Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 114 Disc/115 Pred Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 114 Disc/115 Pred Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Welcome jorped to Claymore, glad you like it, but if you're only at ch 50, you still got the best yet to come, as you're not even done (or you just are) with the first half of the story (which was made into the anime).

The next 50-60 chapters will really take off Claymore, into epicness

--------------------------

the anime is actually quite well done too and mostly follows the ~50 chapters of the manga, except for the last ~4 episodes of the anime which completely diverges from the manga as they had to end/conclude the anime.

We're still waiting for a 2nd season of an anime of Claymore, but we just don't know if it will come out or not yet, at some point in the future.

--------------------------

aye, the monthly wait is bad, and with how deep and complex Claymore is, you will probably forget a lot of things, unless you're constantly debating the stuff, it's very easy to forget stuff, that at the time seems so clear and that you'll always remember or be aware of it, hehe. But, that can be corrected quickly enough, with posts, discussions, and debates

----------------------

P.S.

what made you start reading Claymore ?

was it the manga and/or anime awards that we had some time ago or you got interested in Claymore from another source?
    I made him start reading claymore Hege. I had those numerous claymore sets, advising people to start reading this epic manga. Guess Jorped finally started reading it

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess i can say that partially it was gb fault .
    I already had heard of Claymore and i had it on my plan to read but wit the ammount of claymore sets that i saw gb using and the fact that most of the people that read it find it good i decided to try it and i don't regret that decision so far.

And thanks for the welcoming by the way

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love reading Claymore, but god lately this 1 1/2 month and 2 month waiting is making me impatient. lol!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe7133 View Post
    I love reading Claymore, but god lately this 1 1/2 month and 2 month waiting is making me impatient. lol!
    yeah the monthly wait makes me re-read the manga around 10 times each month

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, Japanese had and is still dealing with their "Tri-Crisis", they and Yagi are well excused for having a messed up manga releasing this month and previous month.

Helping family members and friends comes well before an on-time manga release, and especially a few impatient selfish fans...

------------

and in general, about the monthly release:

having 2 chapters released per month would be nice, but in no way do I want to lose the quality of Claymore, I don't want Yagi to get a team to help him, and we lose the quality of Claymore, and it becomes like some other "hollow" (this pun is a hint) mangas... with like no great plot... at all...

and quite frankly:

I want to still be reading an on-going Claymore manga when I'm 100 years old, lol-hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 19, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the all chapters out of Claymore and i really like it so far.
    I still have a lot of difficulty realizing sometimes who is who and i don't really know much of the characters name due to that factor but now that i will start following it weekly that is something that won't be much of a problem for much long

I don't like the way Rafutela died.
    She would have been very helpful to Miria and the others .

I think that most of them are going to be killed by the Abyss Feeders unfortunately.

Can't wait for the next chapters and i want to really understand what happened to Clare and Priscilla.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is the characters of Claymore thread, you can reference to look up their names and ranks, as well as some other stuff.

(now that my school term's over I can work more on it, update it and stuff)
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict that when Clare & Priscilla get out of the cocoon, not only will Clare have more speed, endurance & strength, but she'll also have the ability to heal those who are injured by not touching other claymores. She'll be like this radiant glowing light that all the remaining claymores will surround. Those that were dead for even 20 years or so, will feel this warmth and be revived as if raised from death itself. I'll consider her the perfect claymore.

You know how it was mentioned that there are two types of Claymores; defensive and offensive. Well, I think that she'll not only have both types of skills, but she'll be able to do so much more. I also think that we'll be seeing some kind of psychic ability (flying without wings but with the mind) from her.

If you think about it, there have not been a single Claymore mentioned that has shown some kind of magician influenced tricks (other than healing, and having glowing yellow eyes that turn into that of a cat..)

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, for some reason I feel Rafaela or maybe even Luciela or a hybrid of the two would pop out of the cocoon and not only just Clare. It would give the story an unexpected twist that drags the story on longer.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khorr View Post
    You know, for some reason I feel Rafaela or maybe even Luciela or a hybrid of the two would pop out of the cocoon and not only just Clare. It would give the story an unexpected twist that drags the story on longer.
    if that happens i would be so happy!Tbh when i was reading manga I was so looking forward to the AO Luciela, but she dissapointed me so much. SO i want to see a poweredup Luciela and Rafaela coming out of cocoon as well!

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khorr View Post
    That would be dead-sexy! Or a combination of Rafaela, Luciella, and Clare. Someone do some fanart on this thing! But that would be interesting. That, "thing" does have all the makings of a cocoon. Priscilla, Clare, and the Destroyer were all inside that thing. What comes out of there is either going to be Orson Wells scary, or Galatea sexy, either way it's bound to be powerful.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately, I disagree with this for these reasons:

1. Luciela *IS* dead

2. Rafaela *IS* dead OR she's inside Clare's head, which could allow her to "emerge", so Rafaela is a possibility at least

3. I just don't think and don't want to think that Clare will simply combine with them, as that would be just so lame, sighs.

personally, I don't think its a "cacoon", I think that Priscilla is merely ENSNARED and held/kept ENSNARED by Clare-Teresa-Destroyer ... hehe

no metamorphesis is happening... come on... do you guys/girls want a Hogyoko-Aizen (whatever that thing is called that's inside Aizen, lol) to emerge out of this "cacoon" or something? This is Claymore, not Bleach, lol
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 24, 2011 at 07:01 PM.

24. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    unfortunately, I disagree with this for these reasons:

1. Luciela *IS* dead

2. Rafaela *IS* dead OR she's inside Clare's head, which could allow her to "emerge", so Rafaela is a possibility at least

3. I just don't think and don't want to think that Clare will simply combine with them, as that would be just so lame, sighs.

personally, I don't think its a "cacoon", I think that Priscilla is merely ENSNARED and held/kept ENSNARED by Clare-Teresa-Destroyer ... hehe

no metamorphesis is happening... come on... do you guys/girls want a Hogyoko-Aizen (whatever that thing is called that's inside Aizen, lol) to emerge out of this "cacoon" or something? This is Claymore, not Bleach, lol
    Completely agree with you. I can see a combination of Rafaela and Clair, since I guess Rafaela had a conection with Tereza, and Tereza had a connection with Clair. However Luciela has nothing to do with CLair so tbh i dont even consider Luciela coming out of that thing alive or combined with clair.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm with HK on this one. If Yagi merges Clare's consciousness with Destroyer, it would be dilute or destroy the character we have come to know. I like Clare for her strength, her compassion and her flaws. She's almost like benevolent Captain Ahab (great movie with Gregory Peck). I sometimes wonder if her quest for revenge will ultimately lead to her undoing. She'll gain some experience and insight due to her convergence with the destroyer, but I don't think Yagi will deprive us of our Heroine.

Would you guys think that Clare could ever forgive Priscilla, if she ever regained her sense of humanity and expressed remorse for killing Teresa? If Yagi heads that route, would that enrich the story or would it be a cop out on Yagi's part? For some reason, I want to see Clare obtain a modicum of retribution but I don't want to see Priscilla die. Talk about a contradicting thought!

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of people may have misread my previous post about Rafaela, Luciella, and Clare poping out of the cacoon. That's entirely my fault for slacking and not explaining it.

Here's what I think it's going on. Clare and Rafaela and MAYBE (on the very unlikely side) Luciella is doing a mental battle against Priscilla inside the blob or cacoon thingy. At some point the blob going to fail or end and Clare will be spit back out as just Clare before she gotten swallowed up. However she will be given or entrusted of something important.. maybe a task.. maybe a way that can kill Priscilla for sure. In the mean time Rafaela and MAYBE Luciella would be the only ones capable of holding Priscilla at bay. Of course they'll lose but it buys enough time for Clare to do what she got to. Who knows, maybe Teresa will pop out of the cacoon in a weaken state and Clare's job would be to get Teresa far away so she can regain all her strength first, but I highly doubt Teresa will ever be resurrected. Cause if she ever did, she would be sidelining Clare as the main character of the story.

Quote Quote:
    Would you guys think that Clare could ever forgive Priscilla, if she ever regained her sense of humanity and expressed remorse for killing Teresa? If Yagi heads that route, would that enrich the story or would it be a cop out on Yagi's part? For some reason, I want to see Clare obtain a modicum of retribution but I don't want to see Priscilla die. Talk about a contradicting thought!
    I have yet to see any AB shown any remorse for killing people except at the moment before their death. I think in Priscilla's case it's not so much humanity we're to worry about but more of her sanity. She's insane... so to speak.
    Last edited by Khorr; May 26, 2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

30. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast