Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 69

28 37.84%
  • Team Chocolate Love

46 62.16%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Team 69 vs Team Chocolate Love

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team 69 vs Team Chocolate Love

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    Yes, but Rose is not allowed to participate here.

3 on 2 wouldn't be fair at all.
    LOL i mean love

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

zommari was matched against the worst opponent possible for him...... imagine if kenpachi saved rukia? oh christ... he would have ate himself...

on topic.... zommari is deadly with a partner. give him time to get a look at you and he can easily take control of hisagi to make this a 3 on 1. kensei hesitates to slash hisagi down and love then pummels them both with a fiery shot to the face. if kensei gets back up or even tries to dodge. then hes prey for zommari's ability. unless zommari can get speed blitz'd... which is hard against a guy as fast as him.... team chocolate love is dangerous. they win

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, have any of the arguments thus far taken into account Kensei's bankai, or is everyone just sticking to his shikai? I know some people feel Kensei's bankai is unfair to include, but it seems almost about as well-known an ability of his as his shikai.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I very well might be and I apologize in advance if so), but the few times that we have seen Kensei use his shikai I don't think he has ever offered any sort of exposition on the mechanics of it. Each time, he releases, we see the combat knife form it takes, and then he ends up creating some huge explosion with it in some manner. The actual mechanics of his shikai are just theoretical in nature based off of visual information, right?

Now compare that to his bankai. We have seen the form and name of it, both of which seem to give some clue to its function. On the following page, we see a massive explosion in the background that looks very similar to the depiction to the explosion cloud created when he used Tachikaze on the hollow back in TBTP. We know that Kensei was using his bankai to fight against Wonderweiss, and we see Wonderweiss later on, suggesting that even despite the bankai WW prevailed somehow.

Is this not enough information on which one can have meaningful discussion on Tekken Tachikaze? I have seen people speculate here about things with even less source information than this. Is it just that Kensei and his bankai are not interesting enough to inspire talk about how his bankai might work?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^My first problem was that I wasn't sure if Kensei was the one who produced that explosion. Now when I think about it, base WW never really displayed any explosive attacks, so I think it's safe to assume that Kensei's Bankai did generate that explosion. Though, it's still speculative on how powerful that explosion really is, so I guess we can only use our imaginations..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, sure you have to use your imaginations to some degree to speculate on the power of the explosion, but how is that different than speculation for other characters? How powerful is Rose's Izayoi Bara or that mass of fire that Love launched at those wolves?

There is some amount of speculation to all of these attacks, but you are able to still use them for effective discussion.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kensei's bankai or not, neither kensei nor hisagi has shown capabilities of using danku or the speed to counter zomarri.

Zomari can take full control of hisagi since his SP is higher than hisagi. And even though he can't do the same with kensei. If he control one of kensei's arms or leg, kensei would be handicapped... thus making his bankai quite moot... even though i like the guy... much more than love

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kensei's Bankai controls the wind, right? So what is Zommari going to do... control every air particle that comes his way? I think Kensei using wind attacks against Zommari would be game over for Zommari pretty quickly. With regard to speed, Zommari could blitz Hisagi, sure, but Kensei? He's a Captain level fighter who also gains a speed boost from his mask, I'm sure he's Zommari's equal in terms of speed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Kensei's Bankai controls the wind, right? So what is Zommari going to do... control every air particle that comes his way? I think Kensei using wind attacks against Zommari would be game over for Zommari pretty quickly. With regard to speed, Zommari could blitz Hisagi, sure, but Kensei? He's a Captain level fighter who also gains a speed boost from his mask, I'm sure he's Zommari's equal in terms of speed.
    He doesn't need to control the wind. If he takes control of the arms, kensei if screwed.

Kensei has not displayed any speed feats. Don't get into an argument that he is as fast as zomari unless u can show even a shred of kensei's speed

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

His wind attacks only damaged a fodder hollow for now.
    He hasn't shown any great speed so far.

Pure speculation on your part

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't take control of particles, otherwise everything in the air in between him and his enemy would get in the way, regardless of whether or not there's a breeze.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Chocolate Love wins! They shall advance into the next round. Discuss the result of this match and all others in the Tournament Discussion thread.

Stay tuned for more details!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3