Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: theories and ideas

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cruxe's Avatar
    Country
    Maldives
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: theories and ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I'm going to post about something else that's been bugging me for a while now.

So The Earl wants to destroy the Heart. We all know that. And the Heart wants to destroy the Earl, as far as our understanding goes.

But I think there's something more to the Heart that we haven't really thought about yet. In chapter 204, Apocryphos tries to absorb Allen. It's funny that happens right after Central finds out about Allen's little near-Noah-awakening incident in the destroyed North American Branch. And just as Allen is about to be taken over yet again in the cell with Link, Apocryphos shows up and tries to erode/absorb him.

Hm...

Could it be that the Heart wants Neah's power to murder the Earl? I have a feeling that Apocryphos is not only interested in Crown Clown. He wants The Fourteenth's memory so that he can give it to the Heart.

And that is why the Millennium Earl has told all of the Noah to protect Neah from the Heart at all costs (Sheryl mentions this to Bookman).

On top of all that, I think the Pope is, or at least has in his possession, the Heart of the Innocence.
    Apocryphos's goal is to suppress the memories of the 14th.
    http://mangastream.com/read/d_gray_man/18399036/15

So this must mean that the Heart is scared of the 14th's power or the knowledge he possess regarding innocence.

I also think that the Pope has the Heart.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's what he says anyway.

I wonder what makes the pope so special anyway. Why is HE the head of the organization/church? There must be something that makes him qualified for it. That's one of the reasons I think that he has the Heart.

Lvellie has power because his family has been with the Order for over a hundred years or so. But in comparison with the 7,000 year war that's been going down, I'd say that is weak in comparison.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it be way to easy for the pope to be the heart?
    The Earl is pretty smart and would have figured this out....
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't think so. The Earl seems bent on the idea that the Innocence is an accomadator that is an active Exorcist. He hasn't even payed any attention to people like Johnny, Komui, Bak, or the Pope.

And again, I'm not saying that I really think the Pope IS the Heart, or rather that he simply posses it. That just seems to make sense in my head. I don't see the Heart being associated with anyone else.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

the Earl said once said that the Heart was hiding it's own identity & that if the BO knew abouth the real meaning of the evolutions of the Akuma, their plan would got messed up since the Heart would also know it. *refers to chapter 158*

To me it seems like he does expect the Heart to be within the order, but not an exorcist. So it would be logical to think the Pope is the Heart, but he doesn't say that at all.

Btw, now I'm reading it again, he says he wants to draw the attention of the Order to the Heart, so he himself ísn't really searching for it, right? o.o?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dlanor_A.Knox View Post
    Btw, now I'm reading it again, he says he wants to draw the attention of the Order to the Heart, so he himself ísn't really searching for it, right? o.o?
    Oh? I thought that he wanted to make use of the Order to force the Heart out of hiding, because it would be more difficult for the Heart to hide from both the Noahs' and the Order's pursuits...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, before this whole mess, the Order was more bent on finding/creating exorcists (hence all the experiments) b/c they needed to fighting force... The Earl began acting up and dropping hints about the heart to try to get the Order to focus on the search for the heart. remember: all the order knows about the Heart so far is that if it is destroyed, all the innocence will also be destroyed, so it was not their primary concern to find something that could potentially be their downfall, so they didn't. The Earl tried to change that so that out of desperation the Order will look for the Heart, the Heart would get exposed and the Earl could swoop in and destroy it.

On that note, depending where/who the Heart is, it is possible that Apo is acting on orders given years ago, since it is not a FACT that Apo knows where the Heart is - he could simply remain faithful to the orders that were given to it 7000 years ago (since even according to Tyki and Road, the last time the Earl/Noah encountered Apo(s) was 7000 years ago).

So far, the pope has been mentioned once or twice, so i don't think it makes sense plot wise and logic wise...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a little to simple to say that the earl poked the order so they would run around like headless chickens and the heart would be exposed.

Im just thinking that the earl doesnt realy care and all he does is contain the fire, as in dont let the order become to big and just let them go on a wild goose chase.

Remember that the earl knows the real objective of the innocence and of the Apos. So basicaly he already knew that Allen would be in grave danger at the Order.

Another thing to keep in mind is this thing 1 shotted Road into k.o. and Tyki couldnt even dent it. So these guys are a big trouble.

Saying that i think the Apos and the heart hardly ever show, due to the fact they dont want humanity to know of them and start asking troublesome questions.

I think that the motivation of the innocence is a different one then the humans of the order think and that they are lied to. Or more common said, manipulated. Innocence doesnt intend to save humanity after all humanity is made by the noah. The ones they want to destroy.
    Only the noah and the innocence know this btw (and ofc we the reader). All the exorcists and other humans are under the impression God created mankind (so far the earl has been quoting from the bible so i think its just the same as we know in reality).
    Its a lie, and the earl explained to the other noah what happend, how the innocence destroyed the world in a flood and they survived, and they created mankind.

So i think this is just a cat and mouse game between the noah and the innocence, humans are caught in the middle.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bookman has said that he thinks the Earl is only keeping the Order around for a specific reason, and that he could basically destroy it at any time.

I'm pretty sure that there are a couple reasons for this.

(1) The Earl definitely used Kanda to help speed up Neah's awakening.
    (2) He wants the Order to discover the Heart so that he can also figure it out.

So far, both of these reasons for keeping the Order going have worked. Kanda already stabbed Allen... But more importantly, an Apocryphos has made itself known. As Road said, "A clue to the Heart". That's basically proof right there that the Earl is using the Dark Order to find the Heart. Cardinal was a member of the Order, after all.

I don't think that the Innocence Heart is on the humans' side either. The InnocenceHeart is merely using the humans to get rid of the Earl.

So there we have it.

The Millennium Earl is merely using the Dark Order to find the Heart...
    And the Heart is only using the Dark Order to fight the Millennium Earl.

Cue in: The Third Side.
    Because no one else seems to really care about the human race in this war.
    Last edited by Naomidee; April 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Bookman can be wrong. Simply put it as this. The bookman do not know anything about the Apo. They have been hiding for 7000 years. So if the earl would hit hard on the order and threaten to anihilate it the Apo would pop up and stop it. Im just thinking last time they attacked they knew (the apo) that Allen and lenalee would be able to deal with the problems so it wasnt a big threat.

About using Kanda i supose but still its a opertunity that presented itself more then that he planned it all from the start.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cruxe's Avatar
    Country
    Maldives
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the only reason why Earl's keeping the Order around is cause it would help him find the "Heart" faster.

The "Heart" and Apocryophos don't give a damn about what happens to the Order. Apocryhpos is a clue to the "Heart" and if the Earl knew Apocryphos would pop out if he decides to destroy the Order he would've done so without wasting any second.

I think the Noahs initially wanted to save the humankind from the Innocence and as time passed on they forgot about that which led to the 14th's betrayal.
    Last edited by cruxe; April 29, 2011 at 05:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cruxe View Post
    I believe the only reason why Earl's keeping the Order around is cause it would help him find the "Heart" faster.

The "Heart" and Apocryophos don't give a damn about what happens to the Order. Apocryhpos is a clue to the "Heart" and if the Earl knew Apocryphos would pop out if he decides to destroy the Order he would've done so without wasting any second.

I think the Noahs initially wanted to save the humankind from the Innocence and as time passed on they forgot about that which led to the 14th's betrayal.
    ....In that case (which seems to fit, so far) what made the Earl forget in the first place? Remember how the Earl decided to take a stroll in the rain and bought roses from the girl/woman? If your theory is true, i think the Earl/his host was some how traumatized (idk, he witnessed a really bad side of human nature or something) and that made him forfeit/forget his goal. B/c the Earl is obviously odd - he hates humanity, but at the same time, he is not a hater that cannot stand being among humans and he doesn't hide that much either (unlike Apo and Heart, that reside in the deepest, darkest corner of wherever).
    Then there are also the heavy hints between Road and Earl when they said that the 'fight with the 14th was more tragic than alma and kanda's story' so i'm basically trying to think of the saddest, angstyest and tragic-est theory that could have happened....

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm agreeing with cruxe
    The 14th did say that the Earl was a puppet, so it could be that the 14th is actually trying to open the Earls eyes by playing the "bad guy"?

The Noahs needed some help to get their original goal back, thus a miracle happend the 14th Noah.

Btw. Could it be that the Earl is like Allen, but like COCA said, something happened, making the Earl hate humans?
    Last edited by Dlanor_A.Knox; May 02, 2011 at 03:04 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xxTykixx's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey XD I'm new here....I just wanted to add an idea in here that I just got XD

Not sure if this has already been said....but couldnt Tyki be the son of Neah Walker?
    The only thing that I have doubts of is the 35 year thing...cause Tyki's like 26...but if Tyki is his son that would mean Neah betrayed the Earl for like 8-9 years....it's just I'm not sure if it was 35 years ago that Neah was killed or just 35 years ago that Neah started betraying the Earl....I don't know just a thought I had because they both look alike XD

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean that Tyki's human side is Neah's son, or that Noah Tyki is Neah's son? o.o I'm just confused about if you're talking Noah here or human host of the Noah. XD Sorry.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast