Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 114 Disc/115 Pred Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 114 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aegon-rokudo View Post
    Well obviously if I saw abissal feeders in that pic I would have considered them the subject of miria sentence plus two things:
    1) abissal feeders choose their target with the scent, how did the organization send them against claymores?
    2) Miria doesn't know about their regenerative abilities. If I'm not wrong(correct me if I'm wrong) the only information she has on them comes from her enconter with dietrich in rabona here:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/claymore/v17/c090/9.html

no mention of regeneration
    it is true that the manga never displays Miria ever having any chance of knowing about the AFs at all, as, as you mentioned her meeting with Dietrich was brief, and had nothing to do with the AFs (if I remember correctly, dietrich never mentions them to Miria).

HOWEVER, Deneve does mention to Tabatha about how Miria had a hunch about the secret Lab and that to search-sense for the "pre-yoki" of these male ABs from humans.

This suggest that Miria has indeed been doing her "intelligence gathering recon" (or Rubel simply done it for her, lol), and not only found out about the Lab and the male ABs, but the AFs as well.

(a tiny bit) about the AFs:

they have "Priscilla level" Regeneration ability

they're gluttonous appetite and themselves are somehow controlled and/or sealed by the BCs, and they are trained to only seek the target that they've been trained to hunt the scent of it.

this is shown to us, when Dietrich uses the piece of cloth from Riful's dress that the AFs were still standing around, to get them to follow her to the Hellcats pursuing Yuma. This is because Dietrich has seen what happens when they engage each other.

the hellcats will attack anything, and so they will attack the AFs.

the AFs WILL defend themselves if attacked (as Helen found out the hard way, nearly getting killed if it wasn't for Deneve, while they were fighting Isley) and/or any sudden movements as well.

but the real important thing we learn is that when the projectiles from the hellcats (and from the Destroyer) hit the AF, their "Infection Ability" breaks whatever Yoki-Mind control/sealment that the BCs had over the AFs, and the AFs start to attack and eat everything around them.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh well I got the wrong guess then, no harm done

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    Thank you very much for the translation! As I'm sure I speak for everyone here, we're all appreciative of you translating for us!!!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 20, 2011 at 06:59 AM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It may not be a big deal that Miria knows about the AF's. Dietrich knew, and I assume she wasn't the only single digit Claymore to know about them. So someone like Audery could have filled Miria in while she was healing.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Same Chinese scanlation but of a bit higher quality than online version on Baidu.

@SA
    Not necessarily. It looked to me she found out about their weakness empirically (although head is always a weak point for every AB/Claymore so it be my first choice for a weak point too).
    Last edited by Goral; April 20, 2011 at 09:17 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Read online have been out on MHead Claymore 114 Raw Scan

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

lol
    You both gave the same files I did. These are not raws but Chinese scanlations.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah basically from the chinese scanlations they are fighting the feeders and miria told the lower ranks to back down and let the single ranks take care of them. The organization also asked #10 why she didnt betray them and why she didnt tell them about miria's youki didnt die out and she said they didn't ask so she didn't tell. She also said since the claymores are half human their human emotions moved her and everyone's emotion at that time was "miria must not die".

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the chapter for some reason (maybe because I've waited almost a month longer) even though I think that writing was sloppy. This "Miria mustn't die" crap is really unconvincing. Somehow when Teresa spared 5 warriors who wanted to kill her, then next 4 plus she killed humans to protect other humans and she protected little girl no one even thought about not killing her. And Miria was intending to kill MiBs who for all Claymores knew where humans' saviors (otherwise they wouldn't listen to them and we've seen on Audrey's and Dee's examples they were loyal) and humans themselves. So she was intending to commit a much bigger crime. Suddenly all Claymores developed a hive mind and knew what must be done.

And with Rafaela I see a contradiction (in a way). Since Raftela could sense everyone's emotions and didn't intend to kill Miria either why did she go with what MiB said in the first place? Why didn't she fake the attack and join her comrades?
    And Rimuto killing her just because she wasn't doing 200% of the norm was also a sign of despair and losing it. MiB's end is really near now, I thought it would be harder for Miria to defeat them than that. First Yagi made Miria too strong when compared to current warriors, later he pulled Rafaela just so Miria could survive anyway, now Rafaela's dead anyway and Miria's team is winning. Next MiB will be winning because of resurrected #1 (which BTW is another ass-pull if you ask me since Dae managed to do that only after receiving Priscilla's arm) and lastly Clare will probably save the day (possibly with Priscilla).

I don't like where the story is going but like I said, this chapter, despite all my ranting I would rate 7/10. Maybe it will change later (for a lower rating), when I'll be able to read whole Claymore, without waiting 2 months but for now I was satisfied. But this scares me to be honest since it would seem that if I had 6 months break from it I would gladly read even the lamest chapter ever :/.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I liked the chapter for some reason (maybe because I've waited almost a month longer) even though I think that writing was sloppy. This "Miria mustn't die" crap is really unconvincing. Somehow when Teresa spared 5 warriors who wanted to kill her, then next 4 plus she killed humans to protect other humans and she protected little girl no one even thought about not killing her. And Miria was intending to kill MiBs who for all Claymores knew where humans' saviors (otherwise they wouldn't listen to them and we've seen on Audrey's and Dee's examples they were loyal) and humans themselves. So she was intending to commit a much bigger crime. Suddenly all Claymores developed a hive mind and knew what must be done.

And with Rafaela I see a contradiction (in a way). Since Raftela could sense everyone's emotions and didn't intend to kill Miria either why did she go with what MiB said in the first place? Why didn't she fake the attack and join her comrades?
    And Rimuto killing her just because she wasn't doing 200% of the norm was also a sign of despair and losing it. MiB's end is really near now, I thought it would be harder for Miria to defeat them than that. First Yagi made Miria too strong when compared to current warriors, later he pulled Rafaela just so Miria could survive anyway, now Rafaela's dead anyway and Miria's team is winning. Next MiB will be winning because of resurrected #1 (which BTW is another ass-pull if you ask me since Dae managed to do that only after receiving Priscilla's arm) and lastly Clare will probably save the day (possibly with Priscilla).

I don't like where the story is going but like I said, this chapter, despite all my ranting I would rate 7/10. Maybe it will change later (for a lower rating), when I'll be able to read whole Claymore, without waiting 2 months but for now I was satisfied. But this scares me to be honest since it would seem that if I had 6 months break from it I would gladly read even the lamest chapter ever :/.
    miria is far stronger because of the lifethreatening training they have done for those long seven years. more than any other claymore, aside for her the other six, and they could compeltely concentrate on it without having to hunt yoma by order. rafaela wan't focusing on everyone, for another, but only the twins and miria.
    lastly the new batch of clayore are following here because the organization guys said she was a monster who wnated to kill everyone. they were all spared., though they knew she could have killed without effort.
    how are they winning right now? it is pretty damn even from my standpoint. elite of the claymore versus extremely efficient, if still lesser, monsters. they are gonna have to grind hard to win.
    the main difference between miria and teresa is that she is mostly an unkown, a mysteiorus, immensley powerful, yet merciful phantom that appeared from nwohere. also teresa had killed humans, and more than likely the org itnentionally left out the fact they were all heartless bandits and bsatards.
    more than likely miria gave them some secret information, who knows how much, after they spared her. probably secretly held her hsotage till they got the truth. now they see the holes in the organization's lies. also nearly all claymore hate the organization. they turned their lives inot a constant and bloody struggle. the majority are forced into the organization, the only, single exception being none other htan clare. in the end most know they cannot find their own way, die in a bloody struggle, or live on seeking revenge. the org has created a system of hatred, despair, and violence that makes it all too easy to experiment.

my fear is that even if, and they likely will win, what happens after. i doubt that anyone that you would list teresa alongside with you want ot become an awakened. they would prefer the claymore slaughter most of the staff and go into hiding than let that disaster happen. also i have a disturbing suspicion, a large hunch, that this is not their only testing grounds. the org might have a mainland facility, where htye are using their own claymores. if they catch wind of this fiasco, they might send warriors to the testing grounds. and the worse part is that these would not be the same as the ones inland. they may well be those who chose to become claymore to fight off the dragon kin...... claymore has left us with much to ponder and a future of new plot twists and turns.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 114 Discussion/115 Pred Thread

I liked the chapter a lot but wasn't it supposed to be a double chapter?

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore 114 Discussion/115 Pred Thread

Wow, thanks mangastream!

This chapter was really well done. The only thing I disliked about it was how it was rather redundant. It was repetitive on telling us why the warriors decided to work with Maria and end the organization men. I mean, they could have used the first pages in explaining circumstances or who is a single digit and stuff like that. Especially when the warrior looked too conceited while saying it.

It just seemed a little un-needed. I guess Yagi needed to express a message of some kind. Whatever. And guys, what is "Anti-warrior" training supposed to mean? That boy, Raki. They didn't do any experiments on him to make him a warrior? I'm disappointed for that.

My prediction:
    On chapter 115-116, we'll be seeing the surprising approach of "OLD claymores" that'll be awaken and ready soon. I hope Tabitha moves the group towards the aid for Maria, cause Maria is desperately gonna need the back-up.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    I liked the chapter a lot but wasn't it supposed to be a double chapter?
    some thought/hoped it would be, but nope, it's obviously not, sighs.

though Japan does have "some problems", so can't really complain...

-----------------------------------------------

some thoughts on the chapter:

1. Nina is good at Yoki Sensing

2. Miria simply Healed and Re-Attached her arm, but due to this she wasn't able to Heal away her X forehead scar, lol.

3. Renee/Rune is being hinted as possibly still being alive, and thus NOT killed by Riful. (Yay! Yagi didn't forget about her, and clearing up whether she was dead or got away hehe)

4. Raftela (I think Rafutela is a typo, adding in the U accidentally) actually doesn't seem to be on the Org's side, as she never told them that Miria was still alive, and instead went to go tell Rimuto and the other BCs that the Org was F'ed... because they forgot the importance of the Human heart (or Humanity) to the Claymores...

4. Raftela can also sense emotions like Galatea, however she is probably dead now.

5. Rimuto talks about future research... about completely controlling/erasing their creations' minds so they can't have "Human/free-will/rebellious" thoughts.

This also seems to show he seems confident that this isn't the end of the Org... which is bad for the Claymores.

6. Are those Retrieval Unit BCs who seemingly killed Raftela, possibly special/powerful elite guard warriors... ?maybe?

7. Miria gives ominous news that the AFs are too strong for them....

8. Is Raki going to be rescued or killed?

9. I feel that Audrey was only pretending to be hostile to Miria... and that Audrey probably had a big part possibly in the Claymores' "softness" back towards Miria.

10. I also feel that Rachel is only pretending as well, much akin to Undine, pretending to be big and tough, but is really a "softy" as well underneath, she jsut doesn't want to admit that she liked Miria as well, instead trying to pretend she's only being friendly because of Audrey.

11. we learn a bit more about the Org HQ "compound", that it is quite large... and that the AFs were being held behind huge heavy gates... lol...

12. Also... Rubel's still up in the air.... I think... we really don't know anything more about him or his motives or side he's on... imo anyways...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 20, 2011 at 06:30 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic!! Only downside is that it was too short. It was a little bit of a surprise seeing the feeders mobilized but it kinda makes sense. I wonder what will happen?? Miria says not good the difference in strength is too great. I also think back to when Helen and Deneve first met the feeders. Helen was defeated really quickly, loosing her extended arm and getting stabbed in multiple places in an instant. IMO Deneve and Helen are as strong as single digit warriors probably ranked around #7ish. Proof is that Deitritch was able to dodge both of their attacks rather easily. So in the coming battle probably Audrey and Rachel are gona be the only warriors capable of killing the feeders.

How epic was it that the twins also defected?? Next chapter either the rezzed #1's will apear or Deneve's group will appear and help save Miria's group from the feeders.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't she heal the scar later? Everyone always said Rafaela could regenerate her eyes at anytime she wanted, I'd think fixing a scar would be significantly less difficult.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no way that Miria can regenerate her scar. And there wasn't anyway for Raphaela to regenerate her eye either. Rubel told Raphaela that she could regenerate it but that was around the time that Luciela awakened. Raphaela did not regenerate her eye because she was supressing her yoki in a vain attempt to bring Luciela back to human form. Galatea can not regenerate her eyes even though she is a defensive type. Also Helen lost her eye to the feeders and said that she couldn't regenerate it, leading Deneve to hatch a plan to meet up with Cynthia. So the only way for Miria to get rid of her scar is for someone like Cynthia nd even then it's probably too late since it seems healed over.

27. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast