Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How Bad Will The Fight Against The Abyss Eaters Be?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • They'll pull through with only minor injuries

1 4.17%
  • The Ghosts will show up in the nick of time to prevent casualties

4 16.67%
  • They'll be some deaths before the Ghosts arrive.

13 54.17%
  • They'll be wiped out before the Ghosts arrive

1 4.17%
  • Even the arrival of the Ghosts won't be enought to turn the tide

0 0%
  • Pray Harder Galatea

5 20.83%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Claymore Chapter 114 Review By Super Angillis

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 114 Review By Super Angillis

Claymore Chapter 114- The Phantom Charges- Review-

Well hello everyone. It's been a bit of a long wait for this chapter, for reasons that I'm sure don't need any further explaining. Anyways, lets get on with this review, beginning with the poll results for the last chapter. Thankfully nobody hates Miria enough to want her dead. Also no one was happy to see her back, but felt her return was poorly done. Five People were just happy Miria was back. But the winner was the people who feel Galatea should pray more often. Let's hope the benefits of her prayer isn't all used up yet, cause it looks like Miria and the rebels are going to need it.
    Phantom Exposition-
    We open with the MIB's reaction to Miria being alive. Their not happy about it. Even Rubel is sweating at this revelation. It doesn't help that this means every single digit Claymore other than the missing Renee has defected. Although I'll admit I'm a bit surprised that the Organization knows about Anastasia already. Meanwhile on the Claymore side, Audrey want's to know how Miria is feeling. It seems that Miria has her scar because she prioritized healing her arm. And her arm may not be at 100% yet either. But Miria considers it good enough. Audrey thinks that Miria is too soft, since she attacked the Organization without being willing to kill any of the warriors. However if Miria hadn't done this, the warriors wouldn't have spared her, or joined her even if they had. We also get a nice bit of interplay between Audrey and Rachel, as Audrey teases her for losing so easily, even though she was seriously trying. However there is one Claymore who hasn't joined the rebellion, #10, Rafutela... But Miria states that no matter what she will not kill Claymores, and gives the order to destroy the Organization!
    Well we get to see a bit more about how the Org's Claymores reacted to Miria. It does give us a better idea of what happened, and confirms what I thought. Miria survived because she wouldn't kill them. In doing so she was able to shift their loyalty over to her. We see that she's already started utilizing the various skills of her new recruits, like putting Nina in the sensor position. We also get a nice little bit of interplay between Audrey and Rachel Seems like those two are very close, and Audrey likes to tease Rachel In a lot of way's I'm reminded to Deneve and Helen.
    Because Nothing Can Go Wrong With This Plan-
    Meanwhile inside the Organization's inner chambers, several MIB are in a panic. Even the trainees are revolting, and with the shrimp twins awakened forms, the handlers would just get slaughtered. Rimuto want's to know why Rafutela didn't tell them that Miria was still alive. She explains that they didn't ask. She explains that the organization's ignoring the human hearts of the Claymores caused this. For her honesty, she gets impaled with multiple pikes. Rimuto show's that he hasn't learned a damn thing, and declares that in the future the Organization will be better about destroying the heart right from the get go. As it is, the Org is in trouble, and Dae won't be sending the revived number ones out for a few hours. So Rimuto decides to release the Abyss Eaters while the MIB hide inside.
    Okay, Personally I think Rimuto is starting to lose it. He had Rafutela killed for pointing out that the Claymores are still human. Of course the Org has always been trying to create pure weapons, but has thus far been making warriors, with their own heart. While they think their getting closer with the AE and the like, I'm not so sure. As we saw when the Destroyers rods infected them, the AE can be loosed from their controls. And them they simply become berserk monsters, and a threat to those that released them. Now the real reason I think Rimuto is starting to lose it is because he had some of those untargeted Abyss Eaters released. I guess his intention is to let them clean up the rebellion, then have the revived #1's kill the AE, but is that really a good plan? If something happens and an AE gets inside the building, the Organization's members are dead. And they can't really be sure what the dead three are going to be like once they begin moving.
    They'll Eat You Alive-
    Meanwhile Miria's rebels get to meet the AE. Interestingly enough, no one knows what they are. So Dietrich was the only one to ever learn about them? Miria immediately realizes the threat, and has the stronger Claymores move to defend the weaker ones. One Claymore immediately losses an arm. But Miria quickly realizes that the AE can be killed if their heads are destroyed. She also realizes just how hard that is, and tells all the weaker Claymores to run, while she and the single digits try to stop them.
    Well, I've been hearing a lot about how Miria made the wrong decision by going to the Organization alone, or how Deneve made the wrong decision by going to destroy the AB plant first. But I think we can add Dietrich to the list. She really should have told Miria more about the AE when she was asked. Now the rebels are in for serous trouble, with the possibility of an even greater threat incoming. I count at least 8 AE, so let's hope the ghosts get their before too long. Because I think the only one who might have a good idea for how to fight the AE is Dietrich.
    Jailbreak-
    And we get to see Raki. He's stuck in a cell, but otherwise okay. Seems like removing the rods was all it took to fix him up. But he's still stuck a prisoner of the Organization, not the best of places to be. Fortunately, a way out gets opened up by one of the Shrimp Twins. Seems like the trainees are releasing everyone in the cells. But what will happen now? Well I kinda hope he kills a few MIB. Hey, he's not a Claymore, so he won't have as much of an aversion right?
    Winner of the Month- Audrey
    No one really did anything that game changing this month. So I'm going to give it to Audrey for her ability to pick on Rachel

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Chapter 114 Review By Super Angillis

The problem with Deneve's group showing up:

they're at the Lab to the north where the 3 rank 1 dead Claymores are being revived at...

so, it seems unlikely they can arrive at the Org HQs to help out in time.

----------------------

also, I think the Claymores are going to have a hard time against the AFs:

1. while they DO have AB experience (as they've been actively hunting ABs for the AFs creation... oh Yagi... more irony.... you're an awesome writer, hehe), AFs are far beyond/more powerful than the ABs.

2. The AFs *ARE* very powerful, just ask:

Isley, Riful, Dauf, Helen, Deneve (who's probably at or even beyond Miria's level hehe), the Hellcats, Dietrich, and Yuma.

Do these Claymores compare to the above list?

Miria, Audrey, Rachel, Nina, and a bunch of double digits?

(and remember at least one TAT won't be of help, as she's underground? or where-ever... the cells are... chaining "Poor" Raki back up.... just kiding... oh wait... Raki, you're in serious trouble... what are they doing still holding onto their huge claymore swords... oh no... Raki you may not like this actually... just kiding again... sorry... couldn't help this funny thought... lololol)

(P.S., where is the other TAT anyways? does anyone know?)

in the previous chapter the BCs suddenly (somehow) get the news that the secret Lab to the north is about to be under attack by Deneve+Anastasia 's groups, so that's how they know about Anastasia's treason.

and it is in this moment that Miria emerges too...

------------------------------

Raftela in my understanding was actually loyal to Miria's side... though understanding her actions are a bit more difficult.

Raftela did choose to NOT to tell the BCs that Miria was actually still alive, because she like Galatea could sense emotions, and she sensed the human-hearted/emotions/acring for each other they all shared.. whereas the BCs display no human hearted/emotions/caring for them.

She then "Spat on Rimuto's Face" of their betrayal and rebellion, which peeved off Rimuto, and seemingly Raftela is dead now...

------------------------------

P.S.

if anyone's seen Underworld (first one) movie, is this turning out to be familiar?

Rimuto = Viktor

Miria = Selene

Raftela = Lucian's scientist guy who after getting captured by Selene tells viktor the bad news about Luciens rebellion against himself, and viktor angrily kills him...

etc...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 21, 2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post

they're at the Lab to the north where the 3 rank 1 dead Claymores are being revived at...

Why do you think that they're at Daae's lab? I would think that it's a different lab, since there was no commotion when Rubul went to visit Daae...

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

D+A 's groups aren't at it yet so Dae+Rubel were "undisturbed"...but instead merely nearby the Lab... having just killed the "escaped" male AB-humans in ch 112.

Rubel "quickly" returns to the Org HQs to witness the "emergence" of Miria in ch 113.

and now we are at ch 114...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 21, 2011 at 07:35 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't sound right to me. The messenger that picked up Rubul at Daae's lab already knew that the research lab to the North had been raided, that's what the meeting had been called for. Hence Daae's lab can't be the research lab in question.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna have to dissagree with you there HegemonKhan. If I remember right the last time we saw Deneve and Anastasia they were talking in a way that sounded like they had attacked the AB plant. I figure Dae's lab to be somewhere else. I'd have to check, but The MIB might have mentioned the northern lab bieng attacked, and if so, then it definitly isn't the same place.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    D+A 's groups aren't at it yet so Dae+Rubel were "undisturbed"...but instead merely nearby the Lab... having just killed the "escaped" male AB-humans in ch 112.

Rubel "quickly" returns to the Org HQs to witness the "emergence" of Miria in ch 113.

and now we are at ch 114...
    Why are you assuming there's only one lab? The lab D & Co are attacking is for creating male awakends, which would be stupid to do within HQ. The lab for creating claymores and everything to do with them is far more likely to be situated within HQ than outside it. And I point at chapter 114. While your argument "the disturbance hadn't started het" might sound alright, how do you explain the MiBs saying Dae still needs "a few more hours"? Unless Dae magiced himself and the corpses into the safety of HQ when the disturbance started... Which would still indicate there is a second lab at HQ with all the equipment necessary for Dae to do his thing, which would make Dae working in a lab outside of HQ just as unlikely once more.

Occam's Razor

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member colonywars's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Everything is fine. Action goes over possible imagination, but when We finally see final interaction between Clare and Priscilla?

And for casualties and fight against AE, there is no any clue how much is left of that creatures, so even with only 5 top members, and bunch of other double digits Claymores, and perhaps with help form trainees and Raki (why not? He is now very strong so at least He will not slow down the others) they can hold enough time to reunite Ghosts - Miria party, and then it will be like walking in the park. Unless Org will finish their "Zombie powered by Priscilla" squad, and then... Who knows? Maybe some teachable moments or another retrospection, again :/ ?

Have a nice day

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    We see that she's already started utilizing the various skills of her new recruits, like putting Nina in the sensor position.
    I think Nina was asked by Audrey.

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, it will be possible that cassandra enter in battlefield. Afetr that, could be arrive Deneve's group. The demons (or Abyssal eater) are only a tactic of the MIB to take the necessay time for the dae experiments.

Certainly, some claymore coul be dead in this battle, the different in power are very high. The demons have a incredible regenerative ability, claymore whit low experience have no chance. The single digit can not defend all of her.

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MDave's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Touched on all the points I wondered about too, like how the MiB knew about Anastasia being part of the group attacking the northern lab/research center. But then that was kindly answered by HK

There is a total of 11 Abyss Feeders, and when half of them are killed the rest of them retreat back to HQ right? Since they are at HQ, all of them are going to carry on fighting, especially without a target? That is seriously bad news. But perhaps it can be done if a strategy can be thought of on the spot. Miria has a talent for that from what I recall, and demonstrated here as well. I can't think of a better strategy to take them on while minimizing casualties

What made them so difficult to defeat for Isley was that they retreated after half of them were killed, as well as the experience they gained and shared with the other Abyss Eaters that died by using some sort of link. Whittling them down, after many repeated battles with them gaining the upper hand slowly, while Isley losing his stamina/youki before he can recover for the next battle. He noted that the interval between battles was getting shorter too.

While that strategy of battle the Abyss Eaters had programmed into them worked extremely efficiently and well for a single target, how well would they fare against multiple targets without a programmed strategy? This is probably how they will all be defeated in the end. Theres about 43 claymores there, they should try to form teams against each one of the 11 like the pieta battle. That works out at about 4 claymores per Abyss Eater? Sounds possible! Have the 11 strongest claymores there form as captains and 3 claymores as support for each one.

Lets not forget the Trainee Twins either! They could really be a big help.

For the sake of the story wise I don't think any of the Abyss Eaters will survive, but there will probably be some serious injurys or even deaths among some of the weaker claymores. I don't think it'll take a few hours for this battle, so they should be finished well before the former number 1's arrive on the scene :P

So this gives Deneve's group time to meet up with Miria's group to face them.

Or Deneve's group comes in to lend just in the nick of time when things aren't looking good against the Abyss Eaters. She has a habit of dropping in to save someone/group of claymores just in time (Dietrich's group, Clare against destroyer hell cats, Clare against pricilla, Awakened beings attack on Rabona, and Anastasia's group) :P
    ~ Time for sleep, Time for dreams, Time for awakening ~

20. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am very confused at which scenes are this Lab to the north and which are the Org HQs, and I actually went against my own previous thoughts, which you used for your arguments (an echoing of my own thoughts I made in previous posts, lol):

males being created at the secret Lab

females being created at the Org HQs

(as Rubel had said, ~"the orphaned boys are taken north and orphaned girls taken to the east, because both are always short on manpower")

So, in my recent posts I forgotten about this whole train of thought as can be seen. so, thank you for reminding me!

-------------------

since the 3 dead rank 1 Claymores going to be "Re-Animated", are probably at the Org HQs (thanks for reminding me!), that means Dae+Rubel were at the Org HQs.

which leaves us with at least two questions:

1. how did the Org know that the secret lab to the north is under attack by Deneve+Anastasia 's group ???

(I need to go back and read the ch where Miria is revealed as alive as that's where the announcement is made about the lab under attack, and which also suspiciously prompts Miria to come out and begin the rebellion, which made me think Miria and Tabatha might have planned this joint strike together...)

2. Since neither Dae nor Rubel were at the northern secret lab, who is there running it? who's making the male ABs there ???
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 22, 2011 at 06:53 PM.

22. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MDave's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

D'oh! Yeah, the 3 dead rank 1 claymores should be at the HQ

Either way, I reckon that Deneve and Miria will group up before the 3 dead rank 1 claymores are sent to battle.

The Organisation seem to have a very fast and efficient way of sending information from one place to another, but I doubt it's some super stealthy ninja MiB they have Theres many occasions in the manga where they seem to find out information about an event very quickly. Alicia and Beth were really quick at reporting back to HQ about the destroyer.

Here's my crack pot theory: Your basic youma are the result of male humans being forced to awaken from some sort of implantation of youma flesh. Thats what the northern laboratory is for. So really ... all youma are awakened beings, just theres a BIG difference in strength if the human in question undergoes specific training to handle the youma flesh (what claymores become) or not (basic human = basic youma).

The spiderman awakened being all the way back when Clare + Miria + Deneve + Helen first fought together, hinted at his role, his job is basically to kill claymores that the organisation send to him. So he ... works for the organisation? Does this mean, he is actually a product of the organisation from the northern labs? I don't think a former claymore who awakened would be given a job directly from the organisation, the organisation treats all awakened claymores as failures.

So he could of been a human, or even a MiB, that was given youma flesh and awakened into the intelligent being he is, and was given this job of killing troublesome claymores the organisation would send his way, as a way for the organisation to cover up the origins of youma?

If they are doing that, could they be creating youma beings that completely hide their youki, are extremely fast and stealthy, and are given a task of reporting information to HQ or other MiB on the field?
    Last edited by MDave; April 22, 2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Typo fixes
    ~ Time for sleep, Time for dreams, Time for awakening ~

24. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

as far as we know, In my best understanding:

1. the mindless "Beast" city Razing male Awakeneds, that go directly from male human to male Awakened. The Organization "drops off" these by the city they want destroyed.

2. the intelligent male Awakeneds (male ABs or male AO-Isley) of Isley's Era. From male human to male Claymore to male Awakened.

3. the intelligent male Awakened ("Spiderman", the Org's "Purifier" of their "Troublesome Claymores") that was killed by Clare+Miria. We don't know if he's one of Isley's Era as in if he was a Claymore like they were, or not...

4. The intelligent male "Super" Normal Yoma that Clare killed in the early chapters in the Rabona cathedral.

5. The generic intelligent male NYs we seen all over in the early manga. Some work for the Org (the one that sacrifices itself for the Teainees' final test/trial, and the NYs seen in the failed razing of Rabona along with the city Razing mindless "beast" male Awakeneds) and some/most don't obviously. we still don't know anything about their origins... sighs...

6. the Destroyer (females)

7. The Destroyer's Hellcats (females)

8. The Destroyer's or its Hellcats' Infected Hosts (the Infected mutation is female but it can be on a male Host, like Dauf, lol)

9. the AFs/AEs (females)

10. Claymores (just female now)

11. Humans (males and females, duh)

12. HAs (females)

13. Ghosts (females)

14. BCs/MiBs (males)

15. the female Awakeneds, female ABs or female AOs
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 22, 2011 at 09:49 PM.

26. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Super Angillis

I explained the AEs in chapter 114 here and here.

As for the poll, I picked "They'll be some deaths before the Ghosts arrive."

Quote Originally Posted by MDave View Post
    What made them so difficult to defeat for Isley was that they retreated after half of them were killed, as well as the experience they gained and shared with the other Abyss Eaters that died by using some sort of link. Whittling them down, after many repeated battles with them gaining the upper hand slowly, while Isley losing his stamina/youki before he can recover for the next battle. He noted that the interval between battles was getting shorter too.

While that strategy of battle the Abyss Eaters had programmed into them worked extremely efficiently and well for a single target, how well would they fare against multiple targets without a programmed strategy?
    I'd like to add my view on the difference between Isley and Riful though.

The way I see it, Isley wasn't defeaten just because the AEs gathered the necessary experience: his weapons were unfavorable too. We've seen him with bow & arrows, an axe, and I seem to remember a sword as well, although I have no idea where. The 'problem' with the axe and sword, opposed to Riful's tentacle-like weapons, is that they're very linear and quite useless against a large group regenerating monsters. Which leaves the arrows. We were shown the arrows 'home in on their target' during Isley's battle with Luciela. But when fighting the AEs, we see one of these arrows hit an AE in the stomach/torso instead of the head, suggesting they might home in on the target, but don't necessarily hit their vital spot. Moreover, the number of arrows Isley could shoot at once - while impressive - was rather low compared to the number of Riful's tentacles. To compare, Riful had dozens of fully flexible tentacles that could literally attack from every direction. The only reason they manage to injure her at the start was because they caught her by surprise.

Now, compare it to our current group of rebels. There are many, they have varying degrees of strength, speed and agility and they can attack from all sides as well. Besides, they've got Miria.
    I'd be surprised if ten, let alone more, warriors died. I expect the battle against the three zombies is what'll really hurt, and I expect Deneve and co will arrive in the midst of this battle, to safe the day.
    Last edited by Nefnora; April 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

28. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast