Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Urahara

62 62.63%
  • Isshin

37 37.37%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Urahara Kisuke vs Kurosaki Isshin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kurosaki Isshin

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    That's not true actually. That was not a GT that Ichigo used to attack the Menos Grande; it was just a huge slash. Ichigo never used a GT until he achieved his shikai. And then we even had Ichigo later telling Byakuya that GT is the technique of his zanpakutou. He needs to be at least in shikai to do it. Sealed zanpakutous have zero special abilities. Therefore, Isshin's zanpakutou had to be in shikai for him to use a GT.
    Ichigo said that he'd fired them before though, but never knew how. I always thought that attack on the Menos was a GT. Just a nameless one. Shrug*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Jackk
    Of course he told that it was his Zan's move, but he never said that he should be in Shikai to use it. Also how come simple slash can practically cut such enormous thing as Menos from such distanse? It's rather clear that it was Getsuga, even though it wasn't called. He didn't know the name of his move, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't it.
    Also your logic is invalid according to Isshin, cause it's rather clear that his sword isn't in Shikai, cause their Shikais should be alike.
    It's definitely not clear that it was a Getsuga; it just looked like a slash, and considering that there's the fact that sealed swords do not have special ablities, and Ichigo stated that GT was his zanpakutou's special ability... it is very obvious that Ichigo did not use a GT when he had a sealed sword; it's just not possible.

Everyone knows that sealed zanpakutous have zero abilities, that is why they are well... you know, sealed. Releasing shikai and bankai gives them special abilities. Also, no, Engetsu being similar to Zangetsu does not equate to Engetsu really needing to look exactly like zangetsu in shikai. Also there are zanpakutous that don't change form in shikai; some zanpakutous still look like sealed swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Ichigo said that he'd fired them before though, but never knew how. I always thought that attack on the Menos was a GT. Just a nameless one. Shrug*
    Ichigo was referring to him firing the GTs after he attained his shikai while training with Kisuke, and then when he used it against Renji after getting his resolve high in that SS fight. He didn't know how he shot them until he learned how to do them willingly after training with zangetsu and learning the name of his zanpakutou ability. But he always did those nameless GTs while he was already in shikai. The thing he used on the menos was not a GT.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not every zanpakutou looks different in shikai state though. Anyway, sealed zanpakutous have no features/abilities so he couldn't have used a GT with his sealed sword.
    Just like how Urahara can't shoot lasers when his sword is sealed right?

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo was referring to him firing the GTs after he attained his shikai while training with Kisuke, and then when he used it against Renji after getting his resolve high in that SS fight. He didn't know how he shot them until he learned how to do them willingly after training with zangetsu and learning the name of his zanpakutou ability. But he always did those nameless GTs while he was already in shikai. The thing he used on the menos was not a GT.
    Really? now I know in anime it was red colored, but it had no color in manga so how can you tell? just like Takahashi, I always thought it was GT.

back to topic:
    I think Urahara will pull a victory here, his fake gigai trick and 4 consecutive kidos is basically an endgame for any opponent short of Yama, Aizen (cautious) and Barragan. Maybe Shinji might have a chance as well due to Sakanade's effects. Others will just get massacred.
    Last edited by AlB; March 11, 2011 at 05:07 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough call. I'm still waiting for something that makes sense in the arguments. Isshin was able to out duel a slightly beat up Aizen with no Illusions. This proves that in sealed state Isshin is on par or slightly better than in sealed state Aizen. Impressive. Urahara's Energy cuffs stated by Aizen would have killed him before the evolution. Even more impressive. Isshin was able to inflict the only damage that cocoon Aizen was impressed(?) by. Very impressive. It's just feat after feat they out shined each other (basing it on Aizen). Against each other it's a very tough call. On the basis that they don't know each other however I would think Isshin has the advantage but I'm still going to wait to vote.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Just like how Urahara can't shoot lasers when his sword is sealed right?
    Probably a kido.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me that Isshin has the edge but I won't vote yet, I'm pretty sure we'll hear some good arguments in favor of Urahara.

Isshin pushed Aizen to his shinigami limits, which is a very impressive feat. Yamamoto's Hadō 96 and Ichigo's GT attack most likely took their toll on Aizen and made him reach his limit faster but I don't think Aizen's reiatsu was far below its usual levels when Isshin fought him, he was still strong enough to block Ichigo's sword with his bare hand.

After fighting shinigami Aizen long enough to exhaust him, Isshin fought cocoon Aizen alongside Urahara and Yoruichi, they all got hit, Isshin was the first to get up and he has supported Ichigo in Dangai for three months. This is terrific endurance. Out of Yoruichi's Shunkō, Urahara's Juzutsunagi and Isshin's GT, Aizen acknowledged Isshin's GT to be far superior.

Of course, Urahara is no pushover. He may not have Isshin's physical strength and endurance but we know that he is very intelligent and he is very skillful at kidō. He has techniques like the reiatsu seal that can finish off Isshin if used successfully. It's kind of hard to argue for Urahara though, he didn't fight much by himself. He had brief fights with sealed Yammy who is the weakest espada. Urahara, unlike Isshin, fought Aizen only after Aizen stopped caring about getting hit and became reckless which provided Urahara with the opportunity to put his gigai trick into good effect and use his kidō on him. We have no idea what would happen if it was shinigami Aizen who fought Urahara but it's fair to say that Aizen wouldn't be that open to attacks.

Aizen suggested that Urahara's power was comparable to his at one point but there are different interpretations of this statement:

1) Urahara was on par with Aizen right before the transformation but since Urahara is under the effects of KS, it's hard to argue that this is the case. I don't think Urahara could put up a good fight against KS by himself.

2) Urahara was on par with Aizen 100 years ago, the last time they met when Aizen was still a VC. Even though Aizen was obviously still captain-class at that time, we don't have any reason to think he was as powerful as he is now, 100 years is a long time to improve yourself. For example, even though Hitsugaya is already strong, he may surpass Shunsui in 100 years time.

3) Urahara's power was comparable to Aizen in the sense that they were both shinigami but Aizen evolved to be something superior.

As a side note, Ulquiorra said that he could defeat Urahara and Yoruichi if they tried to protect the injured. Since Ulquiorra takes his information from Aizen, it's unlikely that Aizen said "Urahara is as powerful as me but you can still defeat him." I checked the raw, the translation in this page is wrong, Ulquiorra doesn't say "we'll lose" in the bottom speech bubble, he just says "(Yammy), you can't beat them with your current level", suggesting that there's actually a level that Yammy can beat them. A translator friend confirmed my translation.

In this case, I lean to Isshin, his feats seemed more impressive but as I said, I won't vote yet to hear what other people say about this match-up.

11. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

- @Gran Maestro: According to Juni's translation Ulquiorra never said he could beat Urahara and Yoruichi.

- Urahara can use the strategy he taught Ichigo, to look for the opening between consecutive strikes: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v11/c096/15.html

Here's one of my older post:
    Spoiler show

Isshin likes to make big powerful strikes, so according to Urahara they would be more limited. Look here: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v45/c399/3.html, http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v45/c399/4.html

Isshin was open on the 2nd strike.

- Urahara's seal may not be as hard to activate as everyone thinks. It seems all Urahara has to do is touch his opponent with his hand twice.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; March 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    after Shunsui Ukitake Unohana. So I'd put him right there behind those top 3. And right above Urahara Byakuya Shinji Kensei level.
    now byakuya is on par with shinji and urahara ? and isshin is weaker than ukitake ... you know, i ont think there are more than 10-11 people that erase all prejudgements they have on characters then read topic discussion before voting

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I'd go with Isshin in this. Urahara clearly can't win against any Captain without Shikai, cause in every battle
    and ichigo who always goes bankai? yamamoto who goes shikai against all those he fought so far?byakuya who releases his sword agaisnt that dude in ss arc (cant spell his name) ......... are they all weak?urahara only fought 2-3 fights, you dont make a rule out of such a small number

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post

As a side note, Ulquiorra said that he could defeat Urahara and Yoruichi if they tried to protect the injured. Since Ulquiorra takes his information from Aizen, it's unlikely that Aizen said "Urahara is as powerful as me but you can still defeat him."
    as a side note, ulq said that transforming into a hollow wouldnt help ichigo agaisnt him , shall i remind you how many seconds the fight took ? ulq was clearly fed with aizen's bullshit and clealrly thought aizen was helping hollows because they are stronger than shinigamis

on the outcome : i see that everyone is waiting for some decent arguments, but i have the impression tha many are just looking for who is stronger ... if yes, then just click isshin and vote , the only 3 who are stronger are yama , hogyokuzen and ichigo , but this is a topic where you have to choose between brains and brawn ,and by brain we means ultrageniusness and not above average iq...
    Last edited by tousendrinksbleach; March 11, 2011 at 09:47 AM.
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    - @Gran Maestro: According to Juni's translation Ulquiorra never said he could beat Urahara and Yoruichi.
    I don't know who Ju-Ni's translator was at that time but he translated Ulquiorra's words (to Yammy) as "They are far beyond our level, at this rate we'll lose" instead of the correct translation which is "With your level as it is, you can't win". Translators may have some liberty but Ju-Ni, in this case, made up their own story.

Quote Originally Posted by tousendrinksbleach View Post
    as a side note, ulq said that transforming into a hollow wouldnt help ichigo agaisnt him , shall i remind you how many seconds the fight took ? ulq was clearly fed with aizen's bullshit and clealrly thought aizen was helping hollows because they are stronger than shinigamis
    I will be repeating myself for the umpteenth time but use some common sense and try to understand the difference between possible messages from the author and battle trash-talking. If you have a tendency to disregard all the statements you don't like, then be consistent and disregard them all including the ones which support your argument.
    Last edited by Gran Maestro; March 11, 2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

The translation here (http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...4-page-16.html) differs slightly from the one on Juni's website, but Ulquiorra never says in this translation either that he could beat Yoruichi and Urahara.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    The translation here (http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...4-page-16.html) differs slightly from the one on Juni's website, but Ulquiorra never says in this translation either that he could beat Yoruichi and Urahara.
    This translation still says "We'll lose", which is plain wrong. In the page you posted, Ulquiorra says "If you try to protect the injured and fight me, you most likely lose."

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

then be consistent and disregard them all including the ones which support your argument.
    how very accurate... not
    i'm using it as a anti-argument of what you are saying , i'm either missing entirely your point or you are missing mine

and please stop with the kubo messages already, anyone see that kubo uses trolling as a mean to create "suspense" , that's probably what he thinks he is doing with all his ... kubo always tries to make us believe great challenges are comming ( starkk vanishes, n4 is showns to be super powerful , 10vls can eradicate SS ....)only o have the last espada one shotted by none that aizen himself the king of bleach trolls
    Last edited by tousendrinksbleach; March 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

This translation still says "We'll lose", which is plain wrong. In the page you posted, Ulquiorra says "If you try to protect the injured and fight me, you most likely lose."
    Even if we assume that Ulquiorra meant he would have the upper hand, isn't that same as anyone else boasting in a fight? Yoruichi didn't think she would lose either.

If there was some truth to what Ulquiorra said it still wouldn't prove much. Ulq has R2 and they would have to protect their friends, which would mean free hits for Ulq.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

how very accurate... not
    i'm using it as a anti-argument of what you are saying , i'm either missing entirely your point or you are missing mine
    If this is your answer, yes, I don't get your point.

and please stop with the kubo messages already, anyone see that kubo uses trolling as a mean to create "suspense" , that's probably what he thinks he is doing with all his ... kubo always tries to make us believe great challenges are comming ( starkk vanishes, n4 is showns to be super powerful , 10vls can eradicate SS ....)only o have the last espada one shotted by none that aizen himself the king of bleach trolls
    If you think Kubo is untrustworthy, fine but he is the best we've got.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast