Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: theories and ideas

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xxTykixx's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: theories and ideas

I think the Noah side of Tyki looks like Neah more....because we havent seen Neah's human side yet....but then we don't know Neah's noah name either
    But ya I feel I'm refering to the Noah more....it was just an idea I had XD

Now that I think about it this would imply that Sheryl is also related to Neah if we're thinking of the noah....unless he's only a half-brother to Tyki's noah....
    But then Tyki himself (human) would have been born first then his noah would have awakened at some point in his life, if I'm not mistaken the noah are 'chosen'
    Maybe it's Tyki's human side that is Neah's son? Tyki would have been born after Neah died, maybe that's why Tyki is the noah of pleasure?
    Last edited by xxTykixx; May 07, 2011 at 06:27 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It is plausible for Tyki to be Neah's son.

-They never said that Neah died 35 years ago, it's more logical to think he died 15/16 years ago, when Allen was a baby.

-We don't know yet if Sheryl is really Tyki's blood-related brother, since the Noah clan sees each other as a family. It could also be that Sheryl was imaginig about the whole perfect-family thingy and the Earl was like "here, now you have a brother!"... Poor Tyki x'D

Btw!
    Something just popped up in my mind....

They used a lot of the bible in DGM, so I was wondering, could it be that Jesus was the 1st Exorcist and/or finder of the cube?

And that Judas was a Noah orsomething? (Maybe I should lessen with listening to Lady Gaga xDDD)
    Last edited by Dlanor_A.Knox; May 07, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was thinking....cus it says that Neah passed his memories onto Allen, how could Neah have passed his memories on to Allen 35 years ago when Allen wasn't even born yet

I don't get the whole Mana thing either....like I heard somewere that Mana was 17 when he met Allen....but then how can that be? Neah was Mana's younger brother

There's a massive gap somewere we need to know more about there past

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always (err.. not always.. but.. the last few years? ) imagined Allen as the Jesus-figure of the story, and the 14th as Judas (and even Satan lol I'm almost as bad as Gaga herpderp ).. Chapter 189 and volume 20 is even entitled "Juda's voice" or "the voice of Judas"... JUDAS JUDA-A-A Damn you Gaga and your catchy tunes!!

Quote Originally Posted by xxTykixx View Post
    I don't get the whole Mana thing either....like I heard somewere that Mana was 17 when he met Allen....but then how can that be? Neah was Mana's younger brother
    It was Mana himself who said he was 17, and that he woke up looking like an old man but he's acting kind of strange so it could be that he's just crazy haha Here's the extract from the Reverse novel(copy-paste xD):

Spoiler: Conversation between Mana and Red/Allen show

It's not that strange though.. since it's been almost 10 years ago since Mana met Allen.. he would have been around 26-27 today... I wonder if the Nea who is in that dreamworld ages? o.O He looks older than Allen(16) and younger than Tyki (27)

Even if Nea is Mana's younger brother, it could be by only 1 or 2 years. They could even be twins! It doesn't seem to be much of an age difference between them when we see their backs in chapter 166

I just realised.. if Nea and Mana were that young back then.. and Nea even had a huge influence on a lot of people (and even Cross! )... but some Noah don't age, so... and Nea appearantly lived at least 35 years ago, so... and Mana could have been a Noah(or Akuma), so... ah, I suddenly got new stuff to think about yay I'll be back
    Last edited by relory; May 08, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Blame it on Gaga xD

I think that the Neah in the dream world was a memory of Neah's last time when he was alive.

I mean, Allen has Neah's memories right? So that means that Neah wouldn't have any memory of his older self....

And I certainly think that Mana isn't a regular human (I mean, come on his eye colour!! ok it could be a thing to put us on the wrong path but still!! though it's a bit mean that they didn't show his whole face in the picture ;.; )

P.s Wasn't Cross like, in his teens 35 years ago 0.0? and maybe he didn't was there from the start, but met Neah in those 35 years instead. And Neah somehow miracously trusted Cross and told him everything? (I would laugh if Cross was the same as Allen when he was younger x3)
    Last edited by Dlanor_A.Knox; May 09, 2011 at 12:10 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few things to take into consideration before taging nea 14th and Allen

-first off we dont know if the 14th is a noah like all others so rules regarding transfering the noah onto a new host might not imply on him the same way

-Road is named Road, that name is the memory name just like Joyd is for Tyki. So Nea could as well be the memories name.

-third point is we never ever got to look inside a noahs mind, meaning we do not know what he looks like to the host. Like how Nea manifested himself inside Allen. So the chance is that that is the memory and not the previous host. If he had any at all. Remember what Road said about since xx years shes the last one who hasnt reincarnated, My theory is that Road hasnt reincarnated since 7000 years ago meaning she doesnt even have a host.

So who is Nea is it the memory or the prev host, Its just a unknown for now.

-another point is that all those baldie smileys we saw earlier are mirror views of the noah, so those are similar for Skin,Tyki and Allen.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG I'm completely lost LOL

I was thinking lastnight about the shadow of the 14th and Neah....like who is the 14th? Neah or that shadow thing....who is the noah that shadow thing or Neah? I think Neah was the previous host and the reason he looks young is because the Noah do not age...

Then the thing about Mana...maybe he doesn't look like that at all...maybe he is an akuma? a 17 year old who has taken over a middle aged mans body, the reason he doesn't kill Allen is because he knows that somewere inside Allen is a Noah...

Because when 'Mana' meets Allen he must have been like really old...but he's not...cus Neah was alive 35 years ago but we don't know what age he was when he started betraying the Earl (if 35 years ago was when he started betraying) cause to me Neah look like he's in his early 20's but then maybe mentally he's much, much older
    Neah could have been the one who wanted Mana to be turned into an akuma, cause he didn't want to lose his brother

or maybe Neah is actually 17 and because Noah do not age he couldn't bare seeing his brother die of old age??

My head hurts lol too much to think about

P.S: I just wanted to add that the D.Gray Man Reverse Novel's arn't connected to the actual D.Gray Man story....there just scenarios....so the fact about Mana being 17 may not be true at all....

I have ideas about Kanda too but I'll post that up later XD
    Last edited by xxTykixx; May 10, 2011 at 06:02 AM.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Neah/Fourteenth/Shadow thing are all the same entity. I think that the shadow Fourteenth was just more of the raw Noah memory creeping on Allen. The Tyki-looking Neah is just a less abstract and more concrete form of the Fourteenth. Possibly what his last host looked like I suppose...

About the 17-year-old thing with Mana. I have a feeling that either The Fourteenth disguised Mana as a middle aged man to protect him from the Noah and Earl or that Mana simply suffers from memory loss and has a gap between his years of being a 17 year old and growing older. As Cross said, Mana was definitely a whack job after Neah died.

According to Allen, Mana died a human death. Therefore, he could not have been an Akuma before his death. Afterward, his soul was definitely called back by Allen into an Akuma. He was killed before ever reaching Level One though.

I'd like to hear some theories about Kanda. We haven't payed much attention to him with him being absent from the recent chapters and everything.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking, what if Mana died when he was 17 and someone else called Mana back to life as an Akuma, then Cross could have made him a modifided Akuma.

It would explain why Mana suddenly woke up as an grown adult, while he thought he was 17 + why those sparks came flying off...

Aaaaw sorry I hadn't read the previous posts >.<

@Naomidee: Do you mean human death as not blowing up? Well it could be that Cross did something to that + he didn't blow up either when Mana was called back by Allen.

@ca12nag3: I'm seeing the 14th memory and Neah as one person ^^;; because he's (as far as we know) the 1st 14th, there wasn't a 14th 7000 years ago.
    Last edited by Dlanor_A.Knox; May 13, 2011 at 02:20 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=xxTykixx;2435609]

P.S: I just wanted to add that the D.Gray Man Reverse Novel's arn't connected to the actual D.Gray Man story....there just scenarios....so the fact about Mana being 17 may not be true at all....
    /QUOTE]

Ah... I hear other wise. Not all the stories showed up in the manga, but some parts of Reverse 1 were animated in the anime. I'm pretty sure it's been established that the Reverse are in fact canon.

Has anyone else noticed how Neah only introduced himself as Neah? Not Neah Walker? hm? that might be something...

I still don't know if Noah age.... Tyki said that he has been with the Earl for about 10 years now, but that doesn't mean he joined when he was 16. Someone mentioned that Tyki's hair got longer, but it might've just remained long after his transformation (into Joyed). That or hoshino might've made growth separate from age.

About Tyki's transformation, does the transformation = Joyd, or just some higher level of power? Cuz it seemed that Tyki's transformation was more like Skinns. If thats true that means Jasdevi does not equal Bondomu, meaning the twins might have even another transformation...

We need answers.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MSofAofCOCA;2442484]
    Quote Originally Posted by xxTykixx View Post

/QUOTE]

Ah... I hear other wise. Not all the stories showed up in the manga, but some parts of Reverse 1 were animated in the anime. I'm pretty sure it's been established that the Reverse are in fact canon.

Has anyone else noticed how Neah only introduced himself as Neah? Not Neah Walker? hm? that might be something...

I still don't know if Noah age.... Tyki said that he has been with the Earl for about 10 years now, but that doesn't mean he joined when he was 16. Someone mentioned that Tyki's hair got longer, but it might've just remained long after his transformation (into Joyed). That or hoshino might've made growth separate from age.

About Tyki's transformation, does the transformation = Joyd, or just some higher level of power? Cuz it seemed that Tyki's transformation was more like Skinns. If thats true that means Jasdevi does not equal Bondomu, meaning the twins might have even another transformation...

We need answers.
    Didn't Hoshino say something about almost adding to much spoilers?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Dlanor_A.Knox;2442495]
    Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post

Didn't Hoshino say something about almost adding to much spoilers?
    Yeah, she said her coworkers had to step in and stop her from adding too many spoilers.... But that's the point. if the books weren't canon, these wouldn't be spoilers and would have been allowed....which they weren't....so, spoilers = canon info = reverse are, infact, canon.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Reverse novels are canon. If I remember correctly, several things in the novels have later become "canon" in the actual manga:
    • Bak Chan was first introduced in the Reverse novel before he appeared in the manga series.
    • In Reverse 2, Lavi says he's not wearing an eyepatch due to injury. Not even the manga has hinted much at his eye being "special" so far, only Hoshino herself in interviews :3
    • Lavi's friends from Reverse, Doug and Collette, makes a minor appearance in the manga when Lavi is "mindraped" by Rhode
    • The reverse is also the first place we find out that there's something strange about Kanda and lotus-flowers
    • It's also canon that Cross wasn't just the "mean evil master"-type (as he seemed at that time when the first Reverse was out). According to Allen, Cross was the one who offered his hand to the traumatized Allen, he helped him back on his feet and "pointed him down the right road". I think that in chapters 167+ we saw more of that relationship between them. Although Cross can be an asshole, he's actually "not a bad person" and really cares for Allen (although he'll never admit it )
    • We also learned that Allen didn't get his mad poker skills from Cross' bad parenting (haha), but from an old, scary lady he calls "mother" :P That one hasn't been canon in the manga yet though(she appeared in one of the anime fillers though), but I sure hope it will someday XP

Lol, I love making lists lately ever since I found out how to do it, ahaha

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish that there was a full, English translation of all three Reverse novels that I could read! :/ I feel so left out since I've only read bits and pieces of butchered translations here and there. If anyone can help me out in that department, you have my undying gratitude.

Anyway, we should get back to Neah, right right? XD
    I just thought that maybe Neah isn't pure Noah. Maybe he's part human. What if a Noah fell in love with a human and they had sexy time and made a half Noah, half human. That would explain why Neah was the odd Fourteenth Noah who shouldn't exist. Also, that's why his motives are different from the Earl's.

And one of Tyki Mikk's (as opposed to Pleasure/Joyd) relatives, or Tyki himself were the father or mother. That would exaplin why they look alike and why The Fourteenth is so different.

And other crack theories to add to mine? 8D

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I wish that there was a full, English translation of all three Reverse novels that I could read! :/ I feel so left out since I've only read bits and pieces of butchered translations here and there. If anyone can help me out in that department, you have my undying gratitude.
    Maybe these link could help you a little? :3 (You may have to be a member of the community first though) :

The first 2 novels

Here you can find the rest(and the Reverse 3 translations)

Yeeeah, back to the Tyki/Neah/Earl/Mana-thing.... I give up, I have no idea anymore!!
    Last edited by relory; May 16, 2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: typos dammit

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast