Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoruichi

78 61.42%
  • Byakuya

49 38.58%
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    You proved my point for me. The fact that he was surprised so gravely was proof he had no idea he'd need to use Cicada on an opponent of Ichigo's level. He was niether a captain, nor did he have a bankai that resembled the kind he was used to. Thus, no need whatsoever to take the kiddie gloves off. And he paid for it. That won't happen against the person he's attempted to overcome since childhood.
    Or he can't use cicada that freely
    He didn't used it when Hichigo was beating the shit outta him, so he basically couldn't, or are you implying that he wasn't serious when Ichigo fought him?

Were it a game of simply outrunning him she wouldn't have needed to throw him off with a distraction. Every single time a substitution is used in this manga it's by someone that's not prepared for the level of speed their opponent displays, thus, they need time to gain breathing room. The exact same thing happened there. There was no way she could have defended Ichigo and fought Byakuya at the same time. Running was the only option. That means she was in deep shit, as you so eloquently put it.
    Not really, clones are good for creating openings, and that's why she was standing on top of Byakuya in the end.
    She stated that Byakuya couldn't catch her with "that level of shunpo", so she looks down on his speed.
    Byakuya also made a good excuse for not following her "I lost my interest", yeah really he got outrun by Yoruichi who was carrying someone.

Yet you ignore HOW he got behind Byakuya: by deflecting the blades that managed to catch up with him and using that opening to run behind him. Yoruichi has no believable way of performing such a feat outside of Shunko, which takes far more prep than simply swinging a damn sword.
    Shunko doesn't take any prep at all:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-52277-...apter-405.html

And she could also use cicada to avoid being trapped.

Shunko is niether instantaneous, nor omni-directional, so that blows that logic all to hell. And he only dodged them for a "long time", until he started using his hands, multiplying the blade's movement speed. After that it was a wrap.
    Are Ichigo's casual slashes omni-directional or instantaneous?
    Shunko will just blast Yoruichi out of SKY, that's all there is to it.

Except for you know. When he didn't. When Byakuya blocked a GT with his petals. Secondly, it doesn't matter how casual the slashes are when Yoruichi can't do anything of the sort. She's using her bare hands. BARE HANDS.
    Consider this:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-51581-...apter-403.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-51581-...apter-403.html
    Although some people just give all the credit to those freakin' gauntlets, Byakuya will get the exact same treatment if he gets hit, casual Yoruichi's punches brought down Yammy, who was more durable then Byakuya.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunko is a combination of Hakuda and Kidou. The punches are obviously gonna do far more damage than the actual blast. It's just like Ichigo using a GT connected to his sword to crack Ulqiorra's zanpakuto.

Quote Originally Posted by ki0
    I'm surprised you think that Soukatsui can block it . Yoruichi's punches even with the armor Urahara gave her punches did barely anything to Chrysalis Aizen. One Shunko punch sent Chrysalis Aizen flying and left a huge indent in his body.

Aizen was stopped by a Rikujyoukoro, and injured with a Byakurai. This was all while he was changing into a more powerful form. If a level 4 kidou can hurt him, there's no reason why Soukatsui wouldn't, as it's a mid-level kidou if I remember correctly.

Quote Quote:
    If shunko was on par with Soukatsui, Yoruichi wouldn't have called it dangerous.

Based on what? Infact, her claim of it being dangerous was a warning to Soi Fon about it's application and her inability to use it correctly yet. You're trying to make it sound like it's more powerful than it's actually shown to be.

Quote Quote:

It's a kidou, with no rank, that hasn't been shown to be lethal to anyone. No way in hell it's power compares to anything we've seen above 89. And since any kidou below 89, Byakuya states he can negate... there you go. Until someone convinces me that attack is more than a fancy Soukatsui, I've no reason to believe Byakuya can't negate it.

Quote Quote:
    - Byakuya's vision would be blocked by the blast, so he would lose sight of Yoruichi. How would he pursue her with his bankai, while blocking with Danku?

Byakuya's vision is impared by firing Soukatsui... but Yoruichi's isn't by firing Shunko? When they're practically the same damn technique? That's double standards.

Quote Quote:
    - The post of mine you replied to was to show Yoruichi was fast enough to speed blitz Byakuya just like Ichigo.

Except she isn't by way of not showing she was capable of doing so. You'd have to believe that her speed doubled from the feats she showed us while carrying Ichigo, and I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't believe that.

Quote Quote:
    - The first 3 clones of Zommari he dealt with one at a time until, the last 2 clones. That's completely different than dealing with 15 all at once.

I know it's different. What Byakuya did was leaps and bounds far more impressive. Do you think, even for a second, that any of those ninja were even half as fast as Zommari?

Quote Originally Posted by Kugo Ginjou
    Or he can't use cicada that freely
    He didn't used it when Hichigo was beating the shit outta him, so he basically couldn't, or are you implying that he wasn't serious when Ichigo fought him?

You know what, first, prove that Byakuya could even perform a Cicada back then, rather than learning before the Winter War. I don't know where you're getting this made up limitation on Cicada, but the fact that it's baseless is the reason it keeps being ignored.

Quote Quote:
    Are Ichigo's casual slashes omni-directional or instantaneous?
    Shunko will just blast Yoruichi out of SKY, that's all there is to it.

Yeah, because he was free to strike at every angle he saw a petal coming from, with his sword being big enough to cut a patch of petals out of the air with each swipe. Shunko shoots in one direction. One. Yet for some reason you're saying she's gonna shoot STRAIGHT FORWARD, and knock down every petal? The one's above her head? Behind her back? Underneath her feat? To her sides?

You really don't see the flaw here?
    Last edited by ninjabot; March 09, 2011 at 05:59 AM.

Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen was stopped by a Rikujyoukoro, and injured with a Byakurai. This was all while he was changing into a more powerful form. If a level 4 kidou can hurt him, there's no reason why Soukatsui wouldn't, as it's a mid-level kidou if I remember correctly.
    Aizen wasn't in his Condom form yet so he was weaker, unless you want to argue about that.
    And Urahara has shown to be one of the best kido-users, he is better then Byakuya at kido with feats and hype alone.

You know what, first, prove that Byakuya could even perform a Cicada back then, rather than learning before the Winter War. I don't know where you're getting this made up limitation on Cicada, but the fact that it's baseless is the reason it keeps being ignored.
    Basically this:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-753-17...apter-299.html

The only time when Yoruichi could've been Yoruichi's teacher was 100 years ago when she was still a captain.
    That was the only interaction that they had between eachother, they also played tag in the TBTP arc so it seems that Byakuya was learning shunpo from Yoruichi.

The next time they saw eachother was the SS arc but that was very short and after Ichigo defeated Byakuya they went back to the human world where she was staying practically the whole time, because we also saw her fighting Yammy.

When did we saw Yoruichi teaching Byakuya something after the SS arc?
    Well we didn't, try again

Yeah, because he was free to strike at every angle he saw a petal coming from, with his sword being big enough to cut a patch of petals out of the air with each swipe. Shunko shoots in one direction. One. Yet for some reason you're saying she's gonna shoot STRAIGHT FORWARD, and knock down every petal? The one's above her head? Behind her back? Underneath her feat? To her sides?

You really don't see the flaw here?
    The size of her Shunko blast was pretty big, so she could easily bust her way out of a SKY-sphere.

Nope, I don't see a flaw
    Last edited by Kugo Ginjo; March 09, 2011 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a kidou, with no rank, that hasn't been shown to be lethal to anyone. No way in hell it's power compares to anything we've seen above 89. And since any kidou below 89, Byakuya states he can negate... there you go. Until someone convinces me that attack is more than a fancy Soukatsui, I've no reason to believe Byakuya can't negate it.
    If a level 90 Kido can be tanked by Komamura (who is fairly durable I admit) without any lasting visible damage then we can safely assume that Shunko is stronger seeing as it took off a large chunk of transcendental Aizen's armor in his Chrysalis phase.
    I don't see even a fully powered and chanted Kurohitsugi being able to damage Aizen to that extent.
    You also have to remember that a level 96 sacrifical Kido barely had an effect on Aizen, and that was before he melded with the Hougyokyu.
    Last edited by Deepak5191; March 09, 2011 at 06:19 AM.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    If a level 90 Kido can be tanked by Komamura (who is fairly durable I admit) without any lasting visible damage then we can safely assume that Shunko is stronger seeing as it took off a large chunk of transcendental Aizen's armor in his Chrysalis phase.
    And Shunko is much easier to use in battle.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Shunko is a combination of Hakuda and Kidou. The punches are obviously gonna do far more damage than the actual blast. It's just like Ichigo using a GT connected to his sword to crack Ulqiorra's zanpakuto.
    IMO the fact that shunko increases her power so much, means that shunko is plently powerful by itself.

Quote Quote:
    Aizen said that spell was weak. It seems both Urahara and Aizen thought it wouldn't be enough to hold a Aizen at that point. How do we know Urahara used Byakurai? He used that technique from his sword, for all we know it's a zan technique. The anime even depicted it as a zan technique (it's not canon, but what else do we have to go on?)

A level 90 kido didn't even phase Aizen, at that time.

Quote Quote:
    Based on what? Infact, her claim of it being dangerous was a warning to Soi Fon about it's application and her inability to use it correctly yet. You're trying to make it sound like it's more powerful than it's actually shown to be.
    Yoruichi only said it was dangerous after, she fired a huge blast at Soi Fong. Nothing implies it dangerous if used improperly.

Quote Quote:
    Byakuya's vision is impared by firing Soukatsui... but Yoruichi's isn't by firing Shunko? When they're practically the same damn technique? That's double standards.
    Yoruichi vision would be impaired too, but it would stop Byakuya from being able to use continue attacking her with SKY.

Quote Quote:
    Except she isn't by way of not showing she was capable of doing so. You'd have to believe that her speed doubled from the feats she showed us while carrying Ichigo, and I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't believe that.
    Why would have to believe her speed doubled?

Quote Quote:
    I know it's different. What Byakuya did was leaps and bounds far more impressive. Do you think, even for a second, that any of those ninja were even half as fast as Zommari?
    IMO what Byakuya did wasn't impressive as you think. What Byakuya did was react to one clone, than next one after he beat the first one. It's the same as just reacting to Zommari using just sonido. The reason why it isn't impressive to me is because he didn't deal with the clones simultaneously. It's more like he dealt with Zommari sonido 3 different times than, when Zommari surprised him and used 2 simultaneously he had to use Cicada.

The fact that Yoruichi took out the guards in an instant, before Soi Fong could react, means she could be in 15 different places in an instant.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; March 09, 2011 at 06:30 AM.

11. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    IMO the fact that shunko increases her power so much, means that shunko is plently powerful by itself.
    Okay, doesn't change the fact that a blast will be much weaker than a punch, which is kind of the point here.

Quote Quote:
    Yoruichi only said it was dangerous after, she fired a huge blast at Soi Fong. Nothing implies it dangerous if used improperly.
    What does being "dangerous" have to do with anything? If used properly, a single sword strike can kill someone in one hit. Everything is dangerous if used properly. Byakuya KO'd Ichigo with a freaking level 4 Kido.

Quote Quote:
    Yoruichi vision would be impaired too, but it would stop Byakuya from being able to use continue attacking her with SKY.
    For a short time. Regardless, it doesn't give her much of an opening. If she's blocking her line of sight every time the petals go after her, that screws her up far more than Byakuya. You're also making it seem like Shunko is infinite. It's a Kido tech, so it's powered by Reiatsu, the more she uses it, the weaker she's gonna get.

Quote Quote:
    Why would have to believe her speed doubled?
    As far as I can tell, it was an exaggeration. What it comes down to is that you can always use the "Yoroichi was rusty" excuse to justify a speed increase. How much of a speed increase is purely speculative, and because of that, people can act like she'll be speeblitzing Byakuya (not necessarily you).

Quote Quote:
    IMO what Byakuya did wasn't impressive as you think. What Byakuya did was react to one clone, than next one after he beat the first one. It's the same as just reacting to Zommari using just sonido. The reason why it isn't impressive to me is because he didn't deal with the clones simultaneously. It's more like he dealt with Zommari sonido 3 different times than, when Zommari surprised him and used 2 simultaneously he had to use Cicada.

The fact that Yoruichi took out the guards in an instant, before Soi Fong could react, means she could be in 15 different places in an instant.
    Sigh*

Taking out fodder characters is a feat now? Also, what do you mean, before Soi Fon could react? She wasn't trying to react to anything, 10 seconds later we see that Soi Fon is actually faster than Yoroichi, she was caught off guard, that's all.

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kugo Ginjo View Post
    Aizen wasn't in his Condom form yet so he was weaker, unless you want to argue about that.
    And Urahara has shown to be one of the best kido-users, he is better then Byakuya at kido with feats and hype alone.

He was changing, already growing beyond his limits thanks to Isshin, and you've no proof that Urahara's basic kidou are any stronger than Byakuya's, unless his kidou stat in the databook is 100. Custom kidou? Sure, those are stronger. But basic? No reason to assume.

Quote Quote:
    Basically this:

The only time when Yoruichi could've been Yoruichi's teacher was 100 years ago when she was still a captain.
    That was the only interaction that they had between eachother, they also played tag in the TBTP arc so it seems that Byakuya was learning shunpo from Yoruichi.

The next time they saw eachother was the SS arc but that was very short and after Ichigo defeated Byakuya they went back to the human world where she was staying practically the whole time, because we also saw her fighting Yammy.

When did we saw Yoruichi teaching Byakuya something after the SS arc?
    Well we didn't, try again
    <hr noshade size="1">

Good point. So now all you have to do is prove that Byakuya was fighting Ichigo with the mindset to deceive and outrun rather than humilate and overpower him, and also prove that Ichigo wasn't shielded by plot. What is it you're arguing anyway? That Byakuya will just out of nowhere decide he's not gonna use the technique? When he's shown that he's not above using when it's actually necessary?

Quote Quote:
    The size of her Shunko blast was pretty big, so she could easily bust her way out of a SKY-sphere.

Nope, I don't see a flaw

...you can't possibly...

I'll simplify. If you can fire a blast that can cover your entire front... at an attack that's hitting you from above, behind, to the side, and beneath... how in the hell do you plan on blocking all the other attacks when you're blowing away the incoming ones? I never said Byakuya would wait for a complete Gokei mind you. All he has to do is do exactly what he did to Ichigo: close the blades in by guidig with his hands.

And for those of you thinking she's gonna run straight through the blades to hit him, remember that Byakuya, with his basic form of SKY, cut through the second strongest hierro in the series. Yoruichi hurt her hands on Yammi (unreleased Yammi at that!!) from striking him. The thought of her bum rushing through an ocean of razor blades is just dumb.
    Last edited by ninjabot; March 09, 2011 at 03:26 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some points:
    1. Youruichi has never been shown to turn her shuunko on and off and use it freely. The most we have seen her use it is once per battle.

2. Why exactly are we assuming that she is faster than bankai ichigo? Ichigo's bankai compresses his SP to boost his speed to abnormal levels. Youruichi's speed is only praised in terms of shuunpo.

3. Byakuya only underestimated ichigo because he was a human boy who gained powers due to rukia. Youruichi is the head of a noble clan and a captain. There is no way he would underestimate her

Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

He was changing, already growing beyond his limits thanks to Isshin, and you've no proof that Urahara's basic kidou are any stronger than Byakuya's, unless his kidou stat in the databook is 100. Custom kidou? Sure, those are stronger. But basic? No reason to assume.
    The fact that Urahara has shown better kido and combo's on top of that should be more then enough evidence, the fact that he can do Hado 91 whilst Byakuya's highest hado was like 33 says enough.

So the only person to learn a Shihouin technique from is Yoruichi? That means that everyone in the history of shinigami learned shunpo from her alone. And Byakuya doesn't state he learned the technique from her; just that he didn't want to use one of her techniques. Yoruichi didn't teach Soi Fon Shunko, and yet she knew it. Byakuya coud've learned Cicada from the exact place Soi Fon learned Shunko. Which, hilariously enough, wasn't Yoruichi.
    Sorry but no.
    He clearly stated "The techniques that Yoruichi taught me"
    Two different sites say the same:
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...9-page-19.html
    You are making no sense at all here, especially the bolded.
    I only said that it was heavily implied that Byakuya learned shunpo from Yoruichi and he also learned techniques from her, this doesn't necessarily mean that every shinigami had her as their shunpo-teacher, why the hell did you even bring that up?

Shunko =/= Cicada, it was also implied that the best Hakuda users could do it because of this:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-612-18...apter-158.html
    People like Soi Fon and Yoruichi (The best Hakuda masters and captains of the 2nd division) have the potential to learn Shunko, hence they have that special outfit.

You will probably deny it anyway though.

...you can't possibly...

I'll simplify. If you can fire a blast that can cover your entire front... at an attack that's hitting you from above, behind, to the side, and beneath... how in the hell do you plan on blocking all the other attacks when you're blowing away the incoming ones? I never said Byakuya would wait for a complete Gokei mind you. All he has to do is do exactly what he did to Ichigo: close the blades in by guidig with his hands.

And for those of you thinking she's gonna run straight through the blades to hit him, remember that Byakuya, with his basic form of SKY, cut through the second strongest hierro in the series. Yoruichi hurt her hands on Yammi (unreleased Yammi at that!!) from striking him. The thought of her bum rushing through an ocean of razor blades is just dumb.
    You are totally missing the point here.

She doesn't need to replicate Ichigo's feat against SKY.

Byakuya caught Ichigo with a sphere, blasting your way out if it creates a hole in it, and a fairly big one if you look at Yoruichi's shunko, so she can escape through that hole and shunpo behind Byakuya to attack him.

Ichigo did it, I see no reason why The Goddess of Flash and a very experienced person on top of that, couldn't.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm...no. Urahara has not shown better feats. How exactly has urahara done better? By using a level 90 spell with incantation? Byakuya has used high level kido without an incantation. So u can't say that urahara is better

Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Some points:
    1. Youruichi has never been shown to turn her shuunko on and off and use it freely. The most we have seen her use it is once per battle.

2. Why exactly are we assuming that she is faster than bankai ichigo? Ichigo's bankai compresses his SP to boost his speed to abnormal levels. Youruichi's speed is only praised in terms of shuunpo.

3. Byakuya only underestimated ichigo because he was a human boy who gained powers due to rukia. Youruichi is the head of a noble clan and a captain. There is no way he would underestimate her
    1. Shunko isn't just an attack, it's something what we would call a simple powerup:
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...8-page-19.html
    She doesn't need to turn it on and off, and it was never implied nor said that she couldn't use it more then once per battle.

2 So Ichigo's bankai gives him godlike speed that is above Shunpo?
    Prove that Ichigo wasn't using Shunpo anyway.

3. In this tournament, the participants don't know eachother, so basically Byakuya is gonna act arrogant like he always does and thus he will underestimate Yoruichi as much as he underestimated Ichigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Umm...no. Urahara has not shown better feats. How exactly has urahara done better? By using a level 90 spell with incantation? Byakuya has used high level kido without an incantation. So u can't say that urahara is better
    Bullshit.

When did Byakuya show good hado?

It was implied that hado is harder then Bakudo and I will give you some examples for that:
    Byakuya using Danku a #81 Bakudo but his best hado so far was hado #33.
    Tessai using Bakudo#99, highest hado was hado #89
    Kira using Bakudo #73, highest hado was hado #58

And anyway Urahara's kido was 10 levels above that of Byakuya's, it's painfully obvious that he is better at kido.
    on top of that, Urahara is one of the only persons that used kido combo's, when exactly did Byakuya do that?
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-51305-...apter-402.html

Face it, Urahara is much better at kido.
    Last edited by Kugo Ginjo; March 09, 2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The basic fact is that we have an unarmed person going up against a Bankai. Yoruichi is probably the best CQC fighter with the exception of Yamamoto, but she can't handle Byakuya with her fists - their speed difference simply isn't great enough. Shunko could perhaps keep his Bankai at bay for a while, but conversely SKY would serve as a defense against Shunko. And as someone mentioned earlier, it's related to Kido so it's not like she can keep using it ad infinitum.

If it was Yoruichi vs say... Komamura's Bankai I'd say she might have a shot, but pretty much any other Captain... unlikely. Especially one like Byakuya's which can come at you from multiple directions. I can't see Yoruichi pulling off this one, but it seems as though she has enough supporters to go through anyway

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Urahara is a superior Kido user to Byakuya, Byakuya hasn't used Hado above 73, whereas Urahara has used 90's level. However Byakuya's Kido skills are still enough to lend him an additional advantage in this fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

2 So Ichigo's bankai gives him godlike speed that is above Shunpo?
    Prove that Ichigo wasn't using Shunpo anyway.
    His point was that Ichigo's ABILITY is compression for increased speed, couple that in with mastery of Shunpo, and you've got a fast as hell main character.

Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    His point was that Ichigo's ABILITY is compression for increased speed, couple that in with mastery of Shunpo, and you've got a fast as hell main character.
    So it enhances Shunpo, not giving him an entirely new technique.
    I wasn't denying that Ichigo was fast, I was doubting the fact that it wasn't shunpo, which in my eyes was completely ridiculous.

Thread Closed
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast