Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Naruto and Sasuke's next clash...

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • will happen during the war and Naruto will win

14 12.61%
  • will happen during the war and Sasuke will win

2 1.80%
  • will happen after the war and Naruto will win

26 23.42%
  • will happen after the war and Sasuke will win

12 10.81%
  • will happen during the war but won't have a definite winner

36 32.43%
  • will happen after the war but won't have a definite winner

21 18.92%
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto and Sasuke next clash

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto and Sasuke next clash

I completely forgot about Itachi's gift. Depending on what it does, It can level the field between them without making Naruto stronger, Thus maintaining the overall themes. And as long as the Kyuubi gets removed, That should bring Naruto within range of the other powerful characters without having him top dog.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't a definite winner.. it the manga has to end with sasuke vs naruto then I want one of them to win.. we can't just have an eternal unanswered question about who was stronger...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If the manga does end with a final confrontation between the two, Sasuke will surely lose and probably die. The fight probably still won't give a definitive answer to who is stronger though. Its very likely his character will receive a redeeming act of sacrifice or sought death as a way to find peace. He's played the role of a tragic villian for too long to not receive a redeeming act or a sympathetic death.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I totaly agree with chilibun with " playing the role of a tragic villian for too long to not receive a redeeming act or a sympathetic death"

Its not gonna happen but i wish it could go like this
    Naruto and Sasuke meet again.
    Sasuke: I will revenge my fam..
    Naruto: blahblahblah whatever NO1 is interested in your crappy story, Seriously like i have nothing better to do like saving the world then keeping the promise of bringing you back. Its the only mistake i ever made.
    Sasuke: ?!
    Naruto: You know what.. i'm goin.. you're just an attention *&^*&^.. C ya
    Sasuke: dont walk away from me!?! noooooooooooooo

Anyways i think Naruto is goin to win the next clash during the war and then Naruto (maybe both) fighting Madara in the end.
    Last edited by Raicrune; March 02, 2011 at 04:57 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it will happen after a little timeskip, like 2 months or so.

Who will win? I dunno, I bet on Naruto but sasuke wont die. THe only looser of this whole thing will be Tobi or whoever he REALLY REALLY is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto and Sasuke will probably fight after things have been cleared up with Tobi. Sasuke may not seem to be the final boss of the series, but his fight with Naruto will definitely be placed as final highlight of the series, thus placed at the last part (after the war, I think).

In this fight, Naruto will defeat Sasuke, but not kill him. The latter will finally come to his senses once more and probably live once again as a ninja of Konoha.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner EureKA's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the gift that itachi gave to both naruto and sasuke will be just as an important factor during this fight. Sasuke will be getting his new power up with itachis eyes and naruto is currently working on his.

I wonder if on any level at all will sasuke fell something more towards naruto knowing that his older brother who is the driving force for all of sasukes existence has been entrusted with a power to stop him.

I mean everything that sasuke is doing is because of itachi and i'm not even sure that anyone besides naruto knows of what itachi did. Even in death itachi's plan is still a mystery.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member UchihaUchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

they will fight the most intense battle in shinobi history and sasuke will win.then madara comes along try to finish naruto.sasuke will feel pity for him at that moment and will come to narutos aid.since madara cannot be killed by any shinobi naruto and sasuke will do it both manifesting the "very unique set of abilities" minato was talking about to kill off this man.the power of Uzumaki Naruto and Uchiha Sasuke!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    You are right.
    You're a MOD, so would you add those options for me?

will happen during the war but will not have a definite winner
    will happen after the war but will not have a definite winner

--------

I agree with you, I can't really see this fight occur in this war.
    In my opinion, it's going to be after the big war, or it's the fight that will "conclude" the war.

As for the winner...
    It really can go in any the three different directions... and would lead to a very different arc

- Naruto winning
    That could happen, but wouldn't that mean that the manga is pretty much over?
    If Naruto beat Sasuke, it all depends if Sasuke is being converted back or not.
    If he's not converted, then it's going to be really weird, but if he is, then the next arc is obvious.

That would lead to the conclusion with a Naruto+Sasuke VS Madara arc.

It would seem to fast for me to save Sasuke right away, but it's still a possibility... very unlikely though...

- Sasuke winning
    Unless Naruto is save by somehow after his defeat, that would most likely lead to Naruto losing the Kyubbi (and surviving somehow).

This would lead to the conclusion with a "Jyubbi arc", since Madara will have all he needs to get his plan done. And there would be a build up for Naruto and Sasuke next big fight.

But seeing how Sasuke already won pretty much all of their fight before, that would be very a low blow for Kishi to have him win again, so I don't see this...
    (Although, after seeing that OVA, I kinda like the idea of Naruto losing the 9-tails, but... seeing him lose against Sasuke AGAIN... that would suck!!)

- No definite winner...
    Their last fight was like that already, so it's kinda bad, but it's still the stronger possibility right now...

Basically, the status of the manga wouldn't change that much and Sasuke will still be with Madara; Naruto with Konoha. From there, Kishi could basically go wherever he wants.

The way I see it is that either they will be interrupted during the fight, or they will stop fighting for some reason, or they will end up both exhausted and fall to the ground, and be rescued by their respective teammates (ex: Suigestu and Juugo save Sasuke while Sakura and Sai save Naruto).

I like that last option better, honestly.
    I too like the third option but am thinking along the line that madara would have the necessary ingredient to revive the jyuubi. Naruto and sasuke fight would get heated up and they could enter supersaiyan mode, with kyuubi chakara/ sage chakara and uzamaki chakara surrounding naruto and hate-hate-hate chakra/uchiha chakra surronding sasuke and madara could use all these power releases to get the kyuubi from the moon. I mean come on, sealing all the tailed beast in that statue wouldn't just revive the ten tails. So as the fight gets heated up, madara use could them and the other eye of the reningan to get the beast. That way i could see both naruto and sasuke being rescued by sakura, kakashi and juugo and suigestsu.

Ps, hate-hate-hate is reference to what DaHeroic1 said about sasuke telling kisame to drown ninjas with water and using amateratsu on it and calling it hate soup

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke has to die there is no way around it, the only question is how. I feel he will die at Madara's hand trying to save Naruto. His next clash with Naruto is going to be near the end of the war imo with the good guys on the brink of losing. At the point of the fight when Naruto and Sasuke are both worn out Madara is going step in at which point Sasuke will save him and be redeemed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Sasuke has to die there is no way around it, the only question is how.
    Why does he have to die? I see this mentioned quite a few times but I don't get why people think this. Naruto won't let him die cause it goes against what he believes in.

I personally think either Naruto wins or after interacting with Itachi via gift, Sasuke will run out of steam and simply go vagabond like Soujirou did at the end of Kenshin. I mean Sasuke was ready to stop fighting before Madara started his speech about Itachi.

I mean if people with Gaara's past (and body count) can reform, there's no reason Sasuke can't so I really don't think Sasuke will die. It would defeat the purpose of the manga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kasumi_san View Post
    Why does he have to die? I see this mentioned quite a few times but I don't get why people think this. Naruto won't let him die cause it goes against what he believes in.

I personally think either Naruto wins or after interacting with Itachi via gift, Sasuke will run out of steam and simply go vagabond like Soujirou did at the end of Kenshin. I mean Sasuke was ready to stop fighting before Madara started his speech about Itachi.

I mean if people with Gaara's past (and body count) can reform, there's no reason Sasuke can't so I really don't think Sasuke will die. It would defeat the purpose of the manga.
    He has to die because he has no other route to redemption. He is an international criminal with the blood his hands. He didnt just kill some unknowns in the Forrest like Gaara. Sasuke is has attempted to kill Kages so there is no turning back for him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering he didn't actually kill them, redemption is still possible even without death. That's been made pretty clear with the fact that it's considered that Madara's "controlling" him and the only named person he has killed was a villain. Sasuke will have to do far more then that to require death as redemption, if Nagato is any indication.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Considering he didn't actually kill them, redemption is still possible even without death. That's been made pretty clear with the fact that it's considered that Madara's "controlling" him and the only named person he has killed was a villain. Sasuke will have to do far more then that to require death as redemption, if Nagato is any indication.
    He killed Danzou.
    The guy might not have been the best Kage, but he was still the Hokage.

No matter how you look at it, Sasuke is guilty of killing a Kage.
    That's a felony far worse than all of what Gaara did.

And it's going to be hard for the community to simply forget about that, IMO.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke killed a guy that had just be revealed as a villain and had the other Kages after him. A guy disliked by his own village and who had just been discovered of creating a massacre and teaming up with another village leader for control. No one's gonna give a crap that Sasuke killed Danzo nor hold it against him.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast