Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoruichi

    78 61.42%
  • Byakuya

    49 38.58%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 405

Thread: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

  1. #31
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    My vote would have to go with Yoruichi. Byakuya's first form Bankai seems pretty useless here in my opinion since I can see Yoruichi out run it or blow away all those petals with Shunko like how Ichigo did so. So Shukei Hakuteiken is probably the best option, but an IC Byakuya probably won't use it right off the bat, which means that I can see Yoruichi taking out Byakuya before he uses that stage. Anyways, if Byakuya does use Shukei Hakuteiken, then I'm not sure who would win since Yoruichi's Shunko has been portrayed pretty powerful too. Byakuya also has the Kidou option, but Yoruichi uses an ability called Hanki, which basically cancels out most Kidou abilities here. So with these reasons, I think the odds are against Byakuya here.
    Last edited by Omiem; March 08, 2011 at 04:57 AM.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #32
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Omiem View Post
    Byakuya also has the Kidou option, but Yoruichi uses an ability called Hanki, which basically cancels out most Kidou abilities here. So with these reasons, I think the odds are against Byakuya here.
    From what I read Hanki isnt a single technique but a term used when one cancels out an attack by hitting it with exactly the same power and speed.

    Its pretty much what Uruhara does iwth attacks like bala, but Im not sure if even he can cancel out Byakuyas kido right off the bat, not to mention I think hes more skilled in that than Yoruichi...

  4. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    What's with you people? This chick hasn't even shown any type of feats except for subduing her student Soi-Fon! Byakuya has 3 forms to his Bankai. Senkei is over for Yoruichi, I don't care how fast she is. He's just as fast when he uses her moves. The reason he DOESN'T is because SHE uses them. Dude made Zommari look like a snail. He didn't want to use her technique because of her arrogance. Byakuya is a prideful individual. He's not stuck up like some here think. If you really believe that Yoruichi will be able to beat him, you need to go back to when she was in SS and said NO ONE on the bridge could beat him.

    Lets get onto the Ichigo fight. You really think he was at his full? He was fighting the guy protecting the 'pride' he wanted to protect. He even said this. There's nothing in my mind that Yoruichi would do that would be able to severly hurt Byakuya. He's much better than the last time she fought or sparred with him. He not only beat Zommari, but beat him with one foot and one arm. I guess to you guys, he's 'weak' and Yoruichi is so strong because she uses Hakuda. Byakuya is fluent in hand to hand combat as well. Obviously he would be training with her. If she really tries to fight Byakuya with her Shunko, she'll have to have it perfected. Has anyone even seen what it does? Has it ever been used to succession? I don't think so. Now look at Byakuya. Gokei will trap her and slice her to bits. If she uses Shunko, he can always use Senkei and surround here with multiple blades. What is she going to do then? If she somehow survives that or nullifies it, he still has Hakuteiken. It's over there. This isn't Ichigo who HAS TO survive in order for the story to progress. No 'will' is going to break his blade this time. There is no Rukia on his mind to confuse his allegiance. Byakuya takes this one. I've been waiting for this fight as well as the Shunsui/Gin battle.

  5. #34
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Yoruichi takes this fight

    Byakuya only kept up with a Rusty Yoruichi who'd also had to carry Ichigo on her shoulder, and once she used Utsusemi she apparently made him realize giving chase was futile, even though he himself had such a technique.

    She becomes faster later in the manga, unless you'd want to believe that Hogyoku Aizen was only going about Byakuya speed with his attacks toward her, which she could dodge. So I think it's pretty clear she has the speed advantage

    Shunko is going to really disrupt SBK, and she can move fast enough to outrun or attack fast enough to disperse it. She can also counter/negate Byakuya's own Kido using Hanki.

    It'll come down to Byakuya realizing it's useless trying to chase her with petals and going Senkei (Assuming he's still alive at this point), which being as it is now a CQC fight, Yoruichi would come out on top as she's shown to be a superior close quarters combatant.

  6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #35
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Jesus, no Byakuya support at all....

    People can't accept the idea of Soi Fon killing people with her hax Shikai, and Yoroichi is just gonna use Shunko and crush another very fast captain apparently...
    Shunko is fricking dangerous though..it cracked Aizens coccon form on a captain that has no armour or heirro that would is going to hurt.

    speed i still think yoruichi is fastest in Bleach so far kubo always tends to spend effort with her movement and her training byakuya when kid means she knows all his tricks and how to irritate him e.g in SS she mocked him he got annoyed.

    power- she threw yammi with ONE hand again the fight she had with Aizen she not be ignored the damage he shell was taking stresses how dangerous her attacks are.

    even then byakuya has the whole zan,kido, bankai to back him up....no clue on this one


    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    What's with you people? This chick hasn't even shown any type of feats except for subduing her student Soi-Fon! Byakuya has 3 forms to his Bankai. Senkei is over for Yoruichi, I don't care how fast she is. He's just as fast when he uses her moves. The reason he DOESN'T is because SHE uses them. Dude made Zommari look like a snail. He didn't want to use her technique because of her arrogance. Byakuya is a prideful individual. He's not stuck up like some here think. If you really believe that Yoruichi will be able to beat him, you need to go back to when she was in SS and said NO ONE on the bridge could beat him.

    Lets get onto the Ichigo fight. You really think he was at his full? He was fighting the guy protecting the 'pride' he wanted to protect. He even said this. There's nothing in my mind that Yoruichi would do that would be able to severly hurt Byakuya. He's much better than the last time she fought or sparred with him. He not only beat Zommari, but beat him with one foot and one arm. I guess to you guys, he's 'weak' and Yoruichi is so strong because she uses Hakuda. Byakuya is fluent in hand to hand combat as well. Obviously he would be training with her. If she really tries to fight Byakuya with her Shunko, she'll have to have it perfected. Has anyone even seen what it does? Has it ever been used to succession? I don't think so. Now look at Byakuya. Gokei will trap her and slice her to bits. If she uses Shunko, he can always use Senkei and surround here with multiple blades. What is she going to do then? If she somehow survives that or nullifies it, he still has Hakuteiken. It's over there. This isn't Ichigo who HAS TO survive in order for the story to progress. No 'will' is going to break his blade this time. There is no Rukia on his mind to confuse his allegiance. Byakuya takes this one. I've been waiting for this fight as well as the Shunsui/Gin battle.
    why you getting annoyed over peoples opinions , people can vote for who they want and who THEY would think win. the whole tournament is based on peoples own views so chill out a bit i mean you should have expected alot of people to vote yoruichi no need get annyoed over it.

    also when did byakuya show that as you said Byakuya is fluent in hand to hand combat as well i don't remember seeing any pages where he used his hands
    Last edited by Hystzen; March 08, 2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #36
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    Its pretty much what Uruhara does iwth attacks like bala, but Im not sure if even he can cancel out Byakuyas kido right off the bat, not to mention I think hes more skilled in that than Yoruichi...
    Yoruichi cancelled out Soifon's Shunko effortlessly, so it's really not hard to believe that she can do so with Byakuya's Kidou as well. Though, Soifon's Shunko was in mature compared to Yoruichi's, but it should still at least be on the level of a captain in general.
    Last edited by Omiem; March 08, 2011 at 06:32 AM.

  10. #37
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Welcome to our Xcution
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    I'd say that Yoruichi wins this.

    Her speed and hakuda should be enough to take down Byakuya, especially if she gets those gauntlets.

    And outside of that she has still Shunko.

  11. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    If you really believe that Yoruichi will be able to beat him, you need to go back to when she was in SS and said NO ONE on the bridge could beat him.
    Actually, I don't think Yoruichi meant that literally(especially since Ukitake was there too). I mean, how would she know if Byakuya was stronger than her if she hasn't seen him or his abilities during her exile? Anyways, actions speak louder than words, and in my opinion, Byakuya hasn't provided the feats to defeat even rusty Yoruichi. Though, he could do some serious damage with Shukei Hakuteiken, but that's about it.

    EDIT: Also, another reason why it doesn't make sense if she was referring to herself is this. If Yoruichi wasn't in escape mode, then she most likely would've been able to kick Byakuya straight in the face or something since he kinda got blitzed. Yet, Yoruichi then goes on to say that she couldn't defeat Byakuya at that time. Yeah, I'm not buying it..
    Last edited by Omiem; March 08, 2011 at 07:22 AM.

  12. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Tibet
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    IMO it makes no sense that Yoruichi can defeat Byakuya's bankai with her bare hands, just relying on her shunkō. And it's kinda weird that the same people who argue that a captain's shikai (which defeated primera espada) can't defeat another captain's bankai, have no problem with arguing that a captain's bare hands (which has no feats other than defeating her old apprentice's shikai) can defeat another captain's bankai.

    Byakuya is the strongest ever shinigami of the leading noble house. Even Yoruichi herself admitted in SS arc that she couldn't defeat Byakuya. I don't see Yoruichi dodging Byakuya's bankai petals forever (not to mention Senkei) and unfortunately it's very hard for her to hurt Byakuya (who is also a fast captain) with the techniques at her disposal (i.e. shunkō) while trying to avoid and bypass Byakuya's bankai.

    Byakuya wins.

  13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #40
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Welcome to our Xcution
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    IMO it makes no sense that Yoruichi can defeat Byakuya's bankai with her bare hands, just relying on her shunkō. And it's kinda weird that the same people who argue that a captain's shikai (which defeated primera espada) can't defeat another captain's bankai, have no problem with arguing that a captain's bare hands (which has no feats other than defeating her old apprentice's shikai) can defeat another captain's bankai.
    Look the fight between Ichigo and Byakuya, the latter's bankai was useless against a faster opponent, Byakuya only won because Ichigo's control over his bankai was poor.
    Yoruichi is faster then Ichigo, she will beat the shit out of Byakuya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    Byakuya is the strongest ever shinigami of the leading noble house. Even Yoruichi herself admitted in SS arc that she couldn't defeat Byakuya. I don't see Yoruichi dodging Byakuya's bankai petals forever (not to mention Senkei) and unfortunately it's very hard for her to hurt Byakuya (who is also a fast captain) with the techniques at her disposal (i.e. shunkō) while trying to avoid and bypass Byakuya's bankai.

    Byakuya wins.
    She couldn't win against Byakuya because she was rusty.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-573-20...apter-119.html

    Do you think that Byakuya with bankai would do the same damage, or even keep up with Condom Aizen?

  15. #41
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Omiem View Post
    Yoruichi cancelled out Soifon's Shunko effortlessly, so it's really not hard to believe that she can do so with Byakuya's Kidou as well. Though, Soifon's Shunko was in mature compared to Yoruichi's, but it should still at least be on the level of a captain in general.
    Shunko is Yoruichis original technique who knows what composition of rieatsu it requires to be activated, she also happened to be in shunko at the same time.

    It wont be the same with Byakuyas offensive kido where he may or may not throw at her at any time.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

  16. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Tibet
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Kugo Ginjo View Post
    Look the fight between Ichigo and Byakuya, the latter's bankai was useless against a faster opponent, Byakuya only won because Ichigo's control over his bankai was poor.
    Yoruichi is faster then Ichigo, she will beat the shit out of Byakuya.
    Byakuya underestimated Ichigo though. He successfully handled Ichigo later on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kugo Ginjo View Post
    She couldn't win against Byakuya because she was rusty.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-573-20...apter-119.html

    Do you think that Byakuya with bankai would do the same damage, or even keep up with Condom Aizen?
    Yoruichi doesn't have any equipment in this fight and she won't have Isshin and Urahara by her side to hold down Byakuya. And yes, IMO Byakuya could do similar damage to Aizen using his bankai (probably even more) and keep up with him, especially if he had two strong shinigami by his side.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #43
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Welcome to our Xcution
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    Byakuya underestimated Ichigo though. He successfully handled Ichigo later on.
    Yeah because Ichigo's bankai was crushing Ichigo himself.
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...66-page-5.html

    He was dominating Byakuya until that happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    Yoruichi doesn't have any equipment in this fight and she won't have Isshin and Urahara by her side to hold down Byakuya. And yes, IMO Byakuya could do similar damage to Aizen using his bankai (probably even more) and keep up with him, especially if he had two strong shinigami by his side.
    I get tired of people who say that gauntlets did all the work here, they are just metal without sufficient strength to back them up, which Yoruichi definitely has.
    Byakuya's bankai is too slow to hit Aizen and it didn't even kill Renji, unless you want to imply that Renji > Aizen.
    Byakuya wont do shit to Aizen.

  19. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Tibet
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Kugo Ginjo View Post
    Yeah because Ichigo's bankai was crushing Ichigo himself.
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...66-page-5.html

    He was dominating Byakuya until that happened.
    It was senkei which made Ichigo overexert himself:

    http://mangable.com/bleach/chapter-165/07/

    I don't think Yoruichi can escape Byakuya's bankai petals when he controls it using his hand:

    http://mangable.com/bleach/chapter-163/14/

    And I don't think Yoruichi can do that without a sword:

    http://mangable.com/bleach/chapter-163/15/

    IMO Yoruichi has no defense against Senkei or Gōkei at all:

    http://mangable.com/bleach/chapter-302/

    Yoruichi will not be dodging Byakuya's bankai forever and when she eventually gets tired, she loses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kugo Ginjo View Post
    I get tired of people who say that gauntlets did all the work here, they are just metal without sufficient strength to back them up, which Yoruichi definitely has.
    Byakuya's bankai is too slow to hit Aizen and it didn't even kill Renji, unless you want to imply that Renji > Aizen.
    Byakuya wont do shit to Aizen.
    Too slow to hit an Aizen who was restrained by Isshin and Urahara? Or too slow to hit an Aizen who stops being cautious and who doesn't bother to dodge attacks?

    How do you know Byakuya tried to kill Renji? Byakuya's bankai made short work of defensive form of espada #7 who had hierro (and was much tougher than Renji).

  20. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  21. #45
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Welcome to our Xcution
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shihōin Yoruichi vs Kuchiki Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    It was senkei which made Ichigo overexert himself:
    *snip*
    Yoruichi will not be dodging Byakuya's bankai forever and when she eventually gets tired, she loses.
    Byakuya couldn't react to Ichigo, twice, he was clearly outmatched here, the only reason why he got back in the fight was because Ichigo's own powers were crushing him.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-617-2/...apter-163.html
    A Yoruich with an intent to kill would've give Byakuya some punches to the face, the same punches that brought down an espada known for having the 2nd best hierro and great endurance.
    And that Yoruichi was hardly trying, if you look back to the fight between Isshin, Yoruich and Urahara vs Aizen, then you see that Yoruichi is capable of doing more then what she did against Yammy, and don't tell me that it is all because those gauntlets, which is totally untrue.




    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    Too slow to hit an Aizen who was restrained by Isshin and Urahara? Or too slow to hit an Aizen who stops being cautious and who doesn't bother to dodge attacks?

    How do you know Byakuya tried to kill Renji? Byakuya's bankai made short work of defensive form of espada #7 who had hierro (and was much tougher than Renji).
    If Aizen tried, then Byakuya will never never never hit Aizen with his bankai, and even then Byakuya's bankai doesn't do that much damage anyway, it always failed to kill someone.

    How do I know?
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-597-5/...apter-143.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-597-6/...apter-143.html
    ...oh? You are still alive?
    That alone should give it away.


    Yeah and that same espada doesn't have any durability feats outside of that, Kenpachi was easily cutting Nnoitra who had the strongest hierro, so Byakuya's bankai is already inferior to Kenpachi's casual slashes.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts