Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Which group is the strongest?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marines

39 21.79%
  • Shichibukai

1 0.56%
  • Yonkou

102 56.98%
  • Revolutionary Army

37 20.67%
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Which group is the strongest?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which group is the strongest?

You mean half of the grandline? I dont think that you can group yonkous as one group. Just cant.
    I think that globaly marines are strongest group. They fight RA, scores of other unafiliated pirate crews, yonkous at the same time, they have resources such as vegapunk, Pacifistas, CP-# units and who really knows what else.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Revolutionary Army

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    Revolutionary Army
    If that were true, their Guerilla tactics would not be necessary

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    They are still making their group stronger so for now they do guerilla attacks

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    You mean half of the grandline? I dont think that you can group yonkous as one group. Just cant.
    I think that globaly marines are strongest group. They fight RA, scores of other unafiliated pirate crews, yonkous at the same time, they have resources such as vegapunk, Pacifistas, CP-# units and who really knows what else.
    i dont think marines is strongest .
    if all 4 Yonkou join force they can be strongest group around because if u talk about groups they said balance 3 group to run one piece world smoothly r WG/marines , Shichibukai and yonkou .
    this balance is WG/marines + Shichibukai = yonkou

if u think some differently u will find group r like
    WG/marines official good people (we know truth how good they r)
    Shichibukai pirates but marines dont do anything against them if its not necessary
    Revolutionary Army enemy of WG
    yonkou powerful pirates (other pirates can join them)
    there r pirates (luffy , kid , law etc) u cant forget about them so if u want total every power u have to add pirates in yonkou and . because u cant add all pirates in marines and Shichibukai's maximum number is 7 even if u change Shichibukai then u remove one powerful pirate from that group and add them in yonkou group

so if u take that yonkou r most powerful group

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna go with the Yonkou here seeing what Whitebeard did to Marineford.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For all that though, he still lost. Newgate himself was killed, the Marine and Shichibukai won the war.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's only one of them. Still 3 of them remaining, who haven't even fought. If they were all allied and attacked together, Marineford would have been destroyed completely. Granted, if they were up against all Yonkou they would probably have a greater force waiting, but let's be real, most of their fighting power was already there. It's a good thing (for WG) that there is no Pirate King (yet). Only someone like that could unite all pirates.

As for Revolutionaries, it pays out more to make the people turn against WG and their kings and subsequently join their army, than to attack kingdoms and kill potential allies. If I remember correctly, Ivankow said he was waiting for the right time to get out of jail and join the fights. There are probably others who are waiting and, in the meantime, their army is probably getting bigger and bigger.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how you define group. For me, the Yonkou are definitely not a group, it is just a term for the 4 strongest pirates who own territories in the NW. If Yonkou are a group, then so are pirates in general. Marines and the WG are the strongest "group". The problem in the "Great Pirate Era" is not only that very powerful figures have appeared but the sheer amount of pirates in general.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the thread made them into groups and out of all these, Yonkou seem to have the greatest military might. Not all pirates are part of Yonkou alliances.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the issue here is that the yonko aren't an unified force, they are simply a group of powerful pirates with strong allies. Each of the yonko has as an enemy at least the yonko that border in their territorries and the world government. The world government has as an enemy basically the 4 yonko and every pirate in the world. The world government has to protect the entire first half of the grand line, the 4 blues and has to fight the constant chaos of the new world. At an individual level I would argue the strongest single organization has to be the marines given the sheer scale of what they do on a daily basis. The marines seem roughly even with WB's forces however if that truly where all of their assets then the world would have been left unprotected for at least the duration of the war. The marines basically are strong enough to fight on par with all of the WB pirates and keep the world at peace to some degree. The marines would likely get obliterated if the yonko worked together however that is not a likely or even plausible scenario. As far as we know the marines being supported by the government (all the governments in fact) are likely the largest and best funded of all powers.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well the thread made them into groups and out of all these, Yonkou seem to have the greatest military might. Not all pirates are part of Yonkou alliances.
    Well, i am just saying, there is no justification in counting the Yonkou as one group, they are all enemies. Theoretically speaking, all 4 are obviously superior to the WG and the Marines but then again, if you count the Yonkou as one group, you can just as easy count all pirates as one group.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Their tactics wouldn't necessarily make them that weak. Guerrilla tactics would work in causing least amount of casualties while causing most amount of damage to the target and winning swiftly. An attack out of nowhere guarantees faster victory because enemies aren't prepared for it and would be disoriented for a while.

Anyway, I think the Yonkou are the strongest. If I understood right, the Marine and shichibukai exist to fight the Yonkou, and Whitebeard himself in his old age was enough to stand up to the Marines and shichibukai. Shichibukai actually exist to deter other pirates from being too unruly, and the fact that they get recruited shows the power they have, whether it's the power of individual (Crocodile) or power of the crew (Buggy).

Seven warlords of the sea and 3 admirals and their crew/army against four emperors. Says quite a lot IMO.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Their tactics wouldn't necessarily make them that weak. Guerrilla tactics would work in causing least amount of casualties while causing most amount of damage to the target and winning swiftly. An attack out of nowhere guarantees faster victory because enemies aren't prepared for it and would be disoriented for a while.

Anyway, I think the Yonkou are the strongest. If I understood right, the Marine and shichibukai exist to fight the Yonkou, and Whitebeard himself in his old age was enough to stand up to the Marines and shichibukai. Shichibukai actually exist to deter other pirates from being too unruly, and the fact that they get recruited shows the power they have, whether it's the power of individual (Crocodile) or power of the crew (Buggy).

Seven warlords of the sea and 3 admirals and their crew/army against four emperors. Says quite a lot IMO.
    Never called them weak but it is obvious that they are not the strongest

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, I'm just saying it wouldn't disqualify them from being the strongest just because they chose the best strategy. We know that RA was established to overthrow government rule to create equality, so they're likely prioritizing safety of citizens first.

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast