Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Which group is the strongest?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marines

39 21.67%
  • Shichibukai

2 1.11%
  • Yonkou

102 56.67%
  • Revolutionary Army

37 20.56%
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Which group is the strongest?

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which group is the strongest?

I'll put dragon at the level of Sengoku, but not at the level of kong.
    But that should be obvious. The Yonkou can each bring down one admiral but not more than that.
    So all in all, it should still be the marines overpowering.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Considering how everyone talks about Dragon, and there is more than one reference when Luffy does something strong that He's is indeed his son or they talk about his Haoshoku I really doubt He has petty force. :/
    I agree... Obviously, I don't think somebody who can do something like this has petty force. Heck, maybe even this kind of thing is done by his subordinate and Dragon has greater force than someone who did this (Not to mention this was years ago....)

BTW, look how far the "explosion" is...

Anyway, putting aside how great Dragon power is... IMO, RA is a force comparable to Marine's HQ and not the whole Marine....

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We really don't know the full extent of Dragon and the Revolutionaries power, so I voted for the Yonkou. If the Revolutionaries are as large and as powerful as I think it is then I wouldn't be surprised if it equaled the power of the Marines.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to make a revolution you don't need having the same numbers (Because it's weird then the need of revolution) but having equal strength. Dragon NEEDS to be AS STRONG or STRONGER in order to change stuff.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner smoker559's Avatar
    Country
    Laos
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga said Marines=Shichibukai=Youkou. So it's all even, and we can't really talk about RA because we seen so little of them. If I had to pick one, the Marines are the strongest. They have the biggest influence in the world plus they have a ridiculous number of men including the Pacifistas.

One thing to think about is if RA is planning to overthrow the World Government (Including Shichibukai, CP9, Impel Down personnel, and affiliates with 100+ countries) , they must be pretty powerful.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

No, actually manga stated that Marines+ Shichibukai = Yonkou.

Actually as a matter of fact Marines are the strongest for now. Yonkou aren't a group, so they can be dealt with individually by Marines. And Shichibukai are only 7 persons and no matter how strong they are they can stop even 3 Admirals combined, not talking about 10 Vice-Admirals and all the man power of the Marines.

About the Revolutionary Army... They don't need to be as strong or stronger than Marines to do what they do. They just make revolutions in different countries to disrupt World Government, but stillthey don't have enough power to overthrow WG by themselves, cause if they had, they would have already overthrown it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    Marines: The marines are pretty weak, despite their massive numbers. Luffy alone, while at Enies Lobby, took out countless marines[...]
    Well duh... of course the marine appears weak if you only consider their fodder and overlook the fighters that really matter; the Admirals, Garp & Sengoku and, to a lesser extent, the Vice Admirals. The Yonkou would appear pretty weak as well, if you judge their military worth by how Mr. 1 carved his way through Whitebeard's fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    but Mihawk, who's probably one of the strongest, admitted that the distance between them and Whitebeard, and then pretty much ran away when Shanks showed up.
    Sure, Mihawk "admitted" (i.e. he wanted, as I interpreted it, to see how much stronger the World's Strongest Man was) that Whitebeard was stronger. Which is no shame, seeing as the same is true for everyone else in the world as well.

Mihawk didn't turn tail when Shanks appear because he was scared; he left because he hadn't signed up for a fight with Shanks, whom he appears to hold in high regard (perhaps even considering him a friend).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    What makes you presume that Kong's combat prowess is superior to Sengoku's, and notably so even?

Personally, I'd think that Kong was on par with the Admirals (and Sengoku) in his heyday, but after declining from age and hard living, is now a little weaker than the colorful trio (but still a top tier).

At least, I'd hope so. We already had Whitebeard as the old man that no one of the younger generations could surpass/equal even when he was old and sick; no need to diminish the powerhouses from the generation of the Golden Age of Pirates (i.e. the current Yonkou's, the Admirals, Dragon etc.) further.

Well, to make a revolution you don't need having the same numbers (Because it's weird then the need of revolution) but having equal strength. Dragon NEEDS to be AS STRONG or STRONGER in order to change stuff.
    At some point, yes, Dragon's forces will most likely be stronger than his opposition (if he does indeed succeed in overthrowing the World Government). But for the purpose of the story, he doesn't need to possess that kind of military strength now; Dragon could acquire military strength/support as the series progress.

Quote Originally Posted by smoker559 View Post
    The manga said Marines=Shichibukai=Youkou. So it's all even[...]
    Except that Garp's statement that the Marines, the Shichibukai and the Yonkou are three world power that counterbalance each other doesn't correlate with how the factions respective fighting strength has been portrayed, and doesn't make much sense in the first place since the Shichibukai and the Marines are both employed the World Government.
    Last edited by Wisshard; June 21, 2011 at 08:25 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
    At some point, yes, Dragon's forces will most likely be stronger than his opposition (if he does indeed succeed in overthrowing the World Government). But for the purpose of the story, he doesn't need to possess that kind of military strength now; Dragon could acquire military strength/support as the series progress.
    But the series progress...now :O

Oh well, I can't blame everyone for the lack of faith. They bought me with Kuma and Ivankov, and I always thought the ones at Tequila Wolf are not as weak as they appear.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I actually believe that Dragon is able to at least take down an Admiral and the other commanders of the Revolutionary Army are at least at the level of Kuma, but still, it's not enough to say that even all of them combined can take Marines alone, not even speaking about Marines+ Shichibukai.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tessho Kawachi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Revolutionary Army!
    Dragon is the worst enemy of marines.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering how everyone talks about Dragon, and there is more than one reference when Luffy does something strong that He's is indeed his son or they talk about his Haoshoku I really doubt He has petty force. :/
    The probability that Dragon is top-tier is high. Nonetheless, Dragon's strength has yet to be directly commented on in the manga and he hasn't done anything remotely impressive yet. Dragon hasn't even been portrayed as being more powerful than Smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    But that should be obvious. The Yonkou can each bring down one admiral but not more than that.
    So all in all, it should still be the marines overpowering.
    Who told you that Dragon is equal to Sengoku? Who told you that Kong is stronger than Sengoku? Who told you that each of the Yonkou individually are stronger than an Admiral?

Quote Originally Posted by Tessho Kawachi View Post
    Revolutionary Army!
    Dragon is the worst enemy of marines.
    No, that honor belongs to the Yonkou. 2 Yonkou combining their forces would be more than enough to annihalate a good chunk of the World Government's total military power. 3 Yonkou (+ fleets) would probably outgun MHQ + 7BK.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ownage404's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on guys, what's wrong with a one man tank? Dragon has to be top tier and among the top 10 or 15 at the least. But of course there is a lot of mystery as to why there is no showcasing of the army. Although there is some things to look back on that Oda probably did to show how powerful he is. In lougetown that giant green dragon that flew by, come on why would a mangaka show something that awesome if he wasn't ridiculously powerful.

For those people asking why we haven't seen all of the revolutionary army and why they aren't doing anything, i'm thinking Dragon isn't making his move because of course he doesn't have enough political and social support but, also because he doesn't have a strong enough army to fight against the WG if his revolution succeeds.But anyways, this is just because I REALLY want the RA to be freakin crazy hax, because I'll be really pissed if we have already seen all of the One Piece world fighters.

Anyways on to the list:

1. World Government - I'm going to go by what the manga has showed us so I don't come off as petty. Strong enough as a threat to all pirates and a threat to all pirates. Pretty good mutual strength relation

2. Yonkou - Makes up all the OP world's strongest pirates (so far...) and as I said, definite threat to the order the WG tries to maintain.

3.Shichibukai - Don't really have much respect for these people as a whole. But I do find individuals to be much much stronger than the rest and compared to other pirates and marines.

4. Revolutionary Army - For now, let's just keep them down here. I love them and want them to be kidney stone passing strong, but we can't say that without much concrete evidence. Don't worry they'll be up top soon though without a doubt.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging from what i read,u guys are indirectly saying that Robin is a top tier too.Well since the WG wanted her captured at the age of 8 and aokiji had to personally judge that Robin was too much of a threat to be left wandering around.

So far what we saw was Marines>Whitebeard and his crew and injured/destroyed Marines<Shanks and his crew.So we can fairly say that the Marines is stronger then the Yonkou individually.Maybe its a battle of brains VS brawls?Dragon's brains/Revolutionary Army VS Marines brawls?Maybe Dragon knew more then what Ohara knew?Or maybe Dragon possess a very important key to overthrow the WG?Maybe Dragon has the key to the puzzle of letting the world know what happened during the Void Century?Or maybe Dragon has both brains and brawl.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    injured/destroyed Marines<Shanks and his crew
    Not true.
    They didn't want anymore causalities that will occur if they take on shanks, it wasn't worth it.

I doubt adding shanks in will be enough to bring down the marines.
    Besides, Aokiji and Kizaru barely even seem exhausted at the end of the war.
    Akainu was a special case because he took quakes to his face and even then he wasn't dead.
    "Injured" marine from the war is still enough to handle shanks crew.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually two Yonkou with their crews and afilliated crews can take Marines and Shichibukai combined. It was obvious as I see it.
    1. Don't understimate WB and his crew. If they didn't need to save Ace the outcome would be obviously different. WB just needed to unleash his real power and sink the island of Marineford as Blackbeard tried to do, when he obtained Gura-Gura no mi.
    Also WB was awfully wounded even before the real battle started by the hand of his own man (Squardo). Actually that wound was so grave that the majority of One Piece characters might have died instantly or wouldn't have lived long after getting such a wound, so that's obvious that the outcome of the War would have been totally different, cause WB just by himself might have taken everyone exept the Admirals, Vice Admirals, Sengoku and some of Shichibukai even before the main event would have started.
    2. Try to remember Akainu's face when Shanks came! http://www.mangareader.net/103-49210...apter-579.html
    He was actually quiet afraid of Shanks.
    Not even saying that other people from Shanks crew should be at Marco's and Joz's level, so they could have clearly taken Vice Admirals.

Normal WB without wounds and Shanks can clearly take one Admiral each. I believe that's obvious, otherwise why would they be so feared.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast