Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Worst Anime Ending

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst Anime Ending

We have a thread for manga so I thought we should also have one for anime.

Please use spoiler tags when appropriate.

You start watching an anime, you like it, and after spending various hours watching it you get to the final episode hoping that it will wrap up things nicely and will answer most, if not all, of your questions; however, when you watch the last episode you find that is full of holes, rushed, doesn’t answer the important questions, is too open-ended and sometimes leaves you with a wtf feeling that makes you wonder why would someone destroy a series with such a bad ending. Well, this is a thread to talk about those least satisfying endings and the reasons why I don’t like them.

Inuyasha (the first Inuyasha, the one before Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen)

Spoiler show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 27, 2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst Anime Ending

Ouran High School Host Club
    Spoiler show

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Rurouni Kenshin: Seishou-hen
    Even Watsuki Nobuhiro, the original creator of RuroKen hated it and publicly "disowned" it, how much worse an anime ending can you find? And while we're at it, the main RuroKen anime had a bad ending as well because it didn't get to finish (got canceled -.-).

Spoiler show

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, i can think of a ton of bad endings. Pretty much every ecchi harem series i've ever watched in fact.

Claymore is the one that immediately jumps out in my mind though. Maybe it's just that i'm a huge fan of the manga but the way it ended boarders on sacrilege to me.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I definately 2nd Claymore, as one that jumps out, even if you just watched only the anime (and never read the manga), it's still bad. The Rigardo battle before the final battle with "you know who", was way more epic, what a let down... sighs.

---------------------------------------

any ending that is "open-ended" (and/or especially one that I don't understand), with no "finalized nail in the coffin conclusion" is a horrible ending for me.

Berserk's ending actually confuses me, but I guess I need to read the manga to understand it, hehe. As best as I can gather, the ending of Berserk, seems to lead to the beginning of it, epsiode 1. Or, maybe I jsut watch or play too much sci fi, lol. anyways, "moral of the story, I should read the manga, lol".

I can't really think of many endings, sighs... my memory needs to be jogged...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 04, 2011 at 08:16 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Berserk ending with a rape scene was not a good choice. Sure we see him with the blacksmith after the time skip but it leaves out so much. How did he escape? What happened to the girl? Thank god for the manga.

Shi-ki - One way to end a series is to kill off all the major characters, maybe leaving a few survivors. At least there's the manga which is based off the novels.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Berserk ending in that "raising hell/demon" scene, if I remember correctly, it's been awhile since I seen the Berserk anime. Forgot the name given to the scene, though, argh... I seen it come up in the Manga Awards....

at least I'm presuming/guessing the "Scene" mentioned in the Manga Awards is the same scene at the end of the anime, with griffith becoming the demon-king and raising hell/demon or something like that... (and maybe the girl gets killed)... now I think my memory is returning... lol...

is this correct or no?

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was called the great eclipse or something. It's the ceremony for one becoming a god hand. Check out the DVDs and there's an interview with Miura and he talks about how he would look over the scripts and make suggestions and changes.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Twelve Kingdoms

The anime itself wasn't bad at all; what was bad about the ending was that it was a RECAP EPISODE about an arc that was four episodes long.

I can't fault them too much though since they were probably expecting Ono Fuyumi to release new books before they continued on.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Twelve Kingdoms

The anime itself wasn't bad at all; what was bad about the ending was that it was a RECAP EPISODE about an arc that was four episodes long.

I can't fault them too much though since they were probably expecting Ono Fuyumi to release new books before they continued on.
    I agree. The whole series was very promising. I followed the anime faithfully hoping for a more conclusive ending but we didn't get anything. Too bad that the rest of the novel were not animated. If there is any, though. It's such an interesting series.

New Reply