Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoruichi

78 61.42%
  • Byakuya

49 38.58%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

Yoruichi vs. Byakuya

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Yoruichi

Shihōin Yoruichi, former captain of the 2nd Division and former head of Omnitsukidō (Covert Ops), is intelligent, witty, and often playful. Because of her former high-ranking positions as well as being part of the noble Shihōin clan, she holds an intimate knowledge of Soul Society and its workings. Not much is known about her zanpakutō or its abilities as she is rarely even seen with it, although it is known that she has achieved bankai. Yoruichi, who holds the title of "Goddess of Flash", possesses incredible speed and is considered to be the most proficient Shunpo master in all of Soul Society. She has also mastered the advanced technique Shunkō, which combines hand-to-hand combat with kidō.
    Byakuya

Kuchiki Byakuya, the captain of the 6th Division, is the 28th head of the Kuchiki clan, one of the four great noble families in Soul Society. As such, Byakuya acts in an aristocratic manner. He seems always serene and apathetic towards other people, even when he is actually deeply conflicted. He strongly believes in law and order and despite his icy demeanor, he cares deeply for and protects those important to him. Excelling in all areas of shinigami combat, Byakuya seems to perform each attack almost effortlessly, yet with great speed and precision. When his zanpakutō, Senbonzakura, is realeased in shikai it separates into a thousand slender, tiny blade fragments that resemble cherry blossom petals, which then fly away from the hilt. He is able to control these at will, shredding everything in their path. His bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, is essentially a much larger version of his shikai, with even more deadly blade fragments that can be controlled. He is also able to use the special bankai abilities Senkei, Gōkei, and Shūkei: Hakuteiken.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 03, 2011 at 12:36 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

Gotta go with Byakuya.

He's already shown that he has the speed to keep up with her. He's not as fast, but still enough so that there won't be any speedblizes in her favor. She can't use the Hierro gloves, so her performance against Aizen should be taken with a grain of salt. She can however use Shunko, which is her main advantage here.

Byakuya's Shikai would get ripped into pieces by Shunko, and his standard Bankai probably wouldn't fair a whole lot better. It may overwhelm her a bit, but she should be safe for the most part. Senkei however is a game changer, even assuming he only uses the occasional sword, it's still very dangerous. Coupled in with the fact that he's the most proficient Kido using captain we've seen, and I think he can take the majority.

It's unfortunate for Yoroichi that she's unarmed and hasn't shown a whole lot that isn't simply speed. She doesn't really have enough feats to give her a win against someone she fled from in their only potential fight.
    Last edited by Takahashi; March 08, 2011 at 12:06 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont know who to choose ... poor yoruichi is fighing even unarmed ( most underpowered fighter due to tournament rules) , if she had the boots urahara crafted for her then i would say she can one shot byakuya

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Coupled in with the fact that he's the most proficient Kido using captain we've seen
    you mean after yama and aizen , right?
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tousendrinksbleach View Post
    you mean after yama and aizen , right?
    Power? Yeah, feat wise, not at all. Byakuya has definitely shown us not only more, but better use of it.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Feat wise, not at all. Byakuya has definitely shown us not only more, but better use of it.
    how can anything he has shown be better than a hado 95 ? it's clear that the dificulty raises exponentially .... better use? i w'd say no , because anyone who can use a hado 90+ without incantation should be able to use a 99 binding spell
    + i think urahara is the one who has shown the best use of kido following your reasonning
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i think yoro takes it
    she has some sort a fighting method i remember, which she was fighting soi fong she could negate her (fongs) attack by applying reverse what ever
    plus she just became human after a looong time so she siad that she wanst at her 100 percent and she was carrying ichigo
    while the flower guy had time to sharpen his shuko and if you are taking yoro without all those handicap she can out run byakuya
    she is some on who gives the feeling that urahara is on the same level as her
    adn the only fellas that can actually defeat urahara is shinji kyoraku ukitake isshin (well i consider them at the same level)
    and for surely aizen and yama
    so byakuya dun get my vote

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

how can anything he has shown be better than a hado 95 ? it's clear that the dificulty raises exponentially .... better use? i w'd say no , because anyone who can use a hado 90+ without incantation should be able to use a 99 binding spell
    + i think urahara is the one who has shown the best use of kido following your reasonning
    Better use in battle situations. Using a high level Hadou is nice, but Byakuya has shown many different kinds of Kido, and he uses them in very effective ways. Firing Byakurai through his coat, Rikujokoro to save Rukia, Sokatsui to disrupt Renji's Bankai and find an opening. Who else has shown stuff like that?

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoruichi wins. She was able to outpace Byakuya with Ichigo on her back and while out of shape. Also if Ichigo could speed blitz Byakuya easily, I see no reason why Yoruichi couldn't.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'd say Urahara Kisuke has shown the best use of kidou. He basically pulled a chainspell (Jackk knows what I'm talking about) on Aizen, along with hiding spells within spells.

In any case, none of Byakuya's bankai forms are touching her. Senkei might be a threat but Byakuya never uses it to its full extent, so honestly if he tries to fight her with one or two swords he's going to get punched in the face with Shunko. I'm going to go with Yoruichi here.

I know my interpretations of bleach tend to differ with the majority here, but I think the manga has hyped up the exiled captains as more powerful than the current gotei 13 captains (with the possible exception of those still hiding their bankai). Not saying that that is the reason why I'm going with Yoruichi here, but it's an inference I've made.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Better use in battle situations. Using a high level Hadou is nice, but Byakuya has shown many different kinds of Kido, and he uses them in very effective ways. Firing Byakurai through his coat, Rikujokoro to save Rukia, Sokatsui to disrupt Renji's Bankai and find an opening. Who else has shown stuff like that?
    urahara ... but srsly he has used kido that anyone can (probably even koma)
    he might have "style" in using kido , but againt someone above average captain it willbe of no use (exept the hado barrier , but he isnt fighting a kido user here ) . as for hado , he will need incantations to do serious damage and that cant work in this fight.
    dont forget that the whole bining spells story is a joke, kubo limits himself with his own statements ... he made hacchi say that no captain level should be able to break free of a 60+ binding spell but not a single captain used a binding spell agaisnt a strong oponent (exept urahara and it worked...)

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    (with the possible exception of those still hiding their bankai).
    thats actually the rule IMO (doenst apply for ichigo because of instability )
    i think the last ones to show their bankais are the strongest (obviously for plot reasons...)
    Last edited by tousendrinksbleach; March 08, 2011 at 12:32 AM.
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus, no Byakuya support at all....

People can't accept the idea of Soi Fon killing people with her hax Shikai, and Yoroichi is just gonna use Shunko and crush another very fast captain apparently...

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

dont think any of the young captains cant beat yoro ukrahara shinji kyoraku ukitake isshin yet

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus, no Byakuya support at all....

People can't accept the idea of Soi Fon killing people with her hax Shikai, and Yoroichi is just gonna use Shunko and crush another very fast captain apparently...
    no one saying so ... i think you forgot that if you want to win you have to hit , and people are saying tha it's a hard task to hit yoruichi (even for byakuya)

anyway, you are supporting a lost cause, remember lisa? the only one who got 0 votes ? yoruichi wins because of sexiness
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

no one saying so ... i think you forgot that if you want to win you have to hit , and people are saying tha it's a hard task to hit yoruichi (even for byakuya)
    Byakuya forced her to use Cicada, her not having a Zan is a huge disadvantage.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i do admit byakuya is my least fav captain in 13, for a guy who has that kind of a haircut and spreads flower petals everywhere i have hard time chewing that kubo knows what to give to which gender

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast