Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: theories and ideas

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: theories and ideas

Thank you!!

8D I can't wait to read them even though I will have to wait until later.
    And also, I agree with you about Neah-Allen-Mana-Earl.... There's just too many possibilities. Dx So it's been decided by me. Allen, Mana, and Neah are all the Earl's horcruxes.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, does anyone think that Hoshino will get Izzy back in the story?
    He was so adorable and Tyki really likes him.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a possibility. Maybe Allen will bump into him and his colleagues while he is on the run from the earl and the Order.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder about Eeze too! I really hope he and Tyki's other hobo-friends will return one day

There are some other characters that would be interesting if they returned to the story. For instance, John from the earliest chapters. Didn't he say that his father works for the Vatican as a scientist, and that he wants to become one too in the future? It would be fun if we were to see him again

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That boy gets my attention because of that mask. Why the mask all the time? There weren't transplants in the 19th century. He wasn't sneezing or coughing. Is it a scar on the mouth? Or is it something else?

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xLotusxSobax's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    That boy gets my attention because of that mask. Why the mask all the time? There weren't transplants in the 19th century. He wasn't sneezing or coughing. Is it a scar on the mouth? Or is it something else?
    He catches my attention too but you do have to factor in the fact that he works at a coal mine. He may be sick and working won't help so maybe he wears the mask for protection as he inhales (while working)? (Though, why does he wear it all the time?); I'm wondering now too.
    ❤❤❤
    Shining soldiers standing tall
    We try to keep them from the fall
    They stand in a pattern, such a beauty to behold
    ❤❤❤

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I would like to see Ease again too. I feel like Tyki has just moved on completely from them sometimes... But then when Tyki mentioned "Besides, you would be terrible to play poker with right now" to Allen, I started remembering way back in the day. When Tyki worked with his hobos. 8D Maybe this was some sort of foreshadowing!

I personally love hearing from Lou Fa. I wonder if she's going to play an important role later on in the story. She's going to be heart broken when she hears about Allen going rogue on us. D:

-edit-

Oi I just had a weird theory. (that actually has nothing to do with what we're talking about but hey I just thought I'd insert it here XD)

So Mana says in one of the Reverse novels that he just woke up as a middle-aged man one day, and that he's really only a 17 year-old. And then it's stated that Allen is somewhere around the age of 9 or 10 (?), had also lost his memories from before. Coincidence? Hell naw girl! Here goes.

Allen Walker has been the host for The Fourteenth for much longer than what we know. In fact, Allen Walker was the Fourteenth when he tried to kill the Earl. When Neah and Mana were near death, something strange happened. Mana became much older and lost his memory while Allen/Neah became much younger and also lost his memory. I believe that Mana had to save Neah's life after the altercation with The Earl, and that's why their ages sort of "swapped". Or I guess a better way of putting it would be that Mana gave, or sacrificed, years from his life to save Neah/ Allen.

Now, you could also argue that Mana is The Earl and try to fit it into that idea.

It's a weird thought, that's for sure.
    Anyone else want to add, rearrange, or explain better what I'm trying to say? XD It makes more sense in my head than when I try to articulate.
    Last edited by Naomidee; May 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: would have been a double post and merged anyway.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner midnightpony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I never thought of it this way. I did always wonder why Allen never remembered his past but I assumed that it was one of those thing where it was too traumatic for him so he shut it out. So this makes somewhat sense are you kinda saying that Mana "exchanged" his years with Neah/Allen or that they just kinda grew older and younger? Also I just noticed this but if you exchange the first two letters of Neah's name with the first three of Allen's you get Allah? I 'm not doing a religious reference here or start a religious problem but since Allen is kind of a messiah is this story it kinda makes sense (or i'm prolly just reading too much into this as always lol).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpony View Post
    Hmmm I never thought of it this way. I did always wonder why Allen never remembered his past but I assumed that it was one of those thing where it was too traumatic for him so he shut it out. So this makes somewhat sense are you kinda saying that Mana "exchanged" his years with Neah/Allen or that they just kinda grew older and younger? Also I just noticed this but if you exchange the first two letters of Neah's name with the first three of Allen's you get Allah? I 'm not doing a religious reference here or start a religious problem but since Allen is kind of a messiah is this story it kinda makes sense (or i'm prolly just reading too much into this as always lol).
    Maybe iff we hustle the letters up even more we get hamburger.... I seriously dont think that juggling with letters belongs in DGM thats for lingo...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Allen Walker has been the host for The Fourteenth for much longer than what we know. In fact, Allen Walker was the Fourteenth when he tried to kill the Earl. When Neah and Mana were near death, something strange happened. Mana became much older and lost his memory while Allen/Neah became much younger and also lost his memory. I believe that Mana had to save Neah's life after the altercation with The Earl, and that's why their ages sort of "swapped". Or I guess a better way of putting it would be that Mana gave, or sacrificed, years from his life to save Neah/ Allen.
    That's a stroke of genius, Naomidee! I don't know if it's correct, but it manages to explain the Mana's age problem in a way which isn't too complicated, and also explains what happened to the 14th. It's also connected to time, which fits with some of the manga's themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    And then it's stated that Allen is somewhere around the age of 9 or 10 (?), had also lost his memories from before.
    Allen met Mana when he was 7, according to the timeline in Gray Ark. Reverse 3 states that as soon as Red (Allen) became aware, he was at the circus, so presumably he was sold to the circus at a very young age.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Naomidee: That idea has crossed my mind a lot in my many attempts to beat Hoshino at her own game of bizarre plot twists. :'D

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Omfg, you might just be onto something there, Naomidee!

Your theory could also explain Allen's.. uncertain age? xD To quote Allen himself from the first Reverse novel (I always have my resources nearby haha ):

"With his white hair surrounding a child-like face, no one could possibly tell what is age was, actually, even Allen didn't know what his true age was. He figured he was somewhere around 15 years old... [An unknown age. Come to think of it, I think something happened in my dream...]" full sentences to avoid taking anything out of context xD his dream was about the Millenium Earl btw, if anyone wonders..

I've always dismissed it as him being abandoned at an early age and therefore doesn't know exactly when he was born.. but hasn't it been foreshadowed a lot when you think about it? *dun dun DUN!*

Jeez, I seriously don't know what to think anymore! But your theory is very interesting and actually makes a lot of sense (and could reason out that confusing timeline when the 14th was killed and Allen "became" a host ). Now I'm getting excited for the next chapter wheee

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ekkkk
    don't tell me that's the 14th power
    "Noah of Time" lol

still perhaps it was memory loss because of the 14th
    cross was watching him... right

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Noah of Time. Hmmmm. I don't know, but that might fit. Unless the 14th doesn't really have a title/personality attribute like the other Noah do. That's the vibe I always got. He's just the odd one out, the extra.

Or maybe...
    Noah of I'm Gonna Kick All Y'alls Asses.
    8D

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The musician! That's all we got as a direct title about him in manga. The ark was in his hands 100%.
    Maybe he was created for that purpose only, to control the ark. And then he got jealous of Earl.
    I know, the idea seems too simple.

One of the above posts had the idea of him discovering the truth about the Earl and then starting to destroy the Noahs, that's a good idea.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast