutou is well... sealed. You need to be at least in shikai to use its special abilities. Therefore Isshin had to be in shikai if he was using a GT.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NinjaPenguinator's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin will strike first, Slicing at his friends chest. Then Urahara will appear behind him and reveal the one that Isshin just slashed was a gigai as he uses some form of technique (his red net, or a kido) to trap Isshin. Kurosaki will have three options then; Dodge it, Tank it, or Counter it with some form of his own Kido (has he shown any in the manga? I forgot >.> ) I'd guess he would tank it to be honest, maybe releasing a GT instinctively like Ichigo did in his fight against ressurection Ulquiorra

I'll need help to continue the fight after that, but I'm fairly certain that's how it would start. Probably followed by Urahara releasing a barrage of Kidos

This is gonna be a CLOSE ONE!!!!

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast