Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Which group is the strongest?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marines

    39 21.79%
  • Shichibukai

    1 0.56%
  • Yonkou

    102 56.98%
  • Revolutionary Army

    37 20.67%
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 133

Thread: Which group is the strongest?

  1. #31
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    In what I said is that the superiority of World Government is due their time as rulers, considering that RA is quite young as an institution. And being young and already be a challenge makes me believe they're stronger...At least potentially.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Some people dont get it.

    Everybody argues that if the RA would be that strong, they would have had beaten the Marines already.

    Clearly no, as this is not their goal. The RA doesnt want to kill off somebody or beat down to a pulp, they want to change the whole system, and just destroying it wont change anything as people wont trust them then.

    Thats why the have to camly gain trust.

    I vote for the RA too, even though the Marines (more precisly, the World Goverment) is a force to be reckond with, just think about the probable power of the gorusei.

    The Yonku are strong too....but in the end, Whitebeards crew would have been wrecked without ruffy and his impel down crew.

    Shishibukai is weakest to me. Two reasons; Kuma is a revolutionary himself as probable hancock (she is not world goverementally firendly at all ) and hawkeyes cetrainly isnt a world goverment clown, which leaves doflamingo....so meeeh, no they are weak because they are no real group and everybody is just doing what the hell they want to do, they are pirates after all
    Last edited by Rikudou Sennin; March 30, 2011 at 02:56 PM.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #33
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    This is a difficult one, but I chose the Yonkou. Here's my reasoning:

    Marines: The marines are pretty weak, despite their massive numbers. Luffy alone, while at Enies Lobby, took out countless marines, and that even before Haki or Gear Second/Third. Imagine 3 of the strongest pirates ever taking on the marines. If Luffy without some of his strongest skills could do as much damage as he did, the Yonkou could tear them apart.

    Shichibukai: Yes, they're strong, but Mihawk, who's probably one of the strongest, admitted that the distance between them and Whitebeard, and then pretty much ran away when Shanks showed up. So imagine them two, plus two other ridiculously strong pirates, working together...and don't even get me started on Moria. He was a coward whose only strength was his massive army of zombies.

    Revolutionary Army: This is the main reason that it was difficult to choose. Now, we can't say that Dragon is ridiculously strong. He very well may be, but it's not fact. Yes, he's the most wanted man in the world, but that's because he's the leader of a group that is planning to overthrow the World Government. It isn't guaranteed that he's a leader because he's strong. He could just be an amazing leader and could demand respect because of his leadership skills. So, we can't guarantee that he's ridiculously strong. Basically, while this group is a good candidate for the strongest, we can't really say they are because there's too much mystery about them. We don't know their power.

  5. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    This is a difficult one, but I chose the Yonkou. Here's my reasoning:

    Marines: The marines are pretty weak, despite their massive numbers. Luffy alone, while at Enies Lobby, took out countless marines, and that even before Haki or Gear Second/Third. Imagine 3 of the strongest pirates ever taking on the marines. If Luffy without some of his strongest skills could do as much damage as he did, the Yonkou could tear them apart.

    Shichibukai: Yes, they're strong, but Mihawk, who's probably one of the strongest, admitted that the distance between them and Whitebeard, and then pretty much ran away when Shanks showed up. So imagine them two, plus two other ridiculously strong pirates, working together...and don't even get me started on Moria. He was a coward whose only strength was his massive army of zombies.

    Revolutionary Army: This is the main reason that it was difficult to choose. Now, we can't say that Dragon is ridiculously strong. He very well may be, but it's not fact. Yes, he's the most wanted man in the world, but that's because he's the leader of a group that is planning to overthrow the World Government. It isn't guaranteed that he's a leader because he's strong. He could just be an amazing leader and could demand respect because of his leadership skills. So, we can't guarantee that he's ridiculously strong. Basically, while this group is a good candidate for the strongest, we can't really say they are because there's too much mystery about them. We don't know their power.
    And what does old storytelling say?

  6. #35
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Old storytelling is exactly as you say. Old. It doesn't guarantee that it's true for this. We don't know much about them, so I can't say they're the strongest. Look at Naruto for example. The 'mystery group' was Akatsuki. And now almost all of them are dead with only Asuma and Jiraiya dead to show for it. And in Bleach, the big 'mystery group' was the Espada, and now all of them are dead with no casualties to show for it. So I can't factually say just because they're mysterious means they could take down 4 of the strongest pirates ever (3 if we aren't counting Whitebeard).

  7. #36
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Dragon is helluvah strong, I can assure it.
    He is a D. He's son of Garp. He's the most wanted man. It's actually quite the same than holding an title of Yonkou, but He's making an army out of it.

    We KNOW his power, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    Old storytelling is exactly as you say. Old. It doesn't guarantee that it's true for this. We don't know much about them, so I can't say they're the strongest. Look at Naruto for example. The 'mystery group' was Akatsuki. And now almost all of them are dead with only Asuma and Jiraiya dead to show for it. And in Bleach, the big 'mystery group' was the Espada, and now all of them are dead with no casualties to show for it. So I can't factually say just because they're mysterious means they could take down 4 of the strongest pirates ever (3 if we aren't counting Whitebeard).
    They are all enemies :/ Of course they will be defeated.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #37
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    So a middle name starting with a letter means he's strong? And his father being strong also makes him strong? Give me a break. Those are worthless arguments. And I already presented an argument against the most wanted man thing. Of course he is, he's leading a revolt against the World Government. Doesn't mean he's a beast fighter. Think about it this way. Most generals in the military are rather old (50+). Do you think they'd get much done on the frontlines? No. But they're incredible strategists, which is why they are the leaders. And the president of the US is high on the hit lists of many of America's enemies. But they aren't fighters either. They are just the leaders.

    And I'm pretty sure that since we are grouping them together against other groups to see which is stronger that we're assuming they're going to work together.

  10. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Based on what I know, it's gotta be the yonkou. Just one of them forced the entire marine force and all active shichibukai to gather together. Therefore, if all the Yonkou share the same range of strength, Shanks + Kaidou + Big Mom > Marines + Shichibukai.

  11. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by shukketsumaru View Post
    Based on what I know, it's gotta be the yonkou. Just one of them forced the entire marine force and all active shichibukai to gather together. Therefore, if all the Yonkou share the same range of strength, Shanks + Kaidou + Big Mom > Marines + Shichibukai.
    Do you count the world goverment to the marines? If not, it could change this idea.

    We dont know how powerfull the gorusei are, we dont know Kongs power and we dont know if they have certrain Members that live in the new world and are very strong.

  12. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    So a middle name starting with a letter means he's strong? And his father being strong also makes him strong? Give me a break. Those are worthless arguments.
    No intentions of being rude but I hope you've noticed that One piece is a shounen battle manga. Family names and strength of ancestors are the corner stones for defining a certain persons strength in a shounen battle manga. Also seeing how Dragon not only is the son of Garp but also the father of Luffy he might be one of the strongest character we've seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    And I already presented an argument against the most wanted man thing. Of course he is, he's leading a revolt against the World Government. Doesn't mean he's a beast fighter. Think about it this way. Most generals in the military are rather old (50+). Do you think they'd get much done on the frontlines? No. But they're incredible strategists, which is why they are the leaders. And the president of the US is high on the hit lists of many of America's enemies. But they aren't fighters either. They are just the leaders.
    We're still reading a shounen battle manga. Some things reflect the real world and some don't. The most common theme for powerful leaders in shounen is probably their immense strength in both charisma and battle capabilities. I don't see why Dragon should be an exception. Also, interestingly, in the recent (Op) war the general was well over 50 and he also died at the front lines
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones


    THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

  13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #41
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    The Marines are probably the strongest, but the RA is far more dangerous, like a wildcard. How much forces do they have? Where exactly are they? The Marines don't know that, and that's what makes the RA so scary. In fact, the RA probably have many more members working in the WG and Marines, acting as spies. Kuma is one example, and even Sentomaru (working under Vegapunk) didn't know that. The WG/Marines may have spies in the RA, but I somehow find that unlikely with the reveal of the CP9.

    In a way, I find the way the RA acts very Sun Tzu-like. They are probably weaker, but are able to manipulate the WG right into their hands, sometimes without fighting. (See sabo arc)

  15. #42
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    If Yonkous managed to make an Allience they would deffinetly become the strongest. I'd even say that the allience of two Yonkou will be the strongest group, but for now, cause they aren't going to make it I'd say that Marines are the strongest group.
    Also we don't know much about Revolutionary Army, but I think its biggest strength lies not in direct fighting capabilities (even though I suppose that they are pretty strong), but in their political threat to the World Government and Celestial Dragons.
    I can see RA being allies for Luffy when he finds out One Piece in overthrowing WG.

  16. #43
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DekkenMinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Mexico
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Like other said, the combined power of the four Yonkous would be the strongest group, but they don't work together so, I think the Marines are the strongest.

    Nevertheless the power level of the Revolutionary Army is unknown, maybe they are a little bit stronger than the Marines but they prefer to wait for the most appropiate moment to attack.

    Once we see all the Commanders of the RA together in the meeting with Dragon, we can imagine how strong they're.

  17. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Dragon is helluvah strong, I can assure it.
    He is a D. He's son of Garp. He's the most wanted man. It's actually quite the same than holding an title of Yonkou, but He's making an army out of it.

    We KNOW his power, as well.
    Dragon is also one man and his power is guaranteed to be petty when measured against the combined power of any of the other groups. The Revolutionary Army is probably the weakest group out of all the options listed in the poll. While a major thorn to the World Government, they have not been noted to be an actual major threat to the World Government in the sense of possessing formidible military power like the Yonkou.

    Dragon's title also doesn't say anything about the actual level of his strength. Unlike the Yonkou title, Dragon's status as "Most Wanted Man in the World" is not based on total military strength. Bounties are assessed on how much the WG views the individual to be a threat to them. That is why someone such as Robin had a high bounty placed on her even when she was a child with no combat ability whatsoever. Even if Dragon is a weakling, the WG would still view him as a major threat to them because of his actions.

  18. #45
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which group is the strongest?

    Considering how everyone talks about Dragon, and there is more than one reference when Luffy does something strong that He's is indeed his son or they talk about his Haoshoku I really doubt He has petty force. :/
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts