Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Strays: How We Learned To Stop Whining And Do Scanlations By Ourselves

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strays: How We Learned To Stop Whining And Do Scanlations By Ourselves

Hey uh, I'm willing to learn if anyone is willing to teach. I've got some free time on my hands now, so yeah..I've been lurking a bit too long now n_n" I have very minimal knowledge for both Photoshop and Japanese, but if anyone can help me improve..hell, why not? XD Just PM me..if you guys still need people.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member yeste's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys certainly are getting a lot of action in here That’s great!!! It’s nice to know that someone is taking care of seinen releases! Hope you guys get some help real soon!!!

Quote Quote:
    Quote Quote:
    if not the only, group that was created here (and actually put out more than one chapter or two, that is). Isn't this what the purpose of this website is after all?
    ... Minna kinda started here...
    The group I’m in too! Well I guess MH is responsible for more than a few groups, eh!?!!

Quote Quote:
    I'm glad you are enjoying My Balls. Cleaning them is a real bitch though. (sorry, couldn't resist )
    Heh… xD

Sorry to say that this is probably the only one of your releases that I have checked out so far… Still don’t know what to think about it though…

But I’ll be checking out the rest of the stuff too!!! Just keep ‘em coming!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siedhr's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devin Lane
    See, Siedhr is quite humble, which is why she neglects to mention all the stuff SHE did for Strays.
    It would have sounded bad if I sang my own praises. Might as well let others do it.

ibra 87, I hope you enjoy what you read. That's our purpose and it would make us very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by manu
    ... Minna kinda started here...
    I didn't say we were the only ones, but it could have been misunderstood, so I'll edit my original post. And good for them.

Quote Quote:
    And yeah I agree since zindyr is the translator of Blue Dragon and he is from Strays that gives you guys just as much as a right to do it if not more then everyone else.
    Zindryr is from Bakafish. I wish he was in our group, though. I'm not complaining, we've got a good thing going on. He translates, we scanlate.

Quote Quote:
    Yes we definately could use more senien besides Gantz every so often. I'm sure you guys have fantastic taste so i'm dling all your other projects now. *ish a fan of My Balls*
    Thank you. We try to only work on manga we love.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiNocturne
    Hey uh, I'm willing to learn if anyone is willing to teach. I've got some free time on my hands now, so yeah..I've been lurking a bit too long now n_n" I have very minimal knowledge for both Photoshop and Japanese, but if anyone can help me improve..hell, why not? XD Just PM me..if you guys still need people.
    Thanks for offering and check your PMs.

Chevaliar was a very wild ride, that manga had a bigger twist in its first chapter then all of Naruto part 2 combined. Can't say I stomached it to well but if this is what the first chapter had in stock I can't wait for more.
    I'm glad you liked Chevalier. It's one of my favorites as well. I'm a sucker for the stories of the period. Second chapter should be released soon after the holidays, depending on when the translation will be done.

Yeste, we seem to be getting a lot of people willing to help which is great. Good luck to your group as well. I'm a big FMA fan.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to learn all that is to learn about giving translated manga to the ppl that dont have it :P
    Boooored as hell, i cant even rember when it started

Post Thanks / Like

Hie...

i am interested in helping out as well. But i have minimal experience in these stuffs. Hope to learn from you guys and then help u guys. Summer break is just too long and i belive i will have alot more time to do this.

Thanks

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Gunajoot and ArgoW, that's great to hear. This forum has a great tutorial section where you can learn all there is to learn about scanlating. Start with this tutorial:

http://www.unblessed.net/guide/main.html

Right now we have all the typesetters we need, but we're still short on cleaners, so if you guys could learn how to clean that would be great.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i have much experience but i'm willing to learn and help if i can

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Once i learn how to clean better i'll be up for it. All i can do is level for right now. :/

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Siedhr or Devin will get back to you guys (if they haven't already).

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now we have all the people that don't know much but want to learn that we can handle. For now, at least. Once we train the ones we have, we'll probably consider taking on more. I wish we could take on everyone that has offered, but we simply do not have the time to both teach you and work on releases.

However, we'll try to help you as much as we can with links to tutorials, advice and other resources. For example, for people who want to learn how to typeset, I can give links to some tutorials, you can practice on your own, then send me the pages you've typeset and I can tell you what I think of them.

Mangahelpers has a very good section for teaching newbies here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=151.0. There are tutorials here, and also there are many people willing to look over your work and tell you how to improve. You can always PM us with links to your work.

Once you've learned some more on your own, come join us. We have plenty of projects that need people.

Quote Originally Posted by ryukage
    Once i learn how to clean better i'll be up for it. All i can do is level for right now. :/
    We'll be waiting. We're in desperate need of some cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by leingood
    i have much experience but i'm willing to learn and help if i can
    See my previous answer at the beginning of this post. We would love to have you aboard, but we simply don't have the resources to help you all at the moment. But do keep in touch with us (shows commitment ), and we'll also do our best to keep in touch with you.

Thank you all for offering. That's the spirit.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

... I'm not apart of stray's at all but if I were you i'd edit that post right away and make understandable.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singaporeunknown
    i oso hav little experience on cleanin,n ya its oni playin w levels n hue/saturation.i wanna help tooXD.
    Well, if you're interested, I can send you some tutorials. You will need to learn a bit on your own. We don't have the ability to take cleaners in training at the moment. We will be available however for advice, should you need it.

... I'm not apart of stray's at all but if I were you i'd edit that post right away and make understandable.
    Was that to singaporeunknown? If so, manu does have a point, singapore, you're rather hard to understand.

But anyhow, I wanted to let everyone know we've started work on Chunchu, by the same artist as Jackals. It's an awesome manwha with a brooding, damned character with a big sword and chiseled pecs "cough". This one is a fantasy story however. Also, we're doing Slam Dunk- 10 Days After, a oneshot by Takehiko Inoue that deals with the basketball gang in Slam Dunk, 10 days after Shohoku's final match in the National Championship.

Jackals chapter 2 should be out next week, so look forward to that. ^____^

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

are you guys sure it is by inoue?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    are you guys sure it is by inoue?
    Yes, we're sure. Check out the raws, there are actually some photos of him drawing the stuff. Plus, the art is definitely his.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, there are photos of him drawing it. I didnt know that part.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast