Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Toxic Arrow

58 72.50%
  • Team Tough Berserker

22 27.50%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Team Toxic Arrow vs Team Tough Berserker

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Toxic Arrow vs Team Tough Berserker

Team Toxic Arrow vs. Team Tough Berserker

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Mayuri

Kurotsuchi Mayuri is the 12th division captain and 2nd president of Shinigami Research and Development Institute. He is an amoral genius with a penchant for poisons and body modifications of his subjects, subordinates, and even himself. His shikai, Ashisogi Jizō, can, after stabbing of the opponent, induce paralysis of the limbs that does not inhibit pain reception. His bankai, Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō, produces a large, autonomous creature that exhales deadly, incurable poison, can extend and retract numerous blades, devour and crush opponents, and self-destruct at Kurotsuchi's command.
    Ishida

Ishida Uryū, a Quincy living in Karakura Town, is generally quiet and solitary, but also cares about being seen as 'cool.' He has a genius intellect as well as a very strong sense of justice, operating on a moral ethic known as the "Pride of the Quincy." Uryū, as a Quincy, primarily absorbs spiritual energy from the atmosphere, and combines it with his own spiritual energy to form weapons. A bow and arrow is his weapon of choice, but he has also shown aptitude with other weapons, such as the sword Seele Schneider. In addition, he is able to use several high-level Quincy techniques such as Hirenkyaku and Ransōtengai.

vs.

Nnoitra

Nnoitra Gilga is the Fifth (Quinta) Espada and the one who most noticeably holds a desire for battle and blood. He wishes to prove himself to be the strongest Espada and sets out to do this by killing as much as he possibly can. His Resurrección, Santa Teresa, changes his normal snake-like appearance into that of a praying mantis. He gains extra sets of arms and wields six scythes by which he can slay his prey.
    Ayon

Ayon is a grotesque chimeric entity created using the triadic ability, Quimera Parca, requiring the left arms of Tia Harribel: Apacci, Mila rose, and Sung-Sun. While it apparently is a raging beast with no intelligence, it possesses amazing physical capabilities, including resistance to kidō, immense strength and power, remarkable speed and flexibility, and the ability to shoot cero.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 05, 2011 at 08:33 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Toxic Arrow vs Team Tough Berserker

Ishida with final form could probably take Ayon. Without it, he gets kinda owned. His skillset while good for anything lacking a defense isn't good against a literal monster of a tank.

Mayuri however might take this if he goes all out with poison though... but in a straight fight these two destroy him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hajialibaig's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough match. But I like Nnoitra, so I guess my vote goes to him

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm..I think team two wins. I like to think that Ishida is high vc/low captain level ans Mayuri doesn't have much of a punch himself. Mayuri told Renji to know his place when Renji wanted to help while Kenpachi and Nnotora were still going at it. Even with intelligence, gadgets, and Arrancar mines at their disposal, I don't see the odd couple that is team toxic arrow taking this one. Too much power, HSR, and tanking for them to get around.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna stick with team 1 due to Mayuri's poison. I personally think that Ashisogi Jizo can hold off Ayon with its retractable blades while the poison spreads, and Mayuri seems to be the type of character who doesn't like to get involved with barbaric fights. So if Nnoitra comes charging at him, Mayuri will probably do his best to avoid him. Ishida could give Nnoitra some distraction as well, and the poison will keep spreading. So in the end, I can see Mayuri be the last one standing here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I know many will disagree with me, but I honestly think Mayuri is one of them most dangerous guys in the manga. Prep or no prep, he's still got some ridiculous abilities.

One nick of his Shikai and you're basically done. Luckily for Noirtra, Mayuri likely won't be able to cut him, Allon on the other hand doesn't seem like he has any Hierro, he's just a tank in general.

So Shikai may work, but I wouldn't place my bets on it.

As far as Bankai goes, well the poison is brutal, the giant blades could keep Allon away, probably not Noirtra. The problem is, not only does it BREATHE poison, but even if it gets killed (even split in half) the poison still spreads for a ridiculous distance. Stark may have been able to Sonido out of range, but no way can either of these two manage that.

I'm not sure if Ishida can use FQF, I know it was brought up, but I forget what the ruling was. At any rate, he's smart enough and has a few gadgets that could stall for a bit, but he obviously won't be beating either opponent.

All in all, it comes down to poison, both are berserkers, neither are all that fast, they get caught by the poison and Mayuri can always liquefy himself if need be. Ishida would probably die too, not like he cares.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryuu does not have access to the Final Quincy Form.

If you are concerned about whether something is allowed or not and recall that there was a decision on the matter from the moderators, a good place to check is the Tournament Rules thread in the section about character-specific rules.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    Uryuu does not have access to the Final Quincy Form.

If you are concerned about whether something is allowed or not and recall that there was a decision on the matter from the moderators, a good place to check is the Tournament Rules thread in the section about character-specific rules.
    Thanks, I didn't really know you guys regularly updated it.

At any rate, it doesn't change my decision.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    One nick of his Shikai and you're basically done
    Actually the paralysis is limited to the limb that gets cut. Nicking just anywhere isn't going to cut it. Mayuri is deadly, but unlike Syzael, most of his mods tend to be for highly specific and utterly worthless in general combat situations. His main catch here is the poison and the paralysis.

And frankly I'm damn sure the poison won't work on Ayon. You can damage his organs all you like, dude can get up even when cut in half. Though yeah, paralysis will take care of that, provided it works.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Toxic Arrow:

Mayuri goes nuts and poisons every soul in the vicinity (including poor Ishida ).

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no clue of how this could go. Mayuri is evidently weak in terms of physical capacity but that is hardly his fighting style. His magic comes from the sheer insanity of his inventions. I guess it depends on how durable his bankai is overall. If his bankai is durable enough then nnoitora would not be able to destroy it. In turn that means mayuri can release poison while holding nnoitora back. If mayuri's poison is potent enough then he would take the win here. Nnoitora also has the inherent disadvantage of being a close range fighter which can't be good against his bankai. I think mayuri would be pretty capable of handling allon with his bankai too but I can't be sure of how poinson would affect it. I also get the impression ishinda could be out of his league here. He did give a former espada a run for his money so perhaps he could find a way to defeat allon. The main issue is that allon won't die from normal wounds so rather than strength or speed ishida's main issue against it might be the fact that he has to utterly obliterate allon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one interesting match-up.

Normally, the combined genius of Mayuri and Ishida should be able to outsmart and defeat most combatants, but they're facing some seriously dangerous opponents. Nnoitra can be an incredibly tough opponent and he's a monster at close-range and, in my opinion, Allon is a lot more formidable than people believe. Sure, most of the captains would be able to defeat him, but I don't think it would be that easy for most of them; he only looked so bad because he was completely annhiliated by Yamamoto (a.k.a. the guy that not even Aizen wants to fight outright).

Now let's look at the other side.

To be honest, I fear Ishida will be almost dead-weight in this fight. His arrows will be completely useless against Nnoitra; I doubt even Seele Schneider will be able to pierce his hierro, even in his unreleased state. Licht Regen might do some damage, but given how Ulquiorra completely shrugged it off in his Segunda Etapa and his hierro, while tough, isn't even his real expertise, Nnoitra won't have any trouble with it at all. He faces the same problem with Allon; he may be more succesful in wounding him, but Allon is such a massive target, those arrows will hardly sting. Not to mention the way he easily regenerated from the hole Yamamoto poked in his body. He still has Sprenger, but even if he has the chance to set it up, if it wasn't capable of killing an unreleased Szayel, then it won't do jack shit to Nnoitra. Same problem with Allon and it would have to be a massive circle, too.

The deciding factor will be Mayuri. Again, his shikai will be useless against Nnoitra: if Kenpachi, one of the best sword-fighters in the Gotei 13 had trouble chopping through his hierro at first, then someone like Mayuri, not particularly suited for direct combat, won't be harming him with that thing at all. Ashisogi Jizou might work on Allon, but he'd have to get close; would Mayuri really risk that against an opponent of that size? If he gets back-slapped the way Komamura's Bankai did Tousen, Mayuri would be in trouble. In the end, it will all come down to Mayuri's Bankai and its poison. But however lethal it may be, it's not an instant-kill and with Nnoitra's power, I think he will be capable of handling the creature itself. And if he has Allon to back him up, he definitely will: while Allon is trying to stomp Konjiki Ashisogi Jizou, Nnoitra can finish off Mayuri himself.

I think this is how the fight would play out:

Mayuri, genius as he is, will determine that Nnoitra is the real threat and suggest to quickly deal with Allon while Ishida keeps Nnoitra pre-occupied; then they can gang up on him together. Given the strategic way Ishida fights, he won't have any problem with that. Nnoitra will probably play along: Ishida will be outmatched, even by an unreleased Nnoitra, but he's just skilled and fast enough to be a nuisance. Mayuri will quickly unleash his Bankai to kill Allon. But eventhough Allon will be poisoned, I do not think it will be capable of killing him fast enough. Ishida will keep Nnoitra busy, but not forever. Once Ishida is down, Nnoitra will have no problem joining the fight against Mayuri. Again, the poison will be dangerous, but once Nnoitra realises he's in trouble, he'll quickly release and try to kill Mayuri as fast as possible. Together with Allon, Nnoitra will be too much for Mayuri to handle. Mayuri will be dead before the poison kills them, I think.

Team Tough Berserker wins.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Toxic Arrow looks like a buddy cop movie waiting to happen! & as in all buddy cop movies, teamwork shes needed cos these cats are up against pure hack&slashers.

Ishida needs to restrain Nnoitra long enough for Mayuri to paralyze his joints & kill him, the 1000s of arrows could serve as distraction or the German weapons that bind people.

However, thats a slim chance & after resurrecion when Nnoitras tip top again i think T&A are outta moves. The oppositions got too much raw power thus Nnoitra will eat their children & feast on their fear. Im giving it to Nnoitra

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say that Ishida would be clearly a dead weight in this fight. He just lacks powerful enough attacks to even hurt Ayon or especially Noitora. Also Ayon has pretty good regen. So I can practically see the fight as Mayuri against Noitora and Ayon and I really doubt he can take them. He has a slight chance with preparations, but still I can't see how he can actually pierce Noitora with his Shikai and I really doubt that Nnoitora and Ayon actually will give him a chance to use Bankai.

I'd go with Team Berserker.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I'd say that Ishida would be clearly a dead weight in this fight. He just lacks powerful enough attacks to even hurt Ayon or especially Noitora. Also Ayon has pretty good regen. So I can practically see the fight as Mayuri against Noitora and Ayon and I really doubt he can take them. He has a slight chance with preparations, but still I can't see how he can actually pierce Noitora with his Shikai and I really doubt that Nnoitora and Ayon actually will give him a chance to use Bankai.

I'd go with Team Berserker.
    I wouldn't say Ishida's a deadweight. He's the fastest character in this battle. He could probably spam arrows and keep Ayon and Nnoitra busy long enough for Mayuri to go Bankai. A Seeleschneider should be able to pierce Nnoitra, but definitely not his regular arrows. People underestimate Ishida. Of course, I'm not really sure which side would win.....

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast