Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 114 Disc/115 Pred Thread

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: Claymore 114 Disc/115 Pred Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rcfalcon View Post
    It's most doubtful she'll survive a physical encounter at this point since she can't awaken anymore.
    What do you mean that Clare can't awaken anymore? Is there a reason for why she can't awaken? Can you tell me where in which chapter it was mentioned that she can't ever awaken in her life anymore? I just don't see how a conclusion like this can even be stated, unless I'm missing something.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 114 Disc/115 Pred Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    What do you mean that Clare can't awaken anymore? Is there a reason for why she can't awaken? Can you tell me where in which chapter it was mentioned that she can't ever awaken in her life anymore? I just don't see how a conclusion like this can even be stated, unless I'm missing something.
    yes actually its here clair's new issue and then on next page deneve's explanation. And its not that she cant awaken, its just clair unconsciously pulling her back from awakening, becuz of what happeend with jean.

Also Deneve's good explanation of why clair wont awaken hope it helped Azula-chan

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore 114 Disc/115 Pred Thread

Wow, I feel like an an idiot. Thanks g_b.
    I realized something weird. If Clare is unable to awaken, wouldn't it just mean that Clare has more potential than all the Claymores ever created?

Remember when it was stated that the monster got Clare's sword, you think the monster was hoping to absorb Clare entirely because she was already part of the monster's memory bank or something?

Also, when a Claymore is awakened, do they still continue to grow in power? What I'm asking is after they awaken, will they appear stronger in the next 10 years, or will they still have the same power?

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think what you said about the potential is right on. And if she just stopped trying to release more yoki and just stayed at her half-awakened form in battle, she'd be stronger than everyone in the series besides Priscilla.

But about the awakeneds, I wouldn't think they become more powerful. As I see it, when you awaken, your base power increases by a certain factor (depending on your unrealized potential) and then levels off.

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

(sorry for the absense, had a FKN stomach flu... )

---------------------------------------------------------------

Technically Clare did Awaken a few times ****AFTER**** she "supposedly couldn't Awaken due to Jean's Wedge", so she can Awaken, so than WTF is going on, eh?

Well, if you notice, Clare's Huge Blade Arms ****STOP**** just an inch before Priscilla's head, so something or someone is PREVENTING Clare from (Possibly, however Priscilla didn't seem to worried having Clare's Huge Blade Arms targetting her head, which is unusual as the head has always been fatal to any being, unless its a fake head and not the real head...) KILLING Priscilla. Now, Clare keeps trying/wanting to kill Priscilla, so THAN that something or someone prevents her from being able to Awaken, as without her Partial Awakening, Clare can't (again possible, see above parenthesis) kill Priscilla. So, it's not that Clare can't Awaken, but something or someone is preventing her from trying to kill Priscilla, and preventing her from being able to Partially Awaken was the next step, as Clare was/is determined to kill Priscilla.

So, who or what is this something or someone preventing Clare from killing Priscilla and thus indirectly prevents her from Awakening?

Jean? like Deneve thinks?

I don't agree. Jean and Priscilla has had ZERO contact, there's no reason Jean would want Priscilla kept alive. Ya, Jean might not want Clare to Awaken, but that's not what's actually going on in this situation; Clare was prevented from (possibly) killing Priscilla, *NOT* from merely Awakening, as we saw that Clare *WAS* able to Partially Awaken, again and again, Clare was being held back not from Awakening, but from trying to kill Priscilla.

So, it's my theory that its Teresa, as Teresa did keep giving Priscilla life after life, choosing not to kill her.

However, the problem with Teresa is her erratic behavior... Teresa is about to kill Priscilla, than she decides not to, than she is about to kill Priscilla again, than decides not to, and finally she decides to kill Priscilla... but gets herself beheaded instead as we all know.

----------------------------------------------------

Indeed, if Awakeneds could improve, Isley (and Rigardo and Dauf) would be the top Awakened, a "god", being the oldest Awakened on the island, but that is not so obviously.

So, it's quite evident that Awakeneds do *NOT* improve. They're stuck at their Power Level. Priscilla is as powerful now (well, prior to being sealed as the "Blob of 3") as she was when she Awakened after killing Teresa. She might not have full skill/knowledge of her new being/state, an Awakened, and the power and abilities that come with it, at that time, but she hasn't increased her Power Level, she's stuck at her Power level, albiet the highest Power Level currently on the island, hehe.

Thus it is why the HAs are the "Holy Grail", able to potentially ("end game" HA) to be "Awakeneds", able to change into a (full) Awakened body at will, and have their power and abilities, while *NOT* being actual Awakeneds, still having their human mind, and thus able to continue to improve and become more powerful!

I and some others have a theory that possibly Teresa is (was-hehe) this "end game" HA, as it explains her Power Level nicely, as well as many other things. As frighteningly powerful as Teresa already was... yes, we believe that possibly she could fully Awaken and de-Awaken at will, while maintaining her human mind, never becoming an Awakened. Truly a Goddess, Goddess Teresa

now about the theory of this:

Human Body = limited (duh)
    Human Mind = UNlimited

Yoma Body = UNlimited
    Yoma Mind = limited (my apologizes to Yomas, )

Claymore Body = UNlimited, but restricted due to (Resisting) Awakening
    Claymore Mind = UNlimited, but restricted due to (Resisting) Awakening

HA Body = UNLIMITED
    HA Mind = UNLIMITED

----------------------------------

And this is why Rubel is so interested in the HAs, wanting them all to himself and his research, and keeping them secret from the other BCs... To make an Ultimate Army to rule the world, or to make himself into a god-being, hehe

------------------------------

P.S.

if you're interested, this is from an old theory I wrote up quite a long time ago, so I can try to dig it up out of my notes (hopefully I have it in my notes, hehe) and provide even more details upon it, so let me know!

this was my response about the topic of whether Raki can compete against (the weakest) Claymores or not on another site.

(obviously I didn't finish it, hopefully I'll try to when I can, hehe)

------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post

ranks 30-47 Claymores (normally) never are put on an AB Hunt Squads. They spend their entire lives killing NYs. And we see with rank 47 Clare, that they aren't even informed or learn/know that a Voracious Eater is a public euphenism for an Awakened.

----------------------

now about Clare:

She does have her "difficulties" as a source for analyzing a rank 47, but she can be used regardless of this. I'll try to address all of it below.

well let us begin, than.

-------------------------------------------------

rank 47 Clare

Human Girl Clare

too many examples to give; Clare is quite inhuman/superhuman:

taking physical abuse toughness: 2 NYs, Teresa, and bandits

endurance toughness too, don't forget this!

(Yes!, a real-true) Yoki Sensing Ability: recorded Awakened Priscilla's Yoki "signature/identity"

extreme perception: Clare stripped thee Teresa naked, right past all of her defenses, seeing the real-true Teresa! And many more examples too.

great intelligence; a very smart girl

Trainee Clare

She does appear to be a bit younger than the other Trainees (and nearly identical to rank 1 Miata's body and looks, seriously she does look identical to Miata: body, looks, height, size, long hair, everything, except her face of course, hehe!), or at least she's shorter than them. So, I think it is reasonable to conclude that she was indeed younger, and normally wouldn't be engaged in Trainee's training this early/young an age, but we know how "driven" Clare is, she's not taking no for an answer, she's got a Priscilla to kill, hehe.

(I think Clare is probably younger than Elena and I think she also appears shorter than Elena is, but I'm not sure, and am too lazy to go back and look to see if Clare's shorter or if they are the same height, and in possibly seeing if Elena does look older than Clare or not, if even possible that is as well)

We also know that she is unique in that she is only 1/4 Yoma due to being implanted with a Claymore's flesh as opposed to a NY's flesh. However, that Claymore's flesh is none other than Teresa's herself.

Now, all the older and taller/bigger Trainees are jealous of Clare, being younger than they are and in having Teresa's flesh. So, this is partly why they mock her being only 1/4 Yoma and the other part is because they believe that this, the ratio/percentage of Human flesh and Yoma flesh composition, is what determines their Power Level, and thus Clare must be weaker than they are because she's only 1/4 Yoma and 3/4 Human whereas they are 2/4 Yoma and 2/4 Human.

the "Incident"

At first we and the Claymores think Clare's indeed a weaker Claymore due to being only 1/4 Yoma as she's unable to handle swinging the claymore sword, dislocating her arm out of her shoulder socket.

However (#1), this is not certain, as again, Clare is probably younger than she should be as a Trainee, and she is shorter/smaller than they are as well.

However (#2), immediately afterwards we and the Claymores' mouths are on the floor, as Clare "not so weakly" smashes her shoulder into the wall popping it back into socket with her arm.

However (#3), we also know that Clare is already one tough/strong girl from her while still as a Human child. this supports that Clare is powerful on her own power and not from Teresa's flesh's power

However (#4), we also know that Clare herself is gifted at Yoki Sensing as she is able to do so while as a Human child, way before she even becomes a Claymore (and gets Teresa's flesh). this supports that Clare's ability at Yoki Sensing is her own power and not from Teresa's flesh's power

However (#5), don't forget that not only did Clare "re-set" her dislocated shoulder, she was ready to continue the spar match! Just because Rubel showed up, and put a stop to it, isn't a reason to forget or miss this very important point!

So, was Trainee Clare really weaker than a normal Trainee due to being only 1/4 Yoma, or did those Trainees change their minds, and what about you too? Was Trainee Clare actually possibly even more powerful than a normal Trainee Claymore despite being 1/4 Yoma, the 1/4 Yoma has no effect on her, is it because of her being 1/4 Yoma, or is it because of the flesh being Teresa's?

the final trial/test of the Trainees

Trainee Clare clearly proves she is at least now much more powerful to all of those 9 other Trainees. Clare can not only swing her claymore sword with ease, but she has the exact same agility as Miata does (and again looks just like her too) and can even drag and than toss that bigger/older Trainee that had the spar with her earlier shooting across the ground and slamming hard into the wall some good distance! Wow, Trainee Clare got REALLY strong, lol. BADASS Trainee Clare, shoving her foot into that older/taller/bigger Trainee and giving that speech with that badass face of hers, RAWR! I wonder if Trainee Clare had the strength to tear the NY apart with her bare hands too... unfortunately Trainee Clare never tries it for me, lol. We also see again that Clare is very smart, and quite Miria-like in terms of tactical/strategy thought, and heck why not leadership as well, as that was quite the commanding display I had just described earlier, hehe. A much more "ROUGH" leadership manner than Miria though, lol.

Elena will remain a Trainee, for some amount of time longer, while Clare is a ranked (47) Claymore doing however many missions, before Elena becomes a Claymore and they ultimately meet via her black card to Clare given by Rubel to Clare. I wonder how Rubel did "get" Elena's black card, and whether he had a "part" in poor Elena's fate... hehe

Claymore Clare prior to becoming a HA

Clare does seem to be weak, a true rank 47 Claymore, as she does struggle in killing NYs (Clare needs to YR a good amount to kill them or to slice through their bodies to kill them).

But, at the same time, she conveys a "hidden" powerfulness existing inside her too,

as well as her great abilities, such as her quite far sword throw (which did require a good amount of YR but still), her and/or Teresa's ELYSA/PYS ability when she intentionally let the NY punch through her stomach, Healing -such as with her punched through stomach lol- (which does require a good amount of YR but still), her Yoki Sensing Ability (such as smelling the NY scent or its Yoki scent on Raki and the "village elder") and etc.

Lastly, as we know, Clare is exceptionally good at resisting the Yoki, due to being only 1/4 Yoki. So, while she might release more Yoki than other rank 47 Claymores in her struggle to kill NYs, those other rank 47 Claymores probably couldn't handle releasing that amount of Yoki that Clare does anyways.

Now hear is where it gets interesting: Elena

Clare has been a ranked (47) Claymore for a much longer time than Elena had, yet it is Elena who was weaker than rank 47 Clare, despite that Elena had a better rank than Clare (as Clare had the worst rank, rank 47), who had thus needed to YR even more than Clare to kill NYs, and quickly discovered what happens when a Claymore uses an 80% YR, hehe. Clare being more powerful than the better ranked Elena, despite being the worst ranked at rank 47, and having been doing missions much longer than Elena, demonstrates that Clare actually was much more powerful than a normal rank 47, Clare should have been a better rank than whatever rank Elena had, at the very least.

So, what seems to be Clare struggling to kill NYs and thus making her seem to be weak, isn't actually an accurate interpretation based upon Elena that I just went through above.

The SNY (1st battle):

As a SNY, this is no ordinary NY, while it does seem to not be an Awakened (who cares what Rubel said, he could be lying for all we know, lol) based upon its looks/body, it is somewhere between NYs and Awakeneds. And thus, this is an opponent that I highly-seriously doubt any (normal) ranks 47-30 could take on, which suggests Clare is indeed more powerful (and much more powerful than her rank 47 status) than she seems to be from her struggling against NYs and this SNY as well.

Clare does very well, as let's not totally forget, she's not using her claymore sword, but rather mere knives/short swords (special-Org, do they break?, or normal-Human knives/short swords?)

The SNY (2nd/last battle):

(see above as I'm tired with this now, except during this battle's 2nd half, she does get to be using her claymore sword, hehe)

HA Clare

According to Miria herself, after seeing their performances in the "Spiderman" male AB battle, says that ALL of them (Deneve, Helen, and Clare) are single digits in Power Level.

Now about HA Clare specifically, prior to the male AB battle, Miria senses Clare as "being the most powerful Claymore I have ever known". Well, the most powerful Claymore that we know that Miria has known for a fact, is none other than rank 4 Ophelia herself. Thus, in this very instance, Miria is telling us that Clare is more powerful than rank 4 Ophelia herself, and this was prior to even seeing Clare in the "spiderman" male AB battle!

Clare proves rank 6 Miria correct in that "spiderman" male AB battle, as Clare is definately the most powerful one their, making her more powerful than a rank 6, as that's Miria's rank, lol. Now, in terms of specifically offensively, than NO, Clare is NOT the most powerful out of them at this point in time! But, since Clare is more powerful than rank 6 Miria at everything else (well, we have to exclude speed as well, as we don't know how close Clare's speed is to Miria's PS, hehe. Clare DOES have some good speed though, just ask Helen as Clare zoomed in to protect her from its tongue counter attack, but than Clare probably let it slam her into the wall, hehe), that does cause us to consider Miria's saying that Clare is more powerful than rank 4 Ophelia as being true!

Now, don't get me wrong, Clare is also still quite amaturish with many of her amazing skills/abilities, and Miria, yes Clare knows she needs more training, you don't need to tell her this, lol!

Clare’s (1st) Spar match with Miria

(I forgot to address this)

Conclusion of Clare:

(prior to being a HA) Clare is clearly not a rank 47, just based upon Elena alone. Also, based on the SNY, I'd say Clare has to be at least at a rank 29 Claymore Power Level.

Conclusion of Clare vs Raki:

(Prior to being a HA) Clare is definitely out of Raki’s league, as Clare is no rank 47 in Power Level

rank 47 Clarice

(another day, I'm uber tired)

rank unknown (though probably in the 40's) Elena

(see Clare's section)

Raki (presumably a Human)

(Another day, way too tired)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 08, 2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

10. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

how can u say that Clare was stronger than Elena? we dont know that, all we know is
    - Elena was awakening and wated Clare to kill her off,
    Claymores way more powerfull than Elena had awakened before she did, it doesnt mean that Clare was no.1 at that time ...
    also Clare would lose against Helen, Deneve or Miria if it was 1vs1 fight, when she received the quicksword arm it was another story as we could see when she slayed Ophelia, Clare was good at sensing yoki to do that she had to disable her yoki release, thus Miria did think that she was so powerfull, Clare wasnt strong enough to cut through awakened armor nor she was quick enough to dodge his atacks,

also about that yoma in Rabona, once Clare used her Claymore(sword) the fight was over( and she was injured), any other Claymore would do the same, problem was the city, thus she had to use small useless swords, dadgers + pills
    Last edited by killy-.-; May 10, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my openion of why Clare could not fully awaken when she met Priscilla. I think Jeans wedge was a pretty weak reason. As stated by Hegemonkhan under previous posts, Jean never met Priscilla.

To understand my reasoning, we first must first understand the relationship between Clare and Teresa. Lets look at what was most important to each of them.

For Clare, Teresa herself was most important. She felt a kin to her. She gaved her back everything she had lost and more. By her own words she stated she doesn't want anything but to be with Teresa forever.

For Teresa, it was being human. We can argue that can be true for most claymores but I think the difference here is. Teresa didn't just ment it only for herself since she was a claymore. What she ment was it was important, maybe most important thing for her entire existance was for not herself, but for Clare to be human.

We know the bonds between Clare and Teresa were so strong that Clare was willing to become the first Claymore volunteer herself to avenge Teresa, even though she knew of the pain and suffering Teresa must of endured in the process of becoming a Claymore and the horror of facing Priscilla again.

I will break down my reasoning to two folds, but it may be still confusing so please excuse me beforehand if I failed at explaning it.

Reason 1:

If Clare became fully awaken and fought Priscilla as an AB, there would be two outcomes I can see. She gets killed by Priscilla anyway even as an AB or she kills Priscilla but lost all humanity in the process. Clare may be OK with ether outcome if it was entirely up to herself. However both of the outcome are unacceptable to Teresa, and we know Teresa ment everything to Clare. Teresa would not want Clare to be dead or to lose her humanity. She want her to live as a human, grow as a human and die of a human death.. Not as a monster.

Reason 2:

I think once again, Irene said it best. "You staying alive is the only proof Teresa ever existed" ~ Ilena

By that, for Clare to be with Teresa or in her case now, have the spirit of Teresa with her for forever. She must live and not awaken because by becoming an AB, the memory of her most dear Teresa would be gone like she never existed. I also have to stress, by Teresa's memory; I didn't ment her memory as a Claymore, but the memory of her as being a person, or human. Clare was the only person that saw Teresa as a human and not a monster to be feared. Having Teresa's memory as a human being be lost or forgotten to Clare would be an unimaginable tragedy that dwarfs Teresa's physical death at the hand of Priscilla.

There is also one more thing, does Clare know? Doe she know that Teresa wanted most was for Clare to be human. I don't think Clare's knew, because if she did she would not have been so surprised when she failed to awaken. However I do think deep inside, her heart knows what her mind couldn't, and that was Teresa's wish for her to be human. After all, Clare carries a part of Teresa would her always.
    Last edited by Khorr; May 13, 2011 at 12:55 AM.

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it might be Rafaela preventing it too...

what if Clare were to Awaken in Teresa's Awakened form... if the Destroyer is bad... imagine an Awakened (and uncontrolled) Teresa... goodbye universe!

------------------

joking aside:

if it was about Clare Awakening, than Clare would never have been able to Partially Awaken her first time against Rigardo, as remember that she couldn't de-Awaken, so if it were about preventing Clare from Awakening, than Clare would have been stopped from partially Awakening in the first place against Rigardo. It took Jean to de-Awaken Clare during the Rigardo incident, and so it is NOT about Clare Awakening

or, we can go even back further to the cathedral scene in the early manga, as wouldn't Teresa have prevented Clare from Awakening than, as if it wasn't for Raki, Clare was going to Awaken right then! But with raki's support/motivation, Clare was able to de-Awaken, becoming a HA instead of an Awakened.

and so, I think the key thing is that Clare STOPPED just an inch from Priscilla's head with her Huge Blade Arms. Now what or why this occured, is the big mystery...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 13, 2011 at 12:01 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

16. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it might be Rafaela preventing it too...

what if Clare were to Awaken in Teresa's Awakened form... if the Destroyer is bad... imagine an Awakened (and uncontrolled) Teresa... goodbye universe!

------------------

joking aside:

if it was about Clare Awakening, than Clare would never have been able to Partially Awaken her first time against Rigardo, as remember that she couldn't de-Awaken, so if it were about preventing Clare from Awakening, than Clare would have been stopped from partially Awakening in the first place against Rigardo. It took Jean to de-Awaken Clare during the Rigardo incident, and so it is NOT about Clare Awakening

or, we can go even back further to the cathedral scene in the early manga, as wouldn't Teresa have prevented Clare from Awakening than, as if it wasn't for Raki, Clare was going to Awaken right then! But with raki's support/motivation, Clare was able to de-Awaken, becoming a HA instead of an Awakened.

and so, I think the key thing is that Clare STOPPED just an inch from Priscilla's head with her Huge Blade Arms. Now what or why this occured, is the big mystery...
    Here's the thing, in both cases... Her mind or humanity was still intact, she just couldn't control her body. She could of still died with a human mind being partially awaken. She was still able to try killing herself or ask somone else to kill her. She could of still "died as a human" and that was good enough for Teresa, since living as a human and growing as a human is not possible anymore once Clare became Claymore.

With her being fully awaken, her humanity goes out the window along with whatever of her human body. Thats why I think she can't awaken, whatever force in control simply won't let her lose her humanity, and I say that's because of Teresa's own wish for her.

I think my bigger question was. Why was Priscilla just standing there and not trying to dodge it. I think Priscilla was curious about Clare and letting her having the first shot. She knows the blades to the head would not be fatal to her most likely. Or this could be just something Yagi did to make it look dramatic and we're over reading it.
    Last edited by Khorr; May 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, I've wondered about that, as you'd think obliterating Priscilla's head would kill her (unless its a fake head of hers - having the same bodies as Riful, Agatha, and Ophelia), so why was Priscilla completely unphased by having Clare's Huge Blade Arms coming at her head and stopping just an inch short of it?

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, I've wondered about that, as you'd think obliterating Priscilla's head would kill her (unless its a fake head of hers - having the same bodies as Riful, Agatha, and Ophelia), so why was Priscilla completely unphased by having Clare's Huge Blade Arms coming at her head and stopping just an inch short of it?
    I'm begining to think Priscilla is like Cell form DBZ. That she got so much yoma and regeneration that she can only be totally destoryed if her entire body was destoryed all at once. Maybe by the time the blade exist from her head being sliced in half, the side the blade was hit form already regenerated. Like trying to cut chocolate pudding. I mean she hardly seem to care when Dauf smashed half of her face to pieces TWICE!

22. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also of the thought that Priscilla's whole body would have to be destroyed instantaneously for her to die. Though I guess one could wear down her yoki enough that she wouldn't be able to regenerate anymore then cut her head off, but that would probably take several days of fighting, so I'm for the former. Besides, the main character just so happens to have an ability which would allow her to do just that - Quicksword.

24. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

This prolly don't belong in this section, but i just started reading Claymore about a day and half ago and i am already at chapter 50.
    I find it a very good manga so far and i will definitely be here posting soon
    But it being a monthly manga is what makes it harder I just hope that i won't forget much of the story when i start following it monthly

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...how is this thread so long? The chapter was practically filler. Guess that means you guys are rehashing, but I don't really feel like reading through all that. Guess my interest is fading now that the end is near and appears to be predictable.

Since I did read most of page eight, I'll respond to it, even though I feel like I've said this many times. The Jean mental block was a nonsense explanation that was used to misdirect the readers and help feed Clare's ignorance. Since Clare merged with and became the dominant consciousness of the merged abyssal, she couldn't awaken in the same sense that she might have before. That is, one can't really awaken and then awaken again, unless one completely returns during the process.

Finally, we will be seeing Teresa again (I think I also said this back when the revelation about the revival of rank ones was made). Yagi has pretty much turned awakened Priscilla into a symbol of infinite creation. Beyond absurd regeneration she's had against every enemy she's faced, her flesh has been used to revive dead claymores. Clare's most recent form represented infinite destruction. Put those two together, give them similar desires (bringing Teresa back), and you'll end up with wish fulfillment. Presumably, Clare would return to being human as a result of this...yay.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

28. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome jorped to Claymore, glad you like it, but if you're only at ch 50, you still got the best yet to come, as you're not even done (or you just are) with the first half of the story (which was made into the anime).

The next 50-60 chapters will really take off Claymore, into epicness

--------------------------

the anime is actually quite well done too and mostly follows the ~50 chapters of the manga, except for the last ~4 episodes of the anime which completely diverges from the manga as they had to end/conclude the anime.

We're still waiting for a 2nd season of an anime of Claymore, but we just don't know if it will come out or not yet, at some point in the future.

--------------------------

aye, the monthly wait is bad, and with how deep and complex Claymore is, you will probably forget a lot of things, unless you're constantly debating the stuff, it's very easy to forget stuff, that at the time seems so clear and that you'll always remember or be aware of it, hehe. But, that can be corrected quickly enough, with posts, discussions, and debates

----------------------

P.S.

what made you start reading Claymore ?

was it the manga and/or anime awards that we had some time ago or you got interested in Claymore from another source?
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 17, 2011 at 12:21 PM.

30. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast